• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Hmm, I haven't been grinding, but I was thinking about it for make getting these lv 3 weapons easier, but I think I just need to up the level I try it at. I think 60 is my lower limit for now. I just barely finished Agitha's with 15 seconds left at 60 . . .

And I really wish there was a way to turn the zoom off when you defeat an enemy. The camera constantly turning away from where I'm looking is making the one touch kill stages needlessly hard to A rank

scottnak

Had lots of fun playing this with my brother when I went home for the weekend.
Good stuff. I knew I would enjoy this, but not this much...

Bayonetta might have to wait a bit... heh...

ScottNak is my NNID, I'll try to add some of you guys when I get back home.

So I just did the first level of master quest and it seems im doing somthing wrong becuase im not getting as many enemies as people are getting here.

I defeated Zelda and then the Poes what makes more enemies appear, but not even near the quantity ive seen in some posts here so you can get 500 easily with the focus spirit.

Maybe is another level?

georly

So I just did the first level of master quest and it seems im doing somthing wrong becuase im not getting as many enemies as people are getting here.

I defeated Zelda and then the Poes what makes more enemies appear, but not even near the quantity ive seen in some posts here so you can get 500 easily with the focus spirit.

Maybe is another level?

Kill dodongo, too.

Kill all the transport captains but don't pick up the magic jars.

Then kill until you're low, run to jar, repeat until you're out of jars. I got like 800 doing it this way.

Kill dodongo, too.

Ahhh, that explains it. Thanks!
That motherfucker didnt open the mouth once, so I let him be and continued killing mobs.

BTW The RNG of attacks of king dodongo is atrocious. At least Gohma, Mandhala and Argorok usually do attacks to show their weakpoints. Most often than not you can have one dodongo do like 5 attacks where you can bomb in cycle and another dodondo not show the weakpoint attacks in 2 minutes of him cicling stupid shit.

Fandangox

I will never stop being amazed at this game's ability to somehow deduce I want to target the enemy 20 feet behind me as opposed to the one right two steps ahead of me.

I will never stop being amazed at this game's ability to somehow deduce I want to target the enemy 20 feet behind me as opposes to the one right two steps ahead of me.

Worst is the kill 1000 enemies stage in adventure mode. Try killing the deku plants while having a Impressioned behind, its a complete nightmare.
The lock on seems to have a preference to bosses 20 feets away instead of the captain or thing you really want to lock on in your face.

georly

I will never stop being amazed at this game's ability to somehow deduce I want to target the enemy 20 feet behind me as opposed to the one right two steps ahead of me.

Yeah it's frustrating, but I think it prioritizes enemy types. Giant bosses > Playable enemies (link, zelda, zant, etc) > Named mobs (lizalfos, dark nut, etc) > generic enemies (outpost captains, transport captains).

CBTech

And I really wish there was a way to turn the zoom off when you defeat an enemy. The camera constantly turning away from where I'm looking is making the one touch kill stages needlessly hard to A rank

I just use the bow on those stages. Lock on and shoot.

So have we figured out how many hearts 4000 damage is? I think it might be around 8 to 10 hearts.

shaowebb

Hmm, I haven't been grinding, but I was thinking about it for make getting these lv 3 weapons easier, but I think I just need to up the level I try it at. I think 60 is my lower limit for now. I just barely finished Agitha's with 15 seconds left at 60 . . .

One touch kill stages are fucking CAKE with wind baton Zelda.
She can dash cancel out of her strong attack (her X attack that fires a spreadshot of tornados). Walk around and tap X and then dash to the sides to avoid stuff. Considering it pushes crowds off you Zelda makes it even easier than using Ghirahim's lock on which counts as a hit the moment it targets folks and kills them.

I just use the bow on those stages. Lock on and shoot.

So have we figured out how many hearts 4000 damage is? I think it might be around 8 to 10 hearts.

I tried that after Q mentioned it once. I discovered just how much I hate using items

She can dash cancel out of her strong attack (her X attack that fires a spreadshot of tornados). Walk around and tap X and then dash to the sides to avoid stuff. Considering it pushes crowds off you Zelda makes it even easier than using Ghirahim's lock on which counts as a hit the moment it targets folks and kills them.

I was on the Zelda one as I was complaining about that, but I ended up clearing it with the . . . other weapon

Just did the leveling up technique with Cia. Not as affective as with Volga (because she is slower killing off enemies) but still possible.
Just got her to level 25 and got 3 golden loot badges to boot!

Now that i think, its a pity that I didnt have a weapon with Experience+ when i tried this. Could have been an amazing level up with one of those.

If you want to kill a lot of people with Cia use her full C3 (yyyxxx) the dark spheres she shoots travel a considerable distance (further than the bow and arrow) and do immense damage for a normal ranged attack (so much so that I tend to kill single targets and crowds with it alike). Also keep in mind you can aim each sphere in a different direction, you don't have to shoot them all the same way :3

Now, whenever I do one of the 'all attacks are devastating!' missions with Cia I just use that instead of the bow :p

Mesoian

UGH

You know what I'm done with? Cocoos. A ranking Zant's level 2 weapon space until I randomly get 8 hearts knocked off by random cocoos.

It's not fucking cute when the dumb thing just stands in the range of all your AOE attacks.

Fighting against zant is the most boring thing in this game.

I just noticed on master quest there's a square with him on it and the master quest rule of 'no blocking!' ...how does that even work??? XD
But yeah, even with blocking, I find Zant one of the more horrific things to fight in this game. He's just time consuming in general :/

zulux21

so I am doing the 4th new mission (skyloft) and everything is dead and we are just standing around... I kept getting the message take the two keeps to stop the reinforcements, but they were already mine, and even then they stopped showing it
my status still says defeat the G man and the I monster thing.... but the i monster thing is dead and the G man is on my team now :/

did I glitch the crap out of the mission or do I need to wait until a certain time?

NeonZ

I just noticed on master quest there's a square with him on it and the master quest rule of 'no blocking!' ...how does that even work??? XD

If it's the square I'm thinking about, he seemed to have very low hp there. I beat him with a tier 1 weapon Volga.

How are the new Legend Mode stages?

Gameplay-wise they're fine. They have tons of enemies and even introduce a new variation of Dinolfo and Lizalfos (well, just slightly bigger versions). However, the story is really messed up in the three last chapters and just creates plotholes. The first two are rather decent though, and even solve some plotholes of the main game (like why Proxi sticked around with Link rather than just used the chance to escape). The last chapter, although not making much sense, also has some good moments especially for Volga, but it also gives more character to both Cia and Wizzro.

shaowebb

I was on the Zelda one as I was complaining about that, but I ended up clearing it with the . . . other weapon

LOL. Done fucked up on that weapon choice. One touch kill stages =Zelda and Wind Waker baton Strong Attack+Dash canceling all day. Try it again just to see the difference. Trust me...this time you will have revenge and it is ridiculously free.

Dreavus

UGH

You know what I'm done with? Cocoos. A ranking Zant's level 2 weapon space until I randomly get 8 hearts knocked off by random cocoos.

It's not fucking cute when the dumb thing just stands in the range of all your AOE attacks.

I hate that square. I was posting about it the other day as well. I ended up having to boil that level down to boring dash cancelled X-only combos in order to minimize the amount of AoE I was putting out. Not the kind of playstyle you want to be doing in this game, that's for sure.

It sucks that you can't make the enemy faction enrage the cucco by having them hit it... seems counter intuitive.

Kinsei

Banned
If it's the square I'm thinking about, he seemed to have very low hp there. I beat him with a tier 1 weapon Volga.

Gameplay-wise they're fine. They have tons of enemies and even introduce a new variation of Dinolfo and Lizalfos (well, just slightly bigger versions). However, the story is really messed up in the three last chapters and just creates plotholes. The first two are rather decent though, and even solve some plotholes of the main game (like why Proxi sticked around with Link rather than just used the chance to escape). The last chapter, although not making much sense, also has some good moments especially for Volga, but it also gives more character to both Cia and Wizzro.

The second chapter also introduces a plothole.
How did Lana get to Faron Woods and have word travel back to Hyrule Castle in the time it took between the end of the first level and the beginning of the second?

El Odio

Banned
I brought my system over to a friends house earlier today (consoles can't connect to my campus's wifi) and downloaded both the day one patch, the characters update and the Master quest DLC. I can't wait to get started on all of this even though I haven't even come close to finishing the base content.

Thanks for the impressions. Adventure Mode has proven to be more frustrating than fruitful for me so the new map there doesn't particularly interest me so I just wanted to know how the new campaign was. Will probably check it out.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thanks for the impressions. Adventure Mode has proven to be more frustrating than fruitful for me so the new map there doesn't particularly interest me so I just wanted to know how the new campaign was. Will probably check it out.

Once your characters reach a decent level and have the right badges most of the stages become a breeze. The main hard ones are usually the weapon stages and its not all of them being honest.

The second chapter also introduces a plothole.
How did Lana get to Faron Woods and have word travel back to Hyrule Castle in the time it took between the end of the first level and the beginning of the second?

Well...
Doesn't the dialogue after the first level or at the start of the second level say "months pass"? I believe there's a sizeable gap between Zelda's disappearance and word of Lana reaching Impa's ears :3

jackal27

Banned
I'm really frustrated with Adventure Mode. I never know where to use items and it sucks that it's so hard to get new ones... Also, after I waste an item how do I get more of it and does that mean that I'm now screwed for that one secret? Like, is there a limited amount of the items you can find to unlock secrets?

Also, some of these missions are CRAZY hard! Especially getting A ranks! I'm only playing on Normal!

Any tips guys?

zulux21

I'm really frustrated with Adventure Mode. I never know where to use items and it sucks that it's so hard to get new ones... Also, after I waste an item how do I get more of it and does that mean that I'm now screwed for that one secret? Like, is there a limited amount of the items you can find to unlock secrets?

Also, some of these missions are CRAZY hard! Especially getting A ranks! I'm only playing on Normal!

Any tips guys?

with adventure mode the items just randomly appear, if you need one just pray to the RNG

As for where to use the items and what to use.... well I recommend you go play the original zelda game and try to discover all of the secrets there, as most of them line up with the original game, and the ones that don't are painfully obvious (such as a random rock in the water)

Also when it comes to adventure mode there is no difficulty settings, the missions themselves have a set difficulty, easy, normal, hard, legend is just for the story mode. Thus if the levels are kicking your ass, try to find easier missions that give out rewards like new weapons and try to A rank those.... there are plenty of missions that you can pass but will be really hard to A rank at lower levels.

Finally, I recommend playing with a friend that is good at dodging because as long as your friend doesn't take much damage, A ranking missions is much easier with a second player.... oh you want me to kill two giant bosses... ok... I got this one you get the other :p

also update to my mission, yeah I totally glitched it and ended up losing as I ran out of time :p

Weapons spoilers, I guess.

So I was doing the map for Link's level 2
Great Fairy
weapon, and I was using that weapon for maybe the second time.

I beat the level and got the level 2 weapon, but I was wondering if anyone could clue me in to what to use against enemy officers to take down their weak point meters. The combos take far too long to get started in order to take down the meter, unless you try to anticipate it beforehand. Do I just have to use the regular Y string? That seems to be only marginally better. Is there a better solution to this?

Neo Dark

Using Cia's repeated heel stomp attack to take out mobs is too much fun.

Plus she has great hip action to go with it

Ugh.. Fighting bosses can be so tedious sometimes especially when they do every attack but the one that exposes their weak point. In other news... I completed all the new story chapters and only failed at the last one time.

Ended up doing the levels without a powered up Cia. I thought I leveled her up after the update yesterday but turns out I didn't so it was nice to have that challenge.

Durden77

When people use the 'C' terminology the number refers to the button press that you hit 'strong' on. So C1 is just the strong on it's own (y, using your terminology :3 ), C2 is strong on the second button: light then strong (by) and C3 is the third button in the string: light, light, strong (bby)

C2 for Agitha is a spray of butterflies that launches your foe and is a great lead-up to C3 (especially if you dodge cancel after the launch) as whoever you're going to summon the giant beetle on will still be in the air and unable to interrupt you, though as mentioned you'll want to dodge out of her happy dance after the summon ASAP :3

Cx refers to charge (X in traditional warriors control scheme) attacks. And mathematically Cx relates to Y(x-1) and...wait, eh...here:

C1 = X
C2 = YX
C3 = YYX

That's standard musou nomenclature.

Ahh thanks to both of you a lot. I thought it was that, but I didn't know C1 was just strong attack on it's own. Was confused thinking how Agitha's C3 (which to me I thought was YYYX) was effective against captains. But now I know what you mean. I'll be sure to take advantage of her C2 more. When I play her I pretty much only drop the beetle over and over, which is part of the reason I hate playing as her.

Also does anyone know of it's possible to shoot a fireball in dragon form as Volga before you bomb like I've seen the computer do? I swear I've tried like every button but have gotten nothing.

zulux21

Plus she has great hip action to go with it

Ugh.. Fighting bosses can be so tedious sometimes especially when they do every attack but the one that exposes their weak point. In other news... I completed all the new story chapters and only failed at the last one time.

Ended up doing the levels without a powered up Cia. I thought I leveled her up after the update yesterday but turns out I didn't so it was nice to have that challenge.

yeah I at least bought the new moves for the characters...
though I failed the first mission the first time...
I didn't power up or buy anything for the characters, and left it on hard on accident... I got to the end of the level, but I couldn't deal with the end when it would take like 20 breaks per enemy to kill >.>

I will have to try to compete the new levels tomorrow, I gave up after I glitched the 4th level.

Can anybody give a rough guess how long it would take to finish everything at least once and unlock everything? I'm not talking about max leveling, just experiencing everything the game has to offer.

Thinking about picking this up digitally to waste time and take advantage of that free Ganondorf DLC that ends in a few days.

Thanks for any help.

zulux21

Can anybody give a rough guess how long it would take to finish everything at least once and unlock everything? I'm not talking about max leveling, just experiencing everything the game has to offer.

Thinking about picking this up digitally to waste time and take advantage of that free Ganondorf DLC that ends in a few days.

Thanks for any help.

by unlock everything do you want all levels of weapons, or just the first level of every weapon?

also did you want to play all the reward stages as well and the DLC?

if you just want to unlock every weapon/character and play all of the stages... perhaps like 40 hours if you know what you are doing.

If you want every level of every weapon and all the reward stages likely like 150-200 hours.

if you want all of the dlc as well, looks likely that it will add 20-40 hours for the new adventure map.

aka it's a hard answer, but either way there is plenty to do.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I lose so much time in these convoluted maps. Fortunately that doesn't make you fail nearly as fast as in Dynasty Warriors.

Had a quick chance to try out the DLC. Cia's stomp is nice, Volga's everything is nice and Wizzro -- well, in the three minutes I used him I didn't like him much; too slow although that attack where he shoots balls in all directions is pretty nice.

Only did a little of the first new Legends level and it's so random how you're just fighting gorons for no reason. I guess they were protecting the ring. Also I assume Volga live in that cave? Does he live in peace with the gorons or what? Kind of awkward. Maybe it's explained later.

Doing the new mission in hard mode is taking me a bunch of time with all the submissions that appear at midlevel (and usually making grunts powerful eneough they cant take bases in seconds, also adding yellow aura to the majority of the commanders). 30-40 minutes. Doesnt help that the 3 characters are less than level 10 right now.
I get them 7 levels up ith every mission I have done.

Why not use the training dojo at least a little? Level 15 costs less than 40k each. I took them all to level 18 before starting and bought a bunch of badges.

