• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

boxter432

I'm stuck in the mission with Ganondorf where I need to kill zelda and link but they recover so quick. What do I do?

read this thread fully ;)

get one of them down to very very low health, kill the other, then kill the first.

Worst is the kill 1000 enemies stage in adventure mode. Try killing the deku plants while having a Impressioned behind, its a complete nightmare.
The lock on seems to have a preference to bosses 20 feets away instead of the captain or thing you really want to lock on in your face.

I gotta say...you know its Imprisoned, not Impressioned, right?! haha, I have seen you post a few times, just wondering if it is intentional.

Beat Legend mode last night, now I'm just trying to grind up money and experience to get through Adventure mode a bit quicker. My highest level character is only 35. :/
Thankfully, I can grind that reward map, though it takes too long for them to take the damage that I need them to.

Or just use ruto to clean any group in those stages (if you cant use the arrow weapon in master quest).

2 tidal wave attack with no one on sight 2 times to fill her gauge (she doesnt need to hit anyone for it to fill up), then use her special water gauge in front of any group and bye bye. Easy as pie.

I gotta say...you know its Imprisoned, not Impressioned, right?! haha, I have seen you post a few times, just wondering if it is intentional.

He is called Durmiente in spanish so its really difficult for me to write his name right in english as a non native speaker.
Now that I see it wrote near each ohter, I know its from prison and not impression lol

Kouriozan

Or just use ruto to clean any group in those stages (if you cant use the arrow weapon in master quest).

2 tidal wave attack with no one on sight 2 times to fill her gauge (she doesnt need to hit anyone for it to fill up), then use her special water gauge in front of any group and bye bye. Easy as pie.

Indeed, that sounds good.
There was an A rank heart piece reward for Cia so I did it with her.

JoeM86

I've hit a snag on the Master Quest Adventure Map...same one I had on the standard. It wants me to use characters that are nowhere near an acceptable level.

The grind is strong in this one.

boxter432

He is called Durmiente in spanish so its really difficult for me to write his name right in english as a non native speaker.
Now that I see it wrote near each ohter, I know its from prison and not impression lol
ha no big deal, just wasn't sure if it was a nickname you gave him, or if it was auto-correcting to that or something haha. It should auto-correct to "The Annoying"

Speaking of names, the narrator pronounces Fi's name as "Fay" and I want all of y'all to none that this is a non-canon game and thus I shan't accept that pronunciation. It will always be "Fee", as in "Sophie", to me.

Illucio

Banned
Does anyone have a good map or mission that gives off a ton of EXP.
The amount of grinding in this game is over the top. >.> My highest ranked character is level 40. And I still haven't unlocked Zant, Ghiraham, and Agatha.

The amount of grinding in this game is over the top. >.> My highest ranked character is level 40. And I still haven't unlocked Zant, Ghiraham, and Agatha.

Bs. You can get all characters at around level 40. I have done no grinding whatsoever.

bobohoro

I've hit a snag on the Master Quest Adventure Map...same one I had on the standard. It wants me to use characters that are nowhere near an acceptable level.

The grind is strong in this one.

Maybe it is due to my JRPG tendencies and having to level each character equally, but I had everyone at around the same level at all times without needing to grind. Sure, Link was far ahead, but I made sure to get the rest up with equal speed through the training dojo and it worked out just fine. Now Link is entering the 90ies, a few characters that are used often in the 60ies (Ganondorf and Lana me thinks) and everyone else in their 50ies, with the 3 new ones at around 35 already. All with just normal play and not even using Exp+ on most weapons.

Training Dojo gets exponentially more expensive though, so it's recommendable to use it for early levels. It doubles in price at Level 50, jumping to over 70.000 Rupees/Level. Best way to farm Rupees would be doing Network Links with a Weapon Drop Potion and selling those, should net you around 60-70.000 per map completion, which shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes since you don't need an A-Rank in those.

