• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of Cards S3 |OT| Available now on Netflix! - *Spoilers for all of S3*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

Just finished episode 6. That clapback.
KuGsj.gif

Gray Matter

All the sex scenes in this are laughable, ALL OF THEM. especially the
threesome between meechum and the underwoods

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For some reason, I wanna buy Monument Valley.

And a Samsung tablet for that sweet swiping to TV screen action.

Can't put my finger as to why though.

I'm enjoying this season through six episodes.

Gray Matter

For some reason, I wanna buy Monument Valley.

And a Samsung tablet for that sweet swiping to TV screen action.

Can't put my finger as to why though.

I'm enjoying this season through six episodes.

Seems like the product placement is working as intended.

Roussow

Full season spoilers:
Fuck me, that transition from Doug driving up behind Rachel to a hard cut of filling her grave was rough, appropriately so. Just the way it was edited gave me a similar shock-reaction to when Zoe was thrown at the train. Really happy with Doug's plotline this season, wrapped up this long standing thread perfectly.

Oh, and just for a minute -- the fuck was with Claire's "Fuck me, Francis" scene. Jesus that was nuts. Early on I assumed Claire was pregnant (due to the vomiting, which I and probably every single viewer interpreted as morning sickness), but I now have to assume she is actually going through menopause, due to the the symptoms she had in the blood donation scene.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Just got done watching ep 13. I can't fucking wait until next season.
The Doug plot was awesome this season. I actually felt bad for Rachel. That jump cut to her in the hole was pretty chilling.

HigXx

Just finished it and while it was good, just found it a little lacking compared to seasons 1 and 2. Needed more 4th Wall breaking and Frank being a badass

tirminyl

Finished S3.

It felt lost to me. Like, did a bulk of the writers leave or something? I didn't like how some characters just disappeared or rarely appeared after their presence in S1 and S2. Claire also just confused me. She stood right by his side, pushing him along and propping him up when he wanted to falter or started having a conscious. Now she wants to blame him for supporting her in what she wanted to do. It felt like manufactured conflict.

Episode 8:
Meechum getting super protective over Frank was sorta adorable. Surprised Mendoza is out all of a sudden.

I loved that part.

Finished the season

Felt the show lost major steam after episode 6. The conflict with Claire could have been handled a lot better, and it would have helped if there were some actual scheming from Franks side this entire season. That's what we used to watch the show for anyway. He got majorly outplayed by almost everyone this season. Petrov especially got everything he wanted at every turn, and Frank was completely powerless in all his interactions with him. The closest thing we got to a Frank moment was his threats against Claire, but even that was hollow since she could just leave instead of taking his bullshit.

Petrov is nothing like Putin,

Yeah, Viktor Petrov, the bald former KGB Russian president that enjoys taking masculine publicity pictures of himself can't possibly be based on Putin. I'm not saying all aspects fit, but the examples you put are more the general western stereotype of russians mixed in with what is very clearly a Putin analog.

Someglan

Banned
I wasn't quite sure what to think about the season at first, but after finishing it, I think it is the best yet. I'm glad it isn't so much about Frank outmaneuvering people politically and more of an examination of the characters and their relationships. Doug and Claire are the two standouts for me. I also REALLY loved the writer character and his relationship with Frank.

Panzon

Absolutely loved this season

Wonder where the writers will take
Frank and Claire's marriage

S1>S3>S2

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Finished today, just now. I've read a few pages of the thread and I can't believe some people are going so nutso about product placement. Nothing I saw seemed out of place. Seeing daily use products never took me out of immersion. This obsession reminds me of gaming side going insane over pixel numbers.

OK, now on to the season.
Like many have already said Season 3 was not as good as S1 & S2. What I enjoyed most about those seasons was ruthless Francis and cold calculating Claire. I think the writers did a real disservice to both this season especially Claire. The Claire we know from Season 1 & 2 wouldn't have let her heart/empathy guide her judgement. I didn't enjoy watching this emotional trope of a woman. Such a waste.

I can understand why we didn't get to see very much of ruthless Francis. He's President now and all eye are squarely on him. He doesn't have the ability to be the bully extortionist whipping up Votes. I enjoyed Lars Mikkelsen the writers did a good job showing us who/what Frank would be in a different political climate and it was chilling just as it should be. Lars might of stole the season.

Maybe a better direction for S3 would have been more focus on AW. That would have been able to show us the Francis we're used to. I respect the writers for going out on a limb and showing us a different angle. It just didn't work as well as I hoped.

Gray Matter

Could someone please explain to me the deal with Gavin?

Why is he being forced to work in the FBI and what is the blackmail they have in him?

There's something about the production design and cinematography that really disconnects me. Visually it looks very cold, but more so the rooms are all so minimalist and perfectly clean. Everything is too sterile.

FiggyCal

Banned
Could someone please explain to me the deal with Gavin?

Why is he being forced to work in the FBI and what is the blackmail they have in him?
They gave him the position in return for selling out his fellow hacker friends and cooperating with them. He's wary of his relationship with the FBI and thinks that once they think he's no longer useful to them; they'll also send him to jail. We also know that the FBI was monitoring his activities.

Vamphuntr

Just watched episode 1 of S3.

It was pretty boring. I don't care about
Stamper. With all the shit he has pulled I don't feel sorry for him

Koodo

Banned
Just finished. I'm not sure how to feel about S3 compared to S2. I just know they are both a step below S1.

At this rate, I'll keep watching to see Kevin Spacey's and Robin Wright's e l e c t r i f y i n g performances, because the show is starting to feel tired. I agree with whoever said the show is incredibly one-note, and also predictable.

I assume S4 is going to be the last because the actors won't be able to keep me beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom