• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How in the ruddy nora am I supposed to beat
King Dodongo?
I'm playing on hard mode and his health is immense. I get that you're supposed to use magic to knock him down and attack, but I only have enough magic on the entire field to do this once (I went through the stage again and just didn't collect any magic, saving them until the end.)

I also think it's pretty dumb that if you lure him away from Hyrule Castle and well into the field, he still destroys it over time. What's with that - he's nowhere near that keep.

So far, I've found the level suitably difficult but the boss ridiculous. I must be doing something wrong. I don't fancy knocking the difficulty down as then the levels will be too easy. :/

Did you get the bomb item?

TheMoon

Not just the original. Every Zelda game with a Dodongo boss has made you throw bombs in its mouth,

And it's been the boss they fought in every demo of this game so far and every preview/interview mentioned that you can/have to throw bombs in his mouth. :D

Not just the original. Every Zelda game with a Dodongo boss has made you throw bombs in its mouth,

What a brain fart on my part, then! I was too busy thinking "How would you usually defeat a boss in a Dynasty Warriors game?" and totally forgot about the whole Zelda boss thing.

And it's been the boss they fought in every demo of this game so far and every preview/interview mentioned that you can/have to throw bombs in his mouth. :D

Shh. SHH.

Dizzy

Banned
Been playing on hard because the game was so easy but I've just beat
Zant
and
Darunia
and it probably took half an hour to beat them each or something like that. They block a lot and any attacks that do hit only seem to chip away at their health. The counter move is the only way to cause good damage but even then its still slow.

So I'm wondering for people that know these games. Are they a lot quicker on normal? And if I came back later when I've leveled up anf got better weapons would they die quicker? Or do they level scale?

Kouriozan

So I'm wondering for people that know these games. Are they a lot quicker on normal? And if I came back later when I've leveled up anf got better weapons would they die quicker? Or do they level scale?
It don't scale, and yes, I killed Girahim in 1 min. in normal.
Hard is good but the low character/weapons power might makes fight take ages.

Dizzy

Banned
It don't scale, and yes, I killed Girahim in 1 min. in normal.
Hard is good but the low character/weapons power might makes fight take ages.
I see. Thanks.

I might go back to normal and do hard later then. The game is fun but the bosses are quickly becoming such a grind.

Sify64

If anyone doesn't want their Skyward Sword costume pack, I'd like to swap it for my code of Twilight Princess pack if you are interested.

daydream

Banned
Heh, I briefly forgot about *who* I was fighting during the Dodongo battle, as well, so don't feel too bad, checkeredknight. Didn't take me too long to notice, though, thankfully.

jmizzal

If anyone doesn't want their Skyward Sword costume pack, I'd like to swap it for my code of Twilight Princess pack if you are interested.

Speaking of the skin packs, do we know if they will be on the eShop for sale yet? I have SS pack but I would like the others too

TheMoon

TheGameCollection! They had it for ~£32 with shipping included. It was the cheapest alternative (at least then!).

Shop4World had a 5 off 25gbp coupon last week, that's when I switched my order. Brought the game down to 28gbp with shipping included. Sorry if I now made you feel worse about your order^^ ...maybe it helps for whatever's next, though? :D

Or wait ... I guess their shipping rates suck for everything but Germany or some select lucky countries:
International Delivery

We now offer shipping to the countries specified below:
Germany £1.99 per order
Spain, France, Italy, Holland, Ireland £2.99 per order
Rest of Europe £5.99 per order
USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand £2.99 per order
Rest of the World £6.99 per order

Just out of curiosity, why would you do that anyway? Isn't it out in all of Europe on the 19th?

Games are bizarrely cheap in the UK. The game costs almost twice as much in Sweden. So I usually import games, except we do have good sales in Sweden and after a while games enter good price points here too. I probably shouldn't do this for games that I'm really excited for though ;b

imae

Enjoying this game way more than I thought I would!.

Is this a game that should be played through on Hard for someone that wants a bit of a challenge?. I've only done the first 4 story missions on Normal but it's been mostly very easy so far, does Normal start picking up?.
EDIT: Kai Dracon kinda answered this on page 9, thanks!.

Coketruck

Played the demo at Target (Hyrule Field level, from the start until the King Dodongo fight). Huge Zelda fan, never touched a Dynasty Warriors game in my life.

I can see how the whole thing might be repetitive (especially at whatever incredibly-easy difficulty setting the demo was), but between actually learning and using combos and different characters, combined with higher difficulties and intermixed with a flood of Zelda stuff... Yeah, I'm in.

So this is pretty fun, note to self to never set off a cucco frenzy when fighting a dragon again, clusterfuck doesn't even begin to describe it.

Aramiyo

Banned
Got my copy today despite it not being out until tomorrow!

That's twice I got lucky this week, I got Theatrhythm two days before EU release.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm surprised that a demo isn't up on the eshop. You'd think with so many people on the fence that NoE and NoA would want as many people as possible to be able to try it out.

So anyway, I'm sure everyone can imagine what characters will come from the Majora's Mask DLC (Tingle? Skull kid? Deku Link?), but what character could come from the Twilight Princess pack? One of the bosses? The yeti? Wolf Link probably wouldn't make sense since we already have Midna.

So anyway, I'm sure everyone can imagine what characters will come from the Majora's Mask DLC (Tingle? Skull kid? Deku Link?), but what character could come from the Twilight Princess pack? One of the bosses? The yeti? Wolf Link probably wouldn't make sense since we already have Midna.

I had no great interest in more TP characters until you reminded me of Yeto, now I'll accept nothing else, well except Yeta, either is fine.
They could go completely out there and make it like Malo or something, after Agitha the doors pretty open. Maybe some of the more combat geared members of the 5 person strong resistance group, or perhaps even the non combat focused members like giving Shad the Dominion Rod and one of those statues to fool around with.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I left it too late to get the pre-order costume so I think I'll wait on this. Well at least now I can focus on finishing Xenoblade without that 'new game must play' feeling hanging over me.

Kinsei

Banned

If I had to guess.

Master Quest Pack
I'd imagine everything in the pack is related to the new scenario, so I don't think anyone could predict it.

Twilight Princess
New character: Yeto/Yeta
New weapon: Midna's true form
New costumes: Yeto/Yeta (Whoever isn't the default) and either a farm hand or Hero's Shade costume for Link.

Majora's Mask
New characters: Tingle and Happy Mask Salesman (Even though I would much prefer Skull Kid and Mikau)
Costumes: Lulu for Ruto, Darmani for Darunia, and
an alt for the Great Fairy that's a palette of one of the MM Great Fairies.

I don't think we'll get Skull Kid because
Great Fairy
can already summon the move as part of their (I'm using their so I don't give away the characters gender) moveset.

I don't think we'll get Skull Kid because
Great Fairy
can already summon the move as part of their (I'm using their so I don't give away the characters gender) moveset.

Ah okay. It's still a really big character though; they might just never mind that and do it anyway! To be honest though if you ask me any of the Majora's Mask characters would be really cool to play as, but Tingle is most definitely going to be one.

But as for Twilight Princess, the Yeti is what both of you mentioned (as did I). I honestly barely even remember many other unique characters. The apes, maybe? They could go Agitha-crazy though, yeah. I wouldn't mind that.

Top Bottom