Ahh thanks to both of you a lot. I thought it was that, but I didn't know C1 was just strong attack on it's own. Was confused thinking how Agitha's C3 (which to me I thought was YYYX) was effective against captains. But now I know what you mean. I'll be sure to take advantage of her C2 more. When I play her I pretty much only drop the beetle over and over, which is part of the reason I hate playing as her.
Well, her C3 is actually fairly decent against captains. The trick is to follow it up with the optional butterfly (press strong one more time at the end of the combo) then immediately follow up with the butterfly C3 combo (you'll twirl around hitting everyone who's been sucked up into the tornado, then you should blast them with a flap of your wings then the strong will make you divebomb on them.) The butterfly combo can be a little tricky to aim though, but if done right you can actually pull out decent damage on anything in the whirlwind with it. I halved Midna's health in one mission this way :p

Umm, but is it good eneough for surrounding groups? One of the amazing things about the boot stomp is that to of them usually oblibiarates any group of grunts and not only that but make your special gauge fill up extremly fast.
If you're waiting until you're surrounded to use it then you're using it too late. You use it when you approach the group you want to obliterate, not after you've run into the middle of them putting yourself purposefully in the location another move is supposed to be used :p
Long story short: Cia's C3 is basically Ruto's fully charged strong move without the tidal wave, without any mobility restrictions and available all the time :p

I don't blame anyone for using the boot-strikes (C2) though as it's a very fun move and I'll often slam it down just for the hell of it from time to time or on the rare occassions the game spawns stuff ontop of me :3

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Any Fi tips?

Finding much of her movelist to be really irritating to deal with. I am lvl 51 and on the whole she feels just underpowered all around compared to the other characters at similar level ranges.

Barely really notice how the light sword charge(C1) changes or adds much to her damage output or combo potential. Her C2(the flower blossom AOE thing) might have some alternative effect that I am not noticing, but the damage is absolutely pithy to anyone even considering the time to pull off.

In fact the only real attack that seems worthwhile is her C5 or C6(turning into a giant spinning sword). Everything else just lacks bite in her repertoire. Especially noticeable when taking down boss monster shields where basic or charge combos(outside of the spinning sword) barely ticks off the gauge.

I also hate that there is a weird delay on occasion or you need to full stop from her ice-skating dash to activate moves, particularly the skyward charge. Many other characters have an animation cancel that she lacks.

Just would like some more insight as something seems really off.

So anyaone knows about the silver cuccos thing?

And are object uses in the master quest in the same places as normal mode but changing what you need to use or do I need to grind for compasses.
I used a zelda map with the secrets for the first one.

Also I still dont have the achivement for finding all the secrets in the first adventure mode but I have the thing 100% completed. WTH.

Speaking of names, the narrator pronounces Fi's name as "Fay" and I want all of y'all to none that this is a non-canon game and thus I shan't accept that pronunciation. It will always be "Fee", as in "Sophie", to me.

Well thats how its written in spanish.
I still dont like that, because the narration is english, she says Agitha and the spanish subs say Mariopla, so my head freezes for a second every time it that happens.
I would have prefered spanish voices for the narration, maybe they could have been better than the english monotone voice (although the narration dub for smash bros is beyond pathetic and unprofessional we sometimes get from nintendo amazing voice casts like with Star Fox 64 3D and Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright).
And even if Kid Icarus uprising's english dub is amazing, I would have also liked the option to have spanish voices because the action is too frenetic to read any subs in that one and most of the jokes change, like Pit's song.

Well, her C3 is actually fairly decent against captains. The trick is to follow it up with the optional butterfly (press strong one more time at the end of the combo) then immediately follow up with the butterfly C3 combo (you'll twirl around hitting everyone who's been sucked up into the tornado, then you should blast them with a flap of your wings then the strong will make you divebomb on them.) The butterfly combo can be a little tricky to aim though, but if done right you can actually pull out decent damage on anything in the whirlwind with it. I halved Midna's health in one mission this way :p

If you're waiting until you're surrounded to use it then you're using it too late. You use it when you approach the group you want to obliterate, not after you've run into the middle of them putting yourself purposefully in the location another move is supposed to be used :p
Long story short: Cia's C3 is basically Ruto's fully charged strong move without the tidal wave, without any mobility restrictions and available all the time :p

I don't blame anyone for using the boot-strikes (C2) though as it's a very fun move and I'll often slam it down just for the hell of it from time to time or on the rare occassions the game spawns stuff ontop of me :3

Just used it, its pretty cool and powerful!

Giolon

Ugh! Why is CIA's L2 weapon in the top right corner of the Master a Quest Map? I find most characters/weapons to be pretty shitty for Adventure until you can get at least an L2 available.

RiggyRob

I assume you mean Fai/Fie rather than Fay, because Fay is completely different sounding. I thought it was Fee too until I heard it said out loud :p

Well thats how its written in spanish.
I still dont like that, because the narration is english, she says Agitha and the spanish subs say Mariopla, so my head freezes for a second every time it that happens.
I would have prefered spanish voices for the narration, maybe they could have been better than the english monotone voice (although the narration dub for smash bros is beyond pathetic and unprofessional we sometimes get from nintendo amazing voice casts like with Star Fox 64 3D and Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright).
And even if Kid Icarus uprising's english dub is amazing, I would have also liked the option to have spanish voices because the action is too frenetic to read any subs in that one and most of the jokes change, like Pit's song.

We Scandinavians never get dubs or subs, especially not in Nintendo games (although Ubisoft games do have subs these days and some Sony games aimed at younger audiences even have dubs). Most developers put a lot of effort into getting expensive English voice actors anyway, and besides, it's a good way to learn languages.

I assume you mean Fai/Fie rather than Fay, because Fay is completely different sounding. I thought it was Fee too until I heard it said out loud :p

My friend, there is no proof that her name isn't pronounced "Fee".

Just used it, its pretty cool and powerful!
Yup yup :3
I actually like most of Cia's moveset, she's a surprisingly well-rounded character :D

Ugh! Why is CIA's L2 weapon in the top right corner of the Master a Quest Map? I find most characters/weapons to be pretty shitty for Adventure until you can get at least an L2 available.
Yeah, that was bothering me too, though I have to admit that Cia doesn't feel all that hampered by her tier 1 weapon, which surprised me. I'm almost scared to see what she can do with tier 2 :eek:
In fact, I'd say all 3 villains feel surprisingly competent with their starting weapons.

Her name in Italian is actually "Faih" (and Wizzro was rechristened "Sciaman" - still better then Demise as "Mortipher"), so... sorry, no.

Meeps

I found that it's more fun to just play different maps in Adventure Mode if you're stuck on a single one. This way you're being productive and can also find better materials and weapons, as well as rupees to strengthen your lower-level characters without having to straight-up grind. It's relatively cheap to level up with rupees to around level 40.

Network Link maps and the first reward map that you unlock with skulltulas from Legend Mode are good options though.

irobot

Neo Member
I just picked this up. If anyone still is adding NNID for network links my ID is: jokingbird.

Also, love epona that first master quest stage with the horse rocks.

We Scandinavians never get dubs or subs, especially not in Nintendo games (although Ubisoft games do have subs these days and some Sony games aimed at younger audiences even have dubs). Most developers put a lot of effort into getting expensive English voice actors anyway, and besides, it's a good way to learn languages.

I don't think so, but thats my opinion. English needs to be learned at schools and schools here need better english classes and teachers (I was lucky that my hard working parents could put me into a private english speaking school, but the majority of people can not afford those expenses). Not everything needs to be subbed instead of dubbed losing any rich languages each country has, that would be an extremist globalization shit only to make english more prevalent everywhere (as I said, english IS need to be learned by everyone as much as possible, but taking away a language on its home country is not the way to do so).

No one here learned english from videogames when there were nearly zero translations (we had that era up to N64). I have a friend that after beating Ocarina of Time, he didnt knew Sheik and Zelda were the same person until he played Melee (and thats even when the game makes a transformation in front of you, the problem is he wasn't paying attention to the story anymore because he didn't understand anything and was just having fun playing the game). Illusion of Time, the first japanese RPG translated to spanish, was the favourite of a lot of people here just because it was translated and they finally could understand a story for once.
We are a country that has good voice actors and a rich history of dubbing, I can understand people in some european countries with zero dub culture not having good ones and not liking doing them, but If I can get series, movies and videogames dubbed in my language, and if they are well done I prefer them like that.
If they are bad, as someone who understands english, I can go back and watch with its original voices, some thing that I usually do.
Even better, if the voices are amazing in english and spanish (UK shows are often the best example), I can watch that thing 2 times and both feel different and awesome.

Of course, only wanted to explain my point of view, I think is enriching and really intersting to know other countries opinions on any matter, thats why I usually like to go rambling on topics like different languages, or how each language has localised character names, etc...

Her name in Italian is actually "Faih" (and Wizzro was rechristened "Sciaman" - still better then Demise as "Mortipher"), so... sorry, no.

Wizzro here is called Invocante (Evoker, basically). Pretty shitty name if you ask me, because it just sounds as his job instead of a proper name.

You are right that Mortipher sounds really bad, like the name of a disney mouse or something lol
Here he doesn't have a name, only a title, Heraldo de La Muerte (Herald of Death) which sounds pretty cool in spanish.

Other languages didn't just make name using whatever the translated name for Wizrobe is? I mean, I'm assuming he's supposed to be named after the Wizrobe enemies of past games, right? Like Volga is clearly based on Volvagia.

NeonZ

And are object uses in the master quest in the same places as normal mode but changing what you need to use or do I need to grind for compasses.
I used a zelda map with the secrets for the first one.

I haven't compared them directly, but I think the only difference is that there are more square without enemies, and, in those you need to use either the harp (if there are blue butterflies) or the recorder/flute in a random tile you can find with the compass (if there aren't blue butterflies).

I've just gotten there, and the path to that place (passing through the middle of the map and then heading there) seemed strangely easy in spite of how far it is.

Other languages didn't just make name using whatever the translated name for Wizrobe is? I mean, I'm assuming he's supposed to be named after the Wizrobe enemies of past games, right? Like Volga is clearly based on Volvagia.

In Wizzro's case, it's not even just a reference. He even uses a NES Wizzrobe sprite in the Adventure map.

Wizzrobes are still called wizzrobes in Spain, so its strange the decided to give him a job as a name instead of Wizzro.

jimi_dini

So how do I get an A rank on the left upmost level in adventure mode (kill 1000 enemies within 10 minutes)?
It's the last one that I need an A rank for.

I tried Link's final weapon (4 star level 3), but I still don't manage to get A, I'm just too slow. Is there a trick?

StAidan

I think I'm ready for some network Links. Far enough in Adventure Mode now that I'm getting pretty comfortable :)

NNID: StAidan

I added myself to the spreadsheet, too.

shaowebb

Trying to unlock Link's final weapon moveset. Suuuuuuuuucks doin this as Zelda. Im about to glitch it for a better weapon to tackle the two army fight on. Gotta get an A rank which means high health, fast, and 1200 KO count.

Best bet is kill Ghirahim first and save the Lizalfos bosses for last otherwise the Ghirahim fight takes too long to meet the time limit. You gotta head straight for Wizrobe and then Ghirahim then go back to the base so it doesn't fall to redeads and Volga at this point. This point is where we keep choking due to low damage Zelda not getting kills fast enough for the A rank.

Gonna be a long one...

Blues1990

Training Dojo gets exponentially more expensive though, so it's recommendable to use it for early levels. It doubles in price at Level 50, jumping to over 70.000 Rupees/Level. Best way to farm Rupees would be doing Network Links with a Weapon Drop Potion and selling those, should net you around 60-70.000 per map completion, which shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes since you don't need an A-Rank in those.

Thank you for this tip. My friend and I are going to use this now to earn some serious rupees, so that we can beef up Agitha, as she's the only character we haven't bothered leveling (and we don't want to spend too much time with leveling such a mediocre character).

georly

Ugh that volga level where you can't get hit once to get his heart piece took me like 5 tries. The one right next to his rank 2.

So I just did the master quest of killing two dodongos with Lana.
Killed them both in less than 30 seconds.
tvBMhfk.jpg

So how do I get an A rank on the left upmost level in adventure mode (kill 1000 enemies within 10 minutes)?
It's the last one that I need an A rank for.

I tried Link's final weapon (4 star level 3), but I still don't manage to get A, I'm just too slow. Is there a trick?

Midna's YYXXX (can cancel in one of the Xs if you need to escape) or Volga with the dragon dive bomb.
Is probably faster with Volga though, Midna is a little tricky because of the 4 imprisoneds that usually block the central plaza.
It just blows my mind who thought that was a good idea.

So I just did a network link and used Epona for the first time.
Put Epona USA in loop in the background while fighting lol
Greatest thing ever.

So what are the carrots for? I know that pressing X uses them (seems you can touch the stick while doing it) and does a dash like in OoT, but I dont see anything useful about it and it doesnt make epona run faster.

georly

Just use the bow and arrow :3
edit: oh wait, that's a different one from the one I'm thinking of. Does it restrict items?

It's not 'all attacks are devastating,' so you still do normal damage to enemies, but they knock you down to 1/4 heart if you get hit once, so you miss your A rank. I just got it though. Was pretty harsh. Needed A rank to unlock his rank 2 weapon level.

If it does just use C3(Dragon Claw)

Yup, that was the trick. Dragon claw and blocking.

bobohoro

So I just did a network link and used Epona for the first time.
Put Epona USA in loop in the background while fighting lol
Greatest thing ever.

So what are the carrots for? I know that pressing X uses them (seems you can touch the stick while doing it) and does a dash like in OoT, but I dont see anything useful about it and it doesnt make epona run faster.

That dash is pretty nice for juggling and if you hold onto X after a charge move it also comes out (like with the spinning slash of Link's sword). Since Epona launches frequently and moves forward all the time you can do some nice air juggles with officers.

jimi_dini

Midna's YYXXX (can cancel in one of the Xs if you need to escape) or Volga with the dragon dive bomb.
Is probably faster with Volga though, Midna is a little tricky because of the 4 imprisoneds that usually block the central plaza.
It just blows my mind who thought that was a good idea.

Thanks, that did it. I used Midna. Was almost a piece of cake despite her being around level 60 only. My Link is level 99.

"Ruler of the world" medal achieved

The lockon system is so broken. I'm getting the lockon icon displayed on some minor enemy (for example Aeralfos), I press L and the damn thing locks on to one of those Imprisoned - that are actually behind me :/ What's the point of that. Yeah, I know they are behind me. I'm trying to run away lol

The lockon system also likes to fuck me over when I'm trying to fire an arrow to kill the poison plants. On that map it took around 20 seconds to finally get lock on one of those plants :/ Sometimes I go left with the right analog stick and it doesn't want to lock on. Sometimes it locks on stuff that isn't on screen, sometimes it doesn't. There is no logic behind it.

And the crazy ass
boss survival level
on the reward map is insane. I managed to survive with the last chunk of health left. They group together insanely fast and then 2 of them do attacks while I'm trying to get the weak point down :/ Some levels are designed as if the whole combat system worked perfectly and it isn't. Strangely I still have fun with it. 163 hours now.

xinek

Thanks for the mentions of the spreadsheet! I added myself to it -- do network Links only show up for people on your FL? I'm really looking forward to seeing one.

Bombless

Man, FUCK that Cia
x4
fight. Fuck it. Wiped on it with Zelda like crazy. I'll try it again with Link and his uber weapons tomorrow, the princess has nothing yet.

Top Bottom