• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Haha, I had trouble with Lana Stick 3 too. I like the Deku Leaf combo though; I should try for A again since it's been a while.

Well, I did the first new scenario for Cia and had a lot of trouble. Starting from level 1, had to level her up, my allied base kept falling and then I finally made it (tried it at least 10 times, didn't save the experience in the beginning). At the result screen, it showed that I completed it on hard and then I was, oh, that's right, last time I played the Legend Mode it was on hard... So that's why I had those trouble...

Would have turned it to normal if I knew sooner... But okay, still got nice rewards, I guess...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Are rupees used in significant amounts for anything but levels? Everything else you buy is pocket change in comparison so I don't mind spending on levels, but maybe I'm leaving myself unprepared for something else that opens up.

Are rupees used in significant amounts for anything but levels? Everything else you buy is pocket change in comparison so I don't mind spending on levels, but maybe I'm leaving myself unprepared for something else that opens up.

I can confirm you only need it for levels

but you're gonna need a lot of them if you plan on leveling everyone

jimi_dini

Gdz3LOdl.jpg

Oh god, I didn't think I would survive it :p But I finally got it.

Mesoian

Alright, how do I get to master quest and do I have to finish the vanilla adventure mode to get there? These weapon unlocks are just annoying me now.

Kinsei

Banned
N-new costumes are in there somewhere? ...goodbye, life...

Yep! Along with the 2 costumes the DLC added a recolor for all 16 characters.

Alright, how do I get to master quest and do I have to finish the vanilla adventure mode to get there? These weapon unlocks are just annoying me now.

If you have the DLC it should be right underneath the rewards map. If it's not there keep starting the game and exiting to the Wii U menu until it does.

jimi_dini

So far that's been the hardest level for me to A rank in the MQ map. I imagine I'll face some tougher ones soon though, since I've only got about a third of the map left.

That's right. Was the hardest for me as well until now. No room for any error. One of those Dinolfos instant killed me from behind :/

I've found that Legends mode can be good for some of the captain drops but the gold and silver drops from the characters like midna and link are bet gotten from the quiz maps in adventure mode.

Depends which materials you need, I guess. The reward map for completing the first Skulltula picture gives gold materials for all the characters you defeat so it's great for getting Zelda's tiara, Midna's fused shadow or whatever else you might need of that variety :3

Thank you guys! I'm gonna work on that first Skulltula picture!

Bog

Junior Ace
Been playing through Adventure in co-op. The cumulative KOs makes A-Rank in KOs and Clear Time a lot easier. But Damage Taken being cumulative can cause some animosity.

Kinsei

Banned
I really like the alts you can unlock in the new adventure map. I really wasn't expecting WW and Zelda II inspired alts.

explodet

Been playing through Adventure in co-op. The cumulative KOs makes A-Rank in KOs and Clear Time a lot easier. But Damage Taken being cumulative can cause some animosity.
This has been my experience too, co-op is fun but when my partner takes too much damage (or stresses out because they took exactly one hit when several hits can be taken), it's time to do some maps solo.

FINALLY got the second gold Skulltula from Zant's level 3 weapon stage. The embarrassing part was that I got it to appear earlier, and ran around half the stage looking for it before I finally found it, at which point it promptly fled. It turned out it was right next to where I already was, but I didn't notice it. I felt like such a moron.

llehuty

Daaamn, this game is a trap. Been playing for 5 hours non-stop. Send help.

And yeah, also not a fan of Agitha and Lana's deku stick or Zelda's baton. And I add to the bunch Ruto.Luckily you don't stay more than 15~20 min with the same character.

I was thinking of buying 3DS Smash at some point, but I'm going to wait until I'm finally done with this. Maybe I'll skip it if I think Wii U Smash release is close enough.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Haven't been playing as much in the past few days, but needed to take a break from trying to get hats in Smash (seriously, awful). Felt good to just beat some ass. Got Zant's level 2 weapon, and the level 3s for Ganondorf and Sheik. Still missing a ton, but not really in a rush.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I like how you can go anywhere in Adventure, got Lana's lv 3 stick before her lv 2 so I steamrolled the lv 2 stage.

Meeps

FINALLY got the second gold Skulltula from Zant's level 3 weapon stage. The embarrassing part was that I got it to appear earlier, and ran around half the stage looking for it before I finally found it, at which point it promptly fled. It turned out it was right next to where I already was, but I didn't notice it. I felt like such a moron.

That skulltula was the worst. When I finally got it, Ganondorf fled and I lost with Ghirahim at a few pixels of health left.

Blues1990

Is there a decent guide that shows the locations of all the Gold Skulltulas? I have already collected all of the heart pieces in Legend Mode, but I just want to get the Legend Mode Skulltulas out of the way, so that my friend and I can get through with collecting the others in Adventure Mode.

Dice

OH MY GOD WHY

Am I going to have to play co-op to get A-Rank speeds on these "babysit your pathetic dog shit worthless captains at home base" missions?

Got 3 levels left on original Adventure Map, and I have just one question.

How the hell do you get 1000 KOs in 10 minutes as Agitha?!?! It doesn't help that this is the only time they do one of these where the mooks aren't really crowded together.

1450? Nice! I really need to find time to play some more; I've barely even touched the MQ map. Looks like lots of opportunities for epic magic mode runs there.

Dice

Volga got me an A-rank on some kill 800 in 10mins thing. It was kind of high-level, but he just dive-bombed around as a goddamn dragon. Nobody can beat that. I just had to stay clear of the Manhandlas. Seems like he could be a good pick for farming mats out of the characters that appear and bosses. Just need a Mats+ slot and maybe do some apothecary.

Got 3 levels left on original Adventure Map, and I have just one question.

How the hell do you get 1000 KOs in 10 minutes as Agitha?!?! It doesn't help that this is the only time they do one of these where the mooks aren't really crowded together.

I used XXY dodge cancel and repeat. Use Musou on big clumps to save time, the beetle is very big so he can catch them when they're spread out. And I'm sure you noticed at every 100 KOs they spawn new clumps, so at every 100 start heading towards the new clump and musou them.

Having x3 potions helps a lot too and level 3 nayru's love for the stupid imprisoned. A little luck when it comes to herding around the imprisoned helps too,

I also read somewhere that someone used a weapon with bombs+ and got the upgrade for more bombs, which I found the big bombgs pretty useful when I did randomly get them.

JoeM86

Quick question

With 8-bit weapons, when I've got them through Network Links or as a prize, they've never had any stars. Are they set like this, or am I just unlucky?

NeonZ

Not this month, no.

But the TP pack is out November in Japan...

Quick question

With 8-bit weapons, when I've got them through Network Links or as a prize, they've never had any stars. Are they set like this, or am I just unlucky?

You're just unlucky. The first one you get doesn't have stars, like usual, but afterwards they can have stars like any random drop.

TheMoon

But the TP pack is out November in Japan...

And in Europe, too. Still, unless it's out two weeks early in Japan I don't expect any news about it in October. Even then, I'd expect the news to hit 1-2 days prior to JP release if at all.

d1rtn4p

Finally getting around to starting this, and I must say it's amazing so far... This is the first "warriors" type game I've played. I was always worried that it seems like it would be boring, but I like that they give you constant mission objectives and things to do that help give you some drive. Just finished the first two maps in Legends mode, but really loving it.

Quick question on the difficulty...Haven't had any problems so far on normal, but wondering if it'll get harder naturally or if I should pump it up to Hard?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Finally getting around to starting this, and I must say it's amazing so far... This is the first "warriors" type game I've played. I was always worried that it seems like it would be boring, but I like that they give you constant mission objectives and things to do that help give you some drive. Just finished the first two maps in Legends mode, but really loving it.

Quick question on the difficulty...Haven't had any problems so far on normal, but wondering if it'll get harder naturally or if I should pump it up to Hard?

Sounds like you would enjoy it on hard :p

CBTech

I bumped it to hard after doing the first two missions as well and stuck with hard for the rest of my first play through. I honestly didn't notice that big of a difference except sobe enemies taking longer to kill. I'd go back and play the first levels in hard to see if you like it.

Top Bottom