• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

This game is sooo addicting.....

"ill just play this mission, should take about 15 minutes then ill stop."

*clears it*

"Thats enough for tonight....oh now I can try and unlock Zeldas new weapon. Okay, to bed after this!"

*clears it*

"Okay, now to bed.....wait a minute I could of unlocked a character? Why the hell dint I notice!?"

*clears it an etc more missions*

"Okay, that was a quick session. Time to go to bed."

*looks at clock*

"5 in the morning.....well shit."

Seriously cant wait to buy the DLC.

Exile20

*clears it*

"Thats enough for tonight....oh now I can try and unlock Zeldas new weapon. Okay, to bed after this!"

*clears it*

"Okay, now to bed.....wait a minute I could of unlocked a character? Why the hell dint I notice!?"

*looks at clock*

Hahahaha

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Restarting this mission for the 3rd damn time because I can't lure the motherfuckers in front of the fairy fountain because my own guys stall them up outside of the strike zone and then the game saves after the failure.

Stupid motherfuckers...

Bombless

I'm at the Legend mode mission when I have to kill both
Zelda
and
Link
at the same time. It's driving me crazy >_<

Richie

Master Quest's very first mission encapsulates the absolute joy of this game so, so well.

Say friends! This is an embarrasingly dumb question I bet, but how -exactly- do you go about finding characters' higher leveled weapons? I ask because I have more than a few with weapons that won't go pass 120 in power. If I wanted, say, to find better weapons for Darunia, with more power and slots, how do I do it?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Master Quest's very first mission encapsulates the absolute joy of this game so, so well.

Say friends! This is an embarrasingly dumb question I bet, but how -exactly- do you go about finding characters' higher leveled weapons? I ask because I have more than a few with weapons that won't go pass 120 in power. If I wanted, say, to find better weapons for Darunia, with more power and slots, how do I do it?

Use a weapon with Stars+ or Slots+and use it with a brewed Potion in the Bazaar that boosts Weapon Stars or Slots. 5 Star is the highest.

Lvl1 has 3 max slots. Lvl2 has 6 max slots. Lvl3 and Lvl* has 8 max slots.

For higher power you'll need higher tier which you unlock via completing the golden weapon missions on adventure mode corresponding to whatever weapon you want. for more stars (more stars = more power, up to a max of 5 stars), slots and other stuff magius's advice has you covered :3

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Play more Adventure mode. You will find specific challenges(designated as golden weapon icons on the map) that unlock new weapon tiers for each hero up to 3. Until you actually complete those challenges you will be stuck earning weapons only for the tier you have(in your case, lv 1 tier...which as you stated maxes out at 120 dmg with a 5-star quality).

Richie

Use a weapon with Stars+ or Slots+and use it with a brewed Potion in the Bazaar that boosts Weapon Stars or Slots. 5 Star is the highest.

Lvl1 has 3 max slots. Lvl2 has 6 max slots. Lvl3 and Lvl* has 8 max slots.

For higher power you'll need higher tier which you unlock via completing the golden weapon missions on adventure mode corresponding to whatever weapon you want. for more stars (more stars = more power, up to a max of 5 stars), slots and other stuff magius's advice has you covered :3

Play more Adventure mode. You will find specific challenges(designated as golden weapon icons on the map) that unlock new weapon tiers for each hero up to 3. Until you actually complete those challenges you will be stuck earning weapons only for the tier you have(in your case, lv 1 tier...which as you stated maxes out at 120 dmg with a 5-star quality).

Thank you very, very much, guys! Gonna put all that in practice right now!

Brandon F

*clears it*

*clears it*

*looks at clock*

Welcome to Musou!

Now you too can feel bummed out when most of the internet calls these games utter bullshit after having spent nights and weekends totally hooked and grinning.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I was doing one of those locked room maps and was hoping to snipe those babas; they locked me out of the room. :(

Dizzy-4U

Currently doing lvl 70-75 Link missions.

