• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

RiggyRob

The Master Quest map is all kinds of bullshit. Think you can use a candle on that tree? Nope. Empty space in a desert? Good luck figuring out what item you need to use there.

In more concerning news, my Gamepad isn't responding well - pressing straight up on the left control stick cause my characters to pull to the left or even go backwards. Hopefully it's just because we've played with it a lot this weekend and it'll rectify itself if I leave it unused for a while.

Akiller

B0RCilXCAAAoeIT.jpg

Unify Nagina...oh wait

Impa needs her own action game.

The Master Quest map is all kinds of bullshit. Think you can use a candle on that tree? Nope. Empty space in a desert? Good luck figuring out what item you need to use there.
Well, if there's no enemies present (it won't let you actually play the square) then you need to use the flute first rather than the typical items :3 Once that's dealt with, it's mostly back to business as normal.

shaowebb

Almost as soon as I posted earlier me and my wife went in on two player and decimated the A rank requirement to unlock the Adventure mode stage that had the last of Link's weapons. After that we just played the new stages in Legend mode that unlocked for the bad guys and their stories.

Game is so addictive. Our day is gone.

Neo Dark

This game is definitely worth it for the amount of time I spent on it. Probably spent a good 3 hours without knowing it just today. I really should get to working on my assignments... but first, procrastination by making an animated gif
snbdnnfh7q55ny86g.jpg

Let's face it, we all love this.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It cleans keeps so fast <3

Ganondorf and Volga still the Keep Kings though. But yeah Cia is really good.

Of the new characters I'd place it as Volga > Cia > Wizzro or even put Volga and Cia on par with each other.

Wizzro though is a boss killer. Really good. And his Spirit Focus makes his bullet hell even worse.

I can't believe it took me this long to realise that the purple circles left on the ground by one of Cia's combos are magical landmines... for ages I was wondering why they didn't always all go off when I finished the combo :p

Neo Dark

I can't believe it took me this long to realise that the purple circles left on the ground by one of Cia's combos are magical landmines... for ages I was wondering why they didn't always all go off when I finished the combo :p

Lol yeah... those things are amazing when there are plenty of mobs around

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
What's the recommended way of playing Darunia? He seems like a straightforward character, but I can't fight properly with him, especially against officers. I have him at level 51 right now and can't unlock his level 3 hammer because I suck. With other characters I was able to get their level 3 much earlier.

What's the recommended way of playing Darunia? He seems like a straightforward character, but I can't fight properly with him, especially against officers. I have him at level 51 right now and can't unlock his level 3 hammer because I suck. With other characters I was able to get their level 3 much earlier.

This video helped me with that mission along with similar vids by the same person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFlNdq0JDUc

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeesh, took me 40 min to complete Shining Beacon's gold skulltula; it felt like I was playing Monster Hunter or something.

Dizzy-4U

Unify Nagina...oh wait

My favorite character to play by far. The Naginata is soooo gooooood.

I added everyone in the spreadsheet. I'm trying to keep my Link as low as possible. It's no fun seeing all those lvl.99 Links around :/

zulux21

so on the master quest map I noticed some characters have
star ranked weapons... are these level 4 weapons or joke weapons?
(spoilered in case someone doesn't want to know about stuff on the master quest map.)

Holy shit at the 3rd to last story mission.
Went in with a lvl 24 Ganondorf and wasn't having too much of an issue until the very end where you fight a powered up Link and Zelda, both of which have to die within about 20secs of each other or the other one revives to full. Really puts your dodging skills to the test since a full combo from either of them does at least half your health lol. They also mow through your bases really fast once they get started with the triforce aoe

Shun

Holy shit at the 3rd to last story mission.
Went in with a lvl 24 Ganondorf and wasn't having too much of an issue until the very end where you fight a powered up Link and Zelda, both of which have to die within about 20secs of each other or the other one revives to full. Really puts your dodging skills to the test since a full combo from either of them does at least half your health lol. They also mow through your bases really fast once they get started with the triforce aoe

I did it with a level 14 Ganondorf and my strategy was basically go HAM and get them both to a sliver of HP, them screw them over all at once.

Ganondorf's pretty great and racking damage and forcing through defences with the right badges. Starting with Link and taking advantage of his weak points is much easier than Zelda, so bringing him down to low HP, killing Zelda, then going back to finish the blow was the way to go.

I did it with a level 14 Ganondorf and my strategy was basically go HAM and get them both to a sliver of HP, them screw them over all at once.

Ganondorf's pretty great and racking damage and forcing through defences with the right badges. Starting with Link and taking advantage of his weak points is much easier than Zelda, so bringing him down to low HP, killing Zelda, then going back to finish the blow was the way to go.

Think my main issue is I'm at least 20hrs in and while I may understand the badge system, part of me doesn't really want to use the rarer mats atm that would really help some characters that I feel like I'm hardly going to use other than to go after their bonuses with.

Not exactly far enough into the adventure map yet to have an easier time getting some of these things without spending a good amount of time in a story map just for a few.

Dizzy-4U

Oh noooooooo, can't use items in the "kill 20 weaklings without getting hit" anymore. This is gonna suck.

That reminds me, hey Koei, would it demand too many extra hours of work to add a damn retry button in adventure mode?

His C4 is his bread and butter attack for dealing with groups of enemies, with C6 great for groups that are some ways in front of him.

For enemy officers, mash C1 for all you're worth. It's guaranteed to wipe out the weak point meter of anything that isn't a giant boss. Using anything else against Shield Moblins (other than his Special, obviously) and other playable characters is just too slow or not guaranteed to do the job. C1 is that good against officer weak points. When I figured that out, I sailed right through that map.

Akiller

Feel free to add me guys, my NNID is Achiller.

Just mention Cia and i will add you.

colbertgiveittome.gif

#ImpaGaiden

My favorite character to play by far. The Naginata is soooo gooooood.

I added everyone in the spreadsheet. I'm trying to keep my Link as low as possible. It's no fun seeing all those lvl.99 Links around :/

I always yell this in my head when I use her musou attack.

Yeah,she's definetly my favorite character :)

Unify Nagina...oh wait

Looks straight out of a Hollywood film.

Oh noooooooo, can't use items in the "kill 20 weaklings without getting hit" anymore. This is gonna suck.

That reminds me, hey Koei, would it demand too many extra hours of work to add a damn retry button in adventure mode?

There are plenty of tips on how to do those in the last few pages.

NeonZ

There's actually a clear pattern. Do you need to make enemies appear and there aren't blue butterflies? It's always the flute, doesn't matter which tile of the map is shinning. The in-game description of the flute even says that the flute is to make enemies appear.

That mission is ideally supposed to teach you how to use Ganondorf's darkness.

Since the Darkness attribute makes combos stronger when focusing on one person, you power it up all the way and then go crazy on one single enemy.

It's kind of garbage. I'd avoid this.

Just don't expect Hyrule Warriors-quality out of it (or Dynasty Warriors-quality).

I dunno, I really like WO3.

And while I liked HW a lot, it's still a entry-level DW game missing a lot of things that make the other games fun. Like full stat surfacing, tag-teams, online play, larger story modes, etc.

meppi

It's kind of garbage. I'd avoid this.

Just don't expect Hyrule Warriors-quality out of it (or Dynasty Warriors-quality).

For £13 you really can't go wrong.
It's a little rough around the edges, especially at first but it's a great game with tons of content.
It does have quite a bit of pop-in and slowdown though.
Overall, I do prefer Zelda Musou.

Oh and I just added myself to the list. Could use some more friends on Wii U, so if anyone wants to add me its meppi64.

I dunno, I really like WO3.

And while I liked HW a lot, it's still a entry-level DW game missing a lot of things that make the other games fun. Like full stat surfacing, tag-teams, online play, larger story modes, etc.

For £13 you really can't go wrong.
It's a little rough around the edges, especially at first but it's a great game with tons of content.
It does have quite a bit of pop-in and slowdown though.
Overall, I do prefer Zelda Musou.

Oh and I just added myself to the list. Could use some more friends on Wii U, so if anyone wants to add me its meppi64.

Imo it's just a boring game. Generic menus, generic levels, generic characters. Loads of glitches, ridiculous amount of pop-in, every enemy looks the same, every enemy is defeated in the same way, bizarre amounts of grinding and also the game punishes you for trying multiple characters (using the same three characters throughout the whole game will give you an absurd amount of bonuses) etc.. Sure, there's a huge amount of playable characters, but what's the point when a lot of them just play poorly and feel like clones and when the game punishes you for trying them out anyway.

Just my two cents, if someone found it enjoyable then don't let me ruin the fun.

meppi

Well there seem to be a lot of people who point to WO3 as their favourite musou game, so it's gotta be doing something right. ;)

I put quite a bit of time into the PS3 version and really like it.
It all depends on which characters click with you really.
The Wii U port isn't really the best tbh, although it's certainly competent.
And WO3 certainly isn't a looker, that's for sure. ;)

I personally prefer the Sengoku Musou/Samurai Warriors series as well as Sengoku Basara series, but I find something I really like in most muse games since each one switches up play styles quite a bit more than most people give them credit for.

L95

That's a boy not a girl. Look at the gif carefully. I thought was a girl the first few times I saw it. Then one day I looked at it carefully and realized that it is a boy saying "stop, stop, stop, stop" and not a girl.

What makes you think it is a boy? I'm fairly sure that is a girl... though maybe the fact that they have a ponytail is skewing my mind... What is that gif from, anyway?

Top Bottom