• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of Cards - Season 2 on Netflix - *Spoilers for all of S2*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 1.

Lol the moment she went into the metro I was totally expecting her to die but I didn't believe they were going to dare to do it. Poor Zoe :(

204:
Surprisingly human episode for this show, really liked it.

Jackie is a pretty interesting character.

The "deep web" and hacking plot is pretty dumb so far.

Zeppelin

S02E01:
Did not mind Zoe dying, but I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that Frank did it himself. It makes him seem careless and a bit too ruthless to me honestly. Oh well, I'm glad they got that out of the way early on.

Fey

Banned
Just finished the season. It was good, more consistent, I think, than the first season which kinda started to decline towards the end. But I think I enjoyed the Russo storyline more than any in this season.

E12, nothing specific just a character:
Holy shit am I sick of Rachel's subplot

Yeah (kinda overall spoilers)
I was hoping like the other season 1 storylines (Zoe, Christina, that pregnant woman and her lawsuit), her story would eventually fizz out as well. Can't stand her.

BearPawB

Banned
Episode 4:
I agree the hacker stuff is slightly silly. But that was an amazing episode for the Mrs. Underwood interview alone.

sagat2036

After finishing these season its seemed to turn into a daytime soap opera. I wanna see the collapse in what i hope is the final season 3.

Frank must have the ability to make ppl forget what he did the week before.

Kraftwerk

Just finished Season 2, enjoyed it very much,

I think I am going to watch the original BBC House of Cards. I have heard good things about it.

ivysaur12

Banned
Episode 2, the
deep web stuff is heinous. But Jackie is the best because she's ruthless, but unlike Frank, is an actual person versus someone who's more of a comic book villain. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that, but it's why Jackie's journey to being the whip is so interesting.

I think I am going to watch the original BBC House of Cards. I have heard good things about it.

It's bloody brilliant mate,
Frank Urquhart I'd argue is a heck of a lot more classier than his American counterpart

Try getting the Bluray of it for the best viewing experience, they even maintain the original 4:3 aspect ratio the show was shot in, so there isn't any pan and scan going on.

Just finished it. WHEEEEE THAT LAST EP

FULL SPOILERS FOR EVERYTHING IN SEASON 2

So Frank pulled a massive coup with the help of everyone who he's built up favors with over the deal, ousting Walker, making sure Feng is extradited, and obviously not giving a pardon to Tusk (I'm guessing on that one), but Doug failed him with Rachel, and that's going to be how the House of Cards falls, I would assume?

Also, is Doug dead? I 'm assuming yes on that one. Kind of bites; Michael Kelly is awesome.

And yeah all the Season 1 subplots kind of got wasted away, especially Christina, who got essentially off-screen peaced out. Really weird.

Either way MAN that last ep has so many giffable things; Frank tossing the letter in the fire, him slamming the desk at the end, etc etc etc

Vamphuntr

Episode 1 :
It's now simply hilariously bad that Frank can simply kill people that are dangerous to him. First it was Russo and now it's Zoe. It kinds of kill the logic and tension about everything. Why would he needs to go through all kind of deceptions if he can simply off people that are a threat to his plans. I felt it was the weakest part of S1 when he murdered Russo because it felt like the series was stepping out of its boundaries. And now it kinds of cement that thought.

LordCanti

Just finished itself myself. Kept me up all night. LordCanti have you seen the UK version?

I have not. I'll probably check it out sometime though.

FULL SPOILERS FOR EVERYTHING IN SEASON 2

but Doug failed him with Rachel, and that's going to be how the House of Cards falls, I would assume?

Also, is Doug dead? I 'm assuming yes on that one. Kind of bites; Michael Kelly is awesome.

And yeah all the Season 1 subplots kind of got wasted away, especially Christina, who got essentially off-screen peaced out. Really weird.

Spoilers for the entire season:

I think people are going to assume that the hacker killed Doug and not Rachel, since no one knew about Rachel except for the hacker (I doubt Frank was ever told where she was or anything) and he was the last one to meet with Doug. That's going to send him on a desperate search for Rachel, or send him on the run. Either way, he's cornered, and he's one of three people (Janine and Lucas being the others) that know the truth about Frank's murdering.

Honestly, this was the season where they shit on season 1's subplots from a great height. For all the promo Constance Zimmer and Kate Mara did for the show, they were barely in it. I really liked both, so I felt that was a detriment to the show. Christina was kind of central when it came to driving a wedge between Walker and his wife, but I doubt we'll ever see any repercussions from that since she's been sent away to another job. The capital PD being dirty subplot from S1 never came back around either, even though Lucas went to see the footage, he never questioned whether or not a real investigation was being done.

TCRS

Banned
first episode.
holy shit. what a start damn.

edit: people are already on episode 11? you need to pace that shit.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Spoiler free review:

A great season. I watched the entire thing in one day. Had to go for a run, cook some dinner and take a walk too in order to pull it off. Anyway, on to the review. I was thoroughly entertained.

This is the World of Warcraft of TV-series. It's so calculated with its drama and thrill that it keeps you on the edge of your seat constantly. When I realised that it was so carefully calculated it lost some of its charm and it quickly became a "guess the scandal du jour" for every episode. Not that it made me stop watching. I was still addicted. Acting is great. It felt a big more staged than the first season that felt more down to earth.

I enjoyed it a lot and now the year long wait begins for the next season.

Bladenic

I agree that (episode 1 spoiler)
Frank personally killing Zoe was wildly careless. Though I like how he quickly turned her around to make it seem like she tripped. I don't think he planned it at the time, though it's possible he did too. Not quite sure. He definitely planned on eliminating her, it seemed.

I agree that (episode 1 spoiler)
Frank personally killing Zoe was wildly careless. Though I like how he quickly turned her around to make it seem like she tripped. I don't think he planned it at the time, though it's possible he did too. Not quite sure. He definitely planned on eliminating her, it seemed.

Ep 1
If he didn't plan it, it's the luckiest thing of all time. Camera positioned so that he would never be seen even when he turned and walked out of the subway and turning her around so that it looks like she jumped or tripped forward from the angle of the camera. Given that, I'm assuming he planned it just cause it would be insane luck if he didn't.

jtb

Banned
Ep 1
If he didn't plan it, it's the luckiest thing of all time. Camera positioned so that he would never be seen even when he turned and walked out of the subway and turning her around so that it looks like she jumped or tripped forward from the angle of the camera. Given that, I'm assuming he planned it just cause it would be insane luck if he didn't.

I think we'll just have to put it in the same category as (ep1)
killing Russo: regardless of how much or little it was planned, it's still absurdly risky but I guess Frank can just kill whoever he wants since the police chief is under Frank's thumb like everyone else, I guess

ivysaur12

Banned
I think he
planned it, or else he wouldn't have asked Zoe to delete all her messages right there. He at least knew it was a possibility.

ALSO, it just dawned on me why Claire was asking a fertility doctor about medications. She was never trying to have a baby. She was using it against Gillian. Wow. That went right over my head.

Episode 1

jtb

Banned
I think he
planned it, or else he wouldn't have asked Zoe to delete all her messages right there. He at least knew it was a possibility.

ALSO, it just dawned on me why Claire was asking a fertility doctor about medications. She was never trying to have a baby. She was using it against Gillian. Wow. That went right over my head.

Episode 1

That completely went over my head, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom