• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Ike: People Not Evacuating Face "Certain Death"

Status
Not open for further replies.

greepoman

WrikaWrek said:
Originally Posted by kkaabboomm:
people should watch fox news right now. geraldo is still out on the sea wall, they've had multiple wind meter readings at 117mph wind gusts, the water is lapping over his feet as he stands there, the video is cutting in and out, and just...wow. geraldo, his wind guy, and the camera guy are all getting blown over while debris flies by them, and sheppard smith is just like 'yeah, its supposed to get bad geraldo, keep up the good work'

cnn, on the other hand, pulled their guys back to the safety of a parking garage facing away from the beach, where they are now reporting.
Is there a Internet live feed?

Would like to see that.

I just saw him get in the face with something...now he's no longer broadcasting.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
liberal gaf may hate me for this but I love Geraldo. dude is nuts. :lol

the guy is fighting a cat2 hurricane on TV for no real reason other than his ego and a delusion about the publics right to know. :lol

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
i love the mayor on tv just now. it's like the person who yells at their dog to sit, and when the dog never sits they just go "stay!" and feel a sense of accomplishment that the dog listened to them.

if the people ignored you during the warnings, they're nto gonna listen now. if people leave their homes, let 'em. you did what you could, mayor.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
whytemyke said:
liberal gaf may hate me for this but I love Geraldo. dude is nuts. :lol

the guy is fighting a cat2 hurricane on TV for no real reason other than his ego and a delusion about the publics right to know. :lol

The public has a right to know how strong the shockwave of a 500km-wide meteor strike 100m away from a reporter would be!

MechDX

Damn. Noticing Houston GAF'ers have slowly stopped posting. Its like its a line up I45 as the hurricane moves. On the radar I am like 20 miles away from the outter yellow/red rings.

I hate waiting....:lol

Teknoman

Ether_Snake said:
I don't think they are fake.

EDIT: OMG THOSE HIPS YUUMMMMMMMM!

EDIT: AND HER BOOTY!

Damn, she's so my type!

I was just about to say something about that. Pretty sure they arent fake too. She's just a nice looking weather/traffic lady.

guess

MechDX said:
Damn. Noticing Houston GAF'ers have slowly stopped posting. Its like its a line up I45 as the hurricane moves. On the radar I am like 20 miles away from the outter yellow/red rings.

Well, I'm still here. Just busy staring out the window instead of posting.

Teknoman

MechDX said:

Well I was messing around in Spore and listening to the KTRK stream while everyone else is watching KHOU channel 11 or playing Persona 3...fuck..a REALLY STRONG gust of wind just hit. I dont think i'll be posting much longer... ; ;

Sounded like someone was rolling alot of bowling balls on my porch (2nd floor of an apartment building).

MechDX

Teknoman said:
Well I was messing around in Spore and listening to the KTRK stream while everyone else is watching KHOU channel 11 or playing Persona 3...fuck..a REALLY STRONG gust of wind just hit. I dont think i'll be posting much longer... ; ;

This sucks doesnt it? Its like "C'mon bitch!! Bring it!"

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Are some people here posting people who were told to go away but didn't? I'd guess not?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
And comment from Diig about gas:

I waited in line for 10 minutes and paid $5 in Kernersville, NC. The line was backed up so far it was interrupting traffic.

So yeah that 5$ a gallon was true.

MechDX

About 90 miles from the coast. Just went outside to have a smoke and WOW the wind is really picking up. Im in deep east Texas surrounded by trees. Most of them pinewhich arent as prone to break as oak and others.

I give it another hour , maybe a tad more.

Teknoman

MechDX said:
This sucks doesnt it? Its like "C'mon bitch!! Bring it!"

Seriously. Whats makes things worse is that someone didnt take all their plants and whatnot off their porch. Those could become projectiles...and they are right across from us.

Ether_Snake said:
Are some people here posting people who were told to go away but didn't? I'd guess not?

Probably not. Im in Houston, a few miles away from Humble. But still...this will be my first time (aside from Tropical Storm Allison) being in a Hurricane. My parents were in Alicia though. Still, they seem a little on edge...but we're all in the same place so its cool.

Its just like...10-20 minutes before landfall right?

MechDX

Teknoman said:
Seriously. Whats makes things worse is that someone didnt take all their plants and whatnot off their porch. Those could become projectiles...and they are right across from us.

Yeah my dumbass neighbor left his wind chimes up. 4ft long stainless steele pipes out there just clanging away. Good thing is, the wind is blowing them towards his house right at some picture windows he has.:lol

ANd the goes the police driving by again.

Few miles from Humble? Kingwood?

Teknoman

MechDX said:
Yeah my dumbass neighbor left his wind chimes up. 4ft long stainless steele pipes out there just clanging away. Good thing is they wind is blowing them towards his house right at some picture windows he has.:lol

ANd the goes the police driving by again.

Few miles from Humble? Kingwood?

Nope, over by Tidwell, Mesa Rd, C.E. King, that area.

12x2 pack of bud select+bag of chips all I need to survive this storm.

Well , my power is about to go out soon :lol, its Flickering like mad and the wind is seriously picking up so much.

CHEERS

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
ToxicAdam said:
I can't wait until they cut back to Geraldo and he is chained to a tree.

SNL needs to do a skit about this.
don't you kinda wish other reporters were as dedicated to their jobs as Geraldo is? Could you imagine how much Washington bullshit would be nipped in the bud before it ever got off the ground? :lol

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
GERALDO JUST LAUGHED AT THE PERSON WHO ASKED IF HE WAS GETTING FATIGUED!?!?!

why can't the detroit lions have this kind of tenacity?

OpinionatedCyborg said:
Why does Rick Sanchez stand in 6 inches of water when there's dry ground 10 feet away? :lol
Hes a beast.

When Gustav was going through he was actually in the studio at late nights and used facebook and crap as feedback from people watching every 2 mins.. It was so annoying and.. odd at the same time.

MechDX

lsslave said:
So many GAFfers didn't go somewhere safer?

Or are you guys on the outskirts of the danger area?

Most are either in Houston city limits or further out.

Has anyone sent an email to Fox News with a question to Geraldo?

"He Geraldo. Why are you such a dumbass?"

Teknoman

lsslave said:
So many GAFfers didn't go somewhere safer?

Or are you guys on the outskirts of the danger area?

We're all outside Galveston, but the storm is still going to blitz Texas and most of the Gulf Coast. Its HUGE.

whytemyke said:
GERALDO JUST LAUGHED AT THE PERSON WHO ASKED IF HE WAS GETTING FATIGUED!?!?!

:lol Do you not know who I am? I'm Geraldo bitch!

EDIT: Its coming full on now. Just saw downtown houston on the news and the street signs are really moving.

MechDX

Teknoman said:
We're all outside Galveston, but the storm is still going to blitz Texas and most of the Gulf Coast. Its HUGE.

Yep.

national.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom