• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

Monocle

I listened to this podcast for the first time yesterday while doing some housework. Got through several episodes. Great stuff. From now on this will be one of my go-to podcasts, joining Hardcore History, The Savage Lovecast, and the H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast.

Thanks for another good recommendation, GAF.

Listening now. Would love to be able to go Thursday but :( ...

I feel like I haven't listened in a while, but I wasn't much into Joyful Noise, didn't want F&F6 spoilers (strangely), but did listen to After Earth.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Listening now. Would love to be able to go Thursday but :( ...

I feel like I haven't listened in a while, but I wasn't much into Joyful Noise, didn't want F&F6 spoilers (strangely), but did listen to After Earth.

Yeah, I feel the same way lol. Haven't listened to the past two episodes (not Howard). Looking forward the Howard episode.

I wish I could go Thursday. :(

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just finished listening to the episode...freaking amazing. Loved June's theory that the ducks will eventually evolve into humans lol.

This exchange had me dying:

Paul: Yes, what is your question?
Woman: I have an explanation.
Paul: Oh, great, what is it?
Woman: No, no, I wanted an explanation.
Paul: Not so great.
Jason: So you have an explanation hope. Also known as a question.

This episode is great. I wish they would just do them all live. Don't think there is a live episode that I haven't liked.

She has grown on me a lot. Dare I say, my favorite one of the bunch. June's theories are insanely good.

Her and Jason are perfect together. Jason could work without June, but I feel June's theories wouldn't really work without Jason's reactions to them. But the theories and sidetracks are easily some of the best moments.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Her and Jason are perfect together. Jason could work without June, but I feel June's theories wouldn't really work without Jason's reactions to them. But the theories and sidetracks are easily some of the best moments.

You could tell that Jason loves hearing them. They all have great chemistry together.

Also, all questions on the show should now be called explanation hopes.

I'm calling it that from now on lol.

Yesssssss

demolition_man.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I don't believe I have seen demo man in its entirely, just bits and pieces. My dad loved the movie when I was growing up. Reason I remember it.

Started watching Demolition Man last night. Such a great/corny movie. And I dont know if its because I'm older/wiser or because I'm watching it with a critical eye wondering what the HDTGM crew will talk about - but there are so many great little tidbits in this movie to pick on. The Lethal Weapon poster, the fact that the movie is set 40 years in the future (from when it was released) but society/dress/technology is so changed that it seems more like 100+ years in the future, Rob Schneider, most of the police force seems "on the spectrum", the computer UIs are ridiculously cumbersome and full of unnecessary graphics, Rob Schneider, etc.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Haven't finished it yet, but this is a great episode.

Edit- Lol June has a theory for everything. Came up with a theory for the Asian racist moment.

Paul F. Tompkins, Kristen Schaal, Wyatt Cenac. They've been killing it with the guests.

I think Paul said this was a double-feature show when they recorded Demolition Man. Guess Over the Top is in two weeks?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Paul F. Tompkins, Kristen Schaal, Wyatt Cenac. They've been killing it with the guests.

I think Paul said this was a double-feature show when they recorded Demolition Man. Guess Over the Top is in two weeks?

Yeah, the guests have been amazing the past few episodes.

Hopefully next week. Never heard of the movie, but it looks amazing lol.

I might have to rent it on Amazon. Where did you see it at?

Sorry I didnt answer your explanation hope sooner - I borrowed it from a friend. DLed the episode but haven't listened to it yet. Hoping to get to it later this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

The audience was crap this episode.

What was up with the chick that yelled "Yes" every single time they pointed something out. "There was an asian person in this scene" "YES!!" "..and ther was no racism."

I heard that yes too many times.

Edit: Loved the shout out to explanation hopes.

What was up with the chick that yelled "Yes" every single time they pointed something out. "There was an asian person in this scene" "YES!!" "..and ther was no racism."

I heard that yes too many times.

Edit: Loved the shout out to explanation hopes.

Yes! I started to focus on that woman.

There was also a time where someone yelled something at June and Jason said, "hey, be cool" and it wasn't in a joking manner.

It will be that much easier to see the youth drain from Matthew Broderick.

I remember they brought that up in their discussion. In Godzilla he still looked like Ferris Bueller and then immediately after it he started to look old.

I kinda liked Godzilla. It was fun and hokey in a very 90s sorta way.

I remember they brought that up in their discussion. In Godzilla he still looked like Ferris Bueller and then immediately after it he started to look old.

I kinda liked Godzilla. It was fun and hokey in a very 90s sorta way.

Right, one of those episode moments where I was like, "I was thinking that!"

Always fun when they say something you picked up on yourself.

And Wyatt Cenac was clearly taken aback by some of the reactions in the room. Audience was weird.

Ya, I thought that too. I liked that guy, first time I've heard of him.

Ya, I thought that too. I liked that guy, first time I've heard of him.

He's been my favorite Daily Show correpsondent of the last 5 years or so. He was so brilliant and deadpan in interviews. A lot of times the interviewees didn't realize he was being sarcastic or making fun of them. Unfortunately he just left the show a few months ago.

Top Bottom