• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

llehuty

Yup. My bad. And ugh cuccos are so badly implemented in this game. The idea was cute on paper until you realized that it took you a single screw up and a whole army will come after you where as the enemy can hit it 20-30 times and it'll just brush it off even though it's being turned into KFC

Yeah, they following you constantly is a pain in the ass. Makes you rethink what combos to use and everything. I like the concept of not damging them, but they are just asking for it.

Dizzy-4U

Yeah, as expected, going back to this after Bayo is screwing me up badly. I kept trying to run/dodge and ended up bombing the entire stage.

AaronB

I decided to set a person goal of unlocking the Master Sword skill by the time Smash comes out. I've put a ton of time into this game, but there's still a whole lot of content to go - about two rows of Adventure Mode levels, including the notorious Darunia's third weapon level. How people accomplished that in about a week after launch I have no idea.

That's still not 100%'ing the game, or even just the base game - I haven't touched hero difficulty yet. Smash also looks to be content-loaded, so these two will likely be the main games I'm playing from October until well into next year. For games that aren't grindy rpgs or entirely focused on online multiplayer, that's pretty wild.

I decided to set a person goal of unlocking the Master Sword skill by the time Smash comes out. I've put a ton of time into this game, but there's still a whole lot of content to go - about two rows of Adventure Mode levels, including the notorious Darunia's third weapon level. How people accomplished that in about a week after launch I have no idea.

That's still not 100%'ing the game, or even just the base game - I haven't touched hero difficulty yet. Smash also looks to be content-loaded, so these two will likely be the main games I'm playing from October until well into next year. For games that aren't grindy rpgs or entirely focused on online multiplayer, that's pretty wild.

dont forget bayonetta

Shit guys I bought this even after not liking the store demo I played and... it's awesome. I dunno if it was the store setting or just not actually getting to give it a thorough shake, but this is super fun. Sucks that I had to work three days straight right after I got it but I get to go home in a few hours and have the next four days off.

I know what I'll be doin'

I've nearly finished the first Adventure map. I'm so proud of myself. I won't be going for gold on every single stage unless it has a reward but there's only a couple more level 3 weapons and heart pieces to get and then it's on to Master Quest.

The Twilight Princess pack is out this month in Europe so we should be expecting an announcement soon on what's included. A lot of people would think the new character would be True Midna but wouldn't that be better qualify as a weapon/moveset for Midna instead? Not quite sure who else could be used. For the Majora pack perhaps we'll see Skull Kid and Tingle, but if we get all these characters it kinda leaves no room for surprise reveals in any sort of sequel.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I've nearly finished the first Adventure map. I'm so proud of myself. I won't be going for gold on every single stage unless it has a reward but there's only a couple more level 3 weapons and heart pieces to get and then it's on to Master Quest.

The Twilight Princess pack is out this month in Europe so we should be expecting an announcement soon on what's included. A lot of people would think the new character would be True Midna but wouldn't that be better qualify as a weapon/moveset for Midna instead? Not quite sure who else could be used. For the Majora pack perhaps we'll see Skull Kid and Tingle, but if we get all these characters it kinda leaves no room for surprise reveals in any sort of sequel.

Midna is already a character. The true Midna form would be a new weapon.

NeonZ

A lot of people would think the new character would be True Midna but wouldn't that be better qualify as a weapon/moveset for Midna instead? Not quite sure who else could be used.

Actually, many people think that True Midna will be a weapon because Midna had a second weapon slot back during E3.

For the Majora pack perhaps we'll see Skull Kid and Tingle, but if we get all these characters it kinda leaves no room for surprise reveals in any sort of sequel.

Except you know... all other Zelda games? They took an easy way out here, by only tackling 3d games with similar art styles. It's also pretty understandable considering how their sales expectations seemed rather low. However, there's a lot more they could do in a sequel that didn't limit itself to those three (four with DLC) games as far as playable characters go.

Perhaps True Midna could just be a new weapon if she is the dlc but the way it's worded on the eshop makes it seem like we're getting an all new characters. Plus there's 3 spaces under Volga, Cia and Wizzro on the menus.

There's still a lot of characters from the series who could be implemented. I wanted to see some of the Toon characters adapted into a realistic style like Medli or Linebeck. Having Tingle or Skull Kid appear would definitely make a lot of the Majora fans happy.

TDLink

Perhaps True Midna could just be a new weapon if she is the dlc but the way it's worded on the eshop makes it seem like we're getting an all new characters. Plus there's 3 spaces under Volga, Cia and Wizzro on the menus.

