• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

Thanks, I'll try doing contacts & messages only.

Let us know if that works out for you. What I didn't like about the pictures was it created directories called DSC100 and DSC101 and the photos were split between the two there. I think that's because that's how they were on the iPhone. Part of that reason might be because I had enough pictures that it spilled over into a new directory though. At any rate, it showed up in the gallery under that listing. I ended up copying them to the premade Picture directory on the phone. Also the iPhone puts personal movies and pictures in the same directory so that got blended too. I split those into the movies directory. It's nice that it will pull things over for you, but I just didn't like where it put everything.

Let us know if that works out for you. What I didn't like about the pictures was it created directories called DSC100 and DSC101 and the photos were split between the two there. I think that's because that's how they were on the iPhone. Part of that reason might be because I had enough pictures that it spilled over into a new directory though. At any rate, it showed up in the gallery under that listing. I ended up copying them to the premade Picture directory on the phone. Also the iPhone puts personal movies and pictures in the same directory so that got blended too. I split those into the movies directory. It's nice that it will pull things over for you, but I just didn't like where it put everything.
It finally worked, the contacts transferred over perfectly. However, the messages not so much. It's showing messages from last year and none of my recent ones.

It finally worked, the contacts transferred over perfectly. However, the messages not so much. It's showing messages from last year and none of my recent ones.

That's weird, but my wife encountered the same issue where she noticed some messages weren't there. Mine seemed to transfer ok from what I saw but I didn't extensively look at them all. She was noticing some texts she had just got were not there while some were so there was nothing consistent that we could figure out. I didn't try doing a transfer again to see if the results would be the same or not. The one annoying thing I found was some messages were tagged as unable to send which puts a red triangle with an exclamation point next to the person and as far as I can tell, no way to get rid of it.

reKon

Banned
I actually don't mind sense 5 because looks nice and clean and it includes useful apps and tools that blends together nicely. Still HTC could definitely be smarter about how this launcher works in terms of customizing it. It should not be this annoying to add widgets and change up screens

Dead

well not really...yet
Decided to go with a double dip case. Fits like a glove and adds enough weight for me to feel even more secure holding it.

I actually don't mind sense 5 because looks nice and clean and it includes useful apps and tools that blends together nicely. Still HTC could definitely be smarter about how this launcher works in terms of customizing it. It should not be this annoying to add widgets and change up screens

Could be better, but since this is mostly just a one time setup, it's not a big deal IMO.

Im furious sitting here on a phone with just a 1280x720 screen. God, I swore I wouldnt buy another phone until later this year though. I need off this nonsense an onto the new crisp displays. Just seeing these gorgeous high res screenshots makes me die inside a little.

I'm not sure if this post is serious or not. I can tell you that my Note II isn't exactly quaking in it's boots right now, I'm not even sure if I'll even upgrade in 2013 or not or skip a year for the first time in 3 years.

The one thing I hate about Google is their choice of icons. They visually don't tell me shit and I stare at them trying to figure out what they do hoping I don't do the wrong thing.

Volotaire

I'm not sure if this post is serious or not. I can tell you that my Note II isn't exactly quaking in it's boots right now, I'm not even sure if I'll even upgrade in 2013 or not or skip a year for the first time in 3 years.

Well every year is a bit crazy isn't it? Every 18-24 months is more suitable to be honest. But you're right about improvements, the the real world performance in the hardware changes won't do much difference anymore for a time.

Well every year is a bit crazy isn't it? Every 18-24 months is more suitable to be honest. But you're right about improvements, the the real world performance in the hardware changes won't do much difference anymore for a time.

well if he's crazy...that means I'm insane...last year i bought the one x, S3 and the pureview 808.

The improvement of 720p -> 1080p is pretty significant. especially for the S4....its just blows away the S3 screen.

That's a Note 2 though man. I'm rocking a GNex.

S4 or One is HUGE massive jump from the Gnex..

Cipherr

well if he's crazy...that means I'm insane...last year i bought the one x, S3 and the pureview 808.

The improvement of 720p -> 1080p is pretty significant. especially for the S4....its just blows away the S3 screen.

I promised I would wait until later this year. I went from a phone on sprint to a phone on tmo in under 2 months, breaking contract and paying a new ETF, only to turn and buy a Gnex shortly there after followed by the N7 when it launched and a crapload of games, Ill be needing to take it easy this year is all. We are close to finishing off some debt and would like to cross that finish line this summer.

Im just jealous is all. The wait is killing me.

Volotaire

Woah... lol I still haven't had a smartphone haha

Trouble

Banned

That's the jump I made and the Gnex is a dog compared to this thing.

My One is about to be in permanent airplane mode for 3 weeks as I'm traveling abroad. :(
It's going to be weird using the Gnex again, but it's unlocked and my One isn't, so I can use prepaid SIMs with the Gnex. I'm not about to pay AT&T's international roaming rates.

I'm getting really bad static in the background during calls. on sprint, but don't think it is a network issue... calls on the gs3 sound just fine. anyone else having this issue?

That's the jump I made and the Gnex is a dog compared to this thing.

My One is about to be in permanent airplane mode for 3 weeks as I'm traveling abroad. :(
It's going to be weird using the Gnex again, but it's unlocked and my One isn't, so I can use prepaid SIMs with the Gnex. I'm not about to pay AT&T's international roaming rates.

Get an unluckcode from ATT..tell them your going overseas...

Trouble

Banned
Get an unluckcode from ATT..tell them your going overseas...

Huh, didn't think of that, I'll give it a shot.

Edit: On hold right now with tech support. Guy said the system said not eligible, but he's trying to see what he can do.

Edit2: Case opened, so hopefully they'll email me an unlock code.

reKon

Banned
The difference in battery life compared to my Gnex is insane. The first day I got 4 hours of screen time with moderate usage the entire day (few youtube videos, steaming Google music while browsing to work and back). This was with 4g for half of the day when it was available with power saver mode off with 60%+ brightness. The kicker to all of this that I work in an office building that you get absolutely terrible signal in. With my Gnex, with data off without a charger it would easily kill my battery before me leaving. I'm betting that with with this phone I could get 6 hours + screen time easily with heavier usage if I have a good signal. Remember that all of this with me barely using WiFi in a place with terrible reception. I have syncd gmail, facebook messenger always running, Google now activated with location reporting off, GPS on, but falcon widget on manual refresh and blinkfeed off.

Today I'm going to use power saver mode the whole day and see the difference it makes. I lost a little over a percent in 6 hours this past night so looking good so far

Loomba

Had the phone for a few days, couldn't use it fully because I had to switch my old number over....

Been using it yesterday and today and I absolutely love it, it looks and feels fantastic and the speakers and bass are insanely good really.

I thought I'd hate blinkfeed, but I love it. Probably because this is the first phone I have got over 4G, so I can get news out and about.

Really impressed overall though.

You guys hear about this?

Android Headlines featured a story just yesterday about HTC needing to produce timely updates, should they in-fact be “all-in” with their latest lines of mobile devices. Well, it looks as if they may be doing just that, and we have a couple of cases to prove it.

The first case-in-point being one that we don’t know just a whole lot about, but it seems that there is already an update to the HTC One of the United States that has been sent to carriers for approval. This update is said to give users of the just released HTC One in the United States improved battery life and performance, as well as contain audio tweaks and camera fixes. This may not be something that just blows everyone away, but it does seem to point to a renewed vigor in HTC’s update cycle. For this HTC gets our nod of approval.

Secondly, and something that really makes us think that HTC is getting on-the-ball with their update schedule, is that XDA developer Zarboz has made available via XDA-Developers forum, a system dump of Sense 5.1 and Android 4.2.2 for the HTC Butterfly. For those of you that don’t know, the HTC Butterfly is the Verizon Droid DNA’s International twin.

http://androidheadlines.com/2013/05...t-with-renewed-vigor-in-the-update-cycle.html

Tekniqs

Just noticed something on my phone... The top speaker grill is pretty much flush with the screen but the bottom speaker grill is raised slightly.. Like if i rub my finger over it, there's a very noticeable bump up to the grill.... Is this same for everyone? Just wondering if I have a design problem ala gaps and what not

Just noticed something on my phone... The top speaker grill is pretty much flush with the screen but the bottom speaker grill is raised slightly.. Like if i rub my finger over it, there's a very noticeable bump up to the grill.... Is this same for everyone? Just wondering if I have a design problem ala gaps and what not

It's the same for me. I'd imagine it's part of the design and is for support? Random guess tho

Can anyone help me out here?

The icon for the messaging app somehow disappeared from the bottom tray:

htc-one-missing-icon.png

Already took it to Sprint and they were just as baffled as we were.

How do we get it back?

Pimpwerx

Any Miami locs with TMobile here? I started picking up an LTE signal today. I only get 1-3 bars at my apt, but the speed seems to top out at 10M down and up.

Also, that damn speedtest is 15MB per test. I don't think I'll be testing my data speed again until I switch to unlimited data. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

I think when you put an app on your home screen it takes it out of the the app drawer

Not to the home screen. If you copy to the home screen, it should still be there. It disappears if you move an app from the drawer to the favorites bar that's always at the bottom of the screen. That's the only time it should remove an app from there, and that's because the favorites bar is always visible when the app drawer is open. PEACE.

Not to the home screen. If you copy to the home screen, it should still be there. It disappears if you move an app from the drawer to the favorites bar that's always at the bottom of the screen. That's the only time it should remove an app from there, and that's because the favorites bar is always visible when the app drawer is open. PEACE.

Oh yep that's right. My mistake

let me check on my wife's phone...seems like it's in neither location.

Edit: Got it.

Thanks GAFbros!

Time to order a case. I'll be going with the Diztronic Matte Back in Aluminum Gray.

Anyone here have this case? If so, how do you like it and can you post pics?

Hmmm.. I am begining to suspect that blinkfeed drains a lot of data. Used like 400mb in a short amount of time
beginning to suspect? lol. It's pretty much been a forgone conclusion since before it was released.

Set it so it only updates manually or something if you're using it. Don't know if that helps though as I don't use it at all.

I got that exact case!!...its the best TPU case out there. It looks really nice too!

its kinda translucent so you still see the phone...kinda.
Nice! I just placed the order on Amazon. I was cross-shopping a few TPU cases but for the price it seemed like the best one.

Do you have pictures of it installed on your phone?

Top Bottom