• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia |OT|: Consoles in Games in Consoles

expy

Banned
As you can see, clearly bilingual box... But no release for the Canadian retail market and no answer to why that is.

iJwvJ.jpg

1lkkU.jpg

expy

Banned
LiK said:
ditto. looks like NISA shop gets them first.
They have no proper system in place for this I don't believe, their PR for this is horrible too. Pre-ordered mine on their store on the night of the 18th and still haven't heard a word from them, HORRIBLE. Better not screw up with Qoga too, but I wouldn't be surprised at this rate. Better not be shipping out those 'free shipping' orders first, that would be total bs to those who PAID for shipping.

Got an update from Amazon!

Hello,

We're sorry for the delay in shipping the order you placed on February 09 2011 (Order# XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX). We have good news -- the order is now being shipped! You should receive a shipping notification shortly, within the next business day, for the following item(s):

"Hyperdimension Neptunia"

The shipping notification will include an updated estimated delivery date and tracking information if it's available.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Also shows in stock for new orders!

LiK

expy said:
They have no proper system in place for this I don't believe, their PR for this is horrible too. Pre-ordered mine on their store on the night of the 18th and still haven't heard a word from them, HORRIBLE. Better not screw up with Qoga too, but I wouldn't be surprised at this rate. Better not be shipping out those 'free shipping' orders first, that would be total bs to those who PAID for shipping.
Yea, I wonder why people who paid for priority had to contact them to get free shipping from this fiasco.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
yeah, they shipped my order as well.

on another note, I should stop browsing Amazon while drunk

Just curious, has anyone that ordered from the NISA store actually had their copies shipped? I got a tracking number, but it still just says "Electronic Shipping Info Received".

expy

Banned
NISA said:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting NISA Online Store.

We have checked with the warehouse and it seems shipments will be completing hopefully by the end of today. We truly apologize for the inconveniences. Our warehouse do try their best to ship everything out in order, however due to time constraints and with the delay due to the weather they have been doing their best to get everything out. We do understand your frustrations concerning this as well as the shipping.

Your order is expected to ship by today. After this item ships you should receive a confirmation from the system. Please note however that sometimes you may receive this a day later. As for the bilingual packaging, in order for it to be sold in Canada, they require French to be on the packaging. We are working to hopefully have items sold in Canada, but at this time we are doing our best.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Again, we sincerely apologize for all of the inconveniences. You may also contact us 714-540-1122.

Sincerely,

Customer Support

Pre-order on the first day, doesn't matter! You'll get it last!

And totally went around my question regarding why the Limited Edition box has French on it despite not being available in Canada in the first place.

rainking187 said:
Just curious, has anyone that ordered from the NISA store actually had their copies shipped? I got a tracking number, but it still just says "Electronic Shipping Info Received".

Mine says the same thing too, though sometimes USPS never updates this and I would get the package while the status stays the same >.<

lljride

Glad I'm not the only one still waiting on NISA to ship. I probably won't be ordering from them again, I'll just use Amazon to buy Ar Tonelico.

MvC3 is helping to soften the delay though.

angelfly

"I won't let any of you selfish, icy bitches take the title of True Goddess"

Spoken like a true Wii

expy said:
Pre-order on the first day, doesn't matter! You'll get it last!

And totally went around my question regarding why the Limited Edition box has French on it despite not being available in Canada in the first place.
Half the manual is in French as well.

expy

Banned
angelfly said:
"I won't let any of you selfish, icy bitches take the title of True Goddess"

Spoken like a true Wii

Half the manual is in French as well.
The manual makes sense since it's the same manual for all editions of the game. But the LE cardboard box and 'game case' are ONLY available with the LE which isn't even available in Canada.

androvsky

I suspect the Canada issue is more a problem of retailers not wanting to carry it rather than NISA not wanting to sell it to them.

expy

Banned
androvsky said:
I suspect the Canada issue is more a problem of retailers not wanting to carry it rather than NISA not wanting to sell it to them.
It's a problem on NISA's side, at least that much was clear in the email I received.

We are working to hopefully have items sold in Canada, but at this time we are doing our best.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
expy said:
The manual makes sense since it's the same manual for all editions of the game. But the LE cardboard box and 'game case' are ONLY available with the LE which isn't even available in Canada.

Weird, because I just picked it up and was shocked to get the cardboard box with art book.

Which is too bad because I really wanted the Atelier Rorona book. :/
But it looks like Canada isn't getting screwed by NISA too much now at least.

Got my copy from NISA today. Probably start it in a couple of hours. The box the cards came in was a little disappointing. Haven't actually unwrapped the cards and looked at them yet though.

TimeKillr

expy said:
As you can see, clearly bilingual box... But no release for the Canadian retail market and no answer to why that is.

Huhhhhh.....

VGP is selling it. They shipped my copy yesterday.

They are definitely a canadian retailer....

angelfly

Square Triangle said:
Can someone explain to me how to use a item to heal? I'm not particularly good with JRPGs and I'm just totally confused.
You don't directly use them. Go into the item skill menu and put points into how often the character will use each item.

Ramune

Yep, just as I thought, with Free Shipping, it takes 2 days to get to CT. from CA. much like when I ordered Our Home's Fox Deity from the NISA store. In contrast, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (ordered from the Capcom store) is STILL in Indiana after 3-4 days now! @ _@

Haven't opened it yet, but I'm liking the box, as it's like Rorona's. I do echo rainking187's comments on the playing cards' box. But it does the job. Haven't taken my cards out either.

cyclenut

Got mine in today from amazon.

I really didn't understand at first but yeah, the boxes are obnoxiously large and hard to store. >_>

expy

Banned
Some guy got his delivered today and found out a card was missing from the bonus Neptunia playing card deck... NISA can't do anything right with this release.

angelfly said:
You don't directly use them. Go into the item skill menu and put points into how often the character will use each item.

Yeah I've done that and now after a couple fights a party member still won't heal and I'm on my toes worrying the enemy will target her. -_-

Got my email with tracking and such last night around 12:15am. Seems it left Anaheim at 6:11pm and is en route. Now to see how long it takes to get to San Antonio...

Giolon

My copy from Amazon arrived today. I'm just barely digging into it.

What I don't understand is how this game can look like a PS2 game, yet still run at like 20 fps...

androvsky

Giolon said:
My copy from Amazon arrived today. I'm just barely digging into it.

What I don't understand is how this game can look like a PS2 game, yet still run at like 20 fps...

Idea Factory. It's a minor miracle it looks as good as a PS2 game... :/

LiK

expy said:
Some guy got his delivered today and found out a card was missing from the bonus Neptunia playing card deck... NISA can't do anything right with this release.
Hope I have better luck.

Woot, I got mine today from NISA store. This is my first I guess premium edition from them and wasnt expecting the games box to be so, hm, huge?! Guess I need to keep it where I store the LBP2 CE Box. Love the cards!

Now to boot this baby up!

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Kuro Madoushi said:
Sooooo...does anybody feel this falls into the 'so bad it's good' category?

After Playing it for a while I don't think the game is bad at all I love the art direction, the story and chara are really funny and interesting and the gameplay is solid

There are technical issues but the game is so awesome so far I can overlook stuff like that

Only played for about an hour, but the game is actually better than I thought it would be. I expected the framerate to be a little smoother, given the relatively simple graphics, but I'm having fun. Some of the dialogue is very clever, music is good so far, and there are a lot of different "systems" that are introduced in the tutorial that I haven't really grasped yet. I've owned quite a few IF games and promptly sold most of them off in disgust, but this one is different. Packaging and art book are ace as well.

Mine just showed up around an hour ago. All cards are intact. The box was nearly the size of the Rorona box, which sort of surprised me.

Now to shelve it until I have time to dig into an RPG again, lol.

Wow the characters seem to desire to not heal themselves, I had to boost the points all the way up to 60% and maybe even higher when next I can.

Oh and the skill Fantasy Zone looks amazing and is so damaging. IF is my favorite so far.

Varshes

Don't know what people in Canada are talking about not being able to get the game. Got my copy of the premium edition at EB on Thursday.

tiff

Banned
hikarutilmitt said:
Mine just showed up around an hour ago. All cards are intact. The box was nearly the size of the Rorona box, which sort of surprised me.

Now to shelve it until I have time to dig into an RPG again, lol.
Yeah, I'm trying to decide if I want to start it up now or wait until I'm done with Rorona.

Gekko87

tiff said:
Yeah, I'm trying to decide if I want to start it up now or wait until I'm done with Rorona.
This is exactly my problem. I don't know how far you got but I'm 7th assignment. I just going to try to beat Rorona this weekend since its kinda short anyway. Neptunia is just sitting there and its killing me, I want to play it pretty bad.

Volcynika

Anyone know if there is some "true ending" kinda bullshit in this game? I know Cross Edge had some weird specifics in that game, but I've not heard anything about this game and weird objectives you have to complete to unlock some special thing.

expy

Banned
Varshes said:
Don't know what people in Canada are talking about not being able to get the game. Got my copy of the premium edition at EB on Thursday.
NISA's been horrible with their past few releases, not being clear on whether Canada was getting the same treatment as far as LEs went.

For Rorona they didn't release the LE here, and they had never said that Canada wasn't going to get it, all they said is that it was a GAMESTOP exclusive. (Rorona LE was bilingual with bilingual packaging as well, make sense?!). So, due to that confusion and lack of competence/CR/PR from NISA, a lot of doubt was put on whether or not Neptunia would get the shaft up in Canada as well. NISA never said, and still hasn't been clear on their intensions.

AniHawk

Volcynika said:
Anyone know if there is some "true ending" kinda bullshit in this game? I know Cross Edge had some weird specifics in that game, but I've not heard anything about this game and weird objectives you have to complete to unlock some special thing.

you have to have
all four goddesses
on your team before you
fight airfoire on the landmass where you finished collecting the hero weapons

expy said:
NISA better not fuck up the Qoga release. So far I'd rate their customer service a 0.5/10.

there's not much they can do. they have a full-time staff of about a 12-14 people (less who aren't boss-types), and that's no exaggeration.

Top Bottom