• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HuniePop Steam |OT| We just play it for the puzzles

Lain

The problem is that the game part is merely okay at best.

I think Seduce Me was better at trying to make the interactions as represented through gameplay more interesting, through a weird card game, but since the game was banned from Greenlight, the game pretty much disappeared and no one cared about it when it came out.

I ended buying it from Amazon, but then I never bothered to download it and install and play lol. Maybe I should, one of these days.

How do you equip the date gifts you get? I have a couple sitting in my inventory but whenever I'm on a date I can only choose the stuffed bear you get at the start of the game.

TxdoHawk

How do you equip the date gifts you get? I have a couple sitting in my inventory but whenever I'm on a date I can only choose the stuffed bear you get at the start of the game.

Yeah, they don't really make this super obvious. On your inventory page, toward the bottom, you'll see this:

sYo3QZH.png

Click the right arrow and it switches to this:

HdtjoI7.png

This is where you drag and drop new date gifts to use them on dates.

Go into the HunieBee, go down to inventory submenu and you can equip a number of gifts in the slots. Finally completed Audrey's path. That was a real battle of attrition there, fuck did I ever gaze into the maw of despair

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to play this game during the week. Saw a video of it earlier and it seems like a really funny take on dating sims. Bought it through the HuniePop website to get both original and censored (steam) versions.

I think yes. I didn't get any new cg after the first one.

Yes, Steam is the cheapesr option as of now.

Made me chuckle.

But HuniePop wishes that it had remotely the emotional impact of Katawa Shoujo.

Sadly, a dishrag has about as much in common with KS as HP does. Really wish this was a full fledged VN instead of just window dressing for a match 3 game. I wonder whether Missing Stars will actually deliver in KS' stead. That project looks like it's really coming together over the years

Lain

Love how the love fairy tells me to use booze to get girls wasted at night.
My first chat with Jessie went sorta well and she sent me a picture afterward. I got to learn a bit about her though she was the one asking the most questions.

Exuro

Got
11/12
of the characters. Not sure how to get the last one. The match 3 game is fairly entertaining. although you get to the point where you get items that remove every token of a single type, which gives you tons of points and makes it really hard to not win.

Got
11/12
of the characters. Not sure how to get the last one. The match 3 game is fairly entertaining. although you get to the point where you get items that remove every token of a single type, which gives you tons of points and makes it really hard to not win.

Holy smokes...really?

Back to the grind then.

Armaly

I accidentally clicked through the prompt. How do I get items to make these boards easier again? I have to give the right unique gift to the right person?

Lain

Since I got my 4th card and none of them were Jessie, I went to look on the market and I see they aren't as cheap as I'd hoped.

fedexpeon

Banned
Got
11/12

Can you PM how you get to that part?
I thought there were only 9 main characters.
Well, that explains why I am missing so many pictures in the gallery.

Edit: Welp, nvm, I turned off the game too early.

Cels

if anyone here plays dota, mason venne (formerly of team EG) uses the name audreybelrose on the nadota forums. now i understand.

I asked this earlier in the thread but got no response, so I'll just give it one more shot:

Does this game support game controllers (i.e. the 360 controller)?

I think that's what it's probably all about, and all the people buying it "for a laugh" or ironically or whatever should just own up to it. If you want something, want it.

lol, I sometimes do wish I could find games like that easily excitable, but no, it's not my thing. I'm not even a visual novel fan. I'm really just in the mood for a cute puzzle game, any cute puzzle game, on PC, which is why I'm considering buying it.

Lain

Second date with Jessie done and she sent me her banana set picture.
Jessie best girl hands down!

Am I good in just going around chatting with the other girls to get hunie and only go on dates with the main girl I'm interested in pursuing, since each new date becomes harder? Though that makes it a bit hard to get munie.

McNum

You know, it figures that my first foil card drop on Steam would be this game. Foil Tiffany. I figure i should sell that, but I have no idea what to ask for one of those, and, well, there is no purchase history since the game is, what, hours old. So, Foil Tiffany, what would you ask for one of those?

Also, I'm kind of liking the match three with powerups game. that could easily stand alone without a dating element, but I wonder what's good in powerups. I get the feeling there's more than one overpowered build. I'm using one that uses Broken Hearts as fuel for passion and extra turns. Kind of a crazy plan, but it works.

So, how did you find the hidden girls? I've only found one, the obvious one, but I know how to find two more.

Kyu: 5-star another girl
Celeste: Give Dirty Magazine to Kyu, use item on the beach at night.
Momo: Buy a goldfish gift. Discard it in an outside area.

Are there more than those?

I accidentally clicked through the prompt. How do I get items to make these boards easier again? I have to give the right unique gift to the right person?
talking to people gives hunie (purple number top right) you can default talk to people three times a visit (6 food, 2 food per talk)

spend this hunie in the "trait" tab of the huniepop.

Lain

I've been dating Aiko a bit in between my romps with Jessie. She's not as awesome as Jessie, but she's pretty good too. She also sends some interesting pictures.

Huniepop is a game that I was interested in based on that video released back in April. I didn't know it was out now, and now hearing all these first hand thoughts have skewed me toward waiting for a discount. The lack of visual novel elements seem like it hurts the game, especially when this game seems to have such a wacky sense of humor to it. Maybe the voice acting held back that aspect.

I still at least want to experience this game, but not for $20.