Must've been a glitch during the Death Mountain level. I accidentally selected "start from last save" instead of "last checkpoint" and I kept dying within five minutes no matter what I did. The enemies kept taking over my base. Was driving me bonkers!

Luckily my quicksave was still intact. I restarted the game and continued from last time and beat the level.

So a good advice to everyone: save manually often through the quicksave option. It doesn't erase no matter how many times you restart a checkpoint or last auto save

I never save. A game is short enough; might as well start over in most cases imo.

Just found a way to level up fast as hell Volga (probably also works with Cya, probably more difficult using Wizzro) without using rupees.
Go to the reward map where you have to ally one of the girls a use Volga (had mine on level 7 before entering). Just at the start begin using the dragon divebomb into the big group of grunts. Its one hit kill and you will see the character level up with nearly each divebomb. After the first group is killed, go to the next, but dont get near any of the girls. I just went 2 levels in less than 15 seconds.

Of course Im sure once you get like level 20 you will have to level up normally, but is good just to give them that push at the beginning.

Probably works with Cya's boot stomp also.

Thats how overpowered this two moves are.

EDIT:
Just got him at level 21 (from 7) in 20 minutes of killing grunts in this stage (4000KO)
Seems at level 18 things started to slow down. Killed every base when I was just scraping to get to 22.
Now im going to try to get rid of the girl commanders, but I will probably die. The good thing though is that even if you fail the game lets you keep all the exp.

EDIT 2:
HOLY SHIT.
So with this technique the rest of the commanders are with very little life because the grunts where trying to kill them while they are neutral while you kill the grunt bases. So when you get an ally and cure them, the rest will be with out army and life. For each commander I killed in a few hits I went up a level, and even dark link in the enemy base was a piece of cake with the divebomb.
So at the end I went to level 26 before finisghing the stage, and they also give precios loot.

Perfect techinique, will try it with Cya now.

That's pretty interesting. Personally, I never grind, but maybe that's worthwhile trying just for fun.

My eyes are twitching. You know she's called Cia, not Cya, right?

Haha, that bothers me a bit too. English isn't my first-language, however I always just adapt and use English names for all characters.

So are you guys grinding out badges or just making them whenever you get the drops?

Just making them whenever one gets the drops. Grinding is no fun imo.

bobohoro

So are you guys grinding out badges or just making them whenever you get the drops?

Honestly, there is so much to do in this game, that you can just create badges along the way and save the grind for last. I never once (in some 90 odd hours) thought about repeating a stage to grind anything. If a challenge is too tough, I look for something else and come back later. Between adventure maps, skulltulas, heart pieces and some other things, you will never be locked into one specific task you absolutely have to complete before moving on. Just work through your priorities and the badges will come naturally.

Concerning the new characters: I actually dislike Cia the most. Her stomp and dark matter flinging is pretty good, but the rest of her attacks have odd hitboxes at times. I also dislike the element charging system in general, so that factors in as well. She is probably the most efficient warriors against giant bosses, since nearly all of her charge attacks deplete the gauge like crazy, even at only one gauge badge.

Wizzro is pretty cool and seeing his design up close, it is actually one of my favourites now. His attacks have great ranges, his C3 is a nice lingering trap and shooting beams is always fun. C1 is actually pretty useful and hurts generals severly.

Volga is simply amazing.

jackal27

Banned
with adventure mode the items just randomly appear, if you need one just pray to the RNG

As for where to use the items and what to use.... well I recommend you go play the original zelda game and try to discover all of the secrets there, as most of them line up with the original game, and the ones that don't are painfully obvious (such as a random rock in the water)

Also when it comes to adventure mode there is no difficulty settings, the missions themselves have a set difficulty, easy, normal, hard, legend is just for the story mode. Thus if the levels are kicking your ass, try to find easier missions that give out rewards like new weapons and try to A rank those.... there are plenty of missions that you can pass but will be really hard to A rank at lower levels.

