• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Kinsei

Banned
Soooooooo gonna use these. Thanks for this! Any other weakpoint tips and counterpick tricks?

Aeralfos/Fiery Aeralfos work like Moblins. Hit them enough while they're blocking to make them fly.

Lizalfos/Dinalfos are weak to the bow. Shoot them with an arrow as they're doing the super fire breath attack.

Poes are also weak to the bow. Shoot them while they're charging up the bigger flamethrower to make it backfire and cause damage to them + reveal their weakpoint.

Gibdo/Redead: Sheik and Cia are immune to their screams. For Sheik use her water shield (C2 then C1) and for Cia use her C1.

What, I never knew this. I main Sheik (as you all probably know) but still I always avoid their scream. I remember I was playing a low-level stage to show my friend some of Sheik's moves and wanted to show him what Gibdo's scream did if it hit you. It did nothing of course and I figured it's because I'm much higher level. Welp, now I know the truth.

Soooooooo gonna use these. Thanks for this! Any other weakpoint tips and counterpick tricks?

When the gibdos do their scream, throw bombs at them. If you land the bombs when their weakness bar comes up then it'll launch them towards you with the weakness meter still on so you can air juggle them and easily break it without the Gibdo being able to do anything :p

Aeralfos/Fiery Aeralfos work like Moblins. Hit them enough while they're blocking to make them fly.

Lizalfos/Dinalfos are weak to the bow. Shoot them with an arrow as they're doing the super fire breath attack.

Poes are also weak to the bow. Shoot them while they're charging up the bigger flamethrower to make it backfire and cause damage to them + reveal their weakpoint.

When the gibdos do their scream, throw bombs at them. If you land the bombs when their weakness bar comes up then it'll launch them towards you with the weakness meter still on so you can air juggle them and easily break it without the Gibdo being able to do anything :p

Mind blown. Makes me feel like a moron waiting around and attacking while trying to bait certain attacks.

Going back to this after the initial Smash hype period. Slowly clearing through Adventure but still not unlocked the very corners of the map. Having a lot of trouble getting Lana's lvl 3 Spear and any of her Gates, and most other level 3's. There are some stages I still can't do.

One is Ghirahim's stage where you need to KO 800 with 3 Gohma following you and I still have no idea how to A rank it. I got his lvl 3 today and still couldn't do it using the "Follow the blobs on the map" method and ignoring Gohma. I'm going to try it again but get rid of Gohma and see how I go if I don't ignore him. My Ghirahim is near lvl 60 as well~~

Going back to this after the initial Smash hype period. Slowly clearing through Adventure but still not unlocked the very corners of the map. Having a lot of trouble getting Lana's lvl 3 Spear and any of her Gates, and most other level 3's. There are some stages I still can't do.

One is Ghirahim's stage where you need to KO 800 with 3 Gohma following you and I still have no idea how to A rank it. I got his lvl 3 today and still couldn't do it using the "Follow the blobs on the map" method and ignoring Gohma. I'm going to try it again but get rid of Gohma and see how I go if I don't ignore him. My Ghirahim is near lvl 60 as well~~

If you have a musou playing friend nearby he can do the 800 kills while you bait gohma. The large bosses have a tendency to follow P1.

Of course if not then it'll probably be pretty tough. Will probably involve a lot of SP and Focus Spirit abuse.

I did try that a while back to no luck. My Ghirahim is lvl 60 now. Killing the Gohmas actually helped now I can kill in one combo if I'm lucky. I just completed the level but was 10 seconds over so...I'm getting there. So annoying doing the same things though. In a sequel I'd hope for it to recommend having your character or weapon at a certain level to save redoing things over. It doesn't add longevity, it adds yawnality.

CBTech

It just hit me that Ganondorf really needs a trident weapon as a reference to the older 2D games. Sadly Volga sort of has that with his level 3 weapon.

Exile20

From the Media Create thread

Koei Tecmo earnings Q&A: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201410/28064544.html#page02

There's a question about Hyrule Warriors' performance, where they answer that they can't outright say if it has surpassed the 500k goal because Nintendo is responsible for overseas publishing, but they mention Japanese sales were in line with what was expected but overseas sales are above expectations, so much so they can even hope for even higher sales outside Japan due to more shipments in the second half of the fiscal year.

bobohoro

Well deserved. Hyrule Warriors is an awesome game. :)

But I got Bayonetta 1+2 in the mail today, so I probably won't frequent this thread as often in the future. But well, will certainly be back for the next DLC in November.

I did try that a while back to no luck. My Ghirahim is lvl 60 now. Killing the Gohmas actually helped now I can kill in one combo if I'm lucky. I just completed the level but was 10 seconds over so...I'm getting there. So annoying doing the same things though. In a sequel I'd hope for it to recommend having your character or weapon at a certain level to save redoing things over. It doesn't add longevity, it adds yawnality.

Yeah, some more direct indication of difficulty would be nice. You figure out as you go along that the corners are harder, or that the topmost two rows are more difficult than the others, but there are certain spikes in there that may annoy you.

For Ghirahim, get into the blobs and use his C5 (the one were he elevates a checkered floor into the air and comes crashing down), by far his best and fastest crowd clearer. Aim to get around 90 KOs per blob in the beginning and around 50-60 later on, an then dash around the map. It helps at times to take a longer route on the outside of the map, since the Ghomas might get confused by that. Level 60 is more than enough for this challenge, but if you can net yourself a higher starred weapon (look for network links) that might help too.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

great!
as I was saying over there:
I'm happy because I like the game. Hopefully we could see a sequel (maybe cross-platform with Wii U and 4DS ;p) and maybe (looking at FE x SMT and DQ Heroes) even a Fire Emblem Mosou game

great!
as I was saying over there:
I'm happy because I like the game. Hopefully we could see a sequel (maybe cross-platform with Wii U and 4DS ;p) and maybe (looking at FE x SMT and DQ Heroes) even a Fire Emblem Mosou game

Why would you want to play a Warriors game on a handheld?

Golnei

Why would you want to play a Warriors game on a handheld?

I wouldn't want to play one on handhelds exclusively, but transferring progress between the handheld and console versions of the same game would be appealing for this genre. If the unified Nintendo OS ends up happening, I'd love to see the Hyrule Warriors sequel make use of that setup - or even the original game, if the next handheld is backwards-compatible with Wii U titles after all.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I wouldn't want to play one on handhelds exclusively, but transferring progress between the handheld and console versions of the same game would be appealing for this genre. If the unified Nintendo OS ends up happening, I'd love to see the Hyrule Warriors sequel make use of that setup - or even the original game, if the next handheld is backwards-compatible with Wii U titles after all.

Yep, it was more intended to underline the possible NintendOS thing than anything. Plus, Koei could see a potential success on portable considering how it's safer than home for the Nintendo brand, so I was just saying that a sequel is possible if this is performing well, even more if they can see the chance to develop it also for the next handheld, admortizing the costs/investments

Cool, I hope it continues to gather sales. Everyone I've given a shot of it who owns a Wii-U so far has went out and bought it afterwards, so hopefully as word slowly gets around and people actually get a chance to finally TRY the game instead of just going "buh, it looks too simple" it'll pick up even more and merit a sequel. Y'know, after they've finished the 300 metric tonnes of awesome DLC for the first one :D

Golnei

Why wouldn't you, Musou games are great for just quick pick up and play if you're in bed or something. So glad Samurai Warriors 4 on the vita isn't an awful port.

edit: 90% of my time on HW is on the gamepad

Though the gamepad is also significantly larger and more robust than a handheld - I prefer to use it when playing HW as well, but wouldn't necessarily say that'd translate to wanting to spend the same amount of time playing the game on a 3DS-sized device.

