• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of Cards - Season 2 on Netflix - *Spoilers for all of S2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Also, question about episode 4. Not really spoilers, but I'll tag just in case.

What else has the guy playing the hacker been in? He looks very familiar, and I don't particularly care for him. I feel like I've definitely seen him in something else though.

He had a small but important role in Fincher's Zodiac, which I assume contributed to him coming aboard here. Jimmi Simpson's great, I'm always happy to see him.

linsivvi

Why on earth would you do this? Just watch S1.

edit: May have misunderstood. Netflix has a previously on video running prior to S2 if you need a refresher.

Yeah it also took me a while to remember the names they mentioned in the first conversation. It's been a while.

wapplew

Mcpoyles.jpg

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

He also play a hacker in White house down, almost similar PC setup.

I'm on episode 7 or 8 right now and while I'm enjoying it, I'm not nearly as enthralled in it as I was Season 1. Francis' behavior has just become very predictable. Do whatever is counter-intuitive in order to create chaos and confusion. Hopefully we get to see some results soon this season.

Diablos

Okay seriously, not even done with the first ep (10 mins left) and
WHAT THE FUCK HE KILLED ZOE, NEXT TO HIM SHE'S THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTER BUT THEY ACTUALLY KILLED HER OFF? WHAT? SHE DIDN'T EVEN LAST FULLY INTO THE FIRST EP? NO NO NO. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED. UNDERWOOD IS EVIL. I did not believe my eyes at first. I had to rewind and watch it again. Holy shit.

Geez... the writing in this show... and the risks they take... truly amazing. However what just transpired... I dunno, I hope it was a risk worth taking. Because in light of how this particular... aspect... played a huge part last season, that was a really crazy thing they did.

I cannot recall the last time I was watching something and the rug was just completely pulled from underneath like that. I had no fucking idea. NONE.

I just... wow, I can't even fully find the words. O_O

teh_rhn

Banned
Episode 11 : Sex related
What the fuck was with that threesome with Meechum? I'm so fucking confused. Do they see him as some sort of son/only person they will ever be close to? Shit was weird yo.

Episode 13 : Not sex related
President fucking Underwood. That ending was awesome with him knocking his ring on the table. He only did that once before(that I can recall) at Freddie's apartment. But freddie is gone, that sucks.

Also, question about episode 4. Not really spoilers, but I'll tag just in case.

What else has the guy playing the hacker been in? He looks very familiar, and I don't particularly care for him. I feel like I've definitely seen him in something else though.

Breakout-Kings-Erica-s-Chair-Back-2.jpg

His methods for not getting raped in prison are some of the most hilarious shit on tv.

Gruco

Banned
\
Ha, as I kept writing, it just kept getting more negative, but I think I just wanted to vent some frustrations.

I'm totally with you. Finished yesterday too, and I don't entirely even know why. I basically spent half the time yelling at my monitor about how stupid everything was.

Like you said, maybe the problem is in expecting a serious show out of this instead of embracing the camp and melodrama. It's frustrating because I really love the idea of Netlfix getting into high brow original productions and want them to succeed.

kr2t0s

Sorry for the vague question, but I'll spoiler it just in case:

I'm way past this episode but something has been bothering me. Some woman walks in with a jacket / hood into a tattoo parlor and gets her tattoo worked on. For the life of me I can't seem to place who that character was?

jtb

Banned
Sorry for the vague question, but I'll spoiler it just in case:

I'm way past this episode but something has been bothering me. Some woman walks in with a jacket / hood into a tattoo parlor and gets her tattoo worked on. For the life of me I can't seem to place who that character was?

Jackie

Sydle

Great season!

Maybe I missed it, but what happened with Janine after the Feds visited her mother's house?

Episode 11:
I thought they had a thing for Meechum, but I didn't think they'd act on it together. He's hot and my jaw dropped when he locked lips with Frank.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Episode 13 : Not sex related
President fucking Underwood. That ending was awesome with him knocking his ring on the table. He only did that once before(that I can recall) at Freddie's apartment. But freddie is gone, that sucks.

It's kinda his thing. He did that a lot in season 1.
Not as much in season 2 but that's because he buried his ring in SC. Which admittedly I don't really understand the point behind. It was a fantastic final scene though really enjoyed that shot.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He had a small but important role in Fincher's Zodiac, which I assume contributed to him coming aboard here. Jimmi Simpson's great, I'm always happy to see him.
He was in that Prison Break spinoff about a group of criminals tracking down other criminals. I forgot what it was called though.

Draconian

WOW. It's the guy from the opening scene! I knew he looked familiar. I've watched Zodiac a bunch lately and still never would've made that connection. I may have seen him on It's Always Sunny too. I need to get back to that show now that I think about it.

RoKKeR

Episode 13:
GOD DAMN! Awesome ending with the *knock knock*. I suppose we all saw it coming but seeing it finally happen was pretty neat. Season 3 is the downfall, then? :p

kirblar

Episode 13:
GOD DAMN! Awesome ending with the *knock knock*. I suppose we all saw it coming but seeing it finally happen was pretty neat. Season 3 is the downfall, then? :p
S3 spec based on S2 spoilers:
Yeah, I don't see how they get a 4th season out of this without getting it obnoxiously long.

Does anyone have a decent overview video for series one? Watched the first episode of the new series and already slight confused on who is from the previous series and how the story was left.
I've had a look around and can't find any good videos giving a good recap.

Thanks

Edit. Found this page which helped, but was looking for a video.

If anyone else is interested, I found this video which gives a decent overview of the first series.

Jrmint

Ep 11
Was I the only one who thought they were gonna kill Meechum, instead of sleeping with him? Flying too close to the sun and all.

Exis

Finished it, here is some future speculation.

It fell apart near the end, but overall was enjoyable. I think they will do the presidency next season and have Frank in election season in S4.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I don't think the (complete season spoiler)
hacker plot
was as bad as people are making out to be.
At least it uses real lingo (TOR and VPNs) and issues (privacy invasion and government surveillance). I'm still not quite sure how it worked in at the end.
It could have been done better, but I don't think it was terrible.

I can understand better now why some people think it falls apart at the end. There's way more build up than actual events. Sometimes motivations for actions are not clear.
Why did Walker relinquish his pardon for Tusk? Why did Tusk testify against Walker? Was he doomed for jail no matter how he testified? How was Walker not mad at Frank at the end? Was he more persuaded by his conscious and empty actions than what really happened?
I'm definitely re-watching season one and two before three comes out.

I can understand better now why some people think it falls apart at the end. There's way more build up than actual events. Sometimes motivations for actions are not clear.
Why did Walker relinquish his pardon for Tusk? Why did Tusk testify against Walker? Was he doomed for jail no matter how he testified? How was Walker not mad at Frank at the end? Was he more persuaded by his conscious and empty actions than what really happened?
I'm definitely re-watching season one and two before three comes out.
He felt more loyal to Frank, remember he didn't really know anything about the laundering

Tusk testified because Frank was gonna be pres and would work better than a ineffective Walker (his first act as president was to fix china, just like he told Tusk he would)

And yup the letter worked

Vamphuntr

EP10
The scene in the garden between the bodyguard and the Underwoods was awkward. The Tusk story line is really dragging out now.

jtb

Banned
my biggest problem for the end: (all s2 spoilers)

the actual impeachable offenses (the dirty money, the counseling, the drugs, etc.) were all Walker's choices. none of that was set into place by Frank. so really, it just makes Walker look even more weak and idiotic than he already did and yet again, Frank really just lucks into being opportunistic once again. this series really needed a good villain to stand toe to toe with Frank and Walker clearly wasn't that and frankly Tusk wasn't really particularly engaging this season either.

Would love to see Jackie and Frank face off against one another in a real bloody, epic struggle of president vs. congress. that would be fun. I just want more Jackie!

KHarvey16

my biggest problem for the end: (all s2 spoilers)

the actual impeachable offenses (the dirty money, the counseling, the drugs, etc.) were all Walker's choices. none of that was set into place by Frank. so really, it just makes Walker look even more weak and idiotic than he already did and yet again, Frank really just lucks into being opportunistic once again. this series really needed a good villain to stand toe to toe with Frank and Walker clearly wasn't that and frankly Tusk wasn't really particularly engaging this season either.

Would love to see Jackie and Frank face off against one another in a real bloody, epic struggle of president vs. congress. that would be fun. I just want more Jackie!

I can't agree with that.
The marital problems Walker was having were exacerbated by Claire very, very deliberately. Then it was suggested they go to counseling...by Claire. Then Frank even says to us that Walker should be concerned about the visits showing up in the logs before he turns them over but lies to Walker about the very same thing. Of course all of this was driven by the Underwoods!

inm8num2

Watching episode 11. I await the skullfuckery of whatever is to come in this episode, as various comments have suggested.

Speculation for S3 based on all of Season 2
Really wondering where the Rachel thing is going also gonna miss Doug as I liked his character this season. She's gonna be found by someone.
Also what's gonna happen with the hacker, they could spin that to some kind of snowden storyline that frustrates the president

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Did anyone else really hate what happened with Jackie throughout the season?
She goes from this strong, female candidate puppet of Frank, to a slightly more independent hookup of Remy, than back to a puppet of Frank. I'm also not sure why she wanted to block Claire's Bill.

Speculation for S3 based on all of Season 2
Really wondering where the Rachel thing is going also gonna miss Doug as I liked his character this season. She's gonna be found by someone.
Also what's gonna happen with the hacker, they could spin that to some kind of snowden storyline that frustrates the president

Is Doug dead? I thought he was coming around when the helicopter passed overhead.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
EPISODE 11. D:

I was literally about to make a joke about
Meechum and the Underwoods having a threesome AND THEN IT FUCKING HAPPENED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom