• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just watched Over the Top....another Stallone classic. That theme song is cheesy as fuck.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Speaking of Sharknado:

Tara Reid's days of hunting airborne rope-climbing freeway-dwelling sharks are OVER -- 'cause we know producers are drawing up their cast wish list for the "Sharknado" sequel ... and she ain't on it.

She will be missed. The Tara bashing was too funny.

Also:

OUXTxsN.png

"He's presenting like a fuckin Bonobo gorilla!"

Jason and June laughing hysterically at the jack-o-lantern cookie jar gets me every time.

I like to think that the image is your pc background. The best Stallone ones were Demo man and Judge D.

Listened to the Judge Dredd episode on Sunday. Two words - pasta robot.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Xbox app used to have like an MST3K style interface for that. Did they get rid of it?

No idea. I sold my 360 awhile back. But I know what you are talking about. Netflix really needs to add a social aspect (not fb) to their site/viewing.

Every second Tuesday is like Christmas.

I get really happy when it's downloading in the morning and I can't wait to listen to it while I'm at work. Every other Tuesday can never come fast enough. It's the only podcast that I keep all of the episodes on my iPod at all times.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I get really happy when it's downloading in the morning and I can't wait to listen to it while I'm at work. Every other Tuesday can never come fast enough. It's the only podcast that I keep all of the episodes on my iPod at all times.

It's the only podcast on my podcast app, set to auto-download. I usually listen to it on my commute to school. Which tends to be the length of the podcast episode. But of course, it makes me a sad panda on the way home.

I wonder which of us is close to or about to finish listening to all the episodes. My money would go on Makler.

"I always wanted to be a milkshake"

uh wut

I might be completely on my own for this one, but the movie felt more like a love story between a couple than a father/son relationship. Got some weird vibes.

Also, did anyone else notice people call Sly "Hawk" and "Hawkes"? Happens a bunch, drove me nuts.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
God this kid cries a lot.

It gets worst at the end.

"I always wanted to be a milkshake"

uh wut

I might be completely on my own for this one, but the movie felt more like a love story between a couple than a father/son relationship. Got some weird vibes.

Also, did anyone else notice people call Sly "Hawk" and "Hawkes"? Happens a bunch, drove me nuts.

When you are done:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. Especially in the diner when sly tells the kid to arm wrestle the other kid. Whispering in his ear and whatnot. There was another moment in the movie too where I got the same vibe.

It gets worst at the end.

When you are done:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. Especially in the diner when sly tells the kid to arm wrestle the other kid. Whispering in his ear and whatnot. There was another moment in the movie too where I got the same vibe.

Ya, that scene for sure. Also when the kid has to choose, it's just so weird. And him getting to Vegas on his own. Jumping out of his bedroom window. Felt like that character was Sly's love interest at one point and then they changed it. HDTGM has changed the way I watch these awful movies, lol

Edit: By the way, was that a double elimination competition? They said it about five times, but I still wasn't clear on that ;)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I love the
random ass docu-drama talking head bites during the tournament.
wtf lol

That was amazing lol. So random.

Ya, that scene for sure. Also when the kid has to choose, it's just so weird. And him getting to Vegas on his own. Jumping out of his bedroom window. Felt like that character was Sly's love interest at one point and then they changed it. HDTGM has changed the way I watch these awful movies, lol

Not only that, but stealing a car and driving all the way to the airport. Mind you, this kid has only had one driving lesson in his life. Even more crazy is his reckless driving didnt get him pulled over. Is able to find his way to the airport. Sneak past security and onto a planes luggage compartment (?), then somehow he has money to take a cab to get to Vegas tournament.

Not to mention the grandfather pays someone to kidnap his grandson. And my favorite scene, Sly rams into the car that has his son in it, in order to stop it.

June and Jason are going to have a field day with this one.

Edit: By the way, was that a double elimination competition? They said it about five times, but I still wasn't clear on that ;)

YOU HAVE TO LOSE TWICE TO FACE ELIMINATION OTHERWISE IF YOU LOSE ONCE YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T CATCH THAT THE FIRST EIGHT TIMES.

I caught another Stallone vehicle perfect for the podcast: Daylight. It's not even horrible, just really schlocky and has all the ingredients of archetypes in a survival situation: convicts with hearts, aggressively coward family man, love interest, that one douche bag that doesn't listen to the hero, and the heroic security guard/black guy who dies heroically.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You know what I also love?

The move that Sky busts out when he is about to lose. I can hear Jason now: "Hey dumb dildo, just do that from the beginning and you wouldn't have to get your manly sweat everywhere.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
After listening to this podcast so much, I know am now more able to call out ridiculous stuff in movies. Whenever something crazy happens I just think "that was fucking bonkers."

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Fantastic episode. So many funny moments.

June: Something's wrong with her.
Jason: Yeah, she's dying.

Paul: I had the 'Over the Top' toy.
Bobby: Was it a rape whistle?

Glad Jason brought up the the romantic comedy angle.

I know I should watch this movie first because its probably crazier than I remember it but I just can't wait to hear the episode.

Also, episode 148 of Comedy Bang Bang was friggin hysterical. I was in tears at the end with what happened to all the characters.

huxley00

Pretty good podcast. Best moment of all is when they realize that the people in Reindeer Games all have Christmas themed names, classic.

Really enjoyed this week's, though the only thing that slightly disappointed me was that they didn't talk enough about Robert Loggia's vehemently ridiculous hate for Lincoln Hawk(es).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Really enjoyed this week's, though the only thing that slightly disappointed me was that they didn't talk enough about Robert Loggia's vehemently ridiculous hate for Lincoln Hawk(es).

They hardly mentioned him at all. I think this might have been my favorite Stallone movie/episode.

I lost it when Jason said, "All cuddled up like a fucking weirdo".

Great episode, and I really like Bobby M. outside of SNL. He was great on this episode and is hilarious when he stops by CBB.

Top Bottom