• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

12.0 already? What do I need to do to go from 11.5 to 12.0? Just download the rom and install it?

That's what I did and it restores the lte option. I didn't wipe anything.

What I'm not sure about is updating firmware to 2.24.401.1. That has some improvements for Radio/Zoe/WiFi etc apparently. I found a link to a version that doesn't require me to do a wipe but not sure how to proceed from there.

What I'm not sure about is updating firmware to 2.24.401.1. That has some improvements for Radio/Zoe/WiFi etc apparently. I found a link to a version that doesn't require me to do a wipe but not sure how to proceed from there.

ARHD 12 is already on 2.24.401.1

ARHD 12 is already on 2.24.401.1

So I don't need to do anything else?

I was reading the XDA forums and everyone seems to be flashing 2.24.401.1 separately. That's why I'm so confused. If ARHD 12 already covers it I don't need to worry about anything.

I have noticed that I no longer get LTE at home. I was getting one bar at my mother's place yesterday night, but at home, nothing. I'm down in a valley of sorts and my LTE connection has always been shitty here so I'm wondering if the new firmware is just not bothering to connect LTE on such a weak connection.

Also, my developer options menu is gone. Not sure if that is supposed to happen with this rom.

So I don't need to do anything else?

I was reading the XDA forums and everyone seems to be flashing 2.24.401.1 separately. That's why I'm so confused. If ARHD 12 already covers it I don't need to worry about anything.

I have noticed that I no longer get LTE at home. I was getting one bar at my mother's place yesterday night, but at home, nothing. I'm down in a valley of sorts and my LTE connection has always been shitty here so I'm wondering if the new firmware is just not bothering to connect LTE on such a weak connection.

Also, my developer options menu is gone. Not sure if that is supposed to happen with this rom.

The bar that indicates LTE might not be accurate?

You can get the developers options by keeping pressing the buildnumber. Its under setting >about >software version >more >build number....then just keep pressing it.

The bar that indicates LTE might not be accurate?

You can get the developers options by keeping pressing the buildnumber. Its under setting >about >software version >more >build number....then just keep pressing it.

Thanks for all your help.

I'll do a few speed tests to see if the bar is accurate. Browsing seems fine. I spend most of my time on neogaf anyways.

GE ROM makes the One gimp anyways. PLUS The sense 5 browser is superior to the garbage chrome browser that stock has....

I decided to start using the sense 5 browser when I upped to 4.2.2 yesterday and I'm surprised at how good it is. I think, in part, it's also responsible for the superior battery life I'm experiencing. Chrome was a real guzzler.

I decided to start using the sense 5 browser when I upped to 4.2.2 yesterday and I'm surprised at how good it is. I think, in part, it's also responsible for the superior battery life I'm experiencing. Chrome was a real guzzler.

Chrome cant even rendered website properly and its so choppy ....its complete garbage. And its the stock browser for vanilla android....

markot

Banned
Ive seen quite a few regular people types in the public with this phone.

Not even nerds!

Is it weird that when I see someone on a phone in public I check the type >.>?

So yea, your instinct is correct. You can use ARHD 12 with your current firmware, but it supposedly works better with updated firmware that HTC is starting to roll out OTA. Said firmware is NOT built-in; it needs to be flashed separately. After confirming a few times in the ARHD thread, I basically use Revone to S-OFF my phone, then give it a new SuperCID, and then flashed the new firmware.

I got S-OFF by following the instructions in this post. Revone succeeded on the first try, so I only rebooted a couple of times when requested. No "reboot and try again" like it's implied.

I then flashed the firmware using the instructions from this post. BUT, I did NOT use the firmware zip he linked to. I used THIS FIRMWARE instead; Electronic Punk removed recovery & boot, and he also added the SuperCID of 11111111. I had a mild panic when, during the "fastboot flash zip" part in the OEM Mode (where it's a black screen with the HTC logo), it said it couldn't do something, but I followed the instructions and told it to "fastboot flash zip" again, and it went through.

Now I'm using ARHD 12 with the latest HTC firmware on an S-OFF phone. Yeesh!

I've been using Dolphin browser for the past month and really liked it. Yesterday I installed Habit after reading someone suggest it and wow it feels so much faster. Really loving the quick menu things and flicking to change tabs. I just wish it could auto size the text on page to fit the screen like the stock Sense browser.

Also did S-OFF finally and removed tampered and flashed a custom splash screen. Installed the latest firmware running InsertCoin with the TeamSeven kernel. This phone and the community really is amazing.

So yea, your instinct is correct. You can use ARHD 12 with your current firmware, but it supposedly works better with updated firmware that HTC is starting to roll out OTA. Said firmware is NOT built-in; it needs to be flashed separately. After confirming a few times in the ARHD thread, I basically use Revone to S-OFF my phone, then give it a new SuperCID, and then flashed the new firmware.

I got S-OFF by following the instructions in this post. Revone succeeded on the first try, so I only rebooted a couple of times when requested. No "reboot and try again" like it's implied.

I then flashed the firmware using the instructions from this post. BUT, I did NOT use the firmware zip he linked to. I used THIS FIRMWARE instead; Electronic Punk removed recovery & boot, and he also added the SuperCID of 11111111. I had a mild panic when, during the "fastboot flash zip" part in the OEM Mode (where it's a black screen with the HTC logo), it said it couldn't do something, but I followed the instructions and told it to "fastboot flash zip" again, and it went through.

changed the firmware too.....but don't notice anything different at all...so i don't think its a big deal

kinggroin

Banned
Just a heads up for ROM flashing virgins.

Moving from a 4.1 based ROM to a 4.2 based one, will usually cause your simlinks to be invalid thus creadirectory ting the appearance that all your data is gone (like what happened to Marty Chinn).

It's not.

New simlinks are created in 4.2 that point to a different location. So, use a file manager with root access and navigate to datamedia at the root directory and you will see two three folders:

Legacy
Inn

Old shit is in legacy, which you'll want to move unto the new simlink directory, 0.

Going back to a 4.1 Rom may mean doing the reverse.

Thanks. Does going s-off with those instructions require a wipe?

Volotaire

Thanks. Does going s-off with those instructions require a wipe?

No wipe. I asked two or three times at XDA before I did it. I dunno about moonshine's method, but going S-OFF with Revone didn't wipe my data. I also specifically got the firmware that didn't wipe data as well.

I think if you do the "temporarily relock bootloader then flash firmware" method, that wipes. Which got me wary, and why I confirmed a few times in XDA like a worrywart first. I also wrote down my original CID before changing it to 11111111. And backed up all data, nandroids, and whatever to my PC. And took a deep breath.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-o...-walkthrough?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/6/44...te-kills-the-awful-menu-bar-adds-instagram-to

4.2.2 Features Update

-No Menu Bar
-Instagram is added to Blinkfeed
-support Daydream screensaver,
-quick settings toggles,
-lock screen widgets ( limited to only one at a time)
-update also moves the power saver option out of the notification bar
-makes screenshots instantly shareable
-adds new Highlights video templates

when can I update my wife's phone with this?

Everdred

The full HTC GE rom is on xda now, the guy claims his rom will be able to get Google Updates, I've updated to that with rumors of 4.3 coming out soon.

Achtius

They will. The phone always makes a highlight video based on a day a picture or set of pictures is taken. To change it run the video and press the menu button to change selection of photos.

I did bit unselected ones still managed to get in .

Also for some reason all my contacts lost their profile picture

Has anyone here gone from an S3 to an HTC One? I really love my phone but I do have an upgrade available and the One is gorgeous looking. The last HTC phone I had was the Eris back in '09 and I liked it a lot.

Has anyone here gone from an S3 to an HTC One? I really love my phone but I do have an upgrade available and the One is gorgeous looking. The last HTC phone I had was the Eris back in '09 and I liked it a lot.

I had the s3, the One is a a huge improvement in terms of screen, performance and battery life. Also Sense 5 is a breath of fresh air.

Stick with your S3 man if you're happy with. This trend of updating phones because you can is pretty ridiculous.

Oyashiro

Like the other guy said, I also went from a GS3 to the One and I think it was a good move. Better battery life, better screen, the phone feels WAY more premium than the cheap S3 plastic, it's easier to hold, and Sense 5 is pretty good. The only thing I miss from the GS3 is the camera. The One camera isn't bad, and is actually pretty decent at night, but daytime shots are pretty crap compared to the GS3 (even moreso the GS4).

HildyB

I had an S3 to a Nexus 4 (liked the S3 more honestly, but at the time was addicted to having the latest greatest OS), then used an iPhone 4 till my HTC One arrived. I love this phone, but there is nothing wrong with the S3. I looked at the feature sets of the S4 and One and the One with Blinkfeed and Zoe/Highlights are what won me over. I didn't use any of the features the Galaxy S3 had, I actually disabled them to get about 20% more battery, so the S4 didn't appeal to me much more.. although I do like the Active.

I would look at the features of each one, Sense 5 and Touchwiz and see which suits your usage best. I love using the camera indoors and with still life, so the One was an easy choice for me.

So I'm really liking the battery life on ARHD. Had it off the charger since like 2am and had fell asleep with music playing through headphones. It's 4pm now and it's now about to deplete it's battery. I think this one is a keeper for now.

My only gripe with this phone is that the power button is a little hard to push. I don't know if it is just my phone or a design flaw. I have seen that people were having trouble in youtube videos but I didn't think nothing of it at the time until I got my hands on the thing.

MattDoza

My only gripe with this phone is that the power button is a little hard to push. I don't know if it is just my phone or a design flaw. I have seen that people were having trouble in youtube videos but I didn't think nothing of it at the time until I got my hands on the thing.

The power button is just flush. The flex on it is real low.

ravien56

The big 3 romss for the One are ARHD, trickdroid and ViperOne.

I was able to get 6 hours screen time with ARHD which is amazing.

Have you used arhd with stock android? I recently rooted and I'm running just stock android but I'm not liking it too much due to the lack of a power saver mode. On stock sense with power saver mode on, I would get 2 days use out of the phone, now I have to charge it daily, which is fine as it runs till the end of the night with 40% battery. I do prefer stock use over sense, however I'm not sure how ARHD with stock 4.2 runs on the one, and if it has great battery life.

Have you used arhd with stock android? I recently rooted and I'm running just stock android but I'm not liking it too much due to the lack of a power saver mode. On stock sense with power saver mode on, I would get 2 days use out of the phone, now I have to charge it daily, which is fine as it runs till the end of the night with 40% battery. I do prefer stock use over sense, however I'm not sure how ARHD with stock 4.2 runs on the one, and if it has great battery life.

I used another stock rom...didn't like it at all. Stock has chrome as the default browser which is joke of a browser. The battery life wasn't any better, seem worst actually. Its hard to go back to stock when sense 5 with 4.2.2 is so great.

Top Bottom