• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

I'm disappointed that it doesn't sync with Google Music. That's a big issue for me. Am I missing something there? PEACE.

Google has no exposed APIs for the Google Music cloud that I'm aware of. So only Google Music works with the cloud.

edit: But I guess the unsleeping wizards at XDA are already on it, 2 posts above this one.

excuse my ignorance, but what is ZOE anyhow? I haven't played around with the camera much on my phone

Essentially takes a three second video every time you press the camera button (1 second before you actually pressed it and 2 seconds after) and it then let's you scrub through each individual frame and select the best shot. My particular picture I chose was before I had even snapped the shot.

Essentially takes a three second video every time you press the camera button (1 second before you actually pressed it and 2 seconds after) and it then let's you scrub through each individual frame and select the best shot. My particular picture I chose was before I had even snapped the shot.

This is some scifi level craziness. If you went back 20 years and told them you could take a picture of them before you even pressed a button they would accuse you of sorcery and burn you at the stake.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

jey_16

Banned
My silver model was doing that, only with YouTube videos though for some reason.

Anyway, made the hard decision to swap to black mainly because it looked a bit more complete but both colours are geourgous.

Annoying thing is that the new black one I got has a tiny spec of dust under the screen but not as big as the dust issue i had with my original silver model, I think I'm going to live with it

Looks like I'm going to head to the AT&T store today to exchange it. I can't stand this sound.

Yeah, I'm not getting any pop on mine. That sounds annoying.

Only annoying thing is the screen occasionally does this secondary flash when I switch from the lock screen to the home screen.

The only sound related issue I'm having is Pandora skips. Apparently it's a known issue that has something to do with the 1.29 base. Annoying nonetheless but at least it's a software issue

So I've been looking at cases for this phone and so far the best that I've found is the Incipio Frequency. Not too bulky, but still covers the whole phone. It also isn't hard plastic like the snap on cases, it's sort of a TPU material which is really nice and scratch/fingerprint resistant.

Now I just gotta decide if I should get the translucent gray or the black for my silver HTC One.

Yeah, I'm not getting any pop on mine. That sounds annoying.

Only annoying thing is the screen occasionally does this secondary flash when I switch from the lock screen to the home screen.

Yup, the pop is actually the speaker turning off. I hear it every time I unlock the phone and click on anything on screen. It's like the speaker turns on then off again.

kitch9

Banned
Hmph...just got the phone about 6 hours ago, charged it to 100% and have been playing with it(downloading apps, messing with settings) for less than 2 hours and it's already at 89%...damn.

What are you expecting? An hours screen on time will take around 20% of your battery....

Yup, the pop is actually the speaker turning off. I hear it every time I unlock the phone and click on anything on screen. It's like the speaker turns on then off again.

Most people are having issues popping sound when they play video on YouTube....but not other media. People ate saying it's a software issue.

Nameless

I guess you're right. Yea I have AT&T.

On my last phone shutting off the data would effectively put the phone in airplane mode. On the One, however, shutting off mobile data still allows for texts and calls only. But you won't see that little transmission animation above the 4G logo meaning it's otherwise inactive.

abunai

The battery on this phone is such an upgrade from the Nexus 4. 2 hours of music listening, 1.5 hours 3g web browsing and ~50 sms/whatsapp messages later and it's got 75% left. I highly recommend faux's kernel to anyone who is rooted. The phone sleeps like a baby; loses like 1% over 4 hours.

JaseMath

I asked once before, but it was at the end of a page (much like this one...), but how does the Poetic Atmosphere case stack up? Does it add a lot of bulk? What's the grip like?

I asked once before, but it was at the end of a page (much like this one...), but how does the Poetic Atmosphere case stack up? Does it add a lot of bulk? What's the grip like?

It adds very little bulk to the phone and I'm really liking the feel of it in my hand. Good grip. Only problem is that the top button currently blocks the IR Blaster. You can wait for them to fix it or just cut it off yourself.

Sweet..looks like AT&T will give me an early upgrade to get the HTC One...guys with the AT&T HTC One, how has the process for unlocking the bootloader and rooting the phone been? I saw up there that there was an all in one kit for rooting so that should be easy. Anything else I need to know before hand? The reason I am asking is because I am considering waiting to get the phone unlocked from HTC once I get a job (just graduated). I typically hate getting contracted phones, but as of now I'm a bit short on cash, and I don't see myself leaving AT&T any time soon anyway...

The phone is on its way to my job right now, can't wait!

For those of you who have AT&T, did you get the insurance for this phone?

He told me it was $10 a month with a $200 deductible but that I could call him to cancel it later if I wanted.

zewone

He told me it was $10 a month with a $200 deductible but that I could call him to cancel it later if I wanted.

I decided against the insurance. I figure I'll just buy a Nexus or something if I were to break it instead of paying monthly plus deductible.

Goldrush

Got insurance because you can't replace the battery. Never had a smartphone that didn't see a significant decrease in battery time after a year.

Sweet..looks like AT&T will give me an early upgrade to get the HTC One...guys with the AT&T HTC One, how has the process for unlocking the bootloader and rooting the phone been? I saw up there that there was an all in one kit for rooting so that should be easy. Anything else I need to know before hand? The reason I am asking is because I am considering waiting to get the phone unlocked from HTC once I get a job (just graduated). I typically hate getting contracted phones, but as of now I'm a bit short on cash, and I don't see myself leaving AT&T any time soon anyway...

I used the all in one tool it has been extremely easy

Welp just replaced my old One with a new One and it's still making the same pop noise from the speaker. Figured out what it is though. It only happens when I have the touch sounds turned on whenever you press keys. The sound is the speaker turning off afterwards. Turning off touch sounds makes it go away obviously.

RoKKeR

I'm having HTC Sync Manager troubles. I am only getting maybe half of the music from my U2 and Yellowcard libraries on iTunes, and I can't find half of the content in the Manager. Any ideas as to what this is?

It's... Beautiful.

jkvuT7BnlVno2.jpg

jXKzKvNh5I7lv.jpg

So I got my iPhone back-up and music into the HTC Sync Manager, but none of it is going into my phone. It's still empty.

When I try to sync it goes from 1% to 100% in like 2 seconds and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Somerhing about the drive not installing properly on my computer. I have Windows 7.

This is starting to stress me the hell out.

As I'm trying to transfer the back-up from my iPhone to my HTC One it starts "Transfering" but once it hits 35% it just stays there for a really long time.

I need my phone to be set-up by tonight because I don't have any contacts, pictures, music, texts, nothing.

I haven't even been able to enjoy the phone yet :/

VPhys

Seems high, is it like that for all AT&T phones? Verizon charges seven dollars a month with $100 deductible, LOL that's the first good thing I said about Verizon in a while since they're not even carrying the HTC one.

As I'm trying to transfer the back-up from my iPhone to my HTC One it starts "Transfering" but once it hits 35% it just stays there for a really long time.

I need my phone to be set-up by tonight because I don't have any contacts, pictures, music, texts, nothing.

Very weird. I transferred from an iPhone 4s and it took less than a minute.

Seems high, is it like that for all AT&T phones? Verizon charges seven dollars a month with $100 deductible, LOL that's the first good thing I said about Verizon in a while since they're not even carrying the HTC one.
Yeah it's $199 for all flagship devices (iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC One, etc.).

Very weird. I transferred from an iPhone 4s and it took less than a minute.
Yeah I don't know what's going on. After about 2 hours the "Transferring" has moved from 35% to 37%, that's ridiculous.
I'm going to leave it on all night and hopefully it'll be done by the time I go to work tomorrow.

RoKKeR

Android noob question:

What do you do with downloads? I see them sitting there but don't know how to...activate them? I downloaded a wallpaper...how do I get it out of the download area?

Android noob question:

What do you do with downloads? I see them sitting there but don't know how to...activate them? I downloaded a wallpaper...how do I get it out of the download area?

download EZ File Explore app......this will allow you to see all the folders and files on your device. Everyone new to android should have this app.

look for the folder "Download" to find your wallpaper.

Don't do your media. I don't like how it shows up through the transfer tool. Do that manually. Just transfer your data. It'll be quicker. I had to delete my pics afterward.

RoKKeR

After a day of tinkering:

Still so much to learn, but I'm pretty pleased after the first day. Writing text on GAF is difficult as hell (selecting spaces inbetwern text, copy/pasting, etc.) but I'm getting used to it.

Cipherr

Im furious sitting here on a phone with just a 1280x720 screen. God, I swore I wouldnt buy another phone until later this year though. I need off this nonsense an onto the new crisp displays. Just seeing these gorgeous high res screenshots makes me die inside a little.

Top Bottom