• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

My strategy for Volga is to mash Y attacks while he guards--usually after 3 or 4 hits, he'll hop up, shove his spear into the ground, and reveal a weak point. If you can get used to recognizing when he's going to do that hop (he'll stop guarding and briefly hoist the spear), you can reliably dodge left or right and bust up his weak point.

His dragon transformation also leaves him open for longer and it's not hard to figure out the spacing on it.

Kinsei

Banned
Nicely done. I keep getting frustrated due to underleveled characters and having to grind to get rupees to level them up. Any tips?

Get all of the regular skulltulas and the first two hard mode skulltulas in legend mode to unlock the True Partners bonus map. Beating it gets you 40k rupees without rupees+. With rupees+ I believe each time you beat it gets you 50k rupees.

georly

Last time I checked (that was a few days ago) I was just over 127 hours. I'll check my playtime the next time I turn on my Wii U.

I've probably put in nearly 100, but i havent even finished the first one. You're much more efficient than me. This is also my first time playing a warriors game for more than an hour.

Meeps

Everyone, I'm actually putting this game down to play Bayonetta 2. I feel guilty.

Same here. If it makes you feel better, the majority of my friends list is people from this thread, and half of them were online playing Bayonetta earlier, haha.

Kinsei

Banned
I've probably put in nearly 100, but i havent even finished the first one. You're much more efficient than me. This is also my first time playing a warriors game for more than an hour.

My total time is 136:53.

I'll definitely be coming back to this when the next DLC pack is released.

StAidan

Same here. If it makes you feel better, the majority of my friends list is people from this thread, and half of them were online playing Bayonetta earlier, haha.

No Bayonetta for me, but now I'm trying to split my time between Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros 3DS, and Fantasy Life.

Sigh... too much to play.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I caved in and started spending rupees leveling up. I feel dirty about it, but the game is challenging enough as it is.

GET IT.
If you are open minded to motion controls

It has its flaws, but it is a very worthwhile experience in general. Top notch combat and dungeons IMO.
Just found out my brother has it, and he has a newborn so it's not like he has any free time. That means free borrowing for me, yay!

Vorpal

Nicely done. I keep getting frustrated due to underleveled characters and having to grind to get rupees to level them up. Any tips?

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I thought I'd quote it with a response since your post was buried on the previous page.

I've been focusing on my low-level characters one at a time--usually whenever I wind up with enough rupees to train them up from around level 15 to 35. (Seems to cost around 350,000?) At 35, I'll use that character to collect any heart pieces or Adventure items until they hit 39-40. I stick to +Bonus/Weapon Drop apothecary potions to increase my odds of grabbing a +EXP weapon along the way. (I also prioritize +damage to weak gauge and +speed for taking camps in the badge market.)

At 40, they're usually capable of soloing the "True Partners" map, so I run them through that until they get to be around level 50. Seems like this stage is your go-to option for straight grinding. At level 50 I tend to go after Lv. 3 weapons instead, and I'll usually wind up with a few more levels in the process of retrying.

There are probably faster methods, but this has been my process. About half of my roster is sitting between level 50-70 as a result. I think the most important thing is to change up whatever you're doing so that it doesn't become super monotonous.

georly

My total time is 136:53.

I'll definitely be coming back to this when the next DLC pack is released.

Just checked mine and i'm at 128 hours, but I also leave it paused while I go eat, etc, so I'm sure it's a bit inflated. Is there something in the game itself that tells me my play time that may be more accurate?

I'm still missing like 5 weapons on normal adventure mode, pretty much 60% of the skulltulas, and TONS of heart pieces. All I did in master quest adventure was get volga's level 3.

You guys are way more efficient/too good at this. How you managed to both in roughly the time that i've spent total (and i'm like 60% of the way there) is impressive to me.

Master Quest complete! I also A ranked the new rewards map. I wish they added 8-bit Cia, Volga, and Wizzro to the congratulations screen.

On the original Adventure Map, how did you A rank that top left one with 1000 KOs in 10 minutes? I beat the stage, but it's the only one on that map that I can't seem to A rank.

JoeM86

Get all of the regular skulltulas and the first two hard mode skulltulas in legend mode to unlock the True Partners bonus map. Beating it gets you 40k rupees without rupees+. With rupees+ I believe each time you beat it gets you 50k rupees.

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I thought I'd quote it with a response since your post was buried on the previous page.

I've been focusing on my low-level characters one at a time--usually whenever I wind up with enough rupees to train them up from around level 15 to 35. (Seems to cost around 350,000?) At 35, I'll use that character to collect any heart pieces or Adventure items until they hit 39-40. I stick to +Bonus/Weapon Drop apothecary potions to increase my odds of grabbing a +EXP weapon along the way. (I also prioritize +damage to weak gauge and +speed for taking camps in the badge market.)

