• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I've never really played Dynasty Warriors and only have a cursory knowledge of them -- But it looks like, as the OT says, the enemies in the game don't really attack.

Therefore am I to assume any challenge is more tactical -- making decisions about where to go on the map and what to do -- or perhaps there's really no challenge?

That said, I love Zelda, I love the nostalgic visuals and sounds, and I'll definitely buy this.

Based on those who have played it so far, the recommendation is to go straight to hard difficulty which is unlocked from the start.

But generally speaking, following the warriors tradition it should go like this: "hard" will make enemy officers tougher and provide a threat of failing missions during battles. The unlockable "chaos" difficulty is where things get mean and you can actually die quickly. The normal creeps will poke at you interrupting strings, and officers will do KO combos if you don't dodge and pay attention to their tells.

Chaos is there as a goal for upgrading characters. Overall, it's best to think of the player character as this big hero on the field who is pushing back mobs of normal soldiers for the benefit of their own army, getting into duels with enemy officers and bosses.

They better make the retailer exclusive DLC purchasable at some point.

Any news on that?

Yeah man, I even mentioned it in the OP. They'll be on the eShop, I don't know when though. They should just do a package with all the pre-order DLC and all the new DLC coming out and release it at a solid price; a season pass of sorts.

Dr Dogg

It's been years since I've played a Warriors game but been a Zelda nut for the last 25+ years so plonked down a preorder for this when I found a decent price. Popped home for lunch and thankfully the postie had turned up already so had a quick blast through the first tutorial Mission and I must have had a big dumb grin on my face the whole time. I can see how this might have a touch of the repetition that previous Warriors or Musou games had that I've played that turned me off somewhat. Though reading Jim Sterling's review it sounds like there's a fair amount to unlock and play around with. So far definitely a game to scratch my mindless fun itch.

daydream

Banned
Yeah man, I even mentioned it in the OP. They'll be on the eShop, I don't know when though. They should just do a package with all the pre-order DLC and all the new DLC coming out and release it at a solid price; a season pass of sorts.

Yeah, just wanted to know if they clarified a bit seeing as they're talking DLC today.

Love the updated OP btw!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Bosses only give you 1 kill, right? Seems like avoiding them makes more sense than fighting them.

Just beat on grunts and take bases. Watch the kill count go up. Once you get 1.5k kills you should be good.

Getting S Rank is based on fast times, KO count being over 1000, and not taking damage.

And yeah a boss only counts as 1 kill.

Dr Dogg

Has anyone who orrdered from GAME, Amazon UK or SHopTo received their costume codes yet?

I got an email yesterday from Two Shops saying to claim my code but it doesn't seem to be active yet on the eShop. I guess it's to do with not officially being released until tomorrow.

For most of the stages in Adventure mode. S rank need 1200 kills, stage finished in 15 min. Damage taken depends on difficulty. Less then 4000~6000 is OK for most of stages, for harder stages damage over 10000 is fine. One heart equals 400 damage.
People will understand when they try to unlock LV2 baton.

Deku Tree

I buy every first party Nintendo Wii U title day 1, I realize this was farmed out, and I am still on the fence. Is there any reason I should buy this day one?

Kouriozan

Oh, there is a new update!
I already downloaded one this morning when I got the game (1.2)

Edit : it's 1.2.1, it add Dark Link.
And you can pre-purchase the DLC, woot!

Edit 2 : 15€ for ALL PACKS, cheaper than in Japan.

Edit 3 : Dark Link get!
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01d3sdj.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, 15€ for the bundle? So it seems the US price might be around $20-ish. Considering how great the MK8 DLC was priced, it seems like we might get a good deal again.

darkmagus

Wow, 15€ for the bundle? So it seems the US price might be around $20-ish. Considering how great the MK8 DLC was priced, it seems like we might get a good deal again.

I hope so, given that we still have to buy the costumes sets later. this game is going to be very expensive.

also

Banned

WTH, 15€? Japan has to pay 4100 yen which would normally translate to ~40€ (100 yen = 1$=1€) or ~30€ based on the current exchange rate. That's like a 50% discount, are you sure it's for all 4 packs?

