• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of Cards S3 |OT| Available now on Netflix! - *Spoilers for all of S3*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

How is Frank getting a reception like that to ultra-conservative policies from... Democrats?

I think his message would resonate with quite a bit of America, but not his party.

I really thought he was going to seek the Republican nomination for the presidency when he said he wasn't going to seek the "Democrat nomination." I don't think that would be quite outlandish given his policies.

It seems pretty clear that
Benito Martinez (Mendoza) leaving the show totally fucked up the election storyline.

I'd guess the original plan was to skip the primaries almost entirely and jump straight to the general election, with Dunbar (D), Mendoza (R) and Underwood (I) duking it out for the presidency.

Salvadora

Speaking of characters that just disappear -
Ayla Sayyad, what was the deal? Surely the whole point of her character wasn't just to introduce ANOTHER journalist. She literally had no reason to be in this season.

Serick

Married Member
Not sure why we have spoiler tags on everything. We should just create a dedicated spoilers thread and be done with it.

Anyway...

This season was an absolute mess - not only in terms of the subplots, but in terms of the pacing. You could honestly just tell someone to watch episodes 1 and 13, because those are the only two episodes in this entire season that you would actually need to watch to know what's going on.

The pacing with the Rachel storyline was absolutely terrible. It took Doug 12 episodes simply to find out the general area in which Rachel was living, yet within one episode, he travels halfway around the world, intimidates Gavin, finds Rachel's specific location, travel's back to the other side of the world to Rachel's location, buys a van and tools, kidnaps her, drives her out to a remote location, digs her grave, decides to let her go, then changes his mind and kills her. These events should have been spaced out throughout the entirety of the season, not crammed into the last episode.

Claire's decisions throughout the film were also downright ridiculous. This was a character that was cunning, controlling, and manipulative during the first two seasons, and yet throughout this season, she was whiny, needy, and irrational. She begged Frank to engage in borderline illegal nepotic act so that she could be the UN Ambassador, only to fail miserably at the position which was topped off with publicly shaming Petrov in front of his country and destroying everything Frank had worked for. Then, she comes home, campaigns a bit, and after ~30 years, only then comes to the conclusion that the marriage isn't working out, and that the problem is Frank? Please. Frank gave her every opportunity to succeed, and she failed. She wanted more and wasn't satisfied, so she walks out on her husband of 30 years, the freaking President of the United States, in the middle of a heated campaign - when, two episodes ago (~5 weeks in the timeline of the plot) she was happily campaigning with him and had just renewed her vows. It just wasn't at all believable.

The rest of the subplots were completely pointless - Russia? Never amount to anything. America Works? They built it up for 8 episodes, it collapsed, and now its gone. We didn't see Frank's reaction to Jackie. Remy just packs up and quits. The Tom subplot was incredibly boring, yet even more irrelevant was all the time wasted with the Tom-Kate dynamic - no one cares.

The entire season was nothing but filler, and one thing was made incredibly clear - Netflix wants to milk this series for as long as possible.

If the writers want to give this series its mojo back, you do one thing - have Frank kill Claire through some sort of intermediary. He knows he can't win the 2016 election without Claire by his side, but if she's dead, he'll gain massive support via sympathy votes. It will be another "card" stacked on the house, and it will reinforce Frank as a rutheless thug who only cares about one thing and one thing only - his own power.

Hit the nail on the head for me. Couldn't have said it better myself.

ferr

OK, just finished it. Pretty good, not as good as S1, I think.

One thing that has left me wondering-

What is the point of it all!? In S1-2 his target was rising up, eventually to the white house. But why? To get AmWorks? To create a "legacy" for a childless family? Or are we dealing with the one time a villain actually gets what he wants, only to have the villain realize he never knew why he wanted it in the first place? Like the Joker said in TDK about a mad dog chasing a car, they wouldn't know what to do with it once they got it. AmWorks (or a personal legacy) being Underwood's ultimate goal is a bit underwhelming.

ferr

Everything involving him was great. Most of the other stuff was meh. I think it was still pretty good overall but without Petrov, it would have been terrible.

I liked him as well. They should have done more with him. It was like Frank met his match in evilness with him.

I enjoyed this season. Kinda surprised by the backlash. This series is good but not all time great. And that's OK.

I'm rewatching S1 now...its definitely tighter but it has a lot of the same problems IMO like the boring side stuff (Claire's photographer affair guy. Who gives a shit?). But boring side characters/subplots is a glaring issue with a lot of good shows. Especially ones with a dominant, dynamic lead. Everything else just kinda fads into the background by comparison

Bread

Banned
Just finished the season, reading through people's thoughts now. This is bugging me though; it's conscience, not conscious!

So I thought it was a good season, on par with 2. The weak points were really weak (listening to the writer mumble his lines got old very quickly) but the Russia subplot was great. Petrov was an incredible character that I hope is featured more in the next season, I was expecting a bigger backlash from him over Claire's comments though. He was insulted in front of the world and all he wants for an apology is the removal of Claire from the ambassador position?

I think Doug is a fantastic character so I had no problem with his subplot taking a while to unfold.

All in all, I'd give the season an 8-8.99, can't wait to see where they take it next.

Curufinwe

Who thinks season 4 will be the final season? Based on my vague recollections of watching the British version 20 years ago, I think it will be.

I'm 10 episodes into Season 3, and I enjoy this far more than Season 2. There's actual tension surrounding the Underwoods, given that the cast of characters around them
aren't total fucking idiots like in Season 2 and that the Underwoods occasionally, or in this season more than occasionally, suffer setbacks and even defeats. Unlike Season 2, where everything they did worked to perfection and everyone was too stupid to do anything but exactly what they Underwoods wanted etc. It got tiresome, predictable, and eliminated the tension of any scheming given you knew 100% the outcome.

That's pretty much how I felt.

ship it

not really feeling season 3 at all. just seems like a wrong direction in a lot of ways.

oh well, the power couple is still awesome.

vpance

The show is really hurting from the lack of Underwood and Kate Mara sex. They should've ran with a Clinton-Lewinsky-esque sub plot to spice things up. Seriously.

I finished season 3 with my girlfriend last night. In a word, I'd say this season was messy.

It did a good job of making me feel tense a lot of the time and not really knowing what was going to happen up until the final episode where
pretty much nothing happened in addition to a mediocre cliffhanger ending

I did get a good laugh when I (word for word) said a line seconds before Frank said it:
Doug just gave Frank the journal and when he had the phone to Dunbar I said "go fuck yourself" and then he said the same thing.
SO GOOD! Probably my moment of the season right there.

This might be a strange comparison, but I felt similarly about this season compared to seasons 1+2 as I did about Oceans 12 compared to Oceans 11.
The first movie was about this worldclass team of robbers who make mistakes here and there, but their overall plan ends perfectly. Then Oceans 12 is 90% them all just being bumbling idiots and losing a lot of what made them charming in the first place. Season 1+2 of HoC felt like Frank and Clare were the ones pulling off their plan perfectly (with a few challenges to keep things interesting). But then in Season 3 we find out that Frank has been sucking as the President, congress hates him (wasn't his old job all bout managing congress?!), and Frank and Clare's relationship has imploded. Yeah, he won the primary in the end, but that victory barely felt earned at all.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just finished!
Slightly disappointed it didn't end with Claire glancing down the camera as she walked off. Would've made the ending just perfect. It should be her show now.

That really would have been perfect.

Lars Mikkelson needs a nod for best supporting actor Emmy in my opinion. President Petrov is A+ tier.

Agreed. He was great as Petrov.

I enjoy this far more than Season 2. There's actual tension surrounding the Underwoods, given that the cast of characters around them
aren't total fucking idiots like in Season 2 and that the Underwoods occasionally, or in this season more than occasionally, suffer setbacks and even defeats. Unlike Season 2, where everything they did worked to perfection and everyone was too stupid to do anything but exactly what they Underwoods wanted etc. It got tiresome, predictable, and eliminated the tension of any scheming given you knew 100% the outcome.

I enjoyed it way more than season two, which often felt like a chore to me. Season three was bigger and juicer and way more entertaining.

squidyj

I can't say I really liked it. I honestly thought they'd cover more ground, an entire season of barely anything happening. The writer has at least had some payoff but it doesn't feel concluded, they've only set up the judge, they only got up to the first of the primaries.
When Heather Dunbar said "We are just getting started" it felt like she was talking about the show.

Imm0rt4l

I thought this season was great. I'm kinda surprised at just how much backlash this season got. But I suppose I had virtually no expectations, just like with season 1. I actually wasn't sure this could still be as interesting but this season was great imo.

