• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

charsace

What makes you think it is a boy? I'm fairly sure that is a girl... though maybe the fact that they have a ponytail is skewing my mind... What is that gif from, anyway?
The mouth, jawline, and the way his arm moves is why I think the gif is of a boy.

The stage to unlock Lana's portal weapon is insane! I GIVE UP!

irwXeclin7PWB.gif

CBTech

Getting Agitha's level 3 weapon is killing me. She does no damage and all of her moves leave her open to the million dinalfos. Actually it really is the dinalfos that make this mission hard. I need to figure out how to deal with them.

Getting Agitha's level 3 weapon is killing me. She does no damage and all of her moves leave her open to the million dinalfos. Actually it really is the dinalfos that make this mission hard. I need to figure out how to deal with them.

I had to be at Lv60 to just barely finish in time. For dealing with the dino things, I used XXY, the one that puts a circle on the ground, when they were at a distance. When they were closer, I'd use XXXY, the tornado one. The thing that's nice about the summoning one is that you can cancel out of it, and once they're hit by the actual summon, you can set up to do another one.

Take it slow and try to make sure to always attack more than one. The biggest thing is probably keeping all of them in your field of vision. I'm sure being level 80 or 90 would make it a lot easier, so maybe wait if it's too much trouble at the moment

How do I access the story mode for Cia, Volga, and Wizzro, is that dlc only? Do you just get the characters themselves for free? Is there a way to get their level 2 and 3 weapons without buying the dlc?

Golnei

How do I access the story mode for Cia, Volga, and Wizzro, is that dlc only? Do you just get the characters themselves for free? Is there a way to get their level 2 and 3 weapons without buying the dlc?

Sadly, no. Everything apart from the characters themselves is DLC.

jimi_dini

irwXeclin7PWB.gif

Use X (no combo) all the time. It gets pretty easy that way. Don't try combos with Y, otherwise you will get hit a few times and lose the A rank. And when weak spots are exposed use Y.

If it still doesn't work out, try to get a 5 star level 2 weapon and/or level up a bit.

http://i.minus.com/irwXeclin7PWB.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="jimi_dini, post: 135003019"]Use X (no combo) all the time. It gets pretty easy that way. Don't try combos with Y, otherwise you will get hit a few times and lose the A rank. And when weak spots are exposed use Y.

If it still doesn't work out, try to get a 5 star level 2 weapon and/or level up a bit.[/QUOTE]

?

The level one portal weapon is just a really easy regular level, no? It's been a while, but I don't think you need an A-rank. All that matters is that you get a battle victory.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting the second skullcula in Lake Hylia. I know I have to use Impa/ Giant Knife, kill king dugaongo with in 3 minutes of his arrival and keep Sheik alive. I just can't seem to kill dugaongo in 3 minutes. Any tips?

I think somebody here said that he took a bunch of tries to get A rank in the kill x captains with Volga in Master Quest.

People know they can use arrows (if they are not told not to use them in rules) in those stages, no? Because that one let you use arrows.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting the second skullcula in Lake Hylia. I know I have to use Impa/ Giant Knife, kill king dugaongo with in 3 minutes of his arrival and keep Sheik alive. I just can't seem to kill dugaongo in 3 minutes. Any tips?

Which level are you? I suppose not really high if you cant kill Dodongo in one shot.
If you are low level, go to adventure mode a play that before trying to get second skulltulas in legend mode. Also you can use the focus spirit to show the weakpoint without waiting for it to the the bomb attack, just save the focus spirit until dodongo fight, press A while using it and Impa will hit him open his weakpoint.
Ive killed 2 dodongo's in master quest in under 30 seconds using that technique and a high level character.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
?

The level one portal weapon is just a really easy regular level, no? It's been a while, but I don't think you need an A-rank. All that matters is that you get a battle victory.

Yeah you just have to finish. There was no A-rank reward.

