• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory |OT|: Tons and Tons of MOE!

Lucentto

Banned
The difficulty spikes are pretty nasty, though I haven't had that much trouble due to leveling while completing quest. Easily the hardest game in the series.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
The difficulty spikes are pretty nasty, though I haven't had that much trouble due to leveling while completing quest. Easily the hardest game in the series.

My best advice is to definitely fight as many baddies as possible in quests (save for the ones with the different cursor) and story dungeons to make bosses bearable.

I just started Chapter 2, so I haven't hit the spike yet.

Also looooooooooool at Iris Heart's opening.

It will hit you like a freight train, just fight fight fight!!!

Volcynika

kwf8A1c.jpg

That's right, Plutie!

Also saw a Last Rebellion reference. Silly NISA!

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just noticed that the NA version of the CD has 8 more tracks than the JP one. Sweet~

Hcoregamer00

I just got the
HDD forms too.

That scene was so good. I was grinning ear to ear the entire time.

What I enjoyed is that Compile Heart finally explained the origins of the HDD power and how new "countries" form, since in Neptunia and Mk2 you were pretty much there.

A silly little detail, but at least it is a nice nod to us longtime fans that wanted to know the origin stories of the Neptunia universe.

I've never played these games, should I start with the first one if I actually want to try? Also I heard gameplay was kind of bad in the first game...

Stark

Banned
I've never played these games, should I start with the first one if I actually want to try? Also I heard gameplay was kind of bad in the first game...

If you can push through the awful gameplay, play it for the story as kiryogi said. Otherwise, just move on and start with mk2.

kiryogi

Banned
omfg, what's with these OCD character acchievements. I'm seriously gonna be running around a dungeon and jumping like a fucking idiot the entire time. D:

Esura

Banned
What I enjoyed is that Compile Heart finally explained the origins of the HDD power and how new "countries" form, since in Neptunia and Mk2 you were pretty much there.

A silly little detail, but at least it is a nice nod to us longtime fans that wanted to know the origin stories of the Neptunia universe.

They kind of had an origin story in the first one for the four CPUs, the original CPU (The True Goddess), and Histoire. mk2 and now Victory just shits on it though lol. Neither of them also mentions Celestia, the home of the CPUs, in a non jokingly reference-y way either. Then again, they kind of had to reboot all the stuff from the first one to do mk2/V since the True Ending in the first one didn't really allow for a follow up.

Cross-post from the Pick-Up Post thread... HDN GET!

I've always been tempted by the previous games but never got around to picking one up until now, so this is my first foray into the Hyperdimension. I might be back here scrounging for help sooner rather than later ^_^

My copy finally shipped.

I'm actually kind of glad there are some spikes in difficulty.
I sort of steamrolled mk2. I ain't scared of grinding if necessary.

Hcoregamer00

Uh kind of bad is an understatement. More like unplayable. You'd only play it for the writing and characters

Lets not forget the music and the unique theming of the towns. I have been spoiled by the steampunk world of Lastation from the original Neptunia. The game world would be nicer with more steampunk representation.

They kind of had an origin story in the first one for the four CPUs, the original CPU (The True Goddess), and Histoire. mk2 and now Victory just shits on it though lol. Neither of them also mentions Celestia, the home of the CPUs, in a non jokingly reference-y way either. Then again, they kind of had to reboot all the stuff from the first one to do mk2/V since the True Ending in the first one didn't really allow for a follow up.

Very true, Neptunia in its own right was the origins story.

Ironically enough, with the whole parallel universe thing and this worlds way of creating CPU's in Victory they could have made a proper sequel of the original game. Oops!!!

Volcynika

Cross-post from the Pick-Up Post thread... HDN GET!

I've always been tempted by the previous games but never got around to picking one up until now, so this is my first foray into the Hyperdimension. I might be back here scrounging for help sooner rather than later ^_^

Forgot to respond to this. Welcome, new person! We will provide help whenever needed. :D

Quixzlizx

Who knows if/when I'll ever get to play it, but my LE arrived today, and it's really nice looking. I almost don't want to open it.

Shit... USPS tracking number says they delivered it but I haven't received it. And I can't even talk to a person at the post office till Monday since its closed now... Already sent a E-mail but I wont get a response till at least Tuesday from that... :(

bon

My limited edition came today. Now I can bring two lunches to work while making a bold statement about myself.

Ramune

My limited edition came today. Now I can bring two lunches to work while making a bold statement about myself.

Only a real man would bring a Neptunia lunchbox to work only to have yet another Neptunia lunchbox inside, with a badass lunch inside, and not give a Gundamn what people think. ;)

And I echo Quixzlizx's sentiments. This is a very nice tin, and while I'm not THAT type of person, this is one of the few times I feel conflicted about opening this thing up. What's worse is that....I've yet to open my Neptunia 1 & 2 LEs as I have yet to even play them. I'm so bad. >_<

Esura

Banned
Very true, Neptunia in its own right was the origins story.

Ironically enough, with the whole parallel universe thing and this worlds way of creating CPU's in Victory they could have made a proper sequel of the original game. Oops!!!

True.

I wonder will there be some sort of twist to these dimensional stuff. Welp, only time will tell. Time to go grind!

Oh, and am I the only person who bought the regular edition and the LE? I want to keep my LE all pristine and stuff on the shelf.

Hcoregamer00

So I'm 8 hours in and enjoying this game a lot. Plutia is so awesome.

She is, her sleepy and gentle personality is quite cute, and it is quite a contrast when she gets mad and Sadie (Nep's nickname for Iris Heart) pops out. Parallel Noire is awesome, she is still the super tsundere but being friends with Plutia added a gentle aspect of her that was less pronounced in the original game and Mk2.

The rating system sucks too, at the end of ch 2 I got 27/40 and at the end of ch 3 my score was LOWER with 24/40. Guess I gotta do more quests and scouting, ha ha ha.

Esura

Banned
You are a real otaku amongst otakus.

No I'm not.

She is, her sleepy and gentle personality is quite cute, and it is quite a contrast when she gets mad and Sadie (Nep's nickname for Iris Heart) pops out. Parallel Noire is awesome, she is still the super tsundere but being friends with Plutia added a gentle aspect of her that was less pronounced in the original game and Mk2.

The rating system sucks too, at the end of ch 2 I got 27/40 and at the end of ch 3 my score was LOWER with 24/40. Guess I gotta do more quests and scouting, ha ha ha.

I'm getting too many quests where I have absolutely no clue how I'm either supposed to get the item or find the enemy or quests where if I do find the enemy I get one shotted, and I'm only D rank. Like mk2 it seems like these quests were designed with end game in mind.

Hopefully chapter ratings doesn't tie into endings.

Volcynika

I'm trying to decide whether it'd be quicker to make a branch save later on (for the other endings) or at least get through it once then burn through to the split again.

Esura

Banned
I'm trying to decide whether it'd be quicker to make a branch save later on (for the other endings) or at least get through it once then burn through to the split again.

I'd do the last one. Seem like you'd be better prepared if you do it that way.

Volcynika

I'd do the last one. Seem like you'd be better prepared if you do it that way.

Yeah leaning that way. Not sure how hard the true ending would be (especially with people talking about difficulty spikes) so might just do whatever the most normal one is and then come back and do true.

Hcoregamer00

I'm getting too many quests where I have absolutely no clue how I'm either supposed to get the item or find the enemy or quests where if I do find the enemy I get one shotted, and I'm only D rank. Like mk2 it seems like these quests were designed with end game in mind.

Hopefully chapter ratings doesn't tie into endings.

Yeah, I have a huge stack of unfinished quests. Maybe I will slow down this chapter and try more.

It may be quicker, but the inner completionist tells me to get the normal ending first and max out the characters and weapons. The have an easy as pie second run where you finish the loose ends and get the true ending in 1/2 the time.

At least when you are super powerful the game's frustrating difficulty spikes will all be a bad memory.

To be honest, the difficulty spikes are definitely starting to smooth out later in the game, I haven't died in quite a while.

Esura

Banned
Yeah leaning that way. Not sure how hard the true ending would be (especially with people talking about difficulty spikes) so might just do whatever the most normal one is and then come back and do true.

I'm going to do the same too.

Yeah, I have a huge stack of unfinished quests. Maybe I will slow down this chapter and try more.

I've been attempting the quests but I just can't figure how to finish most of them. I finished Chapter 3 with a Quest rating of 4. And because of me not finishing quests like last chapter, my shares sucked too.

I think I'm going to save quests for next playthrough.

I've only played an hour or so of this but I like it so far. In a bit of a predicament, though... I've liked the dubs in the Neptunia games(for the most part), but they're always partially dubbed and I dunno if I want only a select few scenes to be voiced and just a lot of text, or fully voiced Japanese dub...

AGH THESE PROBLEMS ARE TOO MUCH

I've been attempting the quests but I just can't figure how to finish most of them. I finished Chapter 3 with a Quest rating of 4. And because of me not finishing quests like last chapter, my shares sucked too.
I think some quests aren't meant to completed until later on. I got a quest to kill an enemy near the end of chapter 2 and it killed me in a single hit.

I've only played an hour or so of this but I like it so far. In a bit of a predicament, though... I've liked the dubs in the Neptunia games(for the most part), but they're always partially dubbed and I dunno if I want only a select few scenes to be voiced and just a lot of text, or fully voiced Japanese dub...

AGH THESE PROBLEMS ARE TOO MUCH

IF they had started a Kickstarter to get all lines dubbed I would have donated.

Too bad.

I'm sticking with English so far as I think the VA is pretty good.

The fact that it's a partial dub does suck though.

I'm one step closer to playing Victory!! Finally got myself to buy the last "display" copy (god dammit gamestop). So once I beat this game, I can finally move onto Victory! I never thought I'd be so into this series.

If I order HDN V from the NISA store now, do you think it'll come as LE?

EDIT:
Found my own answer: no..

Esura

Banned
I think some quests aren't meant to completed until later on. I got a quest to kill an enemy near the end of chapter 2 and it killed me in a single hit.

Was it that Dolphin? Cause I hate that thing. :(

Like 90% of the game is voiced in Japanese.

For some reason this slightly bugs me.

That means only 30%-40% of this game is dubbed. Man us dub fans get the raw deal when it comes to stuff like this...I need to listen to more of Melissa Fahn dammit.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm just in the middle of chapter 3 and jeez, when I recruited the character, she was 4 levels ahead of me; I guess I need to grind a bit; I usually kill everything in sight too.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I only played the first game with the dub on and beat it once. Turned on the Japanese voices second play through and heard Asami Imai. I fell in love with Noire more. Still can't believe I almost played a game without realizing she was in.

Top Bottom