• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of Cards S3 |OT| Available now on Netflix! - *Spoilers for all of S3*

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

I'm 15 minutes into the first ep....
Michael Kelly's (Doug Stamper) performance so far is fucking amazing.
He was always a good actor but his character has much more depth now and I love it.

JTripper

First 2 episodes I've seen so far were great. Considering whether or not to binge it today or just watch an episode or 2 per day.

Juz

Ep 5:
Claire handled that Russian ambassador like a badass.
We'll see if the Amworks funding backfires on Frank.

Think I'm gonna call it a night and continue tomorrow.

Ep 10 overall feeling

Having the main antagonist to Frank me a Mr. Putin like guy I think hasn't worked out very well. I am surprised they didn't keep Mendoza as the main guy Frank battles with in later half of the season. The series is always strongest when it is Frank dealing with the House, Senate, US politics. It is weakest when Frank is dealing with Russia

EP5:
The monument valley thing is kind of amazing. Can't think of any other tv series that have even acknowledged gaming, and to a much lesser extent indie games. Guess Spacey couldn't exactly endorse Call of Duty anymore without breaking fiction.

phanphare

Banned
Ep. 5
holy shit it's fucking mickey doyle from boardwalk empire!!

EP5:
The monument valley thing is kind of amazing. Can't think of any other tv series that have even acknowledged gaming, and to a much lesser extent indie games. Guess Spacey couldn't exactly endorse Call of Duty anymore without breaking fiction.

"it's not a console game" made me lol

phanphare

Banned
I'm 5 episodes in
and really digging it so far. I wasn't a big fan of last season but this season addresses a lot of the complaints that I had. good start. episode 6 for now then will take a break until tomorrow.

SURGEdude

Full season feedback Ep1-13:

I have to say this season is a dip from 1 and 2, though not without some great scenes.

The Bad/Meh:
A lot of the backstories are poorly paced like with Stamper recovering or the whole America Works segments. The Russian stuff is sort of a love/hate thing by being both really silly and implausible but a ballsy attack on Putin-likes and an interesting way to expand the show beyond the usual domestic politics. Sadly the death of Rachel is so poorly built up to that it had almost no emotional impact at all. Totally counter to the death of Zoey in the past, which it was obviously aping.

The Good:
Spacy. Also the actress portraying Clair, and the actor doing Dug were very good. Dunbar's character on the other hand seemed pretty poorly played. The author was a bit of a mixed bag sometimes quite good and occasionally paper thin.

Overall:
Pretty uneven but still quite entertaining. Seemed like with a bit more time to tighten the script and coach the actors it could have been amazing. Not an 8/10 but not as low as a 7/10. Enjoyed watching but won't be rewatching it to refresh when S4 drops.

Addi

Episode 3 is gorgeous! That cinematography!
The lighting and symmetry in the dinner scene, the film noir look in the revolving stairs etc.

Episode one brought up a question for me...

If the president dies, say, one day before his term is up.... and the vice president wins reelection, can he run for a technically third term?

Also I remember my political science college class saying that the two term presidential limit was a myth for some reason, but I can't recall any of the specifics.

inm8num2

What bothered me was that it could start so quickly.
Was he just lying there, erect, waiting for someone to dive on in?

LOL yea I don't know.
It was filmed awkwardly. I guess Frank got some help with Claire getting on top of him and riding him until he got hard. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom