• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

I was with this podcast until they did devils advocate which i loved and it got good reviews on imdb and rottentomatoes yet they made it sound like it got 2/10 all around, then I realised they can do it for good movies too rather than genuine bad movies. Did it get better after that ?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I was with this podcast until they did devils advocate which i loved and it got good reviews on imdb and rottentomatoes yet they made it sound like it got 2/10 all around, then I realised they can do it for good movies too rather than genuine bad movies. Did it get better after that ?

They also feature movies that are loved and/or were genuinely good/great. Yeah one of the points to this podcast is talking about bad movies, but second to that it's the ridiculously plots/characters/scenes/etc. And sometimes the good movies have that as well. I think D. Advocate is a great movie, doesn't take away from Reeves changing accents, Al Pacino being himself, etc. :)

They did Fast 5(and 6). Loved the movie. I thought it was downright amazing. But the plot is over the top. Its all in good fun at the end of the day.

The podcast has been great consistently. Listen to From Justin to Kelly, Street Fighter and Howard the Duck. All amazing.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I think you're taking this podcast too seriously.

I hated the live shows, but the Howard The Duck audience was amazing. The DM audience was poor.

That's weird to me as this is probably the first live show where I wasn't really feeling the audience. I love pretty much every live episode, in most part due to the audience and how the guys play off them.

"I barfed out of my weiner!" lol

I never thought that before that Sandra Bullock's character might have been Stallone's daughter. Thats a game changer if true.

AColdDay

Hey. I was in the one for Superman III. :(

Well, to me the chemistry feels different when they are in front of an audience. Which is fine when the audience really brings it, but if the audience is a crowd of normal people then I would prefer a regular show. It is also possible that I'm getting more accustomed to the live shows.

For the record, I don't remember the audience for Superman III being bad. In fact, I'm sure that everyone but you was terrible and you just raised the average by being there :)

The Superman III audience was fine - it was that tall guy that was the guest that sucked. His stories sounded like bullshit and he monopolized a lot of the talking. Plus I think he was really annoyed by (or just didn't get) Jason's humor.

uh-oh :lol

QBEm6kq.png

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
No problem, happy to answer explanation hopes when I can.

I'm glad this movie will be available to so many people.

Explanation hopes for all.

I just checked, they aren't showing it again over the weekend. And it is at 1am. I don't know if I want to stay up for it. Also I have to wake up early tomorrow. Plus I'm sleep deprived. The things I do for this podcast.

Edit- Lol fucking a, just saw the sneak peek on syfy's site. I think I'm staying up for this.

Explanation hopes for all.

I just checked, they aren't showing it again over the weekend. And it is at 1am. I don't know if I want to stay up for it. Also I have to wake up early tomorrow. Plus I'm sleep deprived. The things I do for this podcast.

I'm pretty sure SYFY's movies usually go up on Netflix, but I have no clue how fast. Most likely not fast enough though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Sharknado is airing again this coming Thursday at (I think) 7 or 8pm.

So I got really curious and went back to see who was winning, Stallone or Cage, and it ended up turning to a bad movie celebrity scoreboard:

Stallone 5: Over the Top, Demolition Man, Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, Cobra, Judge Dredd

Cage 4: The Wicker Man, Drive Angry, Season of the Witch, Trespass

Statham 3: In the Name of the King, Crank 1, 2,

Pacino 3: The Devil's Advocate, 88 Minutes, Gigli

Lautner 3: Abduction, Twilight Breaking Dawn Pt 1, PT2,

Lohan 2: Liz and Dick, I Know Who Killed Me

Jennifer Lopez 3: Anaconda , The Back-Up Plan, Gigli

Bullock 3: Demolition Man, Speed 2, All About Steve

Travolta 2: Battlefield Earth, Old Dogs

Affleck 2: Reindeer Games, Gigli

Smith 2: After Earth, Wild Wild West

Schwarzenegger 2: Batman & Robin, Jingle All the Way

Over the Top will put Stallone in the lead.

I was going through the upcoming HBO HD channel listings for this week and saw a great movie for the HDTGM treatment - Congo. Its corny but fun. Definitely a lot in it worth making fun of - ie what in the hell is Tim Curry's accent supposed to be?

Congo even has some good 5 star reviews ..

Amazon Reviewer said:
In the tradition of "Gone with the Wind," "Casablanca" and "Lawrence of Arabia," director Frank Marshall gives us the greatest Hollywood epic of our time, "Congo." The film is a cinematic triumph; storytelling at its best.

What sets "Congo" apart from other adventure movies is the gorgeous African backdrop, a fantastic soundtrack and, without a doubt, the most talented cast ever assembled for a motion picture.

Such performances enliven an already entertaining storyline filled with danger, intrigue, deception and enormous hippos. Watching "Congo" is a tremendously gratifying experience; it is one of the greatest movies of all time and whoever chooses to sit and watch it will be greatly rewarded with a well-crafted tale. As Curry's Homolka might put it, it is a movie "of incredible bounty."

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Hmm do I really wanna waste more of my life to watch that before I listen? Ehh .. no I don't think I do.

(unless the fine folks of this thread convince me otherwise)

I heard its crazy so watch before listen. Its gonna be on on Thursday at 7pm est.

Still have to watch it. For some reason I thought it was up next week not this week.

Yeah same here. Looking forward to the madness.

Enjoyed the DM episode. Jason makes me laugh, especially when he's getting June to explain one of her wild theories.

Anybody listen to Greg Proops podcast? His Point Break and Roadhouse episodes are fucking amazing.

Top Bottom