• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Kinsei

Banned
Ah okay. It's still a really big character though; they might just never mind that and do it anyway! To be honest though if you ask me any of the Majora's Mask characters would be really cool to play as, but Tingle is most definitely going to be one.

But as for Twilight Princess, the Yeti is what both of you mentioned (as did I). I honestly barely even remember many other unique characters. The apes, maybe? They could go Agitha-crazy though, yeah. I wouldn't mind that.

Hero's Shade
Telma
Shad
Ashei
Rusl
Auru

For a WTF character they could go with Malo

daydream

Banned
I've said it before but I really want a Skyward Sword DLC pack with Peatrice as playable character.

Oh, and Groose so that the internet can shut up already. :p

Indeed we're missing DLC options for OoT and SS

WYlTzPQ.png

20Aq9jA.png

Let's do this, it would work somehow.
Well Kaepora was in Majora's Mask, time to pin my unrealistic hopes on him and King Deku Scrub.

Jawmuncher

The reason those demos are in store kiosks is the exact reason it isn't available to download at the moment.

They've been there for quite awhile though.
I don't see the harm in people who already own the hardware being able to download the demo. In case they don't want to travel to one.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Combine Rauru with Gaebora.

You control Rauru, and he fights by sending out Gaebora to attack foes. Also he can use the LLTP Medallions (since he gave you a Medallion in OoT y'know, symbolic), even though he never used them in the games.

Valus

So anyway, I'm sure everyone can imagine what characters will come from the Majora's Mask DLC (Tingle? Skull kid? Deku Link?), but what character could come from the Twilight Princess pack? One of the bosses? The yeti? Wolf Link probably wouldn't make sense since we already have Midna.

Pretty sure it's the real twilight princess.

I've really enjoyed all the characters and weapons so far. I got two questions, though:

1. How do I choose what song Sheik plays on her harp? As far as I can tell, she just chooses randomly when I press X.

2. Sometimes, I get cool finishing animations without using my special attack (A) or magic gauge (R). What exactly triggers those? (Edit: found out what does it, see below)

So far, no issues. I think the hookshot things Kourio mentioned are just for climbing walls you'd normally only jump down from. Then again, I'm pretty early still.
It depends on the last strong attack you uesd.(it's called strong attack in English, right?) By the way, the water type one is OP.

daydream

Banned
It depends on the last strong attack you uesd.(it's called strong attack in English, right?)

Thanks, I got that part, haha.

Nah, I meant the "cinematic" finishers. Like I said in my edit, though, I found out what it was. When you wait for the bigger enemies to do an attack (and avoid that), they expose a little Mario 64-style health bar (= moment of weakness) and when you drain that, you get said finisher. Also, it depends on proximity, so if you're not close enough, they'll have a yellow circle around them for a short while so if you missed the finisher you can still trigger it by just walking into that circle.

By the way, the water type one is OP.

What does it do exactly? I'm guessing you can't choose what melody she plays?

RPGCrazied

You can play this with the Wiimote yes? Also what displays on the gamepad if you are playing with that in solo mode? Map?

daydream

Banned
You can play this with the Wiimote yes? Also what displays on the gamepad if you are playing with that in solo mode? Map?

Your allies (and their health bars) as well as an event log for what's happened on the battlefield. Map is in the right corner of the TV.

For Off-TV play, it just copies the image from the TV. Works really well, actually.

Thanks, I got that part, haha.

Nah, I meant the "cinematic" finishers. Like I said in my edit, though, I found out what it was. When you wait for the bigger enemies to do an attack (and avoid that), they expose a little Mario 64-style health bar (= moment of weakness) and when you drain that, you get said finisher. Also, it depends on proximity, so if you're not close enough, they'll have a yellow circle around them for a short while so if you missed the finisher you can still trigger it by just walking into that circle.

What does it do exactly? I'm guessing you can't choose what melody she plays?
It's a water shield, you can hardly get hurt while using it.

jlscool

The TP pack new character would be great if it was Midna's true form, but I wonder if that would not happen because it is a spoiler for the original game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The TP pack new character would be great if it was Midna's true form, but I wonder if that would not happen because it is a spoiler for the original game.

TP Pack will probably be a new character from TP and the new Weapon will likely be for Midna. It is still Midna. Same entity. And was never handled in the manner of Sheik.

We could get the Postman for all we know.

daydream

Banned
They can exist at the same time.

Hm, so you can choose which song plays? If I recall correctly, the choice of melody was just random with the water shield coming up the most. I also did some googling and found footage of a dark spell which never came up for me. I must be missing something.

Hm, so you can choose which song plays? If I recall correctly, the choice of melody was just random with the water shield coming up the most. I also did some googling and found footage of a dark spell which never came up for me. I must be missing something.
Like what I said before, the song depends on which type of attack you used last(Y*n+X), there will be a small icon under your heart bar.

daydream

Banned
Like what I said before, the song depends on which type of attack you used last(Y*n+X), there will be a small icon under your heart bar.

Oh whoops, I thought you were referring to my second question with that answer. Sorry buddy, it's getting late for me. :) Thanks a bunch, that's really helpful.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Perhaps Fierce Deity Link will be a costume or perhaps you can use his sword. I don't think they'll make him one of the two MM characters.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
They've been there for quite awhile though.
I don't see the harm in people who already own the hardware being able to download the demo. In case they don't want to travel to one.

Heh, no its not that Nintendo is incapable, its moreso likely these promotional kiosks were part of a structured plan negotiated with retailers months ago. There is no gained foot traffic in these participating stores if everyone can freely download the demo in the comfort of their homes. Part of the negotiation process probably ensured Nintendo provides the demo kiosk without offering an eShop option(at least for a stated time).

Just my assumption.

Semajer

Did anyone order from the Nintendo UK Store? The e-mail I got said that the pre-order costume code will be sent at 00:00 a.m., but I don't have any e-mails, or messages on the site.

JoeM86

Registered my game on Club Nintendo, they say the code will be e-mailed within 48 hours and up on Club Nintendo within 24 hours.

So inefficient, you'd think it'd be up instantly like the free game campaign was.

Registered my game on Club Nintendo, they say the code will be e-mailed within 48 hours and up on Club Nintendo within 24 hours.

So inefficient, you'd think it'd be up instantly like the free game campaign was.

Did you get an email right after registering the game at club nintendo? I didn't get anything, not even a special message announcing the email.

69wpm

So I bought the game from the eShop. How do we Europeans get the Ganondorf costumes? Didn't get any e-mail.

JoeM86

Did you get an email right after registering the game at club nintendo? I didn't get anything, not even a special message announcing the email.

Nope, just a note above the "It is now registered" thing saying it.

So I bought the game from the eShop. How do we Europeans get the Ganondorf costumes? Didn't get any e-mail.

Register on Club Nintendo, and they'll e-mail a code within 48 hours.

Reknoc

Finished the story mode last night. It was a fun if not quite terrible story but also allowed for a cool bit near the end. The last boss was, somewhat literally, exactly as terrible as all the other bosses. Now I've unlocked hero difficultly, and a second set of skulltulas with more requirements. Probably won't bother with them yet as I want to move onto adventure mode.

69wpm

Nope, just a note above the "It is now registered" thing saying it.

Register on Club Nintendo, and they'll e-mail a code within 48 hours.

Lol, nevermind. The code is already in my account. I had to log in again. Very weird, no message, nothing.

Mail just brought the game. Have to work doing some sprites in the morning but this afternoon is going to be all playtime

This is my first dinasty warriors type game, i always wanted to play one but never got the chance.
Do you recommend me to play on hard even being my first time?

I got around to downloading the OoT costumes, and man, does Link's kokiri costume look bad. It really seems like they just took it from OoT3D and put it here.

I just also used
Fi
for the first time, and I love this character. The way they've managed to keep it like the original game is fantastic.

Lol TheGameCollection

Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in receiving your dispatch email. Whilst invoicing and processing the orders for Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) on Wednesday 17th September, our system encountered an error and prevented us from sending the orders to dispatch.

Although you have only just received your email this afternoon, please be assured that we manually dispatched and shipped all of the orders on Wednesday afternoon. So although it did not appear as dispatched, your purchase was physically dispatched and shipped from our warehouse.

So I guess my game has been shipped after all then. I should get to join the game latest on Wednesday next week.

Rich!

Hmmmmm. £31 on Game.co.uk for the download code, I have £3 of points on my GAME card, and the purchase will round me up to another £5 of premium promotional credit from Nintendo

I guess I should buy it, right?

Anyone else pre-order from Best Buy? I've never pre-ordered a game from them, let alone one with a DLC pre-order bonus. Will they have slips with the game when you buy it?

Top Bottom