Another possibility.

Say you're out somewhere with Kyanna but then Audrey shows up ready to ruin a perfectly good evening.

The puzzle "dating" game could have turned into a competitive puzzler like Puyo Puyo or Puzzle Fighter.

So much wasted potential.

I really like this idea. This, plus more visual
novel elements would make this game sound much more interesting. Maybe if a "Huniepop: Rosie Palms Edition" comes out, we'll see some improvements of this sort.

Lain

Got to date Jessie at night and we ended in my bedroom. I wasn't getting how to win the date initially since the counter kept resetting, then it dawned on me.
The reward picture isn't half bad, though I'm broke since I bought the last unique gift for her but it was totally worth it (Jessie is my wifu etc etc).
Now to unlock the last haircut and outfit. I guess I need to buy more gifts for her.

Oh... ohhhhh Kyu gets unlocked
just like that?!
Good!

Chariot

I honestly just collecting stuff now.
I am assume the game has no end, so I just pursue the other girls too. I have five stars with everyone, but the three non-standard girls and five panties, I also gave Lola every item she could get, but have yet to unlock the last costume. My stats are maxed and honestly the game gets a bit difficult now, I sometimes don't even see a chance to win a date.

Jawmuncher

I am assume the game has no end, so I just pursue the other girls too. I have five stars with everyone, but the three non-standard girls and five panties, I also gave Lola every item she could get, but have yet to unlock the last costume. My stats are maxed and honestly the game gets a bit difficult now, I sometimes don't even see a chance to win a date.

Yeah I noticed the difficulty is going back and forth as I upgrade.

Annubis

Yeah, I'm at that point too where I'm filling up everyone's inventory.
The puzzles at this point are really hard for me.
Sex is so hard now that I avoid it...

Huniepop OT: I'm sorry hunie, I have a headache

Lain

Surprisingly (?) Aiko wears some... sexy underwear. I mean, Jessie's underwear is so plain looking compared to it. I would have expected someone with Jessie's sexuality to wear something way more daring.

Also, the more I interact with Jessie, the more I imagine what the game would have looked like had someone like Mizuryu Kei done the character designs for it. I feel like it would have fit the game like a glove lol.

Armaly

talking to people gives hunie (purple number top right) you can default talk to people three times a visit (6 food, 2 food per talk)

spend this hunie in the "trait" tab of the huniepop.

Sorry, I mean items such as the teddy bear or stuffed cat. How do I get more of those?

Accoun

Yeah, I'm at that point too where I'm filling up everyone's inventory.
The puzzles at this point are really hard for me.
Sex is so hard now that I avoid it...

Huniepop OT: I'm sorry hunie, I have a headache

More like:
HuniePop |OT| Sex is too hard :(

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I ended buying it from Amazon, but then I never bothered to download it and install and play lol. Maybe I should, one of these days.
I only played it a bit before I found it a tad too difficult. There were some tips on the forums, but it looks like the forums are dead and the site itself is dormant.

It's too bad they didn't want to release a censored version for the sake of Steam, but what can you do.

nikos

Does this game have controller support? Going to buy it today but need to decide which computer to install on.

Chariot

Does this game have controller support? Going to buy it today but need to decide which computer to install on.
I don't think so. And even if it would, the night dates would kill you. Some people have trouble with a mouse, no way that they are reasonable managable with a controller.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
So, how did you find the hidden girls? I've only found one, the obvious one, but I know how to find two more.

Kyu: 5-star another girl
Celeste: Give Dirty Magazine to Kyu, use item on the beach at night.
Momo: Buy a goldfish gift. Discard it in an outside area.

Are there more than those?
I unlocked
Venus
after finishing the 8 main girls plus
Kyu
. There was a comment about how fast I accomplished this being impressive, so that may or may not be a factor. I was on around day 25 I think.

Lain

I only played it a bit before I found it a tad too difficult. There were some tips on the forums, but it looks like the forums are dead and the site itself is dormant.

It's too bad they didn't want to release a censored version for the sake of Steam, but what can you do.

That's too bad. Seeing how this game did it, they should have tried to do something similar with a censored/uncensored version that's one and the same.

I don't think so. And even if it would, the night dates would kill you. Some people have trouble with a mouse, no way that they are reasonable managable with a controller.

The night dates are a bit infuriating at times. I mean, more than once I felt that I only succeeded because I got lucky with chain reactions. Without those chain reactions happening no way I'd manage to complete the level with how fast the bar empties itself.

Unlocked all haircut and outfits for Jessie and got myself some sweet time with Aiko and Kyu. I might go for Beli next. She seems kinda sweet.

Chariot

How much VN is in this game? I don't really want to play hours and hours of a mediocre match-3 puzzle game.
You're in the wrong game. After the intro you more or less just play memory with the individual girls data and occasional the puzzle dates. There is no real VN aspect to this game.

The night dates are a bit infuriating at times. I mean, more than once I felt that I only succeeded because I got lucky with chain reactions. Without those chain reactions happening no way I'd manage to complete the level with how fast the bar empties itself.

Unlocked all haircut and outfits for Jessie and got myself some sweet time with Aiko and Kyu. I might go for Beli next. She seems kinda sweet.
Yeah, I just flay around and match everything I see. I miss quite a lot of four pair opportunities, but there is just no time to look properly.

Top Bottom