At 40, they're usually capable of soloing the "True Partners" map, so I run them through that until they get to be around level 50. Seems like this stage is your go-to option for straight grinding. At level 50 I tend to go after Lv. 3 weapons instead, and I'll usually wind up with a few more levels in the process of retrying.

There are probably faster methods, but this has been my process. About half of my roster is sitting between level 50-70 as a result. I think the most important thing is to change up whatever you're doing so that it doesn't become super monotonous.

Thanks. Will keep at it. Though Bayonetta has now distracted me a little. I will 100% this game eventually. The DLC just adds so much content. It's ridiculous.

Going to go focus on Darunia now! I recently levelled Ruto up and have grown to like her.

My total time is 134:26

Once you get used to the flow, and learning how to use the characters, it's just learning the "gimmick" of the stage to A rank it.

i think some people try to get the skultula, heart pieces, and A rank in one run, then something happens, and the run goes sour and fails due to base capture or a character flees. I found it faster, to concentrate on the A rank first. Then blitz the heart containers, and skultulas after, since you don't have to worry bout A ranking it and getting enough kills or getting hit ( unless going for the 2nd skultula, then you just don't have worry about time too much)

On the original Adventure Map, how did you A rank that top left one with 1000 KOs in 10 minutes? I beat the stage, but it's the only one on that map that I can't seem to A rank.

i was able to do it pretty easy with midna using C3 (weak,weak, strong string). or the C5 string. When using the C3 string, you don't have to do the full string, just stop or dash cancel before she throws the last hit. it gathers up enemies pretty good.

Other tips is going into the empty keeps and hope for a bomb power up, even better if you have bomb + on your weapon. (This is how i cleared it with agitha)

Or i have heard the great fairy weapon can demolish this stage, since the combo enders leave you invicible all while clearing the area out pretty efficiently.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Also Ruto can do tidal waves that rack up kills over wide areas and keep captains from being interrupting assholes. Her weakness break move also sucks in surrounding enemies, and her musou sucks in anyone surrounding her. Volga can do his dragon dive for large explosions on crowds. Both of them usually need to start their combos "in the clear" on the fringe of the group to do it safely.

Remember reinforcements come, so always be watching for new hordes rather than worrying too much about captains and monsters, though I know Manhandlas can be a bitch.

i was able to do it pretty easy with midna using C3 (weak,weak, strong string). or the C5 string. When using the C3 string, you don't have to do the full string, just stop or dash cancel before she throws the last hit. it gathers up enemies pretty good.

That worked like a charm! Thanks!

And now, on to Bayonetta!

I'll be back for those other Adventure Maps at some point.

Lazaro

If you leave the opening title screen (the "Press Any Button" screen) alone for awhile it will change to a different backdrop featuring a waterfall with a matching NES remix of the original title theme. This is reminiscent of the title screen of the first Zelda game. You guys probably knew this anyway :p

Anyway add me if you like, I have no Wii U friends so it would be nice to acquire better rewards together.

My NNID is: Dr.Lazae

fred

Everyone, I'm actually putting this game down to play Bayonetta 2. I feel guilty.

Yup, me too...although my guilt won't start until Tuesday cos my Mum is getting it for me on my birthday. Have put around 60 hours into this game so far and can see my total time increasing into the hundreds in the future.

Neo Dark

Any tips for the last part of challenge mode where you have to "weaken" Wizzro and Volga. Whatever I try to do, it always seems like they'll advance before I can bring down all the captains.

currently back on my WiiU thanks to Bayo was stuck on PS4 all September missing out on this launch, went on the eShop today and again tempted to buy this game

I wanted to wait until some slow month next year when all DLC for this is out or wait for a good sale on eShop but DDP is about to end :|

I want to have Midna's true form confirmed too

still kinda hate not playing this game, I know if I start I'll be drowned in wanting 100% everything

When is the next DLC?

llehuty

When is the next DLC?

Next month. Depends on where you live [list below]. We should be getting more info soon.

Re Edit: List of DLCs coming in the next months (taken from the awesome OT)

Twilight Princess
November (EU/JP), December (NA)
- 1 new character
- 1 new weapon
- Adventure Map
- 2 Costumes

Majora's Mask
January (EU/JP), February (NA)
- 2 new characters
- Adventure Map
- 3 new costumes

Ganon Pack
February (EU/JP), March (NA)
- 2 New Game Modes

2 more adventure maps? RIP my life.

StAidan

Aye, all that DLC is crazy. If I'm lucky, I might be finishing up Hyrule Warriors by this time next year. I'm not even 50% complete (going by A-ranks and treasures collected) on the first Adventure map yet.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope future adventure maps have different styles. Would love to see something in the style of links awakening.

NeonZ

I hope future adventure maps have different styles. Would love to see something in the style of links awakening.

I hope they're basically NES style versions of Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask overworlds. It shouldn't be too hard to do some rough approximations. And isn't the Skulltula rewards map original already?

CBTech

Not even Bayonetta could keep me away from this game. Played a few levels of Bayonetta 2 then spent the rest of the day going through the Master Quest map.

Dryk

So I'm trying to get the Level 3 spear and something's bugging me. How do the Manhandla stalk seed bombs actually work? There's a yellow flash on the ground, which doesn't indicate where it will land. I'm often blown up without warning and I seem to get hit less while walking instead of running.

Also considering you're expected to fight multiple Dinolfos and a hero at once, the frame-rate on this level is fucking abysmal

Next month. Depends on where you live [list below]. We should be getting more info soon.

Re Edit: List of DLCs coming in the next months (taken from the awesome OT)

2 more adventure maps? RIP my life.

That TP character was the only chance for Midna's true form?

I guess I'll wait until Feb-March to play this

Neo Dark

I haven't done much network links. Only did like 3 so far. Anyways, when you do a network link, the tile changes to some other objective and some other mission for you to do?

JoeM86

Starting to make progress with Darunia and Zant now I got them up to Level 50. Means that some of the levels that I had blocked are easy now. Huzzah. Got their Level 2 weapons, just need to get star versions.

Neo Dark

Yup, normally it is just a standard map.

Ahh I figured. Just didn't pay enough attention.

In other news... Just did the women's weapon quiz on the master quest map.
Suggested Weapon: Baton... but I suck at it so let's try rapier.
*gets to second room* WTF is Wizzro doing here? He's not a woman. GTFO WIZZRO! THIS IS NOT WORKING DAMMIT!

*grabs baton* Oh.. first two rooms, Lana is weak against Baton. That makes sense. *gets to third room* WTF IS LANA DOING HERE? I'm probably going to kill her before Midna... Yup I did... Lana... can you stop running into Midna's weak point attacks please?

Anyways.. any advice on A ranking it? Suggested level for Zelda would also be nice.

*gets to second room* WTF is Wizzro doing here? He's not a woman. GTFO WIZZRO! THIS IS NOT WORKING DAMMIT!

*grabs baton* Oh.. first two rooms, Lana is weak against Baton. That makes sense. *gets to third room* WTF IS LANA DOING HERE? I'm probably going to kill her before Midna... Yup I did... Lana... can you stop running into Midna's weak point attacks please?

Anyways.. any advice on A ranking it? Suggested level for Zelda would also be nice.

Apart from Wizzaro who can't be stunned, I find the boomerang is good for seperating the pairs so you can focus on the one you're supposed to maim :3

CBTech

Maybe Wizzro is a girl. ;)

If I had to guess why videos do that is to show off the combat a bit.
I know people really do not play it like that.
Also, I think he meant "junk food" as in you will enjoy it plenty at the start, but you may get sick of it quickly. Much like chocolate IMO. Some people disagree and never got tired of the combat. Mostly it came out way too late for me to buy it at full price (early September was most ideal time).
All this metaphorical food talk is making me hungry... for what it's worth I NEVER tire of chocolate. How could anyone say such a thing.

HW on the other hand...perhaps.

I preordered the DLC and completed the scenarios but haven't touched the MQ map much because it's really sadistic and I already have enough trouble completing the main one.

Are there any really good walkthroughs yet for this explaining where to use item cards, step by steps for A rank battle reward missions, optimal combos and abusable counters for generals?

bobohoro

Run around and wait for your opportunities, time constraints aren't a problem with quizzes. And if you off Lana in the process of attacking Midna, you should have enough attack power already. Genreally, around level 50 should do for everything the original adventure map throws at you. I am only halfway through Master Quest, but until now that still holds true.

Neo Dark

Run around and wait for your opportunities, time constraints aren't a problem with quizzes. And if you off Lana in the process of attacking Midna, you should have enough attack power already. Genreally, around level 50 should do for everything the original adventure map throws at you. I am only halfway through Master Quest, but until now that still holds true.

I think you mean kill counts? Time constraints should still be there for quizzes as in if you take too long, your rank still goes down.

zulux21

I hate the translations for the "quiz" rooms in general...
Defeat the character with a spear.
THAT IS NOT A QUESTION!

it should be laid out that you must defeat the answer to the question and then merely ask, which character uses a spear? -_-

Amani

Still haven't beaten Adventure Mode yet, so close though. But...haven't beaten Bayo 1 yet. Sigh, goodbye HW, see ya next month.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I hate the translations for the "quiz" rooms in general...
Defeat the character with a spear.
THAT IS NOT A QUESTION!

it should be laid out that you must defeat the answer to the question and then merely ask, which character uses a spear? -_-
Who attacked the Deku Tree though?

Top Bottom