These have to be the hardest, most intense missions I've done so far. Very hard to kill generals (usually 3 or 4 attacking at the same time), losing keeps after a few minutes of taking them and the base always getting invaded.

Really loving it. The rewards are not bad either.

Ugh, Zant's 3rd weapon stage is frustrating me. I got the stupid weapon (had to cheat and use Midna on a second controller - Zant just isn't fast enough to do all of that, or at least mine isn't). That took a few tries. And now I'm having trouble with the second Skulltula. Between Darknuts, Fi and Sheik, I always lose more than 4 hearts. I'm so close to being 100% done with the first Adventure map, so to be stuck in an uninteresting level is a bit of a drag.

I was doing one of those locked room maps and was hoping to snipe those babas; they locked me out of the room. :(

Lol. That's pretty funny.

Dice

Okay I finished Legend mode, so hopefully Adventure mode will stop yelling at me about that!

I also beat the last level with Zelda, whom I hadn't played with yet, even though kicking ass with her was one of the main appeals of the game to me.

Neo Dark

Just did my first rewards map, the true partners one

Some true partners they are.
Pick one partner and the rest becomes as jealous as Cia?
If I can't have you as my partner, no one can!
Anyways, I used Cia and beat it on my first time but was Midna and Agatha a pain in the ass. Their weak points only did like 1/20th of damage.

Anyways, I used Cia and beat it on my first time but was Midna and Agatha a pain in the ass. Their weak points only did like 1/20th of damage.

You can totally cheese that map. Just wait a few minutes to pick a partner, and then go pick Midna. Everyone else will have their HP at critical, and Midna will have most of hers left.

*clears it*

*clears it*

*looks at clock*

Ahaha! That's certainly true. It's 3:52am where I live and it's all thanks to Adventure Mode. Just 2 more squares until Zelda's Gleaming Rapier is unlocked...

Trying to get Lana's level 3 Deku Stick, I've failed 3 times so far.
  • Attempt 1: Well, it was my first try so unfamiliarity kind of doomed me from the start, but in the end I finished 33 seconds too long.
  • Attempt 2: I foolishly ignored Baby Cucco in favor of saving Volga, and thanks to Mama Cucco's rages I lost too much health.
  • Attempt 3: I was in a hurry to reach the end, A-ranked on time and damage but completely forgot to reach the required 1200 KOs.
Luckily this game is loads of fun no matter how many times I repeat a stage.
Dang, I had almost the exact same experience. I had to quit out on my second attempt, because I knew Mama Cucco was making me fail. I really wish the game had a restart option in the pause menu.

Dice

This game really sucks you in. I was just playing this level in adventure mode where you fight two armies at once, and they are just ridiculously relentless on attacking your base. It was such a hard scrape because my guys kept getting overwhelmed and I couldn't kill things fast enough. I lost like 4 times and it took 40 mins each time, but I kept at it like a madman, lol. Oh well, Zelda is level 40 now.

Time for sleep.

*clears it*

*clears it*

*looks at clock*

It happened to me yesterday!

I started playing at 10 PM. My wife was already asleep, and I was planning on going to bed around 12 AM, since I had to work in the morning. I played a few Adventure Mode stages, and then my wife woke up and told me it was already 2:30 AM! I'll have to use an alarm clock tonight.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Protip. Just kill enemies for like 5 minutes and avoid choosing a partner and when the other characters are low on health and Midna has barely taken any damage select Midna as your Partner and watch as all the other characters fall before you like dominoes.

Why are we spoilering a Reward Map?

darkmagus

Got Ganondorf lvl3, Impa Nanigata Lvl3 and Ruto's Lvl2 Weapons. i haven't been able to play the last couple of days, so i am slowly making progress.

Not gonna lie... with Lana's summoning Portal the map was a breeze. I fought 3 of them at the same time without even bothering with their weakpoints and they died fairly quickly. My Lana is level 45 and only has summoning gate tier 2 :p

I'll have to give it a run with Cia later just for fun and some more gold mats though :3

Brandon F

Anyone have a clear answer on the advantage for keeping Ganon's swords glowing? Not noticing any real added damage or darkness effect, is it just a way to signal that I can use the C1 ability and to spam that?(Kind of annoying though due to the long charge-up time meaning most often generals get in a few free hits before it pulls off making A ranks or Skultula runs a bit more difficult).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I liked the game
Adventure mode is keeping me busy for weeks
Free DLC characters/weapons
October paid DLC is very good because of scenarios
Incoming DLC at a good price (I've bought the pack) will be released until next February, apparently with good contents
amiibo Link compatibility will make me come back to the game in December (when I'll buy the figure), even if only to unlock its Costumes

This game is really surprising me. In a positive way!

El Odio

Banned
OMG, why is Epona so fun to play? I haven't even touched the master quest map yet but wanted to try her out and even at 80 power my level 62 link was wrecking everything.

CBTech

OMG, why is Epona so fun to play? I haven't even touched the master quest map yet but wanted to try her out and even at 80 power my level 62 link was wrecking everything.

I haven't played a normal map with Epona yet, though I've done a couple devestating attacks and defeat all enemies missions with her. Every time I play as Link I want to use the Master Sword to whittle away at those 25,000 kills...

Blues1990

The one thing that bums me out about Epona, is that I wished the Twilight & Ocarina versions had changed when Link had his Ocarina of Time & Twilight Princess costumes on, rather than being Level 2 & Level 3 weapons. I otherwise love stomping and charging through the levels while riding on horse back.

georly

I finally figured out the gimmick to the baton. I still hate the baton. Making the tornado bigger and more powerful is more trouble than it's worth.

Also, anyone have any tips fighting against zant? I fought him last night and managed to somehow get him to fall off his totem and go into a dizzy/weak point state. Is there a way to force a weakpoint state? Left alone he never seems to go into it.

I finally figured out the gimmick to the baton. I still hate the baton. Making the tornado bigger and more powerful is more trouble than it's worth.

Also, anyone have any tips fighting against zant? I fought him last night and managed to somehow get him to fall off his totem and go into a dizzy/weak point state. Is there a way to force a weakpoint state? Left alone he never seems to go into it.

Again: to make Zant dizzy, you need to block.

Fandangox

It's the twilight bar, the same way as when you use him. If you get him to overuse his strong attacks he will get dizzy and expose the weakness gauge.

Block his attacks, he will attack and then spam his strong attacks if you are blocking close enough.

georly

Again: to make Zant dizzy, you need to block.

It's the twilight bar, the same way as when you use him. If you get him to overuse his strong attacks he will get dizzy and expose the weakness gauge.

Block his attacks, he will attack and then spam his strong attacks if you are blocking close enough.

Ah blocking, that makes sense. Typically I just dodge/avoid enemies to get them into a weak point state. Would explain why I accidentally triggered it last night. Fought him 50 times and just finally saw him fall down dizzy.

CBTech

I still haven't quite figured out how the baton works. I noticed that after using the strong attack some enemies have wind around them, but I'm not sure what to do after that.

georly

I still haven't quite figured out how the baton works. I noticed that after using the strong attack some enemies have wind around them, but I'm not sure what to do after that.

Use your 'strong attack' where you summon the tornado you can control. If you hit one of them the tornado grows.

I find that most of the time when i do that, the baby tornado is gone, presumably because it killed them.

Ah blocking, that makes sense. Typically I just dodge/avoid enemies to get them into a weak point state. Would explain why I accidentally triggered it last night. Fought him 50 times and just finally saw him fall down dizzy.

Yeah, I never block, and that goes for most games. Dodging just make faster gameplay and in this game you're immune to damage while dodging too. But in this case you do need to use block if you want to attack his weak point. I like how different enemies have different strategies. That is not a common thing in a Warriors game.

The baton is shit and only has one really good attack YYX (the guitar hero notes). It makes Zelda slower, the rest of her attacks do shit damage even with her at high levels and to top everything off there is an attack (YYYX) that you will probably do by accident trying to do the YYX numerous times that leaves Zelda totally defenseless and its UNCANCELLABLE. Good lord that attak has to be the worst of the whole freaking game.

It doesnt help that Zelda has probably the worst defense in the whole game (tried yesterday using different characters on one of the kill this commander instead of that one maps). The characters that i tried where at the same level 75. The attacks took away less hearts from other characters than Zelda, who with each hit taken coul go from 1 heart out (small attacks that other characters only were take a quarter or half) to 2 and a half (attacks that only took 1 of other characters).
And yes, all my characters have the same badges.
So do that attack accidentally once infront of a poe or a lizalfos and you can say good buy to your second skulltula, or maybe even the A rank if it happens more than once.

But the X attack is cool!... when it works. Is not even that good for a luck based attack. If at least it was devastating as in killing everything even captains and commanders, but its not, theres a bunch of characters that do better damage to groups with a simple always work combo.

I would like for the game to show stats of the characters for every parameter, not only strength.

^ Yeah, I've been noticing that a lot when playing as Zelda. I thought it was strange how all the enemies were doing so much damage. Would definitely be nice to see all stats.

And the baton is just one of those weapons that are supposed to be fun, not strong, just as Agitha et. al..

Sagitario

Trying to get Lana's level 3 Deku Stick, I've failed 3 times so far.

• Attempt 1: Well, it was my first try so unfamiliarity kind of doomed me from the start, but in the end I finished 33 seconds too long.
  • Attempt 2: I foolishly ignored Baby Cucco in favor of saving Volga, and thanks to Mama Cucco's rages I lost too much health.
  • Attempt 3: I was in a hurry to reach the end, A-ranked on time and damage but completely forgot to reach the required 1200 KOs.
Luckily this game is loads of fun no matter how many times I repeat a stage.

Dang, I had almost the exact same experience. I had to quit out on my second attempt, because I knew Mama Cucco was making me fail. I really wish the game had a restart option in the pause menu.

What level are you guys? I tried it like 3 or 4 times and only succeeded once (and far from an A rank). Lana's Deku Stick sucks :(

So yeah, I thought characters got 2 lines of hearts like in any Zelda, but my agitha already has 3 at level 89.
Just helping someone from my friend list with a level 1 Link in master quest lol.

^ Yeah, I've been noticing that a lot when playing as Zelda. I thought it was strange how all the enemies were doing so much damage. Would definitely be nice to see all stats.

And the baton is just one of those weapons that are supposed to be fun, not strong, just as Agitha et. al..

I wouldnt call agitha and Zelda fun to play either.
They are more frustrating than fun, and they are probably tied to the worst stages of Adventure and Master Quest (although ive been doing great with Agitha in MQ for now).
Agitha is better than Zelda though, Zelda's baton is the worst weapon in the whole game even if it has a rather good and fast YYX.

Volga is powerful and fun, Midna is powerful and fun, Fi and Ruto are not that powerful but they are really fun when you know how to handle them.
Wizzro is even less powerful, but it has been a blast to play in Master Quest.
Lana's portal is hard to use but really fun, lana's book is really powerful and fun, but her deku stick is not that good and not that fun to use either.
Link's great Fairy is powerful but totally useless in the majority of the stages, and is fun to use also.

StAidan

What level are you guys? I tried it like 3 or 4 times and only succeeded once (and far from an A rank). Lana's Deku Stick sucks :(

I think my first attempt was at level 40 with the level 2 Deku Stick. My three attempts got me up to level 44, I haven't made my fourth attempt yet (got distracted last night with some other missions).

Top Bottom