• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

projectmayhem

Neo Member
What browser are you gguys using? I'm using UC at the moment but I get problems when I'm typing using SwiftKey, like spaces between words disappearing, and if I try to type in a new paragraph each word will jump to the start of the whole post :/

I've tried every other browser but I find problems with every one of them like images not loading and videos not playing, or sites not loading at all.

MattDoza

What browser are you gguys using? I'm using UC at the moment but I get problems when I'm typing using SwiftKey, like spaces between words disappearing, and if I try to type in a new paragraph each word will jump to the start of the whole post :/

I've tried every other browser but I find problems with every one of them like images not loading and videos not playing, or sites not loading at all.

Chrome and Firefox are the only two I've tried. Firefox was a nightmare for editing any text. Chrome has been alright for me.

I got that HTC email about the $25 GC too. A few short weeks, my ass. It's going to be another month or two.

Tried all of them, and sense stock browser is still the best, while chrome being the worst.

nexusae0_2013-08-13-14_16_35-HTC-One-_-Learn-more-about-the-HTC-One-on-Verizon-Wireless-Verizon-Wireles1.png

WHY THAT GIGANTIC LOGO VERIZON?

LATER THIS SUMMER?

June 3rd:

It’s coming – the HTC One will be available on the #Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network later this summer #HTCOne @HTCUSA

How long does the screen stay on once you get a notification? This seems like a battery killer.

You can choose that actually. I have it myself. However it doesn't show any body of the message like it's supposed to. Just who sent it. The latest update says they fixed if for the Galaxy line and the One, but it didn't. I'd assume it's upcoming.

Works exactly like the Moto X.

You can choose that actually. I have it myself. However it doesn't show any body of the message like it's supposed to. Just who sent it. The latest update says they fixed if for the Galaxy line and the One, but it didn't. I'd assume it's upcoming.

Works exactly like the Moto X.

I checked the setting and it said it was the same as my default setting, but I watched my phone stay on for like four minutes and the screen never shut off. It was just sitting on my desk when it happened. Must be a bug, but still unusable if it's going to kill my battery. It's interesting though.

Knight77

I checked the setting and it said it was the same as my default setting, but I watched my phone stay on for like four minutes and the screen never shut off. It was just sitting on my desk when it happened. Must be a bug, but still unusable if it's going to kill my battery. It's interesting though.

I have it with "default timing" or whatever is called and after a while it turn off the sceen.

zewone

The whole point of Active Notifications is to save battery since we mostly unlock our screens to see the time and notifications. Without a AMOLED screen, the One uses SLCD, this will actually consume just as much battery as unlocking your phone.

The whole point of Active Notifications is to save battery since we mostly unlock our screens to see the time and notifications. Without a AMOLED screen, the One uses SLCD, this will actually consume just as much battery as unlocking your phone.

Thats not true at all, for one it uses a user chosen brightness as low as 1 to show the notification, meaning it uses less power than unlocking the device and having it run at its regular brightness, and two, seeing as the device itself is still technically still locked, a lot of the stuff isn't actually running.

hoverX

I have a dlna compatible stereo reciever. What can I use to stream music from my phone to that device?

Edit: figured out how to do it from the built in music player. It tells me this device can't play audio of that type. It's an m4a file (i think). Only mp3 i guess?

Editx2: looks like it will only play files that weren't "identified" by iTunes Match. Anything that it was unable to match is playable....

eznark

Banned
Jesus Cincinnati Bell has been selling this thing for months?? I should have just bought it from them. Nick Lachey would have been so proud.

reKon

Banned
That would be nice to have WiFi calling with 4.3. I wonder if this will happen before the KLP makes it's appearance. If there's not even a t mobile baseline 4.2.2 that would be sad...

I know I always have the option to flash another rom, but I really enjoy WiFi calling and texting

Volotaire

That thing looks ridiculous.

What would be the res on that thing or they just going to stick at 1080p screen on there. If they upped the res, kept the high ppi I would be really tempted to trade up.

A higher res is really unnecessary. 1080p would suffice fine. Unless you have some insane vision.

Yes it will be 1080p btw.

I'm disappointed by the height, I thought they could have made it nearer the original One, looks lie it may be too large for me. Frustrated that they didn't target nearer a 5.5 inch screen like the Note 3 will (5.7 inch)

zewone

Wow, took off my case yesterday and...feels like sex in my hand. Should've done this a while ago, hnnnng.

I've been case-less for the week because a girl dropped my phone at a party last week and cracked my case (phone was fine).

It does feel great, but after that shit, I went ahead and ordered 5 more cases to swap in and out.

VPhys

I've been case-less for the week because a girl dropped my phone at a party last week and cracked my case (phone was fine).

It does feel great, but after that shit, I went ahead and ordered 5 more cases to swap in and out.

What's the point of a nice all metal phone if you are just going to wrap it in a plastic case.

zewone

Actually linked to a different one. Updated. Any of those .03mm cases are about that same except mine doesn't have any logos.

Field

Is there any way to turn off the lights on the Home and Back buttons? I find it very annoying that they are constantly lit while watching a video or reading a book, especially in the dark with low brightness. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Top Bottom