Finally, I recommend playing with a friend that is good at dodging because as long as your friend doesn't take much damage, A ranking missions is much easier with a second player.... oh you want me to kill two giant bosses... ok... I got this one you get the other :p

also update to my mission, yeah I totally glitched it and ended up losing as I ran out of time :p

Aha! Thanks a ton. This helps a lot. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the original Zelda's secrets... Is there a map anywhere that has them listed maybe?

Aha! Thanks a ton. This helps a lot. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the original Zelda's secrets... Is there a map anywhere that has them listed maybe?

Yeah, this is the site everyone uses: https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.se&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://toragame.com/zelda_musou/adventure/map_orange.php&usg=ALkJrhjI5W2_TxqbQ41FFTPSZbcLMV9WlA

It's a Japanese website translated through Google Translate. The translation doesn't help much, but whatever, an image says more than a thousand words. It tells you where you need to use items, and then it's easy to figure out what to use.

Kouriozan

I'm loving Cia's immunity against ReDeads' paralyzing scream with her X special.
Edit : Ruto's colors swap costume looks surprisingly good!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xiso2.jpg

NeonZ

I'm really frustrated with Adventure Mode. I never know where to use items and it sucks that it's so hard to get new ones...

There's a tutorial description about the adventure mode item icons, although they aren't really comprehensive, and some aren't so obvious if you don't know the original game (there's a green rock in a certain point of the map, so you need to use the bracelet, not the candle, for example). Still, read it once at least since it clears up some doubts (bombs only open caves, never destroy rocks, water bombs destroy water rocks, the bracelet is used to push rocks and statues, the flute drains a lake and makes enemies appear, when there are some blue butterflies, use the harp to make enemies appear.

The recorder/flute is used only once in the original map, but it's a pretty common item in the Master Quest, always to make enemies appear, even if the shinning point seemingly should be used by another item.

So I just did some master quest adventure stages yesterday and in one of them a silver cucco appeared (2 times in fact once the fist time when I was trying to get A rank, and the other when I was getting the piece of heart and the second skulltula). Tried to play it for a third time to defeat the cucco but this time it never appeared.
Is in the first Lana stage of Master Quest, the one to the left of the start.
Is it random and appears in all stages or random only in certain ones. Also what do you get defeating him?

I say this because instead of the other cuccos helping or trolling you this one appeared and the text said to kill him before it dissapears, seems to be there for 2 minutes and then exists the stage.

If you want to kill a lot of people with Cia use her full C3 (yyyxxx) the dark spheres she shoots travel a considerable distance (further than the bow and arrow) and do immense damage for a normal ranged attack (so much so that I tend to kill single targets and crowds with it alike). Also keep in mind you can aim each sphere in a different direction, you don't have to shoot them all the same way :3

Now, whenever I do one of the 'all attacks are devastating!' missions with Cia I just use that instead of the bow :p

Umm, but is it good eneough for surrounding groups? One of the amazing things about the boot stomp is that to of them usually oblibiarates any group of grunts and not only that but make your special gauge fill up extremly fast.

Why not use the training dojo at least a little? Level 15 costs less than 40k each. I took them all to level 18 before starting and bought a bunch of badges.

That's pretty interesting. Personally, I never grind, but maybe that's worthwhile trying just for fun.

Nah, i didnt say it wasn't fun. It was challenging, but the time it taked was because the missions are longer thanks to the amount of enemies. I never though of having to level them up, even when using wizzro, adn only failed once one of the missions becuase I accidentally threw Zant to the exit with one of Volga's attacks lol
Ive only used the training dojo to level my characters like 5-10 levels when I found any adventure level too chellenging after some tries.
What I did was bought all the badges possible before I started, but I do that with all the characters as I get them.

About that level up technique, its pretty useful to get Volga and Cia to level 25 without spending money.

Anteo

Or just spam arrows with any character =P

Anteo

I'm stuck in the mission with Ganondorf where I need to kill zelda and link but they recover so quick. What do I do?

You could think of it as if they revived each other. So you need to take them out almost at the same time so they cant revive each other.

Top Bottom