• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How's the AI in PES4?

I'm playing Winning Eleven 6:FE on the Cube right now on Level 5 (highest level) and while I win just about every game, the AI at this level is outrageously frustrating.

Honestly, every game is just wave after wave of my attack, and every time the scenario is this, I rain shots down on their wonder keeper who always, always saves to one of his players, the AI collects, launches a blind side super punt up the pitch which every single time lands squarely on the head of their sole forward and either my defender inexplicably falls over or the forward cushions a 50 yard header right on to some onrushing midfielders big toe where I have no defence and he then shoots from 20 yards into the turf and it still squeezes through my incompetent keepers legs or he shoots, the keeper makes an arse of it and Header McWonder follows up his pinpoint forehead smash with a bloody cheeky rebound. Granted, I haven't played with the tactics today, but man, games finish with a shot ratio of like 38-4 and the score is like 3-2 or something.

The through balls in the game also tend to go awol every time, like I'm 2 on 1 and the defender makes a lunge, I press the throughball button to release the other player and it'll play it really slowly, completely the wrong direction or right into the keepers lap.

Still, despite being incredibly annoyed at some of this, I keep playing. I've logged about 4 hours of Allstars matches now, one after the other. Thats the sign of a kick ass game.

I haven't played PES3 or WE7 for a bit as I left them with my brother so I can't remember how much of a step up it is.
Also note that I haven't played for a while. And I'm on night shift so have no-one to play against. Bring on LIVE support.

I was 2-0 down at half time there! I absolutely kicked their ass 0-2! 2 flukey rebounders?!! WTF! Got a goal with the big Shevster though so I'm back in town. Not that anyone cares. All the Euros will be asleep :(

Judging from the overwhelming response here, I can tell my late night footie thread is going down a treat, but for those of you who were left with the nerve jangling cliffhanger on post number two that I'd just clambered back into the game after trapsing off at 2 goals down, I can reveal the final score was 4-3 to me! A true epic worthy of the word.

That's it for WE tonight. Fable will carry me through til 9am.

Gibbo

My experience just about Sums up the level of excitement found in PES4.

Playing the second last match of the season. Juve, Man Red , and Team Cosmos ( My team) are all neck to neck in the Standings ; Seperated by only 3 Points, I needed to win to have any chance of keeping the title Trailing 1-0 in the 82 minute when Savilola makes an Amazing run from the half way mark... Hes one on one with the keeper...when in a sheer moment of desperation, O Brien of Newcastle commits a career ending tackle from behind...PENALTY! Rooney..having already scored 20+ goals this season...steps up to take it.... GOAL! The game seemed to be heading for a draw when in the 88 min, Saviola skips pass three defenders to launch an audacious shot from almost 25 metres out...HITS THE UPRIGHT...the ball falls to my Veteran striker Victor who then took a few short steps to line himself up for a shot when another newcastle player knocks into him from behind, causing him to fall to the ground. PENALTY! I couldnt believe my luck at this point..the rest is history

Che

Banned
Pretty ingenious and enfuriating. If it's a good team you're playing against especially in Master League the damn AI will always manage to break your defence one way or another. And yes it's way better now. Also PES4 is far more superior compared to WE6:FE. Oh you're lucky you didn't play PES3, it sucked.

Gibbo said:
My experience just about Sums up the level of excitement found in PES4.

Playing the second last match of the season. Juve, Man Red , and Team Cosmos ( My team) are all neck to neck in the Standings ; Seperated by only 3 Points, I needed to win to have any chance of keeping the title Trailing 1-0 in the 82 minute when Savilola makes an Amazing run from the half way mark... Hes one on one with the keeper...when in a sheer moment of desperation, O Brien of Newcastle commits a career ending tackle from behind...PENALTY! Rooney..having already scored 20+ goals this season...steps up to take it.... GOAL! The game seemed to be heading for a draw when in the 88 min, Saviola skips pass three defenders to launch an audacious shot from almost 25 metres out...HITS THE UPRIGHT...the ball falls to my Veteran striker Victor who then took a few short steps to line himself up for a shot when another newcastle player knocks into him from behind, causing him to fall to the ground. PENALTY! I couldnt believe my luck at this point..the rest is history

Sounds class :) Good job with the title

Pretty ingenious and enfuriating. If it's a good team you're playing against especially in Master League the damn AI will always manage to break your defence one way or another. And yes it's way better now. Also PES4 is far more superior compared to WE6:FE. Oh you're lucky you didn't play PES3, it sucked.

I did play PES3. I can see how my sentence can be misread though, sorry. I thought it was pretty good although not as pacey as WE6/PES2. Felt like a different game. I got a lot of playtime out of Master League though.

Top Bottom