• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of Cards - Season 2 on Netflix - *Spoilers for all of S2*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is it :(
It's up.

D4lIkxd.gif

Quick reminder on the spoiler rules:
Regarding spoilers, since all of the episodes will be up immediately for streaming, we're in something of a gray area. After some discussion, we decided that all discussion will be tagged and labeled for the first two weeks (until March 1st) while people are initially watching the series, and then after that we'll go to full discussion of everything without tags. Please spoiler tag any discussion and label which episode you're talking about outside of the tags: e.g. Ep 3:
I can't believe Kevin Spacey killed another hooker.
Have fun and enjoy the show.

LordCanti

Huge Episode 1 spoilers. Seriously. Don't do it.

Holy shitttttttttttttt. There goes all future potential nude sceeeeenes. I mean, dear lord what has he done to my favorite character?!

Draconian

Holy crap I love this show.

Episode 1 spoilers:

Holy crap at that Zoe death scene. Came completely out of nowhere for me, but it made sense in hindsight after she deleted her phone history. Stamper and Claire are as ruthless as ever too. Frank's monologue at the end was absolutely perfect. Kevin Spacey is so, so perfect for this show. Props to David Fincher for reading the script of the pilot and immediately wanting him to play the part.

episode one
kate mara no why couldn't it have been the bradley cooper lookalike instead. jesus christ this show. I was going to watch at least a couple but I need some time (probably like an hour max, let's be real) to forgive the show for that. hopefully she has a twin sister we've never heard of before.

iiicon

Episode 1/BBC original series 1 spoilers:

Wow, that was ruthless and caught me completely off-guard. I thought they'd decided against killing off Zoe Barnes because Kate Mara proved more than competent in her role - guess not. That aside at the end was perfect, too. I hadn't even noticed Underwood's lack of asides this episode until he looked into the mirror and locked eyes with me.

What an opening.

sephi22

WAT. WAT.
WAAAAAAAT.

HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT

Holy shit I almost thought that was a dream sequence at first

Draconian

WAT. WAT.
WAAAAAAAT.

HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT

Holy shit I almost thought that was a dream sequence at first

Haha me too! I was ready for them to
cut to a shot of Kevin Spacey like he was imagining that in his head. I was expecting Zoe to be a big part of this season, and right now it looks like Janine and Lucas aren't going to be much of a threat, at least not anytime soon.

Unfortunately, I have to get up in the morning, otherwise I'd be watching this all night. I have to decide whether I wanna watch this as quickly as possible or try to watch them all at night, which for me makes the show more atmospheric and gets me into it even more. Anyway, it was a great first episode.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Episode 1 spoilerish:
Frank is going to straight up put a bullet in the President's head by the end of this show isn't he? Dude gives no fucks.

sephi22

That ending shot was perfect

It felt like
the creators giving a 'FU' to the audience, both figuratively (Subway scene) and literally (cufflinks). Amazing.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
So if I'm getting this right,
he's choice of how to kill Zoe came from his discussion with Freddie?

Ep1:
HOLY CRAP. THEY DID IT. I thought that's how the season might end...but episode 1. And not even at the end. So sudden, so awesome. Just out of nowhere. Wow.

That ending shot was perfect

It felt like
the creators giving a 'FU' to the audience, both figuratively (Subway scene) and literally (cufflinks). Amazing.

I haven't seen the original but I'm almost expecting this show to end in some Funny Games style "you guys are assholes for watching this" scene.

Episode 1.

Oh my god. Oh my actual god. I thought it was a fantasy sequence at once. I expected them to snap back to Underwood at any moment, because there's NO WAY THAT JUST HAPPENED. I'm very curious, yet simultaneously a little worried this show might be spiraling into Scandal territory with how vicious Underwood has become. This wasn't like Russo. That was a safe culmination of a plan, the stars aligning for a singular opportunistic moment upon which he could capitalize. I don't know if this was the same. The timing of her suspicions being aired, and the train coming is too perfect to have been genuinely planned. It's a spontaneity I really didn't expect in the character, and I'm slightly afraid this will be a shark-jumping moment. But I have confidence that this show can convince me otherwise.

And on another note, props to Netflix for a seamless rollout. This had to be their highest anticipated debut ever (maybe moreso than Arrested Development), and I didn't see a second that traffic reflected in my experience.

Episode 1.

Oh my god. Oh my actual god. I thought it was a fantasy sequence at once. I expected them to snap back to Underwood at any moment, because there's NO WAY THAT JUST HAPPENED. I'm very curious, yet simultaneously a little worried this show might be spiraling into Scandal territory with how vicious Underwood has become. This wasn't like Russo. That was a safe culmination of a plan, the stars aligning for a singular opportunistic moment upon which he could capitalize. I don't know if this was the same. The timing of her suspicions being aired, and the train coming is too perfect to have been genuinely planned. It's a spontaneity I really didn't expect in the character, and I'm slightly afraid this will be a shark-jumping moment. But I have confidence that this show can convince me otherwise.

And on another note, props to Netflix for a seamless rollout. This had to be their highest anticipated debut ever (maybe moreso than Arrested Development), and I didn't see a second that traffic reflected in my experience.

Ep 1:
I think that's up to speculation. On one hand it seemed spontaneous, he didn't expect Zoe to connect Russo's murder to him. On the other hand he might have chosen that spot and time for the specific reason to do something like this.

But the "Jesus" seemed more like a, Jesus she has figured it out already.

And that awesome monologue at the end. Love the 4th wall stuff. And the FU cufflinks! omg

I don't care what reviewers say, I love this shit. Keven Spacey is just too fucking brilliant.

LordCanti

Episode 2:

Whereupon
knowledge of how computers work makes your brain hurt. Of course there are records. He's the editor of a major newspaper and he's never realized that?

Also...and this isn't a spoiler...

Sony, stahhhhppppp. STAHHHHHPPPPPPP.

GQman2121

Banned
That ending was perfect. Welcome back indeed...

That was so totally my metro station (Charles St. Station) in Baltimore too. And that pig conversation was very well done.

isual

i'm thinking
this is how frank takes down the president.
on epi 3 right now.

my theory
it'll be like a monica lewinski spin, and the president has a affair with christina; the girlfriend of that congressman who dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom