• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

Yes

one more win for HTC!

this is funny because one of the first things i did on my Note 2 was make my SMS notification sound different from the rest. check the options in the SMS app to see if there's a notification sound setting.
nope not there that I can see. What we need is to combine the customization ability of touchwiz with the look of sense, then we got some serious shit going on.

Honestly if I wasn't so busy studying for a final lately I'd have MAD PICS and shit of/from the one.

nope not there that I can see. What we need is to combine the customization ability of touchwiz with the look of sense, then we got some serious shit going on.

Honestly if I wasn't so busy studying for a final lately I'd have MAD PICS and shit of/from the one.

not in the sound settings menu either? and hey, TW may be customizable but you still can't change the BLOOP .. not without root anyway

Go to settings, sound. Select Notification sound to say, "teal". Then go to mail, hit the 3 dot menu button, hit settings, select your email acct then Notification setting. Change it to "teal". Done. Sounds are the same.

Teal is just an example obviously.

Go to settings, sound. Select Notification sound to say, "teal". Then go to mail, hit the 3 dot menu button, hit settings, select your email acct then Notification setting. Change it to "teal". Done. Sounds are the same.

Teal is just an example obviously.

it's the SMS sound that bugs him though...

all notifications to me are the same. But I'm fine with them being different, but how can you change it. It's just the sound itself that bugs me more than the fact that they are different lol. It's a bit much for a text message.

you could always install a 3rd party SMS app and make it default then change their notification sound...

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Is there any way to make the incoming sms notification sound the same as the other notification sounds like incoming emails. Why is it even different to begin with lol.

Go to the messages app and click on Menu>Settings>Notifications>Notification Sound.

Oh, in that case, open the SMS app, 3 dot menu button. Notifications, notification sound, select Teal.
still plays the default sound for me.

Also here is my homescreen. There isn't enough of homescreen posting in this thread.

XTmeLtV.jpeg

IT almost doesn't do it justice because everything looks 10 times better on the actual phone, but yeah. Also I was in the midst of trying to find a nice nature-related wallpaper. Like this one from the default gallery.

Gannd

Banned
Here are some pictures with my wife's Nexus 4. I'm not a good photographer so I'm sure someone with better ability will post some today.

IMG_20130420_155643.jpg

IMG_20130420_155704.jpg

IMG_20130420_155619.jpg

IMG_20130420_155633.jpg

IMG_20130420_155746.jpg

IMG_20130420_155500.jpg

Talon

Mmm...that's a nice phone.

Does the white plastic sandwiching feel odd to the hand? It does actually seem jarring now looking at these photos.

Gannd

Banned
still plays the default sound for me.

Also here is my homescreen. There isn't enough of homescreen posting in this thread.

IT almost doesn't do it justice because everything looks 10 times better on the actual phone, but yeah. Also I was in the midst of trying to find a nice nature-related wallpaper. Like this one from the default gallery.

Have you found a way to move around homescreens? I want the Blink Feed to be my homescreen but I want it in the center with other screens to the left/right of it. Right now, each additional homescreen I had seems to go to the right of Blink Feed which means i have to scroll over to use it. I'm going to try to give blink feed an honest go of it.

Have you found a way to move around homescreens? I want the Blink Feed to be my homescreen but I want it in the center with other screens to the left/right of it. Right now, each additional homescreen I had seems to go to the right of Blink Feed which means i have to scroll over to use it. I'm going to try to give blink feed an honest go of it.
don't think you can move screens, only create more and set them as homescreens. I don't use blinkfeed so I have it stashed to the left of like 2 screens lol.

Gannd

Banned
Mmm...that's a nice phone.

Does the white plastic sandwiching feel odd to the hand? It does actually seem jarring now looking at these photos.

Not at all. I never even notice the plastic when I'm holding or looking at this sexy device. Apple is going to have to bring it to regain the design crown (imho). This phone is phenomenal.

Gannd

Banned
don't think you can move screens, only create more and set them as homescreens. I don't use blinkfeed so I have it stashed to the left of like 2 screens lol.

Boo. I hope they add the ability to in an update it. It just makes me that less likely to use BlinkFeed. It's a neat little thing and my wife would love it but I don't want to have to scroll around that much to be useful.

How's the HTC One battery life
If you use the camera A LOT it's very average (especially doing alot of zoes), if you use blinkfeed (updating a lot) and the camera a lot I assume it's bad. If you don't use blinkfeed and use everything else "normally" it's quite good.

Not close to GREAT territory which is where I want to be come the google phone(s) releasing later in the year. But it's average to quite good is what I'd say.

VoxPop

Got it! Headed out to celebrate 420 though :x I'll post some pics and impressions later when I get back. Didn't even unbox it yet :) let me know if you guys have any questions you want answered that hasn't been done in reviews

This phone has really good battery when it comes to talk time. I was just on the phone for a pretty damn long time and it didn't go down by much.

So battery life is way better than the one x and s3. It's almost like the iPhone so far ...

I topped it off at 93 percent and after 5 hours of heavy usage(GPS, webrowsing, and camera) ...it's on 85 percent

So battery life is way better than the one x and s3. It's almost like the iPhone so far ...

I topped it off at 93 percent and after 5 hours of heavy usage(GPS, webrowsing, and camera) ...it's on 85 percent
If you go into settings, there's a battery stats menu. Hold Power button + Home button to take Screenshots.

From the xda forums.....I don't think I can resist the black one

DSC_0388_zps6668b0c8.jpg

DSC_0391_zpsa858439c.jpg

DSC_0389_zpsc554dd4c.jpg
!!!!! I ALMOST BELIEVE IN GOD

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
From the xda forums.....I don't think I can resist the black one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/Mark67/DSC_0388_zps6668b0c8.jpg[img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/Mark67/DSC_0391_zpsa858439c.jpg[img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/Mark67/DSC_0389_zpsc554dd4c.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

hawt.

DaveH

The black one obscures the seams and bezel better so it's just one obelisk of tech... but I'm not sure what process is used to blacken it. My other HTC phone eventually developed bright spots where the black wears away and the silver underneath shows.

Cipherr

buhdeh

Got damn. Both colors look great. One of the few times I'd actually consider a white phone. Fuck so tempting to sell my Nexus 4 and get this.

Top Bottom