• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Should Tifa Be Handled In Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLDIER

Tifa is not defined by her tits.

I've spent a long time arguing this point with people.

I'd like to think the majority appreciate her character from a story and martial arts standpoint, but clearly a lot of people only care about the tits.

reddmyst

I trust the designers as I can respect their decisions; I don't judge just because it's a fictional character (even fictional women can have big/small breasts).

What about barret?

mr-t.jpeg

Original design, big breasts and all.

I feel like those that have played the original since its release appreciate Tifa more than just being a sex symbol. It would be a disservice to change her just because it isn't flattering, realistic, or whatever.

Her proportions take nothing away from the character so why take them away from the character?

Zane

You know, I clicked this thread expecting a discussion on how Squaresoft should handle her character and personality in the remake. Instead you're talking about tits.

raven777

Honestly I think the latest G-bike arts are all great. They should stick with it.

jq1Jx6P.jpg

The original designs are iconic, so I doubt they would actually redesign characters or give them new costumes, even the AC ones.

SOLDIER

The last thread like this about Cait Sith got locked.

Yes, but I feel this warrants its own thread as it's one of the big ongoing subjects with Remake along with the original's (arguably outdated) comedic elements along with whether or not you can
bring Aerith back to life/save Aerith

entremet

I'd like to think the majority appreciate her character from a story and martial arts standpoint, but clearly a lot of people only care about the tits.
There were there, but honesty the tech was so primitive at the time it wasn't a factor. The ending was bit ridiculous though.

Lara's were more talked about.

Never been a Tifa fan, but I get why she looks the way she does.

She's a bartender from the slums.

Final Fantasy characters do this. They look like who they are 'before the Adventure'. Look at Tidus, he wears that ridiculous Blitzball uniform the entire game because it's a reminder that when he joined this 'larger than life' journey he was just some cocky althete. Cloud's a mercenary, he looks like one, Cid is a pilot, he looks like one, Aerith is a flowergirl, she looks like one. Tifa is a bartender. It works. I mean that's what the cast looks like; a soldier, a coal miner, a pilot, a flowergirl, a bartender, a lab rat, a gothy lab rat, a ninja, and whatever the fuck Cait Sith is supposed to be.

JD_Lars

I don't care. Still one of the best FF women characters. Make her flat-chested. As long as she's still the same great offensive character I'm used to using, I'm good with whatever. She was always better than Aerith.

So if it isn't about her breasts, why should they go? If they change nothing about her, why should they go?

There hasn't been a decent reason why they should go.

SOLDIER

You know, I clicked this thread expecting a discussion on how Squaresoft should handle her character and personality in the remake. Instead you're talking about tits.

I feel her character and personality was handled perfectly in the original.

I'm just as concerned they may make her more subdued or helpless, but I'm not nearly as worried compared to how they may handle her from a design/fanservice standpoint.

KoopaTheCasual

I love this artwork.

She looks like she can seriously kick some ass, here. I think it's the muscle definition.

Original design, big breasts and all.

I feel like those that have played the original since its release appreciate Tifa more than just being a sex symbol. It would be a disservice to change her just because it isn't flattering, realistic, or whatever.

Her proportions take nothing away from the character so why take them away from the character?
So... why do you care about her boobs, again?

Prototype

What if Tifa just has big breasts? Plenty of women I know do, my gf included.

Making all women small breasted isn't any better than making them all large breasted. Areith and Yuffie both have smaller cup sizes. Why do they all need to be that way?

Really hoping suggestions like this are ignored by the devs. That and half the stuff people on this site want.

Not everything needs to be turned into a cause to champion.

Original design. Big breasts and all.

I like the AC design, but if people are so keen on having everything from the original as faithful as possible, then everything has to be there.

Ishida

Banned
I'm pretty sure Modbot has been closing threads about the FFVII remake, since there are already too many of them.

SOLDIER

Making all women small breasted isn't any better than making them all large breasted. Areith and Yuffie both have smaller cup sizes. Why do they all need to be that way?

Really hoping suggestions like this are ignored by the devs. That and half the stuff people on this site want.

Big breasts isn't the problem, it's a design that screams "Tits right here! Look but don't touch!".

The rest of her body needs to look like it can handle her endowments, just as her AC look did. Otherwise you get something like the 1997 FMV, or Dragon's Crown's Sorceress.

Pimpwerx

Gotta keep them chesticles. They're what made her sketch so identifiable. She was drawn with big old titties, so she should stay true to form. PEACE.

Corpekata

Banned

In what world do the suggested pictures people are holding up as good examples qualify as "small breasts"

Almost all of the suggestions she's still pretty damn busty.

LiK

Isn't Team Ninja helping Square with Dissidia? Maybe it's a sign they want their soft engine.

m1e10VX.gif

fucking dammit. their breast physics was perfect with the original DOAX. not crazy and stupid. then they had to go fucking nuts with the sequel and all the later DOAs.

ZoddGutts

Yeah, get what your saying. It's not like everyone in FF7 had a big bust size and really she shouldn't be shamed about her body figure.

Xeteh

I loved how she looked in Advent Children. I don't care if they tone down the breasts/skin but I adore her general look.

She was already both of these

What? She just wanted Cloud to share her feelings. She wasn't weak.

I love this artwork.

She looks like she can seriously kick some ass, here. I think it's the muscle definition.

So... why do you care about her boobs, again?
Because thats how I was introduced to her when I played it in the '90s. I'd prefer the original design be kept for EVERY character. So why do they need to go, if you wouldn't mind answering.

I haven't seen people devalue Tifa yet because of her proportions, but moreso value her skills and strength. If they never affected how she was viewed as a character before, they do not need to be altered on a whim now.

Ezalc

I want it to be as faithful as possible to the original just to see that ridiculous scene where I think she falls over with absurd graphics of today. It would be amazing, and it's not even for the boob physics but because of how awkward that pose is. Make it like Polnareff's weird pose when he joins the gang in the beginning of Stardust Crusaders and how that was animated exactly how it was in the manga. I just looks so ridiculous it's great.

Ploid 3.0

I see nothing wrong with women having big breasts. People do have that and it's not their fault. Whatever they do will be fine. Tifa's chest was large in FF7 and I can see her getting a reduction surgery as people get those because it's bad on your back.

However they chose to design her is fine by me.

Also Barrett with a big arm and also that awesome gun arm. Bad language is a must.

Cloudo with his spiky hair, blonde, crazy eyes.

Yuffie with her weird weapon, and kinda the same style clothes. I don't know if I'd want to see her in goth clothes for example. "The new Yuffie! The kid with a troubled past."

Holmes

She needs to have the same long hair as the original. Advent Children they said they had her hair shorter because they couldn't animate her long hair properly. Hopefully they figured out how to make it work this time around.
Lightning had long hair (not as long as Tifa though) and her hair was animated pretty well most of the time.

MrMephistoX

Think about it; in 1997 the only way to really get such assests to pop on a simplistic polygon model was to make them circus size: it would look out of proportion today even DOA has toned the size down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom