• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Husband travels 160 miles to kill man having an affair with his Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

FODEA

Banned
Interesting you assume malyce is a woman.

It was a typo but good job taking my mistake out of context where above (in the same post) I did not make the same assumption (using both his and her). I had already edited while you ninja'ed my post. Good job though, you can't actually address my arguments anymore so you have certainly devolved to this.

The Adder

Banned
jnkMI1l0Qgkgp.jpg

edit;

@ The Adder, I responded to u back on page 3 btw.

I saw. We pretty much agree so not much to say as a reply.

CrazyDude

not much I was just giving a closing comment on why I think divorce really isn't a penalty to a cheating woman.

I mean if shes cheating do you really think she cares if you get divorced? That would probably make her happy. I tend to think people who do bad things deserve some kind of comeuppance...

Of course I don't mean murder when I say this.

Most people who cheat still love their spouse believe or not.

It was a typo but good job taking my mistake out of context where above I did use his/her. I had already edited while you ninja'ed my post. Good job though, you can't actually address my arguments anymore so you have certainly devolved to this.

What arguments? All I've seen you put forth is "we have to wait till the experts chime in" because there is some kind of baseline for the use of psycho, for you, that doesn't include falsely imprisoning someone and killing their lover.

not much I was just giving a closing comment on why I think divorce really isn't a penalty to a cheating woman.

I mean if shes cheating do you really think she cares if you get divorced? That would probably make her happy. I tend to think people who do bad things deserve some kind of comeuppance...

And you think that cheating on someone is something that the courts should penalize? Weird. I'm sensing a ton of resentment here coloring your judgment, up to and including shoehorning this into a discussion of a murder.

FODEA

Banned
What arguments? All I've seen you put forth is "we have to wait till the experts chime in" because there is some kind of baseline for the use of psycho, for you, that doesn't include falsely imprisoning someone and killing their lover.

I'm just so glad we have you around for Psycho or not a Psycho as opposed to you know... anyone knowledgeable on psychopaths with access to the guy/murderer.

People cheat for a multitude of reasons so it isn't unreasonable to say that she wouldn't care if she got divorced. What if she has a lavish lifestyle due to the husband but isn't sexually attracted to him anymore? Kind of like wanting your cake and eating it to.

It isn't as always as cut and dry as people think.

I'm just so glad we have you around for Psycho or not a Psycho as opposed to you know... anyone knowledgeable on psychopaths.

Falsely imprisoning your SO and driving 160 miles and killing a person isn't psychotic behavior all of a sudden? Why are you so defensive over this?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Lols at the responses on the first pages that are thinly veiled "DON'T START NO SHIT THEY WON'T GON BE NO SHIT", so many morally questionable gaffers :(

We don't even know if she "started shit". All we know is that the husband tied up his wife, got a "confession" out of her, and then went to go murder the name he heard. Full stop. We don't know if there was an actual relationship she had, an online flirtation, or if she just gave him the first name she thought of so the husband wouldn't kill her.

yeah, I have an excel spreadsheet of worst things that can happen to me as a man and cheating is #105

it's like #306 for me. Just above "banned from GAF"

On a separate note guys, I laughed at the old Chris Rock OJ joke too at the time, but thankfully I didn't make it an actual part of my moral code :/

Falsely imprisoning your SO and driving 160 miles and killing a person isn't psychotic behavior all of a sudden? Why are you so defensive over this?

"So, this guy with the swastika carved onto his forehead got a bunch of young people to kill people and painted on the walls in blood. I really feel like I'm going to need to wait until a psychiatric professional weighs in before I can say anything about his mental state."

The Adder

Banned
They really aren't different though, victim blaming is victim blaming and I think that's the point, not to mention that there isn't a good negative fill in the blank for "a scantily clad woman deserves _____."

Are you just intentionally reading around what I am saying? No there isn't anything to fill that blank with which is why NO THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

Haha, what the fuck is this?

if I spent 40,000 on a wedding, my wife cheated on me after a year, I would be mad pissed.
40,000 in debt for a woman who couldn't even stay loyal after I'd turned in my pockets like that?

You wouldn't deserve to be poor and in debt the next 4 years just because you misjudged the fact that your wife is a cheater.

I'd say the same thing for women if in some place the women paid for most of the wedding.

Buzzman

Banned
I don't think accusing someone of racism or accusing them of condoning murder is a good way to argue or discuss anything.

You're just going to drive the wedge further in between 'groups'.

That's just generally my opinion. I seriously doubt any of the people laying some of the blame at the feet of the wife think the husband shouldn't be charged with everything he has (or will be) charged with.

IDK it just seems like more and more on the internet people have found their clique and are just getting more and more radical because anything that challenges them is racism or victim-blaming or some other one-liner that is used to dismiss something entirely.

