• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about how quickly DLC and/or seasons are released?

Generally speaking....

• I find game seasons to refresh too quickly

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • I find game seasons to refresh too slowly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find game seasons to refresh at just the right pace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find DLC is released too quickly

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I find DLC is released too slowly

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I find DLC is released at the right pace

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm just wondering of other gaffers feel season cycles and extra content drops are too frequent these days or overwhelming to complete. Seasons usually have bonuses for completing the season in a timeframe so you're right on a treadmill.

Whereas sometimes DLC drops within months of the base game before you've really got your teeth into it. Of course there are games that take time between their DLC too. I'm not including content released as DLC that should have been in the base game here. Paid/Free doesn't matter.

Seasons would be in games like Division 2, Diablo, LoL, Fortnite etc

DLC would be things like Hot Wheels (FH5), Cyberpunk (PL), Valhalla (Ragnarok), Legends (Tsushima) etc

hlm666

DLC seems to still be ok I guess, Elden ring dlc was great and the one before that I bought was liberty city and that was great aswell. Seasons and battlepasses and shit needs to just fuck off though. I started playing that Once Human the other day and was kind of enjoying it, however because they want to sell passes and shit you can't play it with a local private server like you could on a normal paid for survival/crafter like valheim/enshrouded/conan/etc. So it's f2p, has 3 battlepasses (one free, one $10 and a "premium" one for $20). Then on top of that they have what appears to be 6 week seasons where I guess to go along with your character being reset to 1 and world being reset you probably have to buy a new pass aswell.

I think EA recently did some shit with the battle passes in Apex which pissed people off but i'm not sure on those specifics. They are getting very close to having a 10 buck monthly sub at this rate just called battlepass. So I once again I have to retreat from a modern game because I want to play a game and not a bloody progress/xp bar.

I dont grind for skins etc.

Mostly am indifferent to them.

But with some titles like Diablo 4 where they add quests, am always running out of stuff to do and wish they were coming faster. But then I would be playing it all the time so its a good thing they take time, I guess.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m type person who like one or two expansions for its game similar how FROM and Monolith Soft does.

They take their but their expansions always high quality.

Eimran

To each his own but I hate this seasonal crap.

Asking money for just a box of dumb skins and extra weapons with 99,99% the same stats as the ones already available.

I rather have the devs working on a new game while we enjoy the current one without it being milked.

DLC is fine if the developer put effort and resources in it after the game released. Like dying light the following, resident Evil 4 Remake assignment Ada, Elder ring.
Not that DLC crap where you get a code to download something that was already on the disc.

ssringo

There is no right answer; it just depends on the game whether a quicker DLC release schedule is needed for me to be interested. Something like Elden Ring can release DLC 2 years later and I'll buy it immediately while Resident Evil 4 released their Ada DLC half a year later and I picked that up. On the flip side I still haven't bought Phantom Liberty and even though I bought Witcher 3's DLC I never played them because I had moved on.

I don't care about Season Passes. Every last one of them can get fucked.

I always had the standard from LoL, each season a year. Then came fortnite and stared pulling them every 3 or 4 months. And nowadays you have cod warzone mobile that is already at season 5 barely a month after release lol

Top Bottom