• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

reKon

Banned
Then watch KLP is going to be unveiled and completely shit on all of us. We will be begging CM escalate their release on to these new phones.

Even though the speakers make the phone bigger and even though I refuse the word BoomSound, the speakers on this thing are pretty fucking ridiculous.

Got damn. Both colors look great. One of the few times I'd actually consider a white phone. Fuck so tempting to sell my Nexus 4 and get this.
do it then just get a nexus 5 if KLP is good and the nex5 impresses. Join the darkside. We can have slumber parties.

VanWinkle

still plays the default sound for me.

Also here is my homescreen. There isn't enough of homescreen posting in this thread.

IT almost doesn't do it justice because everything looks 10 times better on the actual phone, but yeah. Also I was in the midst of trying to find a nice nature-related wallpaper. Like this one from the default gallery.

Woah you got the One? I didn't know you had decided on which phone you wanted. Nice choice!

Agentnibs

That black one looks amazing! My battery life has been decent considering the incredible amount of use I've put it through today. Last i checked it reported about 7 hours on the battery. Thats with a lot of listening to streaming music full blast, heavy browsing and a lot of camera play. I'm actually surprised by how much I enjoy using Zoe.

That black one looks amazing! My battery life has been decent considering the incredible amount of use I've put it through today. Last i checked it reported about 7 hours on the battery. Thats with a lot of listening to streaming music full blast, heavy browsing and a lot of camera play. I'm actually surprised by how much I enjoy using Zoe.
Zoe is a battery destroyer if you do it a lot though lol. Makes sense though considering it's processing a LOT, and fast.

I don't blame you. I'd toss my S3 out in a second if I could get one of these.
oh god, see this was the problem. After holding the One I just couldn't stand the feel of that kind of plastic on my hands.

reKon

Banned
Zoe is a battery destroyer if you do it a lot though lol. Makes sense though considering it's processing a LOT, and fast.

oh god, see this was the problem. After holding the One I just couldn't stand the feel of that kind of plastic on my hands.

so you are keeping this phone naked then. Godspeed.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
From the xda forums.....I don't think I can resist the black one

DSC_0388_zps6668b0c8.jpg

DSC_0391_zpsa858439c.jpg

DSC_0389_zpsc554dd4c.jpg

It looks good... But I think the silver version really differentiates this phone from everything else.

Black one looks too similar to every other black phone on the market.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
another one
[/IMG]http://www.mobile-review.com/review/image/htc/one/live/high/live06.jpg[/IMG]

there is a 42 page discussion on this issue, still cant make up my mind
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2159207

What sucks about the black one in AUS is that one company has a 3 month exclusivity to it, So you NEED to sign up with them to actually get it. Everyone else has the silver one.

I intend to buy this outright, so Silver it pretty much is for me IF I actually go ahead with it .. oh god D:

markot

Banned
What sucks about the black one in AUS is that one company has a 3 month exclusivity to it, So you NEED to sign up with them to actually get it. Everyone else has the silver one.

I intend to buy this outright, so Silver it pretty much is for me IF I actually go ahead with it .. oh god D:

Silver is better anway!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Where are the Aussies here getting it? Harvey Norman for $698 is looking good.

That's pretty much the place to buy it from at the moment.

I can get it through work for $3 more, Which I might do. I need to make sure it's unlocked etc first before jumping in.

I haven't seen it listed anywhere else for $698, There's been the daily offer but HN is keeping it at that price which is nice to see.

zedge

Saw the commercial before Oblivion tonight. Neat way to show off the speakers. Oblivion was pretty good too,enjoyed it.

leng jai

That's pretty much the place to buy it from at the moment.

I can get it through work for $3 more, Which I might do. I need to make sure it's unlocked etc first before jumping in.

I haven't seen it listed anywhere else for $698, There's been the daily offer but HN is keeping it at that price which is nice to see.

There's not many choices to get it outright. Looks like JB aren't even carrying it. Does HN charge before delivery?

reKon

Banned
why is the lighting so different on the GSMArena photos? There it looks more gun metal than black in their. These pics make black look amazing (and I always get everything in black). If I chose the HTC One, I would just run into another hurdle of not knowing which color to get =/.

Some of the telcos here in Singapore have the S4 out on display already. I was able to play with one for 5-10 mins. Overall impressions are it's just as fast as the One, it's very plasticky (sp?) and looks almost exactly the same as the S3 I had, Touchwiz is exactly the same as S3, the 5 inch screen is not a huge difference vs. the 4.7 on the One, and the RGB mode looks a lot better than stock but the One is still better IMO.

This makes me even more sure I will be getting the One, it just feels and looks so much better, and there is nothing the S4 offers me that even comes close to making me want to change my mind. Now I just have to decide between black and silver...

Kozmo

I have found that a general indicator of how successful a product will be is in the # of views the Official Thread gets.

So, with 57,241 views as of this post - I am predicting that sales of the phone will be comparable to the Samsung Galaxy S4 - whose OT currently sits at 56,087 views.

Of course the S4 is not out yet, and of course, the GAF demographic does not always reflect public opinion. Nonetheless, the hype and good vibes generated behind this phone can only be a good thing for HTC.

GSG Flash

Along with being the best phone I have ever used, the One is also the best TV remote I have ever used :O

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

Beautiful shot!

Gah, why do phones have to be so overpriced. $650 to snag one off-contract. I'd love to get one to complement my iPhone 5 for a little while to see if Android can keep me happy; but I can't drop that kind of coin. If it were $400, I'd go for it.

Beautiful shot!

Gah, why do phones have to be so overpriced. $650 to snag one off-contract. I'd love to get one to complement my iPhone 5 for a little while to see if Android can keep me happy; but I can't drop that kind of coin. If it were $400, I'd go for it.

I totally feel that this it's more of an iPhone competitor than the Samsung devices. I'm enjoying this Sense interface much more than Touch Wiz(former iPhone user here)

Ravager61

Is there a way to turn off the LED notification for apps?

I really only want it for Calls/Text messages but the only option to check is "Messages". My friends and I talk on GroupMe all day so I have about 100 notifications from that app daily which makes the LED on all the time. This pretty much renders the light useless.

Absolutely love the phone by the way.

GSG Flash

Is there a way to turn off the LED notification for apps?

I really only want it for Calls/Text messages but the only option to check is "Messages". My friends and I talk on GroupMe all day so I have about 100 notifications from that app daily which makes the LED on all the time. This pretty much renders the light useless.

Absolutely love the phone by the way.

There's system wide notification led setting in Settings>Display, Gestures etc.>Notification Flash

But I think app specific settings are changed within the app. For example, if you go to Whatsapp or Facebook settings, you can turn off the notification led from there, I don't know about GroupMe.

Ravager61

There's system wide notification led setting in Settings>Display, Gestures etc.>Notification Flash

But I think app specific settings are changed within the app. For example, if you go to Whatsapp or Facebook settings, you can turn off the notification led from there, I don't know about GroupMe.

Hmm, checked in the app but couldn't find anything about the LED. I just turned off notifications entirely for GroupMe for now.

VoxPop

Beautiful shot!

I'm selling my iPhone 5 to make up for the device cost. should be able to nab atleast 450 for it. Its a great transition. A few things here and there I miss but overall its been a seamless transition. Loving it so far :)

Top Bottom