• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about missable materials or key items?

I

• Always Hate it

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Always Love it

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Usually Hate it

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Usually Love it

Votes: 19 17.6%

• Total voters

PanzerCute

I'm currently playing King's Field and I love it.

I hate it when games try to hold your hand on everything. :(
Same. I am playing Kings Field Ancient City right now and these games definitely don't care about holding your hand and the beginning might be one of the most sadistic and brutal experience I ever had in gaming :d

Love it so much, even tho it's a bit painful to play sometimes.

MrRibeye

I really enjoyed how Metal Gear Solid actively discouraged me from trying to loot every room and get every item.

Mei Ling: Snake, listen to what Lao-Tze said: "He who knows that enough is enough will always have enough." Just cause you see an item doesn't mean you always have to get it. If you don't really need it, think twice before you stick your neck out. It might not be worth it.

Mei Ling: Snake, like Shakespeare said "Nought's had, all's spent, where our desire is got without content." Basically, it means that your desire can get you in trouble if you're not careful. That goes for items too. Don't get too greedy or you might be sorry. Be careful, Snake.

cormack12

Gold Member
I really enjoyed how Metal Gear Solid actively discouraged me from trying to loot every room and get every item.

Mei Ling: Snake, listen to what Lao-Tze said: "He who knows that enough is enough will always have enough." Just cause you see an item doesn't mean you always have to get it. If you don't really need it, think twice before you stick your neck out. It might not be worth it.

Mei Ling: Snake, like Shakespeare said "Nought's had, all's spent, where our desire is got without content." Basically, it means that your desire can get you in trouble if you're not careful. That goes for items too. Don't get too greedy or you might be sorry. Be careful, Snake.
Even worse is getting the shiny then never using it

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I find the multiple PC launcher argument a bit of mass hysteria. I mean, I’ve never had an issue with any of them and just use whatever I need to.

Last edited:

Hero_Select

FF12 on the PS2 had an ultimate weapon you could miss out on if you opened up a certain chest early in the game.

A very normal chest with no indication or warning.

It was so fucking stupid.

nikos

I couldn't care less about collectibles or items that aren't required to finish a game. They're a waste of time and take away from the experience.

Does anyone who is bothered by this want to explain why they self-inflict the punishment by looking up guides in the first place? Is this only bothering trophy hunters?

Top Bottom