Which level are you? I suppose not really high if you cant kill Dodongo in one shot.
If you are low level, go to adventure mode a play that before trying to get second skulltulas in legend mode. Also you can use the focus spirit to show the weakpoint without waiting for it to the the bomb attack, just save the focus spirit until dodongo fight, press A while using it and Impa will hit him open his weakpoint.
Ive killed 2 dodongo's in master quest in under 30 seconds using that technique and a high level character.

I'm level 57... I guess I will continue trying. Though, at the same time, when I look at the battle log, it says I killed him in 2 minutes and 45 seconds... Sheik is still alive...so why isn't the skullchula showing up? I have it on hard mode... Does it matter that I'm playing it in Freemode?

I finally A ranked the mission for Lana's Level 3 Portal weapon. Ugh that took like 5 tries, and I even got all of the Skulltulas and the Piece of Heart before actually getting the weapon. I would do fine right up until Link, but I just couldn't beat him in time. I'd always be over by like a minute, or most frustratingly, 10 seconds. His HP just would not drop.

It was really jarring coming right from her Level 2 mission, which was hilariously simple.

I'm glad to put that nightmare behind me. That portal weapon does jack against officers with a lot of HP.

When you're going through the map like normal, don't kill any of the monsters to the East of the bottom keep (where Zelda/Wizzro will eventually show up). The ones in the hallway anyways. The bottom east keep is fine to clear (and that Poe that hangs out there too). Whenever I would play through, Sheik would end up in that bottom East hallway. Save before you approach Zelda and she summons King Dodongo. Now, whenever I went through that map, I cleared out the West side first, and then moved to the East (far before I ever got the Lens of Truth). So for me, Sheik would be in that bottom East hallway, with all of those monsters. If Sheik is low on health, I would sit and wait for her to reach critical so I could heal her. Once that was taken care of, I approached Zelda, she summoned King Dodongo, and I ran off to kill him. Sheik meanwhile would be stuck fighting the enemies in the hallway, and never got near Zelda. From there I just had to kill King Dodongo in less than 3 minutes. I never had to worry about Sheik. I restarted a couple of times before I succeeded, but the save made it easy to go back to.

Just played one of those kill veryone you can missions with wizzro to get his heart container.
So freaking fun spamming all those AoE attacks and see them die in droves. Also in that level Sheik, Gohma, Argorok, Link and Fi appear, and also a bunch of Dinolfos, Stalfos and Poes, so its amazing to gather silver materials.

I'm level 57... I guess I will continue trying. Though, at the same time, when I look at the battle log, it says I killed him in 2 minutes and 45 seconds... Sheik is still alive...so why isn't the skullchula showing up? I have it on hard mode... Does it matter that I'm playing it in Freemode?

I think I beat that with level 60 something Impa.
2nd skulltula only appears in hard mode so you are doing that right, and I dont think playing on free mode matters either.

Just use the focus spirit trick and you will kill dodongo in less than a minute.
If you are having problems becuase the NPC is dying, just use the trick Beren said above me.

I finally A ranked the mission for Lana's Level 3 Portal weapon. Ugh that took like 5 tries, and I even got all of the Skulltulas and the Piece of Heart before actually getting the weapon. I would do fine right up until Link, but I just couldn't beat him in time. I'd always be over by like a minute, or most frustratingly, 10 seconds. His HP just would not drop.

It was really jarring coming right from her Level 2 mission, which was hilariously simple.

I'm glad to put that nightmare behind me. That portal weapon does jack against officers with a lot of HP.
Thats what i thought until somebody here told me how to play it right.
Just spam X (and then B so lana doesn't fell to the floor) to summon the bosses. Deku venom is fantastic against captains and commanders (it also slows them down), so leave that one when you get it. Gohmas are also good because they are fast at hitting everything infront of them. When you get Argorok, thats the only time where you need to combo C6 to get him so you can ride him straight into groups and commanders.

El Odio

Banned

irwXeclin7PWB.gif
I did this one last night and got it on the first try. The fat moblins on that stage went down easy with the sealing tome C5 (The one where you summon the cube). I have Lana leveled at 38 and usually just running them over and then the shockwave would kill them, didn't even have to break it after. Sides, you only need to win it, no A rank needed.

Thats what i thought until somebody here told me how to play it right.
Just spam X (and then B so lana doesn't fell to the floor) to summon the bosses. Deku venom is fantastic against captains and commanders (it also slows them down), so leave that one when you get it. Gohmas are also good because they are fast at hitting everything infront of them. When you get Argorok, thats the only time where you need to combo C6 to get him so you can ride him straight into groups and commanders.

Yup yup! Also, if you're working on a bosses' weakpoint, summon a monster then do a three hit normal combo alongside of them (up to the whirls that come from the side) then stop and summon a new one and do the 3 hit combo again. With this pattern you can deplete a weakpoint in one sitting easily every time (except imprisoned because it cheats :/ ) The reason you don't do the rest of the normal combo is because it takes too long :p

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member

It's super embarrassing but I did that one by doing solo coop. I just moved Agitha as the first player away from danger and did the mission as the second player with Midna. Clearing all the Dinalfos is easy with Midna's C3.

If anyone is still struggling with poor Agitha's tier 3 weapon quest, it's worth noting that using the boomerange to stun some of the Dinolfos can give her some valuable breathing space. I also use YX (C2) to launch the stuff I'm going to summon a beetle on as it prevents them from moving or hitting you while you do the summoning animations :3

JoeM86

It's super embarrassing but I did that one by doing solo coop. I just moved Agitha as the first player away from danger and did the mission as the second player with Midna. Clearing all the Dinalfos is easy with Midna's C3.

I never actually considered doing this. Actually saves me grief as I have a lot of levels that need doing with characters that are so low levelled.

Actually, it's the level 2 portal. (I haven't unlocked the weapon yet)

zlCfzSkCoggaCnSNDD

Will try the block strategy. I love that attack!

By the way, I need to find a stair item but it refuses to respawn, any tips?

Yup yup! Also, if you're working on a bosses' weakpoint, summon a monster then do a three hit normal combo alongside of them (up to the whirls that come from the side) then stop and summon a new one and do the 3 hit combo again. With this pattern you can deplete a weakpoint in one sitting easily every time (except imprisoned because it cheats :/ ) The reason you don't do the rest of the normal combo is because it takes too long :p

And I think it was you the one who told me :p

Talking about hits, maybe other people has noticed already but some characters hit much harder with the 2 or 3 first Y attacks than with the rest of the combo.
Darunia and Cia for example. Cia at least does the tornado at the end of her combo but Darunia seriously sucks. Its better to hit a captain with the two first hits stop an reapeat while you are moving around them.
You can see how effective is each normal Y hit when you see how many quarters it takes from weakpoints, the two first can take one piece of the quarter, the rest usually dont take anything.

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSkCoggaCnSNDD[IMG]

By the way, I need to find a stair item but it refuses to respawn, any tips?[/QUOTE]

Why not get the level 1 weapon first? In fact I'm really surprised by the path you took. For me my only priority was getting all the characters and level 1 characters, but it seems like you went for higher leveled weapons first.

Dizzy-4U

Out of all the characters, Ganondorf is the one giving me the most trouble. I don't know why, he's weak as hell in my game. I have him at level 40 and still struggle to do his adventure stuff.

I need to farm better weapons for sure but still, I don't like him.

Vorpal

Video game logic is making me think that Ganondorf gets a damage bonus when his swords are glowing/his energy gauge is full. Is that true? Or can I stop hoarding dark energy?

NeonZ

Do you just get the characters themselves for free? Is there a way to get their level 2 and 3 weapons without buying the dlc?

You could get slot + on one of their tier 1 weapons and then grind for the Legendary skill (since then they will drop with 3-4 skill slots, rather than just 1), which will give even lvl1 weapons power superior to lvl 3 weapons... but unlocking the Legendary skill requires having every other weapon in the game and also unlocking the Master Sword's own 25k KOs skill.

bobohoro

Out of all the characters, Ganondorf is the one giving me the most trouble. I don't know why, he's weak as hell in my game. I have him at level 40 and still struggle to do his adventure stuff.

I need to farm better weapons for sure but still, I don't like him.

Ganondorf's Adventure stuff is pretty high level, even his starting ones, so he may feel a bit weak. I did most of that stuff around level 50 and it was perfectly doable by then, getting his higher tier weapons also helps. I went from barely scraping Ganon in that one big monster mission to absolutely destroying him in a minute with the help of some 15-20 levels and his third tier weapon.

You may need some more space between you and the enemies with Ganondorf to really get the damage going. His C3 is great for sniping, and his C5 takes tons of health off officers if you let them charge into it. You can also brutforce things with C6 if your enemies don't do a lot of damage. Actually charging his darkness meter also seems to add quite a bit to his damage output, me thinks.

jimi_dini

zlCfzSkCoggaCnSNDD

Oh well, you could use Lana's spear to get it. The Spear is OP in case you get the weak spot down. I think I used the spear for level 1+2, but the level 3 one forces you to use the summoning gate.

The first Summoning Gate for Lana is at C16 and the final one (that mission is pretty hard) is at A16. Afaik all 3 require A ranks.
For the level 1 one you need a raft on D16 to get there.

By the way, I need to find a stair item but it refuses to respawn, any tips?

Just beat a few levels. It will show up sooner or later. And I think it's ladders.

And I think it was you the one who told me :p

Talking about hits, maybe other people has noticed already but some characters hit much harder with the 2 or 3 first Y attacks than with the rest of the combo.
Darunia and Cia for example. Cia at least does the tornado at the end of her combo but Darunia seriously sucks. Its better to hit a captain with the two first hits stop an reapeat while you are moving around them.
You can see how effective is each normal Y hit when you see how many quarters it takes from weakpoints, the two first can take one piece of the quarter, the rest usually dont take anything.

:D

As for the damage, yeah, it seems quite inconsistent. I was surprised how much of the weakness meter the last hit of Zant's regular combo did as I originally often skipped it seeing as it was only a single hit, but it does almost as much meter damage as half of the rest of the combo :p

I don't think I've bothered with Darunia's regular combo ever since I discovered the craziness that is the giant lava fountain ender (can't remember which combo it is, but it sends a plume of lava off in front of you hitting tons of enemies and any enemies hit by it will explode when they land too due to the fire element :3 ) and, as someone mentioned here earlier, his C1 against individual targets (it's hilarious that you can basically carry someone off with it to finish them with the crazy damaging palm strike at the end in peace: makes the 'kill specified enemies' challenges a lot easier :3)

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I can't get Link's lvl 3 gauntlets. All of these Poes everywhere keep screwing up my damage taken.

Yeah that mission was a pain for me too. With all the Poes around I would avoid Link's C4 (where he pulls the large rock pillar out of the ground) since you can't dash cancel that while you're spinning to dodge projectiles and instead use his C5 as it does quite a lot of damage, although in a much smaller area. Also, I mostly focused on one Poe at a time since killing them off reduces the amount of projectiles you can get hit by. Zelda and Argorok are really the easiest part of that mission, so you can take some time getting the beginning right.

Be sure to kill the Poes marching toward the allied base after the first mission. I ignored them because they wouldn't be able to take the base quickly enough anyway, but that just ended up in them interfering with the Argorok fight, basically making it impossible to crush his weak point because they kept bursting me out of combos.

Thats what i thought until somebody here told me how to play it right. Just spam X (and then B so lana doesn't fell to the floor) to summon the bosses. Deku venom is fantastic against captains and commanders (it also slows them down), so leave that one when you get it. Gohmas are also good because they are fast at hitting everything infront of them. When you get Argorok, thats the only time where you need to combo C6 to get him so you can ride him straight into groups and commanders.