Grasshopper

Neo Member
I found the 3rd season rather boring, quite a lack of substance.

However, the psychology behind the show is rather scary. Why am I cheering on a man who is only thinking about himself and his own interest? A man who is not afraid of murdering people for his own gains..

#TeamFrank

Imm0rt4l

I found the 3rd season rather boring, quite a lack of substance.

However, the psychology behind the show is rather scary. Why am I cheering on a man who is only thinking about himself and his own interest? A man who is not afraid of murdering people for his own gains..

#TeamFrank
The Devil's charming

Season 10:
I didn't really like the whole man romance between Frank and Tom, it kind of ruined it for me at least for that part.

SalvaPot

I saw it all in two day, so I have to say its at least entertaining.

I liked it a lot.
My main issue with the season was how much they made Claire useless or powerless all around, so the fact that by the end the show actually made her stand up for herself and walk away from Francis was a huge plus in my opinion, such a badass. I'll love to see Claire actually go for the candidacy for the Republicans, it will make for SUCH A GOOD Storyline, like daamn! And she pretty much bringed in all those votes for Francis during the election, its going to be amazing.

I saw someone else suggest to have her killed to gain sympathy, damn, that sounds possible, but I think then you would need a better rival for Frank Underwood, and who better than her Ex-Wife?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Episode 11:
Completely fucked up what he did to Jackie. Really felt bad for her.

Diablos

-In terms of Doug's character:
I think he realizes that he always sort of had a conscious and was ready to let Rachel go and might want a family one day like his brother, but his sense of loyalty ultimately trumps all of that, which is why he turns around.
Are you joking? Doug
has all the hallmarks of a serial killer, seriously. He's a total loon and cold-blooded asshole. That he could go through with killing Rachel like that after he spent so much time obsessing and crying over her speaks for itself; he's completely insane. He knows it, too. Why do you think he was so emotional saying goodbye to his brother? He knows he's a terrible person and will never be able to become a better man like his brother did. That's why he had held his brother and his children in such high regard. He knows his brother is a normal fun loving guy with a beautiful family, and he's just a tortured freak.[/quote]

The most outlandish thing about this season is really
Frank even thinking of touching Social Security/Medicare. That's essential to a politician committing suicide by killing the Senior Citizen votes.
Yes but
his entire angle was he doesn't care about the consequences because he's not running... or so he said at that point in time. He used that as a catalyst to promote his idea and give zero fucks, and then when he could say that it's actually working in DC he utilized that as a living, breathing platform to launch a campaign. I don't believe in abandoning the safety net, but what he did was brilliant in terms of tact and if a future President were to ascend to the White House in the same fashion Underwood did, I could see him or her employing a similar strategy to get away with not caring about the public's reaction and putting all their weight behind something they are passionate about.

It seems pretty clear that
Benito Martinez (Mendoza) leaving the show totally fucked up the election storyline.

I'd guess the original plan was to skip the primaries almost entirely and jump straight to the general election, with Dunbar (D), Mendoza (R) and Underwood (I) duking it out for the presidency.
Oh, I didn't realize that is why
Mendoza really left. It seemed really abrupt. This no doubt fucked with the plot, but I think it still landed in a good place.

OK, just finished it. Pretty good, not as good as S1, I think.

One thing that has left me wondering-

What is the point of it all!? In S1-2 his target was rising up, eventually to the white house. But why? To get AmWorks? To create a "legacy" for a childless family? Or are we dealing with the one time a villain actually gets what he wants, only to have the villain realize he never knew why he wanted it in the first place? Like the Joker said in TDK about a mad dog chasing a car, they wouldn't know what to do with it once they got it. AmWorks (or a personal legacy) being Underwood's ultimate goal is a bit underwhelming.
I think its partially because he is indeed the mad dog chasing the car. That's a great analogy really. Frank is a powerhouse; a power-craving man who will stop at NOTHING to get what he wants, and will deal with the consequences later.

His vision for AmWorks was to redefine the Democratic Party as not caring about the safety net and instead shifting the focus entirely to maintaining full employment. It's horrible as full employment is never a guarantee. As I said above in response to someone else, the way he went about doing it was absolutely brilliant though, and it suits his truly heartless agenda. "You are entitled to nothing, we've failed you. Now eat my shit and wash dishes like a dirty poor while you don't get a safety net for you or your family."
That's basically what it boils down to, and due to a bold leadership style, strong messaging and the allure of
full employment when 10 million are unemployed
it all just worked.

The final scene was really powerful I think. It'll be interesting to see where everyone is next season.

Also, not sure who said this but I loved the
debate
even though you didn't.

I also loved the enitre
Frank vs. Petrov
thing. That was great, along with all the things that weaved into the part of the story.

Claire's
nomination as UN Ambassador
was NOT stupid; if anything it served as a reality check and helped her come to the conclusion that she did during the final ep. It begged the question:
What is all this for? Why are we doing this? This is insane.
This was glossed over even more when the
writer (can't remember his name) kept asking Claire to reflect on her marriage; combined with recent events it all was just one giant fucking wakeup call that she and Frank have turned into horrible people who feed off each other's morally and ethically bankrupt behaviors and actions.

Also it makes perfect sense that she would walk out on Frank right after Iowa; Claire on stage during the campaign is basically just acting. It's not real, it's politics and in the worst way. If you truly stopped caring about your political career full stop, you would not care about walking away even at that point.
Just because it hasn't happened in real US politics before doesn't make it an outlandish scenario if the circumstances are right.

jtb

Banned
They completely rewrote Doug to be, among other things, a fucking idiot in season 2 and that's probably the most unforgivable thing this show has done in my book.

Diablos

They completely rewrote Doug to be, among other things, a fucking idiot in season 2 and that's probably the most unforgivable thing this show has done in my book.
He was always a fucking idiot; a cold-blooded, heartless idiot with the worst of intentions and a strange loyalty/obsession with the Underwoods. At the end of the day Frank really
does not care about his well being, but he knows he's a completely lost person wandering around who needs purpose and he provides that which he totally gets off on. He and Claire were so reluctant to bring him back on. They know he's fucked up, but then again so are they which makes for an eerie yet unique chemistry.

Dude is a legit creep and loser with absolutely no moral compass and a near complete lack of empathy (save children and to a lesser extent family) and always has been. He can't just be himself. He tried
during his injury but you saw first hand how he struggled with that and finding a place in life without being a slave to Frank and Claire.
He
mourns a woman who nearly killed him because he has feelings, only to kill her later as a means to an end. He knows his time is coming too, that's why his goodbye to his brother was so grim and emotional.

I love to hate this man. I guess in that regard he's a 'good' character because he plays the role so fucking well. After the last ep of S3 I really wanted to jump into that world and hurt him, personally. He's just that kind of character.

jtb

Banned
He was always a fucking idiot; a cold-blooded, heartless idiot with the worst of intentions and a strange loyalty/obsession with the Underwoods. At the end of the day Frank really
does not care about his well being, but he knows he's a completely lost person wandering around who needs purpose and he provides that which he totally gets off on. He and Claire were so reluctant to bring him back on. They know he's fucked up, but then again so are they which makes for an eerie yet unique chemistry.

Dude is a legit creep and loser with absolutely no moral compass and a near complete lack of empathy (save children and to a lesser extent family) and always has been. He can't just be himself. He tried
during his injury but you saw first hand how he struggled with that and finding a place in life without being a slave to Frank and Claire.

I love to hate this man. I guess in that regard he's a 'good' character because he plays the role so fucking well. After the last ep of S3 I really wanted to jump into that world and hurt him, personally. He's just that kind of character.

In Season 1, he was loyal. He was Tom Hagen. In season 2, they decided he was actually "creepy" (though he's never really been creepy, even the performance) and wrote him as the most cliched, generic sociopath type person you could think of. So he fucked a hooker in S1, big deal... somehow the writers thought that was the most interesting part of his character... dumb decision by the writers, really dumb.

Goodstyle

I loved this season.
I thought the examination of the Underwood marriage was better than them fucking around separately for the entire season. Also, they've been building to Claire's crisis of conscience for a very long time now, and I'm glad it finally came to a head.

If I had one problem though, it'd be that
there was no Threechum scene... or at the very least a Frank + Writer Guy + Claire scene.

Cloudy

Banned
What I didn't understand in Episode 13 was
Doug being re-appointed Chief of Staff only to disappear to Venezuela (thanks enanogrande), followed by at least a couple days in a remote portion of the US. He had to have been MIA for at least a few days, all during an important primary battle. Wouldn't that have raised several eyebrows all over the White House? I know he hadn't been officially named as Chief of Staff, but word was getting out throughout the White House.

