• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

Chariot

If you're in chapter 7 yes you're on the true ending path, ends in chapter 6 (or "apocalypse") if you get the other endings. Also if you don't want to see the conquest ending just close your game and reload a save if you see "apocalypse" instead of "chapter 6" after beating chapter 5 because you dun goofed.
Don't worry, I already went through Conquest, so I know how it looks. I also got Planeptune, Lowee and True now. In my next session I am gonna grind me Leanbox. Then I need to take another run because of the items needed for Kei are in chapter 7, as are some things needed to get the colloseum fights including Delphinus >_<

SerTapTap

Don't worry, I already went through Conquest, so I know how it looks. I also got Planeptune, Lowee and True now. In my next session I am gonna grind me Leanbox. Then I need to take another run because of the items needed for Kei are in chapter 7, as are some things needed to get the colloseum fights including Delphinus >_<

The stupid oracle plans and other assorted plans/endings are why I had to play the damn game FOUR damn times through. I really, really do not like that they take away all maps (and quests, and shop items) when you NG+ because of that. Victory/Reb 3 doesn't really have that issue though, you can just stay in Postgame and there's only 3 endings fortunately, unless the rebirth adds more.

Glad the oracles come at the start this time, they're already nearly useless since you've long since beaten the game before you unlock 'em all in Reb 2. Going to play with Chika and Histoire a lot more, going to try and use a team I mostly haven't used much.

Chariot

Good to hear that Victors is more comfortable. If only there were a way to skip cutscenes completely. I rolled my eyes already the second time I had to sit through all the skipping.

SerTapTap

Good to hear that Victors is more comfortable. If only there were a way to skip cutscenes completely. I rolled my eyes already the second time I had to sit through all the skipping.

There is in Victory 2...I forget if there is in the rebirths, I don't think so. Nep U even had a "skip if already seen" which would help a TON in the RPGs (and is really not especially different from autoskip in Nep U).

SerTapTap

I still don't know how to get the oracles in rebirth 2, is there a guide somewhere?

70% (or was it 75%) shares in their respective nation, then you get a plan in chapter...6? or something. Then you have to get the ridiculously weird materials to actually make it, oh, and spend like 1024MB, when there's only like 3000MB per playthrough. It's pretty goddamn ridiculous and odds are you aren't going to have unlocked more than one before you've cleared 95% of content and trophies so make it count. I also think they only even join you in chapter 6 or something ridiculous. They need to just let you use any unlocked characters (and almost every gameplay feature) the moment you start an NG+

Chariot

There is in Victory 2...I forget if there is in the rebirths, I don't think so. Nep U even had a "skip if already seen" which would help a TON in the RPGs (and is really not especially different from autoskip in Nep U).
I take another look in my next session, but I have low hopes.

I still don't know how to get the oracles in rebirth 2, is there a guide somewhere?
You basically need to get every countries shares to 75% in chapter 7. At some point during getting the shares high you get an event on the map where you get the plan for the oracle of the land, but you still need certain materials and have the shares at 75% to unlock the oracle.

Gradon

It's pretty ridiculous you don't get the Oracles in NG+ after making them like the Candidates in Re;birth 1.
Also, am I the only one that enjoyed the Conquest ending? I thought it was tragic lol. :L

Falk

that puzzling face
I wasn't exactly put off by it, nor did I go on every single YouTube video I could find posting "No no no no whyyyyy T____T", but it really was offbeat (to the point of actually being comical) in the franchise.

I mean, this is a series where the humor is so prevalent in everything from characterization of the playable cast all the way up to even the villains being written in a self-aware manner.

It's like having the ending of Evangelion stuck onto Azumanga Daioh.

I honestly didn't expect things to play out as they did, especially with how the series is. With that said though, it's nice to see a decent ending every now and then where the
villain wins
. Kinda the reason why I like the sacrifice ending in Breath of Fire 2 so much more than the "real" ending.

Chariot

I honestly didn't expect things to play out as they did, especially with how the series is. With that said though, it's nice to see a decent ending every now and then where the
villain wins
. Kinda the reason why I like the sacrifice ending in Breath of Fire 2 so much more than the "real" ending.
Actually, it's more terryifing. The villain loses like in every other end, but only in this end you get the information that the villain isn't to be destroyed like that. Beaten, yes, not able to work now and for a long time, yes. But she is forever and will come back some day. And only in the Conquest ending Nepgear knows about that und may move the world despite Despair's prohecy and can get it ready for the return. In every other ending everyone assumes that everything is going well, because they don't know, leaving themselves open to another attack someday.
It's like having the ending of Evangelion stuck onto Azumanga Daioh.
Yes, it's amazing. It's so randomly put into all this moe and cute. The way it's really serious and tragic is a good kind of meta humor.

Crayten

Banned
Looks like that Rebirth;2 sells very well on Steam. Allready at 23k units sold and its still in the top 25 in the Steamcharts.

Gradon

Speaking of the Conquest ending in Re;birth 2 compared to MK2,
I'm not a fan that they changed the music for the CPU/Candidate battles, I thought the theme songs of each nation fit the battle more than the generic tough enemy music. :/ also Lowee's theme is possibly the best in the series, and you hear it like twice in Re;birth 2.

Speaking of which, I platinumed MK2 but I don't think I can handle Re;birth 2; I liked the idea of Stella but it's just atrocious when you unlock the final dungeons. The remake system is my favourite though, it's so fun. I'm not looking forward to scouts in Victory II again, but I heard they were better. Scouts are the worst thing about Victory besides the ridiculous difficulty spikes.

Falk

that puzzling face
Stella dungeon is like

Make a save

Start the dungeon 5 times and save on different slots

Go AFK

Come back 2 hours later, SELECT THE BEST PARALLEL UNIVERSE RESULTS

Repeat

HGH

Banned
Nah, Stella's just about knowing how it works.
For one thing, she'll always get oneshot by a boss if it's not beaten within a certain amount of turns. So you'll want to guarantee she's strong enough by then.
You make sure she fights and levels up as much as possible in a dungeon while keeping her health at a good point. As for exploration, you don't go for a full run from the start. Just make her go halfway through first, then add floors until you're confident enough that she can beat the thing.

Personally I view her kind of like a Cookie Clicker game?

OMG Aero

It sucks but the best way to do the Stella stuff is to just buy the DLC that makes it so dungeons take half the time and you don't lose anything if she dies.

It sucks but the best way to do the Stella stuff is to just buy the DLC that makes it so dungeons take half the time and you don't lose anything if she dies.

That's what I did.

Got Conquest & Holy Sword endings.
Now to skip through everything for the true ending.

Then do it all over again for the 6 other endings....?!?
Jesus H.

EDIT: Thus far I'll say that Re;birth 1 is the better game.

Falk

that puzzling face
Nah, Stella's just about knowing how it works.
For one thing, she'll always get oneshot by a boss if it's not beaten within a certain amount of turns. So you'll want to guarantee she's strong enough by then.
You make sure she fights and levels up as much as possible in a dungeon while keeping her health at a good point. As for exploration, you don't go for a full run from the start. Just make her go halfway through first, then add floors until you're confident enough that she can beat the thing.

Personally I view her kind of like a Cookie Clicker game?

None of this changes AFK-mode spawn-5-parallel-universes being the best way to do the mode if you have no actual interest in it, since even if 5 of them survive you get to pick the best result with the best loot.

Chariot

Good. Got all the endings, now only going into True Ending again and getting everything I am missing. Is the Delphinus fight any of the Add Colosseum Fights that I have? If so, is there a way to know which one or do I need to activate all to know.

SerTapTap

Stella's just fucking garbage. Fellistella should complain about being represented as one of the worst grinds in the game. I don't get it, every Neptunia game has all these cool features like escape button, symbol gain, respawn enemies and stuff to reduce grind, but there's always That One Trophy/etc that's just complete grind hell that ruins that whole mindset.

That's what I did.

Got Conquest & Holy Sword endings.
Now to skip through everything for the true ending.

Then do it all over again for the 6 other endings....?!?
Jesus H.

EDIT: Thus far I'll say that Re;birth 1 is the better game.

Just save before the ending and it takes like <10 minutes of grinding per Normal ending. You're not really meant to do a full playthrough for each ending.

Speaking of the Conquest ending in Re;birth 2 compared to MK2,
I'm not a fan that they changed the music for the CPU/Candidate battles, I thought the theme songs of each nation fit the battle more than the generic tough enemy music. :/ also Lowee's theme is possibly the best in the series, and you hear it like twice in Re;birth 2.

Yeah I was disappointed
you don't hear the Lowee theme in the fight. Especially since that song is about all the personality that Lowee has in it's entirety

Honestly scouts seem alright in Victory 2 so far, they're like Stella but short and with no actual loss or effort. My only complaint is the pointless 5-10 second animation to dispatch them to a new place

Actually, it's more terryifing. The villain loses like in every other end, but only in this end you get the information that the villain isn't to be destroyed like that. Beaten, yes, not able to work now and for a long time, yes. But she is forever and will come back some day. And only in the Conquest ending Nepgear knows about that und may move the world despite Despair's prohecy and can get it ready for the return. In every other ending everyone assumes that everything is going well, because they don't know, leaving themselves open to another attack someday.Yes, it's amazing. It's so randomly put into all this moe and cute. The way it's really serious and tragic is a good kind of meta humor.

I kind of interpreted it in the opposite way:
Nepgear has completely fucked everything because Arfoire will come back and there's no one to help her, and the nations are implied to crumble when ruled by force which will make even her powerless. Other endings will just have the CPUs take CFW down, Conquest is where Gameindustri falls for good. There's a reason Arfoire was just fine with the outcome and it's not because Nepgear will win next time.

It's pretty ridiculous you don't get the Oracles in NG+ after making them like the Candidates in Re;birth 1.
Also, am I the only one that enjoyed the Conquest ending? I thought it was tragic lol. :L

I wouldn't mind it if creepy people didn't obsess over it and/or use it a la MLP's "cupcakes" to troll fans

Chariot

kind of interpreted it in the opposite way:
Nepgear has completely fucked everything because Magic will come back and there's no one to help her, and the nations are implied to crumble when ruled by force which will make even her powerless. Other endings will just have the CPUs take CFW down, Conquest is where Gameindustri falls for good.
I think Arfoire is coming back anyway. The way she explained it, she isn't a being that can be erased. It's true the with all CPUs alive the fighting power would be much greater, however the crucial difference is that Nepgear know in Conquest that she is coming whilr in all other ends anybody just assumes her for dead. Plus you don't know what'll happen in the time she needs to come back. Will the CPUs really be as strong 100 years, 1000 years?
Afoire assumed Gameindustri to be doomed due lack of conflict since everything is united. But is that true? Even in peace people and technology will evolve. Especially when Nepgear knows that she has to be prepared. I also smell the potentional of a guerilla war against a resistance lead by Chika.

SerTapTap

I think Arfoire is coming back anyway. The way she explained it, she isn't a being that can be erased. It's true the with all CPUs alive the fighting power would be much greater, however the crucial difference is that Nepgear know in Conquest that she is coming whilr in all other ends anybody just assumes her for dead. Plus you don't know what'll happen in the time she needs to come back. Will the CPUs really be as strong 100 years, 1000 years?
Afoire assumed Gameindustri to be doomed due lack of conflict since everything is united. But is that true? Even in peace people and technology will evolve. Especially when Nepgear knows that she has to be prepared. I also smell the potentional of a guerilla war against a resistance lead by Chika.

The conflict mentioned is between CPUs/nations, which won't exist. The conflict she's referring to is console vs console which promotes growth, not console vs piracy which is no net gain at best. That's the whole point of the ending, that a one console future would be doomed to mediocrity and decline. I don't think there's any bright spot to be found in the conquest ending or dark spot in the others--yes Arfoire will come back, but as we see in...basically every other game, that happens all the time and isn't really a particularly significant problem, just kind of happens.

Also now that I think of it she'd probably just end up like Rei Ryghts anyway.

Falk

that puzzling face
The cursed sword managed to kill Underling. That feat completely defies all existential laws in the game universe because you can't ever kill Underling.

What's a revived Arfoire or two compared to that

Just save before the ending and it takes like <10 minutes of grinding per Normal ending. You're not really meant to do a full playthrough for each ending.
Ohhh okay.
Thanks, I'm making pretty good pace now.

Working through the city endings.

Although...
Oracle question:

Do Chika and Kei plans require materials from Chapter 7? I already have Mina & Histoire.
Figured that I might as well get all the oracles. I have the MBs for them, and I can get that level 99-ALL achievement taken care of.

Chariot

The conflict mentioned is between CPUs/nations, which won't exist. The conflict she's referring to is console vs console which promotes growth, not console vs piracy which is no net gain at best. That's the whole point of the ending, that a one console future would be doomed to mediocrity and decline. I don't think there's any bright spot to be found in the conquest ending or dark spot in the others--yes Arfoire will come back, but as we see in...basically every other game, that happens all the time and isn't really a particularly significant problem, just kind of happens.

Also now that I think of it she'd probably just end up like Rei Ryghts anyway.
This is surely how it meant to be. I just wanted to point out a few things that bugged me.

Ohhh okay.
Thanks, I'm making pretty good pace now.

Working through the city endings.

Although...
Oracle question:

Do Chika and Kei plans require materials from Chapter 7? I already have Mina & Histoire.
Figured that I might as well get all the oracles. I have the MBs for them, and I can get that level 99-ALL achievement taken care of.
Kei certainly does, she needs some electro switch from the Unterground LAN Castle.

Just got done with the True ending in Rebirth 2 as well and have to say, I honestly liked the Conquest ending more. It wasn't a bad ending exactly, just Conquest felt like it was better done in the end.

HGH

Banned
I think Holy Sword's the best. True is way too dumb and sappy, Conquest doesn't fit at all in terms of tone, and Normal just kinda ends early.

SerTapTap

Got some more swag in yesterday:

CGm_boLU8AAbnMw.jpg
CGnAwQ3UgAArn15.jpg
Need to get a picture of all my stuff to see if anyone can identify what Im' missing if anything, I THINK I have all manga/light novels now.
I think Holy Sword's the best. True is way too dumb and sappy, Conquest doesn't fit at all in terms of tone, and Normal just kinda ends early.

I think True is the best overall, Conquest was the best written though obviously dissonant, non-canon and an extreme matter of taste, True Holy Sword is eh, they clearly just stapled the true ending onto the Conquest ending. And it's really awkward since they cram in the boss rematches into a Mega Man style boss rush instead of pacing them sensibly like the True Ending does.

The normal ending extensions are cute though. I don't really think they should have been endings though, it'd make more sense if they were just unlockable scenes added to either normal or true ending if your lily rank was high enough.

Confirmed:

Best CPU candidate
Worst CPU
Worst Oracle

I really don't understand why there are people who hate Noire but love Uni when they are by far the most similar characters. Uni is Noire but a few years younger and with a confidence problem.

The cursed sword managed to kill Underling. That feat completely defies all existential laws in the game universe because you can't ever kill Underling.

What's a revived Arfoire or two compared to that

I actually laughed at that part.
I should have done that a long time ago...

Also I'm surprised Pirachu keeps coming back but never Linda. And no I will not call him Warechu nor will I say Eggman or Rockman.

Although...
Oracle question:

Do Chika and Kei plans require materials from Chapter 7?

Pretty sure they do, it's EXTREMELY annoying because I went for True Ending first, then looped, then found I would need to go BACK to that ending to get their stupid materials. Again, they should just leave the map unlocked and leave your characters for NG+, who cares about story reasons for limiting gameplay when you're in NG+

Vylash

went for the conquest ending last night but i guess i missed one of the chirper events so i did an emergency backtrack into the leanbox ending, also got symbol attack gain and chika's plan, apparently the items for the oracles are locked to chapter 7 so i guess i'll get their plans before going for conquest again

SerTapTap

Did Rom and Ram always have crazy low health? I almost never use 'em, but I just noticed in NepVII that they have half of Blanc's health at the same level. I don't recall character stats even being particularly distinct in prior games but I may be misremembering.

went for the conquest ending last night but i guess i missed one of the chirper events so i did an emergency backtrack into the leanbox ending, also got symbol attack gain and chika's plan, apparently the items for the oracles are locked to chapter 7 so i guess i'll get their plans before going for conquest again

250px-MovedeleterFRLG.png

Your VYLASH forgot how to use CURE!

And I wish they'd mark which chirpers were seen in the prior playthrough and denote the important ones (give items, unlock conquest). Redoing chirper was one of the worse parts of the replays. At least VII seems to not give out anything for chirper so far.

When I say Uni is the best candidate..that's not saying much at all.
It was mostly a joke anyway, I don't care for rankings.

Although I would gladly throw the following characters into a dumpster:

RED
Kei
Broccoli~nyu
5pb
Stella
RED

Anyway, all I have left in RB2 are the grind 200 plans and Stella achievements.
Apparently I missed some dungeon plans way back in NG+ chapter 2 so I have to do another NG+ to scoop that shit up.

BTW: Only Kei is locked behind Chapter 7. The materials for the other 3 Oracles can be collected in Chapter 6.

SerTapTap

Poor Stella doesn't even have a proper personality defined yet everyone will hate her for that awful minigame.
Can't blame 'em, I already do
. I don't really dislike anyone that much. Just Ram for being boring and a brat and Underling/Pirachu for OH MY GOD WHY ARE YOU HERE AGAIN, Midboss in Disgaea was much better handled as far as the recurring boss goes. Peashy's not great but she's at least more amusing as brat than Ram.

Oh right, I always forget Broccoli and Gust even exist. I don't actively dislike them but I'd never use them. I can't hate Kei because she's got a pretty sweet outfit.

so do I need to keep lily ranks down for the conquest ending now?

No, just fail to recruit one of the Makers (I think) and you can still get it, you can't permanently lock yourself out of anything. I did it on accident because I forgot to grab Falcom in yet another NG+

Vylash

chirper events for conquest are only in lowee, leanbox,and lastation right? internet says all 4 but i got planeptune to 55 shares and nothing, also says you can only see the events at 55 shares but all 3 are less than 10 on this playthrough and i've still seen all of them

Chariot

chirper events for conquest are only in lowee, leanbox,and lastation right? internet says all 4 but i got planeptune to 55 shares and nothing, also says you can only see the events at 55 shares but all 3 are less than 10 on this playthrough and i've still seen all of them
Only those three, yes. Use this, if you're unsure. Therea re even screenshots and the names of the people.

SerTapTap

Major oversight in Rebirth 2 is they seem to have omitted the animated Equalizer wave effect in her eyes when she gets excited.

Gradon

RED is so annoying, I wonder why she is so popular. I hope she was better in the original Neptunia, I never bought her DLC.

Top Bottom