Oh I was definitely spamming X, except for when I got Argorok. I was just frustrated because it still seemed to be going so slow. I was also using the weakest Level 2 Portal possible, because it was the only one I had. I'm sure that didn't help me any haha. And Link's weakpoint went away so quickly that I couldn't drain it in one go when it did show up. I just made sure I had about 4 minutes to do it and got the A rank that way. Maybe I wasn't spamming the strong attack correctly, but I couldn't see how to do it any better. He kept blocking me like crazy.

That's a neat trick for the giant boss fights! I haven't taken the Portal weapon into one of those, but I will definitely remember that one.

And yeah, to hell with the Imprisoned.

Oh I was definitely spamming X, except for when I got Argorok. I was just frustrated because it still seemed to be going so slow. I was also using the weakest Level 2 Portal possible, because it was the only one I had. I'm sure that didn't help me any haha. And Link's weakpoint went away so quickly that I couldn't drain it in one go when it did show up. I just made sure I had about 4 minutes to do it and got the A rank that way. Maybe I wasn't spamming the strong attack correctly, but I couldn't see how to do it any better. He kept blocking me like crazy.

That's a neat trick for the giant boss fights! I haven't taken the Portal weapon into one of those, but I will definitely remember that one.

When using the portal gate on humanoid bosses, I actually do the summon right on top of them as the actual portal opening part of the attack has a hitbox and if it isn't blocked it'll do decent damage and launch them, leaving them wide open to whatever appears afterwards :3
I assume you're also dash cancelling as soon as the creature appears? (you can actually dash cancel before the summon goes off, unfortunately while this does still mean the portal explosion hits, it doesn't actually summon a creature because you stopped before it got through XD )

Dizzy-4U

Ganondorf's Adventure stuff is pretty high level, even his starting ones, so he may feel a bit weak. I did most of that stuff around level 50 and it was perfectly doable by then, getting his higher tier weapons also helps. I went from barely scraping Ganon in that one big monster mission to absolutely destroying him in a minute with the help of some 15-20 levels and his third tier weapon.

You may need some more space between you and the enemies with Ganondorf to really get the damage going. His C3 is great for sniping, and his C5 takes tons of health off officers if you let them charge into it. You can also brutforce things with C6 if your enemies don't do a lot of damage. Actually charging his darkness meter also seems to add quite a bit to his damage output, me thinks.
Thanks for the tips. I'll put them in practice.

Neo Dark

I just went back and got the skulltulas I missed on my first play through. So I'm with 18/20 pieces for the first illustration. Skulltulas from hard mode are for a different illustration set aren't they? So where are the last two at?

I just went back and got the skulltulas I missed on my first play through. So I'm with 18/20 pieces for the first illustration. Skulltulas from hard mode are for a different illustration set aren't they? So where are the last two at?

The first two hard skulltulas for Legend mode are also part of the first illustration :3

jimi_dini

They are not that bad.

After I take their feet out, they will fall. When their weak point vanishes, they will surf on the floor for a few seconds. After that they stand up and trigger red lightning from their feet 6 times, right after that I attack their feet again. For me one single charged up sword swing with Link will take out one foot.

After I have made them fall down 2 times, I will have destroyed their weak point once. And after that I'm doing A super attacks near their feet. Normally one of those makes them fall and then they are dust. That way I avoid that stupid red lightning attack.

There is one mission with Ganondorf, that puts you against 1 large one and 2 little ones in a tiny room. The red lightning area attack was really unfair in that mission. Almost no way to avoid it.

btw. why can't I get both photo pieces at once? I'm killing everything left and right and just had to replay a master quest mission twice just because the 2nd photo didn't want to spawn, although I wasn't hit at all. On the second go it even spawned in the same place as the first one.

OK.. That's what I was thinking but it just seemed of.. So where are the last 4 for that hard set at that? Randomly sprinkled over adventure mode?
Possibly. Sorry, I'm afraid my knowledge of the illustrations currently only extends to the first one as that's the only one I've completed ;3

I never actually considered doing this. Actually saves me grief as I have a lot of levels that need doing with characters that are so low levelled.

Yup, the only reason I've got weapons left to collect is because most of the characters are so low leveled. Gonna maul everyone with Ganondorf now!

TheMoon

random discovery:

LonelyGreyWolf, you're on the Dark Theme, aren't you? I just switched and re-read the OP. It's clearly designed for Dark Theme only. This explains why it's so hard to read on the Bright Theme. Maybe something to consider for your next OT! :)

When using the portal gate on humanoid bosses, I actually do the summon right on top of them as the actual portal opening part of the attack has a hitbox and if it isn't blocked it'll do decent damage and launch them, leaving them wide open to whatever appears afterwards :3
I assume you're also dash cancelling as soon as the creature appears? (you can actually dash cancel before the summon goes off, unfortunately while this does still mean the portal explosion hits, it doesn't actually summon a creature because you stopped before it got through XD )

I noticed that the opening had a hitbox, but I didn't think it would be really effective (I was low on time and he loved blocking me). I'll have to try it that out! And yeah, I've been dash cancelling out of the boss summons. Agitha's got me trained well on that. :p

They are not that bad.

After I take their feet out, they will fall. When their weak point vanishes, they will surf on the floor for a few seconds. After that they stand up and trigger red lightning from their feet 6 times, right after that I attack their feet again. For me one single charged up sword swing with Link will take out one foot.

After I have made them fall down 2 times, I will have destroyed their weak point once. And after that I'm doing A super attacks near their feet. Normally one of those makes them fall and then they are dust. That way I avoid that stupid red lightning attack.

There is one mission with Ganondorf, that puts you against 1 large one and 2 little ones in a tiny room. The red lightning area attack was really unfair in that mission. Almost no way to avoid it.

btw. why can't I get both photo pieces at once? I'm killing everything left and right and just had to replay a master quest mission twice just because the 2nd photo didn't want to spawn, although I wasn't hit at all. On the second go it even spawned in the same place as the first one.

Oh, I can deal with the Imprisoned perfectly fine. My comment was in rage against the fact that you can't one-shot his weakness meter. He's a dirty cheater! Lol. And you CAN dodge that lightning attack, and I can do it very reliably. When he's preparing it he bends over, and he unleashes it when he straightens out and shouts at the sky. The instant he does that, dodge. It will miss! Although yeah, that mission it was a bit tougher, because you had to watch so many things simultaneously. I definitely understand how you feel on that one.

You can't get both Skulltulas to appear in the same run. You have to collect the first, finish the level, and go back in again to get a shot at the second one.

random discovery:

LonelyGreyWolf, you're on the Dark Theme, aren't you? I just switched and re-read the OP. It's clearly designed for Dark Theme only. This explains why it's so hard to read on the Bright Theme. Maybe something to consider for your next OT! :)

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

No, I don't like the dark theme. This is the first time I heard someone say they find the OP hard to read. I just designed it to be easy to read no matter the theme. Headers do look a little better in the dark theme, but they look good in bright theme too.

jimi_dini

Oh, I can deal with the Imprisoned perfectly fine. My comment was in rage against the fact that you can't one-shot his weakness meter. He's a dirty cheater! Lol.

Yeah

Wait for the boss survival level. That was actually a real pain.

And you CAN dodge that lightning attack, and I can do it very reliably. When he's preparing it he bends over, and he unleashes it when he straightens out and shouts at the sky. The instant he does that, dodge. It will miss!

WAT
You can dodge the lightning. OMG. I didn't know. I just ran away a bit and was lucky that the damn thing wasn't in the middle of the room. How should I have known that the dodge move works on the lightning as well. :( Still beat it with A rank, so...

You can't get both Skulltulas to appear in the same run. You have to collect the first, finish the level, and go back in again to get a shot at the second one.

Yeah and that bothers me. Especially when my first run is perfect :/

Top Bottom