• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
This. With only hour episodes I want more than one every other week. I don't bother listening to the mid episodes.

Its kinda hard for them since Paul and June have other projects going on at the same time. And Jason is too busy being awesome at times.

Its kinda hard for them since Paul and June have other projects going on at the same time. And Jason is too busy being awesome at times.

Just have June tag along on the set of The League and they just record it with the whole cast.

But really I understand. I just want more, I'm a selfish consumer.

I didn't even know he had a podcast. What's the name of it?

I'm at work so can't check properly but I think it's called "smartest man in the world" or something like that. Once a month he will review a film. Seriously though, just the intro to the point break episode is worth it.

I saw Pacific Rim and loved it, but I couldn't help thinking the entire time that it would be a perfect movie for the podcast. There's just enough craziness/dumbness to fit and there is pleanty for June to theorize over.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm at work so can't check properly but I think it's called "smartest man in the world" or something like that. Once a month he will review a film. Seriously though, just the intro to the point break episode is worth it.

Sweet. Downloaded a few of the recent ones and the movie one (Dog Day Afternoon). Will give it a listen. Thanks.

Wow, Sharknado was a huge pile of shit. :lol It was pretty laughable though, so I guess that's something. Will listen to the episode sometime today.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Jason was recently a guest(one of many) on the live episode of "You Made It Weird" with Pete Holmes. He was pretty funny on it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I just remembered a funny moment from the Howard the Duck episode and started laughing out loud. :p

June: "And then he starts speaking in a Russian accent."
Jason: "That categorically did not happen."

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
This episode more than ever makes me wish they would record the session once in awhile. I would have loved to seen June explaining the tornado (or any theory) science. And I'm glad this movie aired when it did, because the episode on Alex Cross or whatever the heck it is called sounds boring.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
This episode more than ever makes me wish they would record the session once in awhile. I would have loved to seen June explaining the tornado (or any theory) science. And I'm glad this movie aired when it did, because the episode on Alex Cross or whatever the heck it is called sounds boring.
I kinda want to hear them rip into Tyler Perry trying to be serious actor.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
As they said, Temptation probably would have been a better choice where the main character
is punished for her adultery with HIV.

Relistening to Barb Wire. Some good lines ...

She's a stone cold dum dum

I wanna changer her like a baby ... after she made a messy BM

(both Jason)

totowhoa

Banned
Aw damn.. I'm never in too much of a rush to listen to the mini-eps. Just realized what I'd been missing out on yesterday afternoon! I was a little bummed that I wouldn't get to check out Sharknado, so it was great to hear them do an episode on it.

Hoping I find this on HBO or Cinemax or something. I don't feel like shelling out $3.

I'm kind of hoping Daylight is a future episode. That movie was incredibly cheesy.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Hoping I find this on HBO or Cinemax or something. I don't feel like shelling out $3.

I'm kind of hoping Daylight is a future episode. That movie was incredibly cheesy.

Do you have Netflix?

For anyone that has Netflix, sign up for a week trial at Unblock and switch the region to Sweden. They have the movie.

Somewhat related to Over the Top: There's a great documentary on Netflix called Pulling John which is about this guy that has dominated pro arm wrestling since the 80s and won the actual over the top tournament .. he even makes a brief cameo in the Over the Top movie.

Listening to Comedy Bang Bang episode 200 with Jason Mantzoukas. This episode is hilarious. Jason interacting with Cactus Tony is great.

Really sorry for the triple post (they are on different days!) but I feel its a crime if I dont sing the gospel of the Jason Mantzoukas & Andy Daly episodes of Comedy Bang Bang. I've been going through them all and I honestly dont remember laughing this hard and prolonged for a long time. The jist is Jason is intereviewed for about 10 minutes and then Andy Daly interrupts him in character and then that character is interviewed for the remainder of the show by Scott and Jason. I believe the whole thing is improvised as well. So you'll have Scott and Jason asking Daly questions to trip him up and make him laugh. Its really great though because Jason is so friggin funny and quick. I think anyone who likes Jason on HDTGM will want to hear this.

The episodes that I can confirm are hysterical are 74, 131, and 200.

oatmeal

Banned
I listen to the archive while I work out.

I loved the Street Fighter one. When June asks what a Street Fighter is and Jason shrieks like a girl for a solid minute. I died.

Really sorry for the triple post (they are on different days!) but I feel its a crime if I dont sing the gospel of the Jason Mantzoukas & Andy Daly episodes of Comedy Bang Bang. I've been going through them all and I honestly dont remember laughing this hard and prolonged for a long time. The jist is Jason is intereviewed for about 10 minutes and then Andy Daly interrupts him in character and then that character is interviewed for the remainder of the show by Scott and Jason. I believe the whole thing is improvised as well. So you'll have Scott and Jason asking Daly questions to trip him up and make him laugh. Its really great though because Jason is so friggin funny and quick. I think anyone who likes Jason on HDTGM will want to hear this.

There's video of one of those episodes on YouTube. Pretty awesome to watch the three of them try to keep their composure. Andy is a real talent. Wish he would hit it big.

There's video of one of those episodes on YouTube. Pretty awesome to watch the three of them keep their composure. Andy is a real talent. Wish he would hit it big.

Yeah I googled him and was amazed when I found out who he was. He always plays stick in the mud types guys so I always just assumed he kinda was .. even though I know he's just acting.

Clevinger

Whats his album? Does he do characters like on Comedy Bang Bang or is it stand up?

He does characters live in front of an audience. It's called Nine Sweaters. It's great, check it out.

Though, I haven't listened to it since around it came out so possibly it hasn't aged well. POSSIBLY.

He does characters live in front of an audience. It's called Nine Sweaters. It's great, check it out.

Though, I haven't listened to it since around it came out so possibly it hasn't aged well. POSSIBLY.

I'm enjoying the one thread that runs through all his characters - they all seem to be satan worshippers for no apparent reason. lol

I'll try to listen to CBB....again. I've tried so many times and just haven't been able to get into it. I'll give this episode a shot.

3rdman

I'm slowly going through the various episodes and thus far my favorite has to be Superman III. The podcast is broken into two parts...the first is about the movie but the second part is basically an interview.

They interview the actor that plays the tall, mute brute from Superman 2. That is one interesting guy and he's got some great stories to tell.

As an aside, something I never knew until listening to this episode, was the back story on the director switch...I had no idea and I grew up with that movie...very interesting.

dewdrop

Banned
Naw man best episode by far is the one they get the lady what directed Punisher Warzone on. The most fascinating thing.

Punisher War Zone was great, but my favorite has to be the Fast Five episode. Furious Six episode was a major letdown in comparison.

Top Bottom