• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Should Tifa Be Handled In Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I think the latest G-bike arts are all great. They should stick with it.

jq1Jx6P.jpg

The original designs are iconic, so I doubt they would actually redesign characters or give them new costumes, even the AC ones.

I have no problem with these.

I feel they are all gonna be pretty similar to their Kingdom Hearts /Crisis Core/ Advent Children designs.
7vcOHXL.png

Nomura has pretty much chiseled out these designs over the last decade and I don't see him dropping them.

Yes, but I feel this warrants its own thread as it's one of the big ongoing subjects with Remake along with the original's (arguably outdated) comedic elements along with whether or not you can
bring Aerith back to life/save Aerith

Hope so, but the board really has become new thread for new news, otherwise it all gets chucked into one giant thread where discussion of a particular subject is impossible for more than a few posts and real discussion is choked.
But hey, at least everything looks nice and neat!

KoopaTheCasual

Because thats how I was introduced to her when I played it in the '90s. I'd prefer the original design be kept for EVERY character. So why do they need to go, if you wouldn't mind answering.

I haven't seen people devalue Tifa yet because of her proportions, but moreso value her skills and strength. If they never affected how she was view as a character, they do not need to be altered.
Because it was awkward and gross when I first played it as a kid, and still so now.

Seeing as how her Dissidia and AC designs have a much more modest bust, I feel like SE agrees with me, and will do the reasonable thing.

These are acceptable.

Yup, love them both. Her AC design was fantastic. One of my favorite characters.

I think it'll be one of them, Nomura clearly put a lot into that design to update her design for HD for the first time. I could see him going with either outfit.

I think the most likely is that second one with her AC design with her original FFVII outfit.

Because it was awkward and gross when I first played it as a kid, and still so now.

Seeing as how her Dissidia and AC designs have a much more modest bust, I feel like SE agrees with me, and will do the reasonable thing.
Thats a great reason to change an iconic character design.

Because you felt grossed out. Sounds... reasonable.

I'm an adult, and even as a kid, this was never a problem for the mature mind. Whether you felt breasts were "gross" or otherwise is the exact reason why the design shouldn't be changed. Shit, lets give Palmer liposuction, too. There are people out there grossed out by the heavyset and their awkwardness.

SoulUnison

Banned
What if Tifa just has big breasts? Plenty of women I know do, my gf included.

Making all women small breasted isn't any better than making them all large breasted. Areith and Yuffie both have smaller cup sizes. Why do they all need to be that way?

Really hoping suggestions like this are ignored by the devs. That and half the stuff people on this site want.

Not everything needs to be turned into a cause to champion.

Lol, stealth bragging?

sensui-tomo

I for one, like some of the fan art... time to see how many people will see my avatar in the future.
I'm going to assume they'll make tifa look more like her CC/AC looks.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
You can still have huge tits and not be comically ridiculous like in the original game. Her AC design is the best i think. They are probably going to go with her Dissidia look, where she's basically the same, but her bust size is a bit more realistic.

Uhyve

At a certain point, being against sexist designs can become really sexist, I believe this post is that point.

As to the topic at hand, outfits need to stay the same. Character proportions can't really stay the same, because they couldn't even stay consistent throughout just Final Fantasy VII. So as a huge Final Fantasy VII fan, I have no issue with them taking whatever direction they want.

Her chest size is large but not disproportionately large in the original art. The CG(original) however is disproportionate.

Only thing I think they should change is her muscle definition. In a realistic style it is just so out of place for a boxing lady to have zero muscle definition.

Emm... Actually her new model(s) is a lot closer to her original art.

Honestly I think the latest G-bike arts are all great. They should stick with it.

jq1Jx6P.jpg

The original designs are iconic, so I doubt they would actually redesign characters or give them new costumes, even the AC ones.

Agreed. I like her AC design but I don't expect to see it in-game(except maybe as DLC/post-game content). Even in AC they showed the original designs via flashback, and in the trailer it looked like Cloud and Barret were wearing their usual outfits.

I don't think that Tifa sporting the original design or her original physique is going to make her some living breast joke/sex symbol either. Effort beyond the design has to be made to do that. And I doubt S-E is going to make that kind of effort going by how her other appearances have been between AC/CC/etc.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The designs you recommended are barely different from the original design that you seem to want changed, just a human level of well endowed. That's what I expect anyway. Original clothing, AC style design.

It's odd to say the least to see backlash demanding a faithful return to the character design design from a game that used no less than 3 model designs for each playable character is. FFVII was anything but consistent from scene to battle to world map to CG.

I feel they are all gonna be pretty similar to their Kingdom Hearts /Crisis Core/ Advent Children designs.
7vcOHXL.png

Nomura has pretty much chiseled out these designs over the last decade and I don't see him dropping them.

Not a fan of this design, tbh.

I can't figure out what sort of garment that is for her lower half. It looks like rolled up leather capris and a backwards apron. Leather isn't very absorbent though and it's difficult to wash, so I don't think it would make a very good apron, especially for a bartender.

I don't think anybody over the age of 15 would wear shoes that look like that. Tifa is... 20ish, I think?

And yeah, the zip up leather vest is some Nomura self-parody. The white tank top by itself is iconic.

KoopaTheCasual

At a certain point, being against sexist designs can become really sexist, I believe this post is that point.

As to the topic at hand, outfits need to stay the same, character proportions can't really stay the same, because they couldn't even stay consistant throughout just Final Fantasy VII.
You people are priceless.

Tell me more about how keeping Tifa's design is more progressive and moderate.
Don't apologize: I've watched the AC movie and understand that he can stay true to the original design. I appreciate your concern, tho. ;)
But her bust is smaller in AC? So what do you want? Because, you just said that such an action is not true to the original design.

I like how you denounce fanart emphasizing her chest as it is based on the standards of FFVII CGs and not in line with her character then praise fanart that you feel is what the character should look like despite it being so different proportion-wise then her actual character. And basically say that they should just copy that for the remake.

fedexpeon

Banned

Yeah, I would go with the G-Bike one.
They look more matured.
But the AC design is also great.
You can't go wrong since these characters are so iconic to screw up.

Adaren

Pay homage to the original without going overboard, Tomb Raider-style.

I'd be okay with a little bustier than her AC version, but they definitely shouldn't go as far as FF7 did.

And no physics or fan service.

anaron

jq1Jx6P.jpg

I actually really like these. the callback in colour tone to the original portraits are wonderful.

if the game took to this design style I'd be pretty pleased

eMpTy23

Personally, I want the remake to be the same damn game. That includes Tifa's boobs. But I assume the remake will be radically different, and I assume Tifa's boobs will be one of the first things to go (if they aren't gone already). Because 'real' women have small boobs and anything bigger than an A-cup is considered sexist nowadays.

I do like her Advent Children design, but it isn't really Tifa in my eyes. The boobs are a part of Tifa.

EDIT:
No I don't. I have a problem with unrealistic breast physics accentuating unrealistic body proportions. Save me your false concern for women.

Read.

Go look up people like Hitomi Tanaka. Tifa doesn't (didn't) have an unrealistic body. Something being rare does not mean unrealistic.

Uhyve

You people are priceless.

Tell me more about how keeping Tifa's design is more progressive and moderate.

But her bust is smaller in AC? So what do you want? Because, you just said that such an action is not true to the original design.
Consider that some women are large and you just called that gross. It's a dumb design, I don't disagree with that, I just find you disagreeable.

No I don't. I have a problem with unrealistic breast physics accentuating unrealistic body proportions. Save me your false concern for women.

oh

You know...I really wouldn't judge the original game as having unrealistic breast physics...seeing as everything looks polygonal as fuck. Like I mentioned, the Dissidia iteration of her looks great, and retains the basic look of her original version :)

Corpekata

Banned
I will personally riot if they change Barrett from being so squat and stout he looks like he could be related to Cait Sith's moogle.

komorebi

I'll tolerate some chains, belt buckles, fishnets, slack-suspenders, buttons, calculated ripped jeans, etc but I will change.org if he puts those asinine KH-esque giant shoes on everyone. There are limits.

Read.

Do you actually believe that women don't have breasts the size of Tifa or..?

Are we not allowed to have characters in games with big boobs anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom