• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Mask

Does this support the Wii Classic Controller? Wanted to play co-op, but I don't have a Pro controller.

Also, anybody got their DLC code from Game UK yet? Wasn't any mention of the TP DLC when I preordered.

Kinsei

Banned
Hmmm I really wanna get this, but I'll have to wait a little. How long until the Dark Link thing disappears you think?

If it's like the other Nintendo DLC bonuses, never. Even if the discount goes away you should still be able to get him by buying every DLC pack.

SHarris78

Where do you input the code to get the Ocarina of Time outfit???

Edit: Ignore me, its in the eshop, but not available until tomorrow

Social

Does this support the Wii Classic Controller? Wanted to play co-op, but I don't have a Pro controller.

Also, anybody got their DLC code from Game UK yet? Wasn't any mention of the TP DLC when I preordered.

I got the DLC code a bit after my game code

munchie64

If it's like the other Nintendo DLC bonuses, never. Even if the discount goes away you should still be able to get him by buying every DLC pack.
Oh ok, thanks. That's good then. With the pre-order costumes also likely coming as DLC later, I may hold out on this for a little while.

daydream

Banned
Answering my second question from above, the finishers I mentioned occur when you hit drain an opponent's round life bar (which come up after an opponed has finished attacking, i.e. signifying a weak spot).

Could it be possible that heart pieces are what is found in story mode stages and heart containers are exclusive to adventure mode?

Nope, you can find them in story mode. I've found every HP and HC so far. They're usually in treasure chests that are.. kinda hidden. Not gonna lie, though, I've always found them pretty quickly.

Just found the ones in stage 3 and no, you don't require a hookshot or any item, really.

wrowa

It doesn't support the Classic Controller. At least it didn't pre-patch, not sure if they changed that.

It's quite frustrating since both Warriors Orochi 3 and Ken's Rage did support the CC. Hyrule Warriors does not, despite not being all too different from the other two games.

daydream

Banned
I see, I was wrong then.

Are you choosing the right characters? Because you really can't miss the HP in stage 3. Just gotta choose Impa and
play through the stage normally, the HP appears in a chest that materialises in the last square before the boss.

My problem is I was just conquering all the map and then my ally was nearly dead so rushed to the boss. That's why I couldn't find the pieces.

Ah.

TheMoon

Hmmm I really wanna get this, but I'll have to wait a little. How long until the Dark Link thing disappears you think?

Why would it disappear? It's just a bundle price for the whole collection of DLC. Nowhere does it even hint at being limited.

Another good Season Pass?
Why didn't Nintendo start this with SM3DL or SM3DW? :(

Captain Toad is their SM3DW "DLC." And I'd say that will probably turn out great.

Kouriozan

I don't think I had Impa in the 3rd stage. I was switching to the new character everytime (so Sheik there)
Back to my quizz!

daydream

Banned
I don't think I had Impa in the 3rd stage. I was switching to the new one everytime (so Shiek there)
Back to my quizz!

Ah yeah, gotta choose the chars that are next to the HP/HC in the menu (because they're the ones who'll get the extra life). I combine getting the HP/HC with doing the different difficulty levels.

Kouriozan

Hmm, does S rank really exist? :lol
There was only 3 monsters in the quizz and did it under 3 mins. Got A rank at KO/Time/Damage :s

ZeroAKA redid the banner in the OP a little; added a nicer font to it. He's also the one who added the nicer font to the character gallery.

i am a sad boy, why do i have to live in the US and not be able to get this game tomorrow on my birthday?

'Cause your good pals are gonna hook you up with some chicks on your birthday so you wouldn't have time to play it anyway! Also happy birthday in advance, remember not to make a "it's my birthday" thread, it'll get you banned and then the birthday sucks.

Reknoc

Can you get all of the heart containers and Skulltulas without any of the items from future stages?

no. unless I'm dumb (highly likely) you cannot get the gold skulltula in the first OoT stage without a hookshot, which you can get before you do that level but you're not guaranteed to have it when you do it.

Kinsei

Banned
no. unless I'm dumb (highly likely) you cannot get the gold skulltula in the first OoT stage without a hookshot, which you can get before you do that level but you're not guaranteed to have it when you do it.

You don't get the hookshot in an OoT level, despite it being the only one of the three game represented to actually have a hookshot?

SoldnerKei

i am a sad boy, why do i have to live in the US and not be able to get this game tomorrow on my birthday?

I feel ya bro, tomorrow is my birthday too :c
oh well, till next week, on the bright side, I really doubt that I will be playing anything tomorrow, so it's ok lol

ZeroAKA redid the banner in the OP a little; added a nicer font to it. He's also the one who added the nicer font to the character gallery.

'Cause your good pals are gonna hook you up with some chicks on your birthday so you wouldn't have time to play it anyway! Also happy birthday in advance, remember not to make a "it's my birthday" thread, it'll get you banned and then the birthday sucks.

Oh, well when you put it in that light then I guess you are correct, haha

I feel ya bro, tomorrow is my birthday too :c
oh well, till next week, on the bright side, I really doubt that I will be playing anything tomorrow, so it's ok lol

Nice! happy birthday!

Reknoc

You don't get the hookshot in an OoT level, despite it being the only one of the three game represented to actually have a hookshot?

the game i'm pretty sure you get it in (judging from the treehouse footage) not only has one hookshot, but two

MattyG

Banned
I've never even touched a Dynasty Warriors style game, but I LOVE Zelda. Still can't decide if I want to pick this up or not.

wrowa

Don't worry, I'll turn 25 tomorrow and I'll get to play the game. I celebrate it for you. <3

Well, I actually finished the game already and I'm about 200km away from my Wii U right now, so I won't be able to the game tomorrow after all. But who cares about details.

Kouriozan

I think I'll stop for now, I'm already at 6 hours of playtime, it's really addicting.
Still no Link to save in adventure mode but I guess that's because the Miiverse community isn't up yet.

wrowa

I think I'll stop for now, I'm already at 6 hours of playtime, it's really addicting.
Still no Link to save in adventure mode but I guess that's because the Miiverse community isn't up yet.

I encountered plenty of network Links the last few weeks already, so it actually shouldn't be dependent on the Miiverse community.

Netto-kun

Game get with a bigger than expected scarf and ugly ass USK rating on the cover.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu6tkqya83rpi03/2014-09-18 19.42.44.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/prhkppnmqpkl8ti/2014-09-18 19.43.39.jpg?dl=0

Cutscenes now look so weird (or wrong?) while Link is using this costume.
Bx1lGPkCIAAlLvG.jpg:large

zroid

Banned
It doesn't support the Classic Controller. At least it didn't pre-patch, not sure if they changed that.

It's quite frustrating since both Warriors Orochi 3 and Ken's Rage did support the CC. Hyrule Warriors does not, despite not being all too different from the other two games.

I didn't even know that. Guess I lucked out since I just picked up a WUPC a week ago.

Jackano

So the Dark Link costume/update is up in EU but not in Japan?
It seems that way to me.

Edit: NVM. The costume is 3000 yens and release on Sept. 30th in Japan!! No season pass promo so.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I was surprised to get the code for Twilight Princess Costume Pack for pre-ordering digital at Game. I thought the DLC is not for digital. Now only if Nintendo would unlock already the eshop download.

SoldnerKei

So the Dark Link costume/update is up in EU but not in Japan?
It seems that way to me.

Edit: NVM. The costume is 3000 yens and release on Sept. 30th in Japan!! No season pass promo so.

what?? 3000 yens for just a costume seems quite high for just a color swap, or do they include something else?

I guess it's safe to bet that US will have this content on release date right?

Nintendo confirmed on their Twitter that the bundle of all 4 DLC packs will be $20 in the US, & of course we get the Dark Link costume as well.

well, if the 3000 = 20dlls it kind of makes sense, nice

Danneee

Got this in the mail today and it sure is a warriors game. Really fun thought even for me who isn't a fan of the genre, got to the third boss before I actually lost a battle, on normal. The usual Zelda strategies seem ps so work on bosses.
Ok variety for the genre. Really nice graphics and not as much pop in as I expected. Easily worth the low price I paid.

What's the GamePad use like in this? I'm trying to work out if I should bother taking it out of its drawer or stick with just the Pro Controller or Wiimote/Nunchuk combo.

TheMoon

what?? 3000 yens for just a costume seems quite high for just a color swap, or do they include something else?

I guess it's safe to bet that US will have this content on release date right?

I think he completely misinformed himself wherever this comes from. Japan gets the same bundle deal where you get Dark Link if you prepurchase all 4 packs. What happens on September 30 is the 1.3.0 patch that adds Cia, Volga and Wizzro for free.

What's the GamePad use like in this? I'm trying to work out if I should bother taking it out of its drawer or stick with just the Pro Controller or Wiimote/Nunchuk combo.

This is a Pro Controller game. GamePad is obviously just inventory stuff.

How in the ruddy nora am I supposed to beat
King Dodongo?
I'm playing on hard mode and his health is immense. I get that you're supposed to use magic to knock him down and attack, but I only have enough magic on the entire field to do this once (I went through the stage again and just didn't collect any magic, saving them until the end.)

I also think it's pretty dumb that if you lure him away from Hyrule Castle and well into the field, he still destroys it over time. What's with that - he's nowhere near that keep.

So far, I've found the level suitably difficult but the boss ridiculous. I must be doing something wrong. I don't fancy knocking the difficulty down as then the levels will be too easy. :/

Top Bottom