• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

RoKKeR

So, is there really no way for us HTC One users to get a transparent notification bar? I downloaded Super Status Bar and that has a transparent option but it sort of sucks shit.

MattDoza

So, is there really no way for us HTC One users to get a transparent notification bar? I downloaded Super Status Bar and that has a transparent option but it sort of sucks shit.

Always bugs me that both dock and status bar are seen transparent on the lockscreen (stock sense) but not options to actually use.

Always bugs me that both dock and status bar are seen transparent on the lockscreen (stock sense) but not options to actually use.

transparent dock like this? here's my homescreen...

8794637480_7f6ea98df7.jpg

go to xda on the mod section...

My phone still looks like it's brand new. I've been only caseless though for like 2-3 weeks. No drops...yet

I usually go case less when I'm at home or when I'm out at a social place. Another pro of the One is that when I tell girls to put their numbers in my phone, they are at awe on how nice it is, but they don't have an idea what phone it is, they think its expensive.

RoKKeR

Alright, after quite a few hours of work, I finally perfected my homescreen setup.

Using Nova launcher. The cube transition animation between home screens makes for this really awesome 3D cube effect because the screens are symmetrical. Practical, simple, beautiful, I love it.

MattDoza

Ditched stock for ARHD 12.1 tonight... now I can't access Falcon Pro. Even after trying the trick. FML!

Update: Check that, had to update some things. Back up and running!

Asturie

Is there a general consensus on the best rom to use for the Sprint version? Right now I'm using CleanROM and it is just ok, can't get network tethering to work along with a couple of other small things.

MattDoza

Sorry I checked but just found one that also make folder kinda transparent. The mod you are using is that one or just for the dock? Please can you point out which one it is?
Thanks!

The one I found was: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2301444
But I held off on installing it. Didn't see anyone using it on the latest ARHD, so I wasn't so sure if I wanted to find out if it still was/wasn't working. And you're right, there's a second mod without the folder transparency, but the info in the OP is completely deleted. I'm not sure why.

Hey, shinshoryuken, is that the same mod you're using? Which ROM are you currently using with it?

But I held off on installing it. Didn't see anyone using it on the latest ARHD, so I wasn't so sure if I wanted to find out if it still was/wasn't working. And you're right, there's a second mod without the folder transparency, but the info in the OP is completely deleted. I'm not sure why.

Hey, shinshoryuken, is that the same mod you're using? Which ROM are you currently using with it?

Yeah I was using that one but ARHD version just the dock, I was using it for ARHD 12.1.

but i ditch ARHD for CleanROM 4.0 and waiting for dev to do a transparent dock mod.

Knight77

Yeah I was using that one but ARHD version just the dock, I was using it for ARHD 12.1.

but i ditch ARHD for CleanROM 4.0 and waiting for dev to do a transparent dock mod.

Looks like is a classic zip to be flashed via recovery and is dock + folder, how can you get just folder?

Why cleanrom instead of ARHD?

Crazy, I literally was skimming the CleanROM 4.0 thread on XDA this morning. I'm super comfortable with ARHD 12.1, but I was curious to try a different ROM, and Viper hasn't updated to 2.0 yet. How is CleanROM so far?

Looks like is a classic zip to be flashed via recovery and is dock + folder, how can you get just folder?

Why cleanrom instead of ARHD?

There was a link for just dock, can't seem to find it, I did this month's ago..

Crazy, I literally was skimming the CleanROM 4.0 thread on XDA this morning. I'm super comfortable with ARHD 12.1, but I was curious to try a different ROM, and Viper hasn't updated to 2.0 yet. How is CleanROM so far?

Reason for cleanRom instead of arhd is that I had cleanrom for my one x and s3, and it seem to be the most stable and ha e the best battery life for me.
The cleanrom tread is much more easier to browse and Scott actually listen to what people want.

Scott the devoleper of cleanrom was developing for the One when it came out but the S4 community bribed him to develop for them and bought him a unit. So the cleanrom development stopped for the One awhile. But Scott knows what's up and knows the One is a better device, so he's back with the Cleanrom for the one.

So far cleanrom 4.0 is running great.

zewone

This is the 2nd time he has quit and come back to the One.

I will wait until he decides to actually stick around before using one of his ROMs again.

I loved running CleanROM on my One X.

MattDoza

I'm already finding myself wanting to try everything, to find what I like, now that I've left stock. Is Trickdroid much different than ARHD, for those who've used both? Contemplated going to full Google Edition. But I think I'll wait for a 4.3 version, whenever that happens.

EDIT: Oh man, I know there's not any way of knowing with the GE One not having 4.3 yet, but I'm so tempted to do this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2358781 right now.

kinggroin

Banned
ARHD? You guys may as well stay stock, cause that ROM is wack.

Go with either Viper or RGUI. Seriously. Come back in here and thank me.

Knight77

ARHD? You guys may as well stay stock, cause that ROM is wack.

Go with either Viper or RGUI. Seriously. Come back in here and thank me.

Mah I have seen a lot of possible customizations but what I do not want is to have a Rom that to put more tweaks, customizations and other stuff finish to be bad on battery, not stable or go too far from the original experience.
Based on that would you still suggest me Viper or RGUI? And why ARHD in your opinion is bad?

Knight77

Intersting: I found the mod but it makes app bar down transparent but reverse the notification bar (the one with the clock) back to black...damn! Is there a way to have both? :-D

Update: maybe... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=43047754&postcount=122

Ok so this is coming out on Verizon soon and I'm really tempted to get it.

how is Sense? I'm usually a stock Android kind of guy but I noticed that Verizon locks the bootloader...

zewone

Ok so this is coming out on Verizon soon and I'm really tempted to get it.

how is Sense? I'm usually a stock Android kind of guy but I noticed that Verizon locks the bootloader...

Sense 5 is awesome. Superior to stock in many ways and a bit prettier to look at.

Sun Drugs

My phone has been "downloading" a ~230MB update for hours, though it is stuck at 22%. I'm on AT&T. Is everyone else on AT&T still on 4.1.2? I haven't kept up with the updates at all.

Volotaire

Yhe this is bullshit. Realised in the UK the S4 only has 16gb model, and because I'm not planning to root anytime soon, that means 7-8gb for apps. What the fck is that about? That's straight off my list.

At least the HTC ditched 16gb.

Top Bottom