• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

eznark

Banned
Only a rumor at this point (September is still possible) Verizon's pissed they weren't allowed to put their logo on it.

I think if it gets pushed into September I'll probably just wait and see what the new Nexus phone is and the new iPhone.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
What the hell is taking 4.2.2 so long to release? I swear to God. Every time I buy a great new phone I never get another update for its firmware, meanwhile all other phones and models do.

When I switch to that model that is frequently updated...things go wrong.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
What the hell is taking 4.2.2 so long to release? I swear to God. Every time I buy a great new phone I never get another update for its firmware, meanwhile all other phones and models do.

This is the risk you take when you go HTC, unfortunately.

I think if it gets pushed into September I'll probably just wait and see what the new Nexus phone is and the new iPhone.

I'm in the same boat but I'm trying to go away from iOS. And I'll die from a heart attack if Verizon gets the new nexus. But with the n7 having verizon lte on it anythings possible.

This is the risk you take when you go HTC, unfortunately.

Fixed that for you.

If he went google play he'd have 4.3!

If he went google play he'd have 4.3!

Well I got a 64gig Att version and I can turn mine into a Google play edition complete with working OTA update.

Or flash a Rom that allows me to switch from sen use to GE or vice versa on the fly.

The One is very developer friendly.

FeD.nL

So i've had a Lumia 920 for three months now and i've absolutely had it with that phone. Now i'm looking for a new phone and the choice comes down to the HTC one or an Iphone 5. Before my Lumia I had a Desire HD which was great. But recently I started using my Ipad more, as in spending to much money on apps, and I kinda want to get the most out of the money spent. I do love the camera on the Lumia and I take alot of pictures/videos with my phone. Now I would choose the One probably of my good experience with android and HTC, i've never had an Iphone before though I do have an Ipad. Can anyone give me some advice on their usage of the One, the camera and just how you thing the UI handles? Thanks in advance.

Knight77

So i've had a Lumia 920 for three months now and i've absolutely had it with that phone. Now i'm looking for a new phone and the choice comes down to the HTC one or an Iphone 5. Before my Lumia I had a Desire HD which was great. But recently I started using my Ipad more, as in spending to much money on apps, and I kinda want to get the most out of the money spent. I do love the camera on the Lumia and I take alot of pictures/videos with my phone. Now I would choose the One probably of my good experience with android and HTC, i've never had an Iphone before though I do have an Ipad. Can anyone give me some advice on their usage of the One, the camera and just how you thing the UI handles? Thanks in advance.

Ok first of all I tell you about a close friend of mine who had Android HTC One X, then passed to iPhone 5 and now has the HTC One: in his opinion HTC One is a better device. Things he liked most is the screen, compared to iPhone you see the difference, maybe not much in resolution (I could see it) but as dimension anyway in a adeguate size. He loves the Blinkfeed and the Zoe and generally the UI. iPhone 5 is light, very light, but the problem is that iOS is the same old thing, the new notifications won't change that much and anyway the iteraction with them is less than what you can have with Android, plus the fact that in 2013 with the use you have of internet and other applications to me 4.5 is the minimum size, with 5" the extreme. In this 4.7" of One are the right spot. His consideration but also mine.

My opinion as a HTC One user... well I was doubtful about the camera but after I could use it for good in a short trip I had in Netherland I was really surprised: great quality and great performace in lowlight. Another thing I like is the audio quality of the video recording. About this I just made "public" a video in my G+, count that this is the recording I did when I did not set anything yet, just using video recording function for the first time: https://plus.google.com/u/0/103627051474786055376/posts/chWqXaKvHb5
I suggest you to choose the resolution and set it to at least 720 :)
A part this honestly I think that right now this is the best phone you can get. Materials, functions and system, or at least the best compromise between those aspects.

Gallbaro

Banned
Just got one, too much crap on stock so I am installed Cyangenmod.

-Way too much crap. Home screen with non removable social media widgets! I don't have friends!

Just got one, too much crap on stock so I am installed Cyangenmod.

-Way too much crap. Home screen with non removable social media widgets! I don't have friends!

No removable social media on the home screen? Wtf. Are you talking about blinkfeed? If so just make another homescreen.

Knight77

About the camera: tried to take some other picture. Well I can see some "noise" but on the cellphone just look terribly different: oversatured so much it amplify all the noise. Why? Is because some ROM tweak or setting?

By the way does anyone has a link to the old ARHD 10.3? I would like to run some test since with that I had no speaker popping problem but with 12.1 and 12.2 yes....

Thanks

So I can use the cleanrom? Even if is under AT&T? I saw that now is based on international few but was not sure about compatibility. Any particular thing I need to be aware when installing it or just like the other ROM?

I have an the Att version, I been flashing international rom with no issues. Its been said countless of time in xda that all gsm models roms are compatible with each other.

I suggest to try it out, ..can't hurt.

With overclocked kernal the phone is super snappy.

btrboyev

Anyone else's camera lens cover get cracked? I have a case on my phone and it's never once been dropped. Luckily the cracks are not over the actual camera yet.

This seems to be a common issue going by Google searches.

Knight77

I have an the Att version, I been flashing international rom with no issues. Its been said countless of time in xda that all gsm models roms are compatible with each other.

I suggest to try it out, ..can't hurt.

With overclocked kernal the phone is super snappy.

Great advice my friend: in the topic of the Rom I found a great ROM (suggested to EVERYONE) and a great little community.

thank you Shinshoryuken !

eznark

Banned
Welp, considering Verizon keeps pushing this back and now the new iPhone will be announced like a week after, I guess the window has closed, HTC. Well done!

Welp, considering Verizon keeps pushing this back and now the new iPhone will be announced like a week after, I guess the window has closed, HTC. Well done!

I just can't stick with iOS. I have regretted it for 2 years. I'm on beta now and it's not better.

I'll still get my one, maybe moto x if I like it in person.

Talon

I just can't stick with iOS. I have regretted it for 2 years. I'm on beta now and it's not better.

I don't think we'll be able to tell with beta. The biggest deal, IMO - the multitasking hooks -won't really shine until all the major apps are relaunched come September.

zewone

I don't think we'll be able to tell with beta. The biggest deal, IMO - the multitasking hooks -won't really shine until all the major apps are relaunched come September.

You think the biggest selling point of an OS is it's multitasking?

eznark

Banned

Yeah, I really, really want to switch but I also don't want an inferior phone. I need the best!

I don't see that really changing much of the experience.

Yeah, I really, really want to switch but I also don't want an inferior phone. I need the best!

I'm willing to get ripped off by Verizon's new upgrade program to change in 6 months.

HildyB

I still a little bummed I'm on a US Unlocked and still waiting for the 4.2.2 update so my Zoe's will stop flooding my Dropbox... I will forgive them if we get 4.3 first and instead though :p

VoxPop

nexusae0_2013-08-13-14_16_35-HTC-One-_-Learn-more-about-the-HTC-One-on-Verizon-Wireless-Verizon-Wireles1.png

WHY THAT GIGANTIC LOGO VERIZON?

Great advice my friend: in the topic of the Rom I found a great ROM (suggested to EVERYONE) and a great little community.

thank you Shinshoryuken !

No problem.

Glad you like the cleanrom. Like I've been saying, it's not only a great Rom, but the community is also great. Scott actually takes time to answer questions and feed backs.

Top Bottom