• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

Oyashiro

What ROM do you guys use (if any)? So far, I've tried ARHD and TrickDroid. TrickDroid wasn't as smooth as ARHD. I also felt that a lot of their tweaks could be had with xposed mods. ARHD is pretty stable and fast, but it doesn't really offer anything new.

zewone

What ROM do you guys use (if any)? So far, I've tried ARHD and TrickDroid. TrickDroid wasn't as smooth as ARHD. I also felt that a lot of their tweaks could be had with xposed mods. ARHD is pretty stable and fast, but it doesn't really offer anything new.

Currently I'm using ARHD w/ a custom System UI I installed from the Google Edition ROM.

I enjoy using Sense more than AOSP, but the status bar is an eye sore on Sense.

This is the best of both worlds for me.

4xwzSUv.png

Currently I'm using ARHD w/ a custom System UI I installed from the Google Edition ROM.

I enjoy using Sense more than AOSP, but the status bar is an eye sore on Sense.

This is the best of both worlds for me.

really??

I like the semitransparent of Sense much better. Never was a fan on the Tron-like theme.

VoxPop

I dig the semitransparent, but the icons and color killed it for me. Especially the battery icon.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Not a big fan of the tron blue either though. I wish there was a tweak to change the notification bar to our liking.

Flink

Just got an HTC One. Amazing phone in most aspects, but the power button is making me hate it and regretting my purchase. Are there any cases that someone can name/link me to that make it easier to press? It's far to mesh with the device, and I cannot see myself dealing with this for 2+ yrs.

Talon

Everytime I use this device on the floor at a store, I wish the button was at least on the right side of the device.

Just got an HTC One. Amazing phone in most aspects, but the power button is making me hate it and regretting my purchase. Are there any cases that someone can name/link me to that make it easier to press? It's far to mesh with the device, and I cannot see myself dealing with this for 2+ yrs.
you should be pressing it with your index finger while holding it with your pinky/ring/middle finger gripping the left and thumb around the right side of the device. That's assuming you hold it with your right hand. You really do get used to it.

Flink

you should be pressing it with your index finger while holding it with your pinky/ring/middle finger gripping the left and thumb around the right side of the device. That's assuming you hold it with your right hand. You really do get used to it.

I'm a lefty :( It's not even the placement that bothers me, it's just that it's too close to the device. After some research I found a case that some say help with the issue. Hopefully it works out because everything else is wonderful!

Any advice on a good and somewhat cheap gaming controller that works swell with emus?

finally got the android 4.2 update and i can't for the life of me figure out how to arrange the quick settings panel.

I just went back to Power Toggles. Quicker access from the notification tray and easier to customize. I kinda miss having the settings in the upper right now though.

Joonytoon

I flashed the stock recovery and initiated the update. It tries to update before freezing at 33% or so. Any one have any idea why that happens?

antipod

I've had the official OTA 4.2.2 for 1,5 week now. Sweden.

Though two days ago I forgot my phone in my bathing shorts... and let's make it clear, doesn't like taking a swim. :/

Luckily I bought an insurance for it.

Okay, so 4.2 removes the virtual menu button, but now how am I supposed to know if an app has functionality for a menu button? It seems like the OS is poorly designed on this front.

The smart thing to do would've been to have the overflow button *always* appear and have any menu key open that menu. But for whatever reason, Google decided the behaviour should be to hide the button instead.

A lot of apps are finally getting rid of the legacy menu button anyways *coughfacebook* so I think the default HTC One menu key setting should be more bearable now IMO.

Husker86

The smart thing to do would've been to have the overflow button *always* appear and have any menu key open that menu. But for whatever reason, Google decided the behaviour should be to hide the button instead.

A lot of apps are finally getting rid of the legacy menu button anyways *coughfacebook* so I think the default HTC One menu key setting should be more bearable now IMO.

This so much. I have an S4 and came from a Nexus 4 and I really hate how the overflow button disappears in Chrome just because my phone has a menu button. How else do they expect peoples' brains to make the transition if they hide it? Redundancy isn't always a bad thing.

That's why I said it was the OS being poorly designed, not the fault of HTC. I don't even understand why it exists in this fashion.

i've been saying this for over a year. Google shifted from menu button to overflow in the shittiest fucking way possible and then people blame devs being lazy, companies like HTC for apps having a software menu button and companies like Samsung for living in the past with a hardware menu button when Google is who fucked everything up by changing things and only going halfway.

I began following xda's tutorial to root for beginners and already have adware blasting my computer thanks to downloading their recommended adb/fastboot files. Tell me there's an easier way.

That's weird. I barely have anything pop up for adware. Are you sure you're clicking the right links? Sometimes, host websites have tons of fake "download" links which are really ads so that you fall traps. Just be extremely careful where you click.

That's weird. I barely have anything pop up for adware. Are you sure you're clicking the right links? Sometimes, host websites have tons of fake "download" links which are really ads so that you fall traps. Just be extremely careful where you click.

Yeah...I think he clicked and downloaded the wrong link...

Mononoke

Banned
I bought thIs phone 2 weeks ago and it's without a doubt the best phone I've ever owned. I'm just running it stock os though and have never flashed an Android device before. Although I have jailbroken an iPhone before.

Milly79

Hopefully someone can shed some light here... My One has recently stopped working on T-Mobile 4g. It only uploads (I'd assume that's what the up arrow is for), if I switch it to 2g, it functions fine.

HTC One Mini announced:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/18/4530946/htc-one-mini-specs-release-date-price

Pretty solid for those wanting the One experience with a cheaper entry price.

I like how they clam "no compromises" and then you get this long list of differences. I'm not even sure what the point is. It can't be price since you can get one for $99 pretty easily these days. I'm not even sure you can say it's the size when it looks not that much smaller than the One.

VoxPop

So the volume on my One has gotten noticeably lower since updating to 4.2.2. Is there a workaround to make it louder again?

VoxPop

enable beats? *ducks*

:[

Also, I know it's a bit early but what does everyone want updated in the HTC Two™?

For me..

1. Bigger, badder LED light with multiple colors. Probably the only thing I loved about the Galaxy Nexus

2. Updated camera with higher UP/MP count

3. On screen keys. As much as I love the capacitive keys, I would love on screen ones if they could keep the screen real estate the same.

4. Better customization options in Sense ala Nova/Apex. I doubt this will happen though.

5. Already beautiful but an updated non curved back would be superb.

6. Stylus support

eznark

Banned
Any word on if this is actually coming to Verizon this week? Seems fucking weird that they haven't said a word about it if so.

reKon

Banned

Also, I know it's a bit early but what does everyone want updated in the HTC Two™?

For me..

1. Bigger, badder LED light with multiple colors. Probably the only thing I loved about the Galaxy Nexus

3. On screen keys. As much as I love the capacitive keys, I would love on screen ones if they could keep the screen real estate the same.

4. Better customization options in Sense ala Nova/Apex. I doubt this will happen though.

6. Stylus support

Everything you said except for 6. I'd also like to see it slim down in width, length, and height while having maintaining a similar screen size or go up to 5 inches at most. I also would want at least a 2500 mAH battery.

Volotaire

For me..

6. Stylus support

Sounds like a HTC One Max. Coming this Autumn :)

Except for 3 and 5

Talon

Any word on if this is actually coming to Verizon this week? Seems fucking weird that they haven't said a word about it if so.
The channel inventory leaks say August 1st.

Verizon is Verizon. They dump all their ad dollars for the holiday season.

VoxPop

I'm planning on getting this in a few days. Just one question. Black or silver?

At first I really wanted black but it wasn't available when I was getting mine. I ended up getting the silver but after seeing my friend's black one, I don't regret getting silver one bit. The black one just looks so bland for some reason. Still looks nice though.

Top Bottom