For Ghirahim, get into the blobs and use his C5 (the one were he elevates a checkered floor into the air and comes crashing down), by far his best and fastest crowd clearer. Aim to get around 90 KOs per blob in the beginning and around 50-60 later on, an then dash around the map. It helps at times to take a longer route on the outside of the map, since the Ghomas might get confused by that. Level 60 is more than enough for this challenge, but if you can net yourself a higher starred weapon (look for network links) that might help too.
Thanks for the advice. I tried twice again last night and was doing worse than before. The reward is only a piece of heart but it's bugged me for so long that I can't complete it. I have been using his C4 where he shoots out a spinning projectile then can follow up with swords surrounding him and then summom moblins. I generally cancel the last part. I used this more because i felt the C5 attack was slower and wasn't ranged.

shaowebb

Geeeeeeeeeez these system link rewards are amazing. Forget the Master Sword. This Magic Sword absolutely slaughters it. And holy crap who knew you could get more than 6 slots!

Reknoc

Though the gamepad is also significantly larger and more robust than a handheld - I prefer to use it when playing HW as well, but wouldn't necessarily say that'd translate to wanting to spend the same amount of time playing the game on a 3DS-sized device.

Screen size doesn't bother me too much, the only real advantage I find is that naturally the Gamepad doesn't lose any buttons in the transition, unlike the Vita games where stuff needs to get assigned to the touchsceen/pad. Also I guess it looks better since its just streaming.

Geeeeeeeeeez these system link rewards are amazing. Forget the Master Sword. This Magic Sword absolutely slaughters it. And holy crap who knew you could get more than 6 slots!

You can get up to 8 slots at best :3
Also, the magic sword might be beating your master sword right now, but if you unlock all weapons and weapon tiers (by doing the bronze and gold sword quests on adventure map) then kill 25,000 people with the master sword... well... let's just say your magic sword is going to be left behind somewhat by what it unlocks :p

You can get up to 8 slots at best :3
Also, the magic sword might be beating your master sword right now, but if you unlock all weapons and weapon tiers (by doing the bronze and gold sword quests on adventure map) then kill 25,000 people with the master sword... well... let's just say your magic sword is going to be left behind somewhat by what it unlocks :p

Who has the patience or time for that though? And besides, if you have every single weapon in the game, chances are you don't feel a need to make one of the strongest characters even stronger as you've already done everything (except probably hero mode I suppose) :)

EDIT: Not too mention that you have 8-slots on Magic Sword and only one on Master Sword, right? So many possibilities for Magic Sword.

Also the Magic Sword looks awesome.

Who has the patience or time for that though? And besides, if you have every single weapon in the game, chances are you don't feel a need to make one of the strongest characters even stronger as you've already done everything (except probably hero mode I suppose) :)

EDIT: Not too mention that you have 8-slots on Magic Sword and only one on Master Sword, right? So many possibilities for Magic Sword.

Also the Magic Sword looks awesome.

Clearly some people have the time and patience, else we wouldn't know what it did, would we? ;D
Also, unlocking the master sword's true potential helps all other weapons as well, if you can find the master slot for them and hey, with the master slot you can use any tier of weapon you like: any weapon with the master slot has the maximum (before stars) power for it's type regardless of tier anyhoo :3

Golnei

Don't forget that we still have another two adventure maps to come. By the time people are done with those, unsealing the Master Sword will probably be a much more reasonable task.

NeonZ

Don't forget that we still have another two adventure maps to come. By the time people are done with those, unsealing the Master Sword will probably be a much more reasonable task.

I'll laugh if we end up getting tier four weapons out of one of those two though. It'd make all that kind of pointless. Koei usually makes joke weapons and "tier above the max" ones as DLC. The 8-bit ones are clearly the joke ones here, and I don't think they can extend the joke much longer.

Then, again, I've used the Legendary Skill to make the Hyrule Warrior Epona usable as an end game weapon, so it wasn't pointless (It just seemed wrong to go with Hyrule Warriors Link in the Twilight or Time Eponas). I'm also about to power up a Golden Gauntlet too to replace the Power Glove + Chain Chomp.

Golnei

Koei usually makes joke weapons and "tier above the max" ones as DLC. The 8-bit ones are clearly the joke ones here, and I don't think they can extend the joke much longer.

I guess they could use 16-bit or N64 models, but I agree that it'd be redundant. Hopefully the weapon-swapped Master Quest NPCs are an indication that we'll be getting something similar for the unlockable weapons in the next two maps.

I guess they could use 16-bit or N64 models, but I agree that it'd be redundant. Hopefully the weapon-swapped Master Quest NPCs are an indication that we'll be getting something similar for the unlockable weapons in the next two maps.

SUMMONING GATES FOR EEEEEEVERYOOONNEEEE!!!

tumblr_ndz1m5nS6h1rf0hsxo1_250.gif

zlCfzSb1vHQsEueN2H

:3

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Feeling pretty good with my 8 Slot Flesh Render Trident for Volga. Complete with Legendary and Sturdy Feet skills.

How do you get 8 slots on a weapon? Slots+ has only ever gotten me 7

Apothecary potion brew that boosts number of slots on dropped weapons. It stacks with Slots+

JoeM86

Stuck on a level in Master Quest. Need to A Rank it to proceed. Play as Zelda with the Rapier against Ganondorf etc. and then the Imprisoned. Speed Run.

Impossible to A Rank. It takes forever to take Imprisoned's health down and that's with a 5 star Gleaming Rapier with VS Beast on it with a Level 64 Zelda..

NeonZ

Both the 8-bit Sword and the Magical Sword are level 3 weapons? I haven't unlocked the latter.

Yes, both are lvl 3 weapons. The Magical Sword has to be unlocked in the Adventure mode, while the 8-Bit Sword was actually added in the game's first update (although you only unlock it after a certain point of the story). The Master Quest Adventure map also adds more 8 bit weapons, and they're all equivalent to tier three weapons.

StAidan

I like the 8-Bit Sword in concept (haven't unlocked any others), but in practice I found it hard to use because it's so big and reduced my visibility of the action in the game.

Dryk

I spent about 20 minutes chipping away at a level 99 network Fi the other day with my level 45 characters before getting smacked for ~7 hearts and dying when she had 10% left -_-

I'm also at a point where I can't 100% the last few levels on the route to Agitha because they have Agitha items. Lame.

one of the adventure mode battles is forcing me to do Fi vs three Imprisoneds

why

why

why must I go through this
I couldn't get A on that for ages. And I only got Sheik to a high enough level to do her vs 2 Imprisoned battle last night (Once you can take it out in two weak point smashes instead of the second one leaving it with 10% health it's a lot easier).

For reference, I haven't played as Fi at all yet, and mine's level 16.

Yeah, I'm gonna stay faaaarrrr away from for a while, lol. Can only take so much Skyward Sword at once.

Oh, by the way, are they any helpful explanations/guides on Item Cards?

Dryk

What are you doing? Level up that Fi and get her combo badges immediately! She's fantastic!

EDIT: (Never use YYX though. Ever)

There's a loading tip that lists them all, alternatively you can just unlock one of each and read their descriptions.

El Odio

Banned
For reference, I haven't played as Fi at all yet, and mine's level 16.

Yeah, I'm gonna stay faaaarrrr away from for a while, lol. Can only take so much Skyward Sword at once.

Like what they do? Because one of the games hints covers that.

I meant more in terms of replenishing them and utilizing them properly. For example, how am I supposed to use Candle cards? I know they're supposed to be used in bush-covered areas, but there's a lot of those to cover and I can only use one once before it disappears.

What are you doing? Level up that Fi and get her combo badges immediately! She's fantastic!

EDIT: (Never use YYX though. Ever)

but I hate Fi :(

Top Bottom