It was never announced. They were going to do it after Iowa

Diablos

In Season 1, he was loyal. He was Tom Hagen. In season 2, they decided he was actually "creepy" (though he's never really been creepy, even the performance) and wrote him as the most cliched, generic sociopath type person you could think of. So he fucked a hooker in S1, big deal... somehow the writers thought that was the most interesting part of his character... dumb decision by the writers, really dumb.
It's not just his actions in S1 but his weird subdued personality. He was a legit sociopath creep and what you've seen from S1 to now is him rapidly going down the spiral.

He creeped me out in S1 just as much as he does now. I'm just more angry at him since
he hasn't been killed or caught yet

Helmholtz

I thought this was the best season yet. I was ready to give up on this show after S2. I had very little hype, in fact I didn't even realize S3 was out until it was released. I thought S2 had a lot of serious problems that made for unbelievable and boring television. S3 corrects most of these issues and delivers compelling drama and a lot of fantastic character arcs.
I'm one of those people who felt like S2 suffered from Dexter syndrome, where the main character was just stomping over all his opposition, and everyone around him acted like complete idiots. It was just unbelievable to me and there was little to no tension. This season? A lot more uncertainty, more believable and intelligent counterparts to Frank, and more tension. The Russian president was fantastic, and Dunbar was a good opponent for Frank.
The weakest subplot was probably the one involving the writer, primarily because it didn't really amount to much except for, arguably, the Claire situation at the end. But this season didn't have anything nearly as cringeworthy and show-ruining as the infamous hacker subplot from S2. That shit made me embarrassed watching the show. In fact, I actually kind of liked the scenes involving the hacker in S3, which is something I never thought I'd say.
I thought Spacey's performance was, as always, fantastic this season. But probably even better this time around, simply because on several occasions, cracks begin to show. He actually has doubts and shows frustration at a lot of the unexpected events and outcomes thrown at him, and it's interesting to see how he reacts and deals with these situations. And this time around, there are many characters who don't buy into his sweet talking persona and actually stand up to him.
I do think Claire's actions in the finale feel a little out of place. Like the pacing was off and it kind of came out of nowhere. However I guess there were quite a few instances of tension in their relationship this season, more so than we've ever seen before. And the way Frank dresses her down in that finale is a sight to behold. You just know that him talking to her like that is not going to go well for him.
Also, the
return of Stamper was a pleasant surprise. He was my favorite character in the first two seasons, and I really liked that they gave him his own major arc and scenes. He's easily one of the most interesting characters to me.
A little disappointed in the
cliffhanger ending. But hey, it beats S2's awful picture-perfect wrap up

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just finished. It was ok, definitely had its moments.

I don't like that
Tusk, Walker, Christina, or any other relevant past character was even acknowledged. Also what in the world happened with Mendoza

I know a lot of people are down on season three but as bad as you think it may be, nothing in Season 3 (which I liked) was as bad as the Dark Web subplot in season 2.

duckroll

Finished up the sason. Overall I definitely like it more than season 2, but the way they decided to end the season was just lame as hell.

The adversaries this season (Petrov and Dunbar) were way stronger and more interesting. Solid performances, they convincingly stand up to Frank, and they don't come off as incompetent dumbfucks who just happened to stand in Frank's way. In terms of storylines, I liked what they did with Doug and his brother, although I'm not really a fan of the character himself. It was nice to see him having to reflect on how he has no family or purpose outside of his commitment to Frank, but aside from that there wasn't really anything there.

Jackie's story was pretty awful, but then again she's kind of a wishy-washy awful person anyway so whatever. Remy felt totally wasted, Seth hasn't really developed beyond "hot guy gunning for a bigger gig", and what the FUCK happened with Mendoza? Lol. Did the actor just drop out of the show half-way while they were filming for no reason? Super weird.

I found myself really taken by the Claire storyline though. I've been a pretty big fan of the character arc since the first season, especially with all the Lady Macbeth allusions, and I love that the show has allowed her to continually become a huge wildcard. The ending was bullshit though. If they wanted to pull that, they should pull it with some sort of closure for the season, not drop it off like that. Meh. Definitely looking forward to how it develops next season.

Gavin and Rachael are the worst things about this entire season. I feel the Rachael plot in particular is a complete waste of time because there was really only one way it could end. Regardless of whether Doug lets her go or if he kills her, she won't have any place in the show. Why waste all that time on building intrigue and suspense on her fate? They should really have just actually had her die off screen like it seemed. Doesn't help that the entire plot was tied to Gavin, who is a garbage-tier character carried over from the worst subplot last season. Should have dropped this entire thing and given more time on the season to develop Remy and Seth more. :p

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just finished it. I'm in the minority that enjoyed the season. I thought it was better than the second one. I agree with some of the overall complaints people had about the season. Especially the pacing. Just felt like random time jumps with zero explanation what happened.

My biggest complaint though, and one I haven't seen many people bring up, is the
lack of fourth wall/Frank talking to us. It is one of the reasons I love about the show. I wonder why they toned it down this season.

I definitely agree that Petrov was outstanding. The scenes with Petrov and Frank were some of the best.
I was happy that Frank finally had great people to go up against him this season. Petrov and Dunbar were a great one-two punch. Watching Dunbar try and go all out towards the end was satisfying.

I have mixed feelings about the ending. I think most of all saw it coming. Part of me wanted it to happen.

I still love this show and looking forward to the next season. Now begins the long wait.

LeleSocho

Banned
I did the marathon yesterday.
I am now sure that the writers didn't quite get what was so good about the first season... *sigh*
Will continue to watch it only for Frank in hope of something good out of him.

Petrov arc was good.

Not sure why we have spoiler tags on everything. We should just create a dedicated spoilers thread and be done with it.

Anyway...

This season was an absolute mess - not only in terms of the subplots, but in terms of the pacing. You could honestly just tell someone to watch episodes 1 and 13, because those are the only two episodes in this entire season that you would actually need to watch to know what's going on.

The pacing with the Rachel storyline was absolutely terrible. It took Doug 12 episodes simply to find out the general area in which Rachel was living, yet within one episode, he travels halfway around the world, intimidates Gavin, finds Rachel's specific location, travel's back to the other side of the world to Rachel's location, buys a van and tools, kidnaps her, drives her out to a remote location, digs her grave, decides to let her go, then changes his mind and kills her. These events should have been spaced out throughout the entirety of the season, not crammed into the last episode.

Claire's decisions throughout the film were also downright ridiculous. This was a character that was cunning, controlling, and manipulative during the first two seasons, and yet throughout this season, she was whiny, needy, and irrational. She begged Frank to engage in borderline illegal nepotic act so that she could be the UN Ambassador, only to fail miserably at the position which was topped off with publicly shaming Petrov in front of his country and destroying everything Frank had worked for. Then, she comes home, campaigns a bit, and after ~30 years, only then comes to the conclusion that the marriage isn't working out, and that the problem is Frank? Please. Frank gave her every opportunity to succeed, and she failed. She wanted more and wasn't satisfied, so she walks out on her husband of 30 years, the freaking President of the United States, in the middle of a heated campaign - when, two episodes ago (~5 weeks in the timeline of the plot) she was happily campaigning with him and had just renewed her vows. It just wasn't at all believable.

The rest of the subplots were completely pointless - Russia? Never amount to anything. America Works? They built it up for 8 episodes, it collapsed, and now its gone. We didn't see Frank's reaction to Jackie. Remy just packs up and quits. The Tom subplot was incredibly boring, yet even more irrelevant was all the time wasted with the Tom-Kate dynamic - no one cares.

The entire season was nothing but filler, and one thing was made incredibly clear - Netflix wants to milk this series for as long as possible.

If the writers want to give this series its mojo back, you do one thing - have Frank kill Claire through some sort of intermediary. He knows he can't win the 2016 election without Claire by his side, but if she's dead, he'll gain massive support via sympathy votes. It will be another "card" stacked on the house, and it will reinforce Frank as a rutheless thug who only cares about one thing and one thing only - his own power.
I agreed with everything up to the last paragraph. That is the absolute WORST decision they could make, seeing as
Frank and Claire are the only damn interesting characters. Killing Claire would leave only Frank. The way they wrote Claire in this season was horrible but I don't think she should die, as she's the other half of the show.

I just really resent the writers for this season to be honest. I stopped watching halfway through and just read up on it because I wasn't feeling it at all. It's a real shame because I loved S1 + 2.

Just watched the whole season :
Over all I really liked this season, it lost a little bit of momentum towards the last 4 episodes. I really REALLY don't like claire now :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom