• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

This is probably old but I finally got an update on the 25 credit.

PUvTlrh.jpg

taking them ten years

Well on my second HTC One.

Last Tuesday at work I heard my phone make the restart sound which was odd because it was in a case in my pocket. It then proceeded to keep turning itself on and off every 30 seconds all while saying I had no service.

Tried all the tricks to get it working, even did a factory reset, which allowed it to assume it's final form.......a black screen with the wrong time that turned itself on and off every 30 seconds. Called up my carrier and got my new today, had to use my emergency black berry(yuck) since Tuesday since the phone doesn't use a normal SIM card, to throw into my last phone.

Considering if I should just bite the bullet and get another phone. I love this phone but it's been the most buggy experience I've ever had with a phone.

Well on my second HTC One.

Last Tuesday at work I heard my phone make the restart sound which was odd because it was in a case in my pocket. It then proceeded to keep turning itself on and off every 30 seconds all while saying I had no service.

Tried all the tricks to get it working, even did a factory reset, which allowed it to assume it's final form.......a black screen with the wrong time that turned itself on and off every 30 seconds. Called up my carrier and got my new today, had to use my emergency black berry(yuck) since Tuesday since the phone doesn't use a normal SIM card, to throw into my last phone.

Considering if I should just bite the bullet and get another phone. I love this phone but it's been the most buggy experience I've ever had with a phone.
It was probably just a one off issue.

You guys should just install ARHD w/ 4.3 Sense or the GPE 4.3 ROMs. Don't get why you all stress over waiting for minor updates when its readily available to use online. :p

^^this.

ive tried a few different ROMs and ARHD is by far my favorite. completely stock with no bloated carrier apps, and a few neat features added to it. so glad 22.0 just got released, its working like a charm, no complaints or issues at all. so glad i decided to root....never have to worry about carrier updates anymore.

reKon

Banned
Wi-Fi calling/texting with T-Mobile is reason I'm still on 4.1.2. This shit is worse than Galaxy Nexus w/ Verizon...

It's been like 6 fucking months and no update. If 4.4 gets annonced AND released before US T-Mobile sees an update, I will be enraged.

Scott has retired again. Not sure if someone is going to actually take over CleanROM or if it's time to switch. Maybe back to ARHD, or check out InsertCoin, or make another go at ViperOne (the customization options kinda overwhelm me, but maybe now it's time to jump right into mega tweaking territory).

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
4.3 is running great. Love the option to map menu to long press home to get rid of that annoying 3 dot software menu button.

Sanic

Everytime the keyboard is up I have a "choose input method" notifcation in the top bar.

How can I get rid of that?

womp

Everytime the keyboard is up I have a "choose input method" notifcation in the top bar.

How can I get rid of that?

Something else I would love to find out as well. I haven't used a manufacturer ROM in a while so some of these things are making me crazy. :)

And as a side note...

Got an Anderoids case for my new HTC One today...

Sanic

Something else I would love to find out as well. I haven't used a manufacturer ROM in a while so some of these things are making me crazy. :)

Sadly I just don't have the desire to play around with rooting the phone and putting a custom rom on at the moment. I just don't have the time or desire to do that agin, but this might bug me enough to push me over the edge. Who thought this was a good idea? :p

reKon

Banned
same, will be spending on Kingdom Rush Frontiers and maybe some TV Shows/Movies/Books?

how are Google Play prices in comparison to Amazon?

Sanic

I've been away from Android for awhile now, and coming back from an iPhone i'm finding the keyboard dissapointing. It's not responsive, at all.

Is there a third party solution that's better?

womp

MattDoza

I've been away from Android for awhile now, and coming back from an iPhone i'm finding the keyboard dissapointing. It's not responsive, at all.

Is there a third party solution that's better?

Coming off my Galaxy Nexus...

First thing I installed -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin&hl=en

Trying to make this awesome phone as stock Android as possible until I get some unlock/root. heh

SwiftKey is nice too. Free version.

Sanic

Sorry guys, I wasn't totally clear. I'm not looking for an alternate input method (ie SwiftKey) but a traditional input keyboard that responds to input more quickly. Jumping back from a friends iPhone 5 (and even my 4s) there's a very noticeable delay in typing that's driving me crazy.

I'm getting zero delay and can type fast as hell. Try a reboot. That's definitely the first I've ever heard of this issue and I came from a 4s.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Also disable haptic feedback on the keyboard if it's enabled. I find that it adds a slight but noticeable delay.

womp

Sorry guys, I wasn't totally clear. I'm not looking for an alternate input method (ie SwiftKey) but a traditional input keyboard that responds to input more quickly. Jumping back from a friends iPhone 5 (and even my 4s) there's a very noticeable delay in typing that's driving me crazy.

The stock Google Keyboard is not an alternate input method. Using it as a 'swype' keyboard is purely optional and is the stock Android keyboard used through Nexus devices from Google themselves.

Give it a shot. There is 0 lag.

SwiftKey works just fine as a traditional input method too.

Knight77

Scott has retired again. Not sure if someone is going to actually take over CleanROM or if it's time to switch. Maybe back to ARHD, or check out InsertCoin, or make another go at ViperOne (the customization options kinda overwhelm me, but maybe now it's time to jump right into mega tweaking territory).

Yes, he also closed the threaf . I am sorry for this, I used ARHD and Trickdroid in the past but nothing was clean, tuned and in the same time close to stock as much as CleanRom. I hope he passed the torch and someone will come out announcing it.

So I want to upgrade to 4.3 but I'm pretty sure the newest version will give me the latest Google Maps. I want to keep the older version of Google Maps. How do I go about this?

Sanic

The stock Google Keyboard is not an alternate input method. Using it as a 'swype' keyboard is purely optional and is the stock Android keyboard used through Nexus devices from Google themselves.

Give it a shot. There is 0 lag.

SwiftKey works just fine as a traditional input method too.

Didn't know this, i'll give em both a shot. Thanks guys.

Looking around, it looks like the 4.3 update was supposed to be live...now-ish. Looking forward to it!

Top Bottom