Now sometimes the cries of racism, victim-blaming are fair ones but more and more it just seems like a way to dismiss an opinion out of hand because who wants to have their opinions challenged anymore?

Because clearly if you don't agree with malyce and his/her clique, you believe cheating is on par with pedophiles.
You think discussion on the internet was more civil before or something? Because hyperbole has certainly never appeared on the internet before this "clique" started using it.

I'm just so glad we have you around for Psycho or not a Psycho as opposed to you know... anyone knowledgeable on psychopaths.

He may not be a clinical psychopath but he sure as fuck has something wrong in his head.

GungHo

I'm just so glad we have you around for Psycho or not a Psycho as opposed to you know... anyone knowledgeable on psychopaths with access to the guy/murderer.

They're in Corpus Christi, not Darfur. You really don't need to fight the good fight for moral relativism.

if I spent 40,000 on a wedding, my wife cheated on me after a year, I would be mad pissed.
40,000 in debt for a woman who couldn't even stay loyal after I'd turned in my pockets like that?

You wouldn't deserve to be poor and in debt the next 4 years just because you misjudged the fact that your wife is a cheater.

I'd say the same thing for women if in some place the women paid for most of the wedding.

Erm, you don't actually own a person because you shelled out money for a wedding. You did that. Not the other person.

My wedding cost like, 500 bucks total. I guess my mom should sue if my marriage breaks up for some reason.

Are you just intentionally reading around what I am saying? No there isn't anything to fill that blank with which is why NO THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

But they are, because blaming a victim for an act is blaming a victim for an act.

/r/redpill represent.

And you think that cheating on someone is something that the courts should penalize? Weird. I'm sensing a ton of resentment here coloring your judgment, up to and including shoehorning this into a discussion of a murder.

I wouldn't say that, well no jail time for it of course.
I mean this isn't the scarlet letter she doesn't need to walk around with a big A

but I think if you cause the divorce you should be more liable than the other person in terms of finances.

anyways everyone return to the topic, my comment seems to be getting unduly attention

FODEA

Banned
"So, this guy with the swastika carved onto his forehead got a bunch of young people to kill people and painted on the walls in blood. I really feel like I'm going to need to wait until a psychiatric professional weighs in before I can say anything about his mental state."

My bad when the word or abbreviation psycho was used, I thought we were using a generally accepted definition of it and not you two and your made-up definitions that you use at your own convenience.

I'm done here. You're either trolling or hoping to get a rise out of me and have shown a complete inability to address anything I've said. You have chosen to attack me instead. And responding is just not worth it anymore. You keep on with the circle-jerk though.

Why would you spend 40K on a wedding if you can't afford it? Why even go in debt for a wedding? This makes no sense.

Ekdrm2d1

We don't even know if she "started shit". All we know is that the husband tied up his wife, got a "confession" out of her, and then went to go murder the name he heard. Full stop. We don't know if there was an actual relationship she had, an online flirtation, or if she just gave him the first name she thought of so the husband wouldn't kill her.

That's some scary stuff.

Buzzman

Banned

Women aren't always interested in how much you pay for them y'know.

Hey man he's clearly not psycho though. I mean we should reserve that judgment.

My bad when the word or abbreviation psycho was used, I thought we were using a generally accepted definition of it and not you two and your made-up definitions that you use at your own convenience.

I'm done here. You're either trolling or hoping to get a rise out of me and have shown a complete inability to address anything I've said. You have chosen to attack me instead.

Dude, you're implying that there's no way for a layman to know if someone who ties another human being up and then murders another is psychotic. No one is trolling you, it's just impossible to take someone seriously who chooses that gun to stick to.

wildfire

Banned
I don't think accusing someone of racism or accusing them of condoning murder is a good way to argue or discuss anything.

That's just generally my opinion. I seriously doubt any of the people laying some of the blame at the feet of the wife think the husband shouldn't be charged with everything he has (or will be) charged with.

IDK it just seems like more and more on the internet people have found their clique and are just getting more and more radical because anything that challenges them is racism or victim-blaming or some other one-liner that is used to dismiss something entirely.

Now sometimes the cries of racism, victim-blaming are fair ones but more and more it just seems like a way to dismiss an opinion out of hand because who wants to have their opinions challenged anymore?

:p

If people didn't want to be challenged they would be using their ignore list like I do. Even then I limit my usage to people who give overly simplistic responses. It saves me the aggravation of seeing the lack of subtlety and wit. There are people I disagree with who actually make thoughtful posts and I don't ignore them because they care enough to explain themselves so I'll care to listen.

Erm, you don't actually own a person because you shelled out money for a wedding. You did that. Not the other person.

My wedding cost like, 500 bucks total. I guess my mom should sue if my marriage breaks up for some reason.
this is why it's important for women to start an 'oops' fund so they can cover the costs of their misdeeds.

commedieu

Banned

Oh and stuff like this:

Because clearly if you don't agree with malyce and her clique, you believe cheating is on par with pedophiles.

At the same time, don't you feel like you have a responsibility to hold a post at its entirety? You can't honestly take from my post, that I'm saying people are literally condoning murder, but the idea that she is at fault, however much. I mean, perhaps you can, and thats my mistake. And I'll work on being completely clear when trying to make a point. And you're right, if thats your take home, that I was saying that, then clearly thats how anyone with an alternative/supplemental view would respond. I just felt that I kept clarifying with my posts. I don't think the actual opinions are what is being discussed. Just people getting miffed at others, and throwing in assumptions. (shit earthquake in los angeles...) OK, thats over, back to gaf...

Why would you spend 40K on a wedding if you can't afford it? Why even go in debt for a wedding? This makes no sense.

its supposed to be a once in a lifetime event. If you go a little in debt for it, in many cultures anyways, it doesn't really matter because you have a lifetime to pay it off...

Now that all changes if you need to get a divorce, get legal representation, gets even worse if there are children involved, assets (that were likely yours in the first place... no you can't take my dog etc) to split up

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
He shouldn't have murdered anyone. She shouldn't have cheated on him (assuming she actually did). Both acts are morally reprehensible, but the first is far, far more so. She bears no moral responsibility for the murder. She bears some causal responsibility for the murder. Does that cover everything?

The Adder

Banned
But they are, because blaming a victim for an act is blaming a victim for an act.

Blaming a victim of disproportionate retribution is not the same as blaming an innocent victim. You shouldn't do either but you shouldn't act like they are the same thing. Even the person I was responding to agrees.

I'm done here. You're either trolling or hoping to get a rise out of me and have shown a complete inability to address anything I've said. You have chosen to attack me instead. And responding is just not worth it anymore. You keep on with the circle-jerk though.

So abstain from discussing possibilities because we don't know 100% confirmed by scientists? Okay. How can we stifle this discussion further after that's been decided?

Izayoi

Banned
I've always been curious as to why people get mad at the person who was roped in by the cheater, as opposed to the cheater themselves. If you're going to kill anyone, why not just kill the wife in this instance? Who knows, poor dude might not have even known that she was married. Doesn't really seem fair to kill him!

Trey

Reasonable and expected are not the samething, its a reasonable expectation that if I go into a bar an act a fool that no one will kick my ass since assault is illegal, but it is expected based on reality and what actually happens fairly commonly in such situations.

This is not a expected or reasonable outcome. You really gonna go up to this lady and say, "well, what did you expect?"

Unless she knew her husband was capable of Cold blooded murder.

So abstain from discussing possibilities because we don't know 100% confirmed by scientists? Okay. How can we stifle this discussion further after that's been decided?
while we can't comfortably label a man who ties up his wife and murders her lover as a psychopath, I think we can all safely agree that she shares some blame.

Blaming a victim of disproportionate retribution is not the same as blaming an innocent victim. You shouldn't do either but you shouldn't act like they are the same thing. Even the person I was responding to agrees.

Anyone who wants to is welcome to disagree, but looking for nuance when it comes to an assault and murder seems gross to me and I feel more comfortable just saying that victim blaming is always equally bad. If you need those lines, have at it.

GungHo

I've always been curious as to why people get mad at the person who was roped in by the cheater, as opposed to the cheater themselves. If you're going to kill anyone, why not just kill the wife in this instance? Who knows, poor dude might not have even known that she was married. Doesn't really seem fair to kill him!

You'd figure after 22 years of Maury, we'd have resolved this as a species.

kakashi08

I don't get when someone finds out something like that, they don't blame their wife/gf but the guy who she cheated on. I think you shouldn't hurt anyone but if he was going to hurt anyone it should've been the wife, she's the one who "cheated", all the guy did was bang her.
What if the guy didn't even know she was married? lol

Isn't the tradition that the bride's parents pay the wedding?

wildfire

Banned

So far everyone in this thread who has bothered to make a comment about the murderer has leapt to the conclusion he's a terrible husband with a history for violence. Only 3 people had the presence of mind to point out that everyone has different emotional triggers.

It's fine to make a guess on who the person is that led up to this disaster but don't pretend you know for sure what his history is.

I don't get when someone finds out something like that, they don't blame their wife/gf but the guy who she cheated on. I think you shouldn't hurt anyone but if he was going to hurt anyone it should've been the wife, she's the one who "cheated", all the guy did was bang her.
What if the guy didn't even know she was married? lol

lmao really

So far everyone in this thread who has bothered to make a comment about the murderer has leapt to the conclusion he's a terrible husband with a history for violence. Only 3 people had the presence of mind to point out that everyone has different emotional triggers.

It's fine to make a guess on who the person is that led up to this disaster but don't pretend you know for sure what his history is.

You really feel like it's a leap to say that someone who ties another person up and then murders another might have a history of violence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom