• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

Walked into VZW store

"I want the HTC one on Edge"
"whats your info?"
*gives info*
"You can't do the Edge program until October 27th after your contract is fully up, we could get you one for $200 with a new two year contract though"
"No thank you" I walk out.

I drive home, go online and place my order for it on Edge. Thanks guy!

I know its a huge rip off and all so you don't have to tell me but it's worth it for me to upgrade every 6 months. In 6 months I can pay the full $600 and resell it myself if I don't like it.

FZZ

Banned
So I ordered mine from Amazon two days ago and the expected arrival date is September 18th, is there any reason why it's gonna take so long?

You made the right choice Cuevas this thing is fucking bad ass

TBH I wanted this but I am not waiting 3-4 months for Verizon to get motomaker. I know I'll be satisfied for a while though.

FLpsYBH.png

eznark

Banned
That phone seems like shit.

I finally have an HTC One complaint. The alarm doesn't go quiet enough! It's so god damned loud.

Leezard

Is it more granular that the just using the side button? Because one notch above silent is still loud as fuuuuuuuuck.

Can you even lower the alarm sound with the side button? Call volume and Alarm volume are separate. I think that if you go into the sound settings you will see you have alarm volume on full.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, when you are setting an alarm the side button controls the alarm volume. I have it on one notch above silent. These awesome speakers are too damn loud! I guess that's one benefit of the shitty iphone speakers, they never got loud enough to wake up my wife.

eznark

Banned
I'm on 4.2.2. I definitely don't want the overall volume lowered however. I think my solution tonight will be to just leave it on vibrate. It seems like it vibrates pretty vigorously so that should wake me up just fine.

So, after only about 3 days of rooting knowledge (i.e. looking at XDA), i'm now managed to get S-OFF, superCID and flash the latest 4.3 firmware.

Now i'm downloading ARHD 20.0 ROM with Android 4.3. The last step before i'm fully up to date.

My heart is pumping fast lol No issues so far though.

Besides SirMossyBloke, anyone else jump into a 4.3 Sense ROM? ARHD 20, Trickdroid 10, InsertCoin 3.2-2, MaximusHD 12.1.0 or CleanROM XE 1.0? I'm fine with CleanROM 5.2, and debating LIVING DANGEROUSLY by possibly dirty-flashing to CleanROM XE (even though it'd be going from 4.2.2 to 4.3. LIVING DANGEROUS).

Besides SirMossyBloke, anyone else jump into a 4.3 Sense ROM? ARHD 20, Trickdroid 10, InsertCoin 3.2-2, MaximusHD 12.1.0 or CleanROM XE 1.0? I'm fine with CleanROM 5.2, and debating LIVING DANGEROUSLY by possibly dirty-flashing to CleanROM XE (even though it'd be going from 4.2.2 to 4.3. LIVING DANGEROUS).

I don't know much about flashing, but what I seem to read is dirty flashing is very bloody risky lol

My new ROM doesn't have an LTE symbol, it's been replaced by 4G instead. Of all the things to change this is not one i'd like. I HATE referring to LTE as 4G. Small price to pay though.

This rom is fast!

I'm on 4.3 cleanrom. ...didn't dirty flash...cause it's a new base. When a cleanrom xe become cleanrom 6, I should be able to dirty flash again.

I'm just lazy and I have my app drawer and everything set up a certain way. Rather than either only app data and redownload some apps, or back up all the apps and then restore them, I was hoping to just flash stuff on top and keep everything hunky-dory, heh.

Making a nandroid, and if my phone starts flipping out after dirty flash, then I'll either wipe and flash clean, or restore the nandroid.

Edit: I just remembered how crazy 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 was. Just gonna Helium my apps and restore them after a clean wipe/flash.

Tekniqs

Hey, i'm considering doing the S-OFF thing and I checked XDA on how to do it. Seems straight forward (but hit and miss apparently) aside from one thing. It says if my phone is unlocked and rooted I have to "switch to root using su"

What does that mean?

my phone turned out to be a "miss". Can't get S-Off when I attempted it. Has there been any headway/improvements?

my phone turned out to be a "miss". Can't get S-Off when I attempted it. Has there been any headway/improvements?

Do you know your hboot number? If it's 1.54 then you can't at this point. If you're 1.44 then it's definitely possible. Let me know and I'll post the guide I used. Made it extremely easy.

FZZ

Banned
Alright so Amazon emailed me and said my order should now arrive September 5th, which is a lot earlier than the 18th that they estimated. I still don't know why it was an issue before, maybe it was a stocking problem.

Anyways I'm eagerly awaiting to get my phone and join the rest of you in seeing how good the phone really is.

I'm just lazy and I have my app drawer and everything set up a certain way. Rather than either only app data and redownload some apps, or back up all the apps and then restore them, I was hoping to just flash stuff on top and keep everything hunky-dory, heh.

Making a nandroid, and if my phone starts flipping out after dirty flash, then I'll either wipe and flash clean, or restore the nandroid.

Ok once again ...i shall drop knowledge!! LOL
I've flash and wipe enough time to make restoring efficient as possible.

1) download the ROM
2) use Helium to back up Sense and SMS
3) use titanium back up and choose the batch back up "back up all user apps"

4) reboot the to recovery.
5) nandroid back up
6) wipe
7) flash new rom
8) reboot and sign in to google, and apps should automatically download in playstore..so chill let it all install
9) once all install, recover SMS and Sense with Helium, this will recover your old set on the homes screen and drawer.
10) If you have missing apps, use titanium back up to "restore missing app" and also you can choose to restore "data only" for apps that needed signing in or game progress.

the following step doesn't take much time, just patient for all the apps to download. pretty painless.

Tekniqs

just installed cleanrom 5.2.

where's my "swipe to wake"? lol and where's the "htc menu button" on the htc logo? now I don't know where my "menu" button is!!

Knight77

I'm on CleanRom 5.1. Just made a backup and I'm gonna wipe to flash 4.3 CleanRom.

b0sU09r.gif

Knight77

just installed cleanrom 5.2.

where's my "swipe to wake"? lol and where's the "htc menu button" on the htc logo? now I don't know where my "menu" button is!!

I would search those things in a kernel, not in the ROM. By the way...

"You have to go to Settings -> Display, Gestures & Buttons -> Home
Select "Swipe Up for Google Now, press and hold for menu"

That will allow you to use long press home key as menu. "

We totally need a ROM thread for android lol

After owning multiple android devices, I realize that most device only have 3-2 worthy roms that is worth flashing. Regardless how big the community is for a device, even the "nexus" line. Because most Rom are just copy cat of each other with a diffent skin. The thing that makes a Rom stand out is the developer.

I've been using it since last night and no bugs whatsoever. Battery life now is insane, it's quicker and has some cool new features.

No bugs for me too...yeah battery life seems pretty good.

Arkanius

I've been using it since last night and no bugs whatsoever. Battery life now is insane, it's quicker and has some cool new features.

It has a few weird things such as the battery icon in the menu that look very low quality compared to everything else.
HTC also said they were going to introduce new stuff to Sense (5.5) for 4.3 and yet nothing is there.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, it's just that it's incomplete :p
(How is root in 4.3 by the way?)

It has a few weird things such as the battery icon in the menu that look very low quality compared to everything else.
HTC also said they were going to introduce new stuff to Sense (5.5) for 4.3 and yet nothing is there.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, it's just that it's incomplete :p
(How is root in 4.3 by the way?)

They've introduced a few new things.

1. Picking your own music for Highlight Videos (THE reason I upgraded)
2. WiFi locating, even when WiFi is off
3. Some new apps, such as usage and WiFi Hotspot
4. The ROM I have also comes with the new Sense 5 Toolbox which allows to extra customization.

There's definitely more to come for sure, as this is just a leak, luckily now I can just dirty flash any updates and not lose anything.

A few people have complained about Xposed force closing with the new ROM and they've had to install a new beta. i've not had any problems though.

Edit: Also added something about OpenGL ES 2.0, and in the developers options I have an option to force 4x MSAA. I'm assuming this would only be good for games, so i've left it alone.

VoxPop

4. The ROM I have also comes with the new Sense 5 Toolbox which allows to extra customization.

There's definitely more to come for sure, as this is just a leak, luckily now I can just dirty flash any updates and not lose anything.

A few people have complained about Xposed force closing with the new ROM and they've had to install a new beta. i've not had any problems though.

Edit: Also added something about OpenGL ES 2.0, and in the developers options I have an option to force 4x MSAA. I'm assuming this would only be good for games, so i've left it alone.

Could you fill me in a little more info on that? Considering getting this rom if thats what i think it is

Arkanius

Real men Dirty flash, ALWAYS
#HOLOYOLO

Tekniqs

I would search those things in a kernel, not in the ROM. By the way...

"You have to go to Settings -> Display, Gestures & Buttons -> Home
Select "Swipe Up for Google Now, press and hold for menu"

That will allow you to use long press home key as menu. "

yep figured out it was kernel last night...and rom creator talked to me about the swipe up for google now...

thanks though =)

Top Bottom