• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I could see them releasing both episodes on Tuesday so that they don't have to worry or think about the podcast for the next two weeks. They would get to enjoy the rest of the year.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I wouldn't like it, since I wouldn't want to have to shift through just to get to the posts discussing the HDTGM episodes. But on the other hand, discussion had dwindled since being handed the death move. I'm torn.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I wouldn't like it, since I wouldn't want to have to shift through just to get to the posts discussing the HDTGM episodes. But on the other hand, discussion had dwindled since being handed the death move. I'm torn.

You might want to go over there and voice your opinion. They're talking about making the thread tomorrow.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You might want to go over there and voice your opinion. They're talking about making the thread tomorrow.

The earwolf thread wouldn't take away from this thread. Especially since it would be a thread for a ton of podcasts. But we should hear from the rest of the peeps here.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
The earwolf thread wouldn't take away from this thread. Especially since it would be a thread for a ton of podcasts. But we should hear from the rest of the peeps here.

So, sorry, a little confused by your wording. You don't have a problem with it? Confused about in your first sentence if you mean that those threads running simultaneously won't hurt because ideally with the Earwolf thread this thread and the CBB one would be closed.

I'm supportive of the idea because this thread especially is pretty inactive except for Tuesdays, and new Earwolf shows coming out each day it would potentially make or more discussion.

Watched Deck the Halls because it was on ABCFamily the other day and I honestly didn't think it was the worst Christmas movie ever. It was definitely stupid and had some weird parts, but overall I didn't really think it was that bad. It was at least watchable.

Anybody else thought they were pointing the daughter out as a lesbian the first time she meets the neighbors? She acts almost the same exact way as the brother when he's fixated on the neighbors boobs and it seems to just ignore it completely after that. Then later on she's chasing boys with the neighbor girls and going after Marine Finn from Glee.

I don't really have an issue with a general Earwolf thread, personally. I really only listen to HDTGM, CBB, and on occasion Who Charted though.

Watching Jack Frost. I... liquor.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ya, I'm a little confused. Paul said he screwed up and should have played the Deck the Halls episode today, but are we not getting a Jack Frost episode as well? Was that just for Largo?

No way it was only for Largo. Maybe he meant DtH goes up today, and JF next week or the week after. Just so that they don't have to worry about new episodes for awhile.

So they're gonna release two Christmas episodes after Christmas? They might as well just hold them in the inventory til next year.

Just discovered this podcast and holy shit it's funny. Already listened to several episodes and I can't stop!

You're in for hours of fantastic entertainment. And when you're done, they're so good you can listen to every episode again and again.

Lorien

Banned
Figured there might be some Doug Loves Movies fans here. I'm going to a show tomorrow night. Should be fun. I need to think of a good shit head.

Hilarious episode further proving that all episodes should be live.

I also like how it's always the live episodes where they have the crazy realizations. I didn't catch the Deck the Halls/Buddy Hall thing at all.

Goddamn at that Matthew Broderick story though.

That just sounded sad. :lol "This is the bottom."

Man, I love how the live shows further break down a movie's awfulness more than I could on a viewing. Cracking up at the whole bit about the sleeping bag scene.

I randomly thought of the idea of a T-shirt that just has a sad Matthew Broderick with the "Deck the Halls" logo and in giant letters: "THIS IS THE BOTTOM"

Kind of goofing around in Assassin's Creed IV and decided to listen to a few shows. On Toys again. Too bad June isn't in it but I enjoy it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Watched Deck the Halls because it was on ABCFamily the other day and I honestly didn't think it was the worst Christmas movie ever. It was definitely stupid and had some weird parts, but overall I didn't really think it was that bad. It was at least watchable.

Anybody else thought they were pointing the daughter out as a lesbian the first time she meets the neighbors? She acts almost the same exact way as the brother when he's fixated on the neighbors boobs and it seems to just ignore it completely after that. Then later on she's chasing boys with the neighbor girls and going after Marine Finn from Glee.

I have to agree with you. It was bad, but not as awful as I was expecting it to be. Weirdest thing was the cross dressing cop. Can't wait to hear the episode. I'm sure Jason had a field day with the singing/whose your daddy scene.

Sorry guys, you're wrong. Deck the Halls is a terrible, terrible movie.

I'm just forced to watch so much shit during Christmas time that my threshold for watchable is pretty low. I'd take this over any of the lifetime or abcfamily original movies any day. The amount of Christmas movies with Judd Nelson in them that I've seen this Christmas is too damn high.

Lorien

Banned
I'm just forced to watch so much shit during Christmas time that my threshold for watchable is pretty low. I'd take this over any of the lifetime or abcfamily original movies any day. The amount of Christmas movies with Judd Nelson in them that I've seen this Christmas is too damn high.

If you're comparing it to ABC Family original movies then I wholeheartedly agree with you. At least it had a budget.

Lorien

Banned
Matthew was downright dead. He walks so...awkward. Like he has a bad case of hemorrhoids.

I felt like one person in that whole movie was actually trying. That drunk guy who had Broderick back the car out of the drive way. Love that guy.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'd be happy if they just did a few more a year. Over The Top was the last live show, right? Jason is simply on another level during live shows.

I think it was Gymkata. Which I think was back in late August/September. But yes, I would settle for more live shows period. I wonder how much money they pull in from the live shows.

Top Bottom