Golnei

WTH, 15€? Japan has to pay 4100 yen which would normally translate to ~40€ (100 yen = 1$=1€) or ~30€ based on the current exchange rate. That's like a 50% discount, are you sure it's for all 4 packs?

It seems to be roughly $20 for all packs outside Japan - at least, it lists the bundle as $19.50 when I view it through the eshop. Perhaps KT decided that domestic otaku were easier to milk.

Kinsei

Banned

I imagine that K-T sets the Japanese price and NoE sets the European price.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
the OT came out real nice in the end! kudos OP!

Kouriozan

My first game over, I was busy exploring everthing then Fi died :x
Thankfully there is checkpoints so you don't lose 20 mins like in Warriors Orochi.

daydream

Banned
I'm really taking my time with the stages, doing all the difficulty levels first, looking for the heart containers, etc.

Game is super addictive.

I think I'm close to the end of the game, after the
branching paths
there is just one stage left called
epilogue
in which I have to play as
Link
. Maybe it's not the end of the Legend Mode yet? I'll see later tonight.

Europe release is tomorrow. Some just got the game early in the mail.

GAME stores in Spain released it yesterday afternoon.

That's not too bad. Not too bad at all!

Semajer

Does anyone know what's up with the Hard Mode+ Skulltulas? I tried the first stage on hard with the weapon it told me to, and killed all the enemies on the map but no Skulltula showed up.

Son Of D

Just got an email from Amazon UK telling me that my copy won't arrive until Saturday now. Didn't realise that ShopTo were also giving away the Ocarina DLC, might cancel my Amazon order and go there. Same price and I get my preferred DLC pack. Doubt they'll get it to me by tomorrow though, which is annoying since I'm out all day Saturday.

daydream

Banned
I've really enjoyed all the characters and weapons so far. I got two questions, though:

1. How do I choose what song Sheik plays on her harp? As far as I can tell, she just chooses randomly when I press X.

2. Sometimes, I get cool finishing animations without using my special attack (A) or magic gauge (R). What exactly triggers those? (Edit: found out what does it, see below)

Can you get all of the heart containers and Skulltulas without any of the items from future stages?

So far, no issues. I think the hookshot things Kourio mentioned are just for climbing walls you'd normally only jump down from. Then again, I'm pretty early still.

Mesoian

Based on those who have played it so far, the recommendation is to go straight to hard difficulty which is unlocked from the start.

But generally speaking, following the warriors tradition it should go like this: "hard" will make enemy officers tougher and provide a threat of failing missions during battles. The unlockable "chaos" difficulty is where things get mean and you can actually die quickly. The normal creeps will poke at you interrupting strings, and officers will do KO combos if you don't dodge and pay attention to their tells.

Chaos is there as a goal for upgrading characters. Overall, it's best to think of the player character as this big hero on the field who is pushing back mobs of normal soldiers for the benefit of their own army, getting into duels with enemy officers and bosses.

So there is Chaos difficulty. Good, I was starting to wonder.

Kouriozan

I'm taking all my time to conquer everything on the map and your allies can die too fast, even on normal :lol
Still have yet to find a single full heart container, despite taking 30 mins to clear a map, but I can find heart pieces easily.

Son Of D

Cancelled my Amazon order and went with ShopTo. Will be dispatched tomorrow for a Saturday delivery. Not sure how they send the DLC code though. Based on what the email says they'll likely email me the code upon dispatch.

Kouriozan

There is a "quizz" mission in adventure mode, let's try that.
Oh and Lana with spear isn't very good for me.
For now I'm in love with Impa, trying her naginata now,

Kinsei

Banned
I'm taking all my time to conquer everything on the map and your allies can die too fast, even on normal :lol
Still have yet to find a single full heart container, despite taking 30 mins to clear a map, but I can find heart pieces easily.

Could it be possible that heart pieces are what is found in story mode stages and heart containers are exclusive to adventure mode?

Top Bottom