There's still a lot of characters from the series who could be implemented. I wanted to see some of the Toon characters adapted into a realistic style like Medli or Linebeck. Having Tingle or Skull Kid appear would definitely make a lot of the Majora fans happy.

The TP pack is going to have 1 new character and 1 new weapon. True Midna could be the weapon and we would still get another character.

Golnei

For the Majora pack, even though we're very likely to get Tingle, I'd rather they saved him for the sequel and had two characters more specific to MM. As improbable as they are, alongside the Skull Kid, it'd be nice to see someone unexpected like the Happy Mask Salesman, Deku Butler, Mikau, Igos du Ikana, Romani or Kafei. Or Cremia.

tumblr_ndz1rs0dm01qcdj9vo1_1280.jpg

I wonder if the DLC we know about is all that's planned? I'm kind of hoping that the success it's been having in the west means we'll either get even more awesome DLC or at least causes them to push forward plans for a sequel XD

Either way, a better moveset for Agitha would be appreciated, whether it's a new weapon via DLC or her just appearing in a sequel :p

It's odd but when they announced Midna for Hyrule Warriors initially I was all "MAINED!" but now I've got my hands on the game I tend to gravitate towards Lana's summoning portal, Zelda's baton, Sheik and Cia :eek:
Midna's good but I think her new voice irks me a lil, plus I would like a moveset with less wolves involved :p

edit:
For the Majora pack, even though we're very likely to get Tingle, I'd rather they saved him for the sequel and had two characters more specific to MM. As improbable as they are, alongside the Skull Kid, it'd be nice to see someone unexpected like the Happy Mask Salesman, Deku Butler, Mikau, Igos du Ikana, Romani or Kafei. Or Cremia.

~awesome picture~
I'd love to play as Cremia, especially if she bombarded people with jars of milk and jabbed people with farming utensils. Throwing a cow could be her super attack XD

llehuty

It's odd but when they announced Midna for Hyrule Warriors initially I was all "MAINED!" but now I've got my hands on the game I tend to gravitate towards Lana's summoning portal, Zelda's baton, Sheik and Cia :eek:
Midna's good but I think her new voice irks me a lil, plus I would like a moveset with less wolves involved :p

What?

Golnei

Either way, a better moveset for Agitha would be appreciated, whether it's a new weapon via DLC or her just appearing in a sequel :p

The sub-optimal movesets some of the cast have been saddled with is the reason why I really want to see unlockable weapon swaps on one of the DLC adventure maps. Barring a sequel; it's the only way to make characters like Agitha, and to a lesser extent Ghirahim, Midna and Ruto, anything other than a chore to use.

And in regards to Midna's voice, I'm fairly sure it's the same actress, but with an inferior set of filters and effects. I wonder if it's still scrambled English...

No, I know, I'm just surprised comeone can like that weapon. So slowwwwww and plenty of vulnerable combos that can only be used in very specific situations. Not a fan.
Wait, people combo with the baton? :p
I don't really go above C2 (which is a decent quick hit that launches whatever's in front of you plus it hits anything around you as it fires off)
Most of the time I fish with C1 to get glowies (fire it out, look for glowies, dash cancel if none)
Her C1 doesn't leave her all that vulnerable as it can be dash-cancelled at any time you like and if you can press strong again when you have a level 1 or 2 whirlwind it does surprisingly decent AoE damage as it pops :3

It's not the best weapon in the game but I like the artillery feeling of it as I carve out a keep from outside or juggle a group of captains from the other side of the room :p

CBTech

The sub-optimal movesets some of the cast have been saddled with is the reason why I really want to see unlockable weapon swaps on one of the DLC adventure maps. Barring a sequel; it's the only way to make characters like Agitha, and to a lesser extent Ghirahim, Midna and Ruto, anything other than a chore to use.

And in regards to Midna's voice, I'm fairly sure it's the same actress, but with an inferior set of filters and effects. I wonder if it's still scrambled English...

Whaaat? I think Midna is one of the best characters. Her combos hit a lot of enemies and don't leave her too vulnerable and her YYX wrecks non-boss weak points. The only real bad thing about her is when fighting poes as her normal attacks tend to go too far hitting the slow fireballs. That and I haven't found a good combo to use for giant bosses.

bobohoro

Huh? Midna is one of the best characters in the game, one can argue even the best. Her C3 is crazy and C4 as well as C5 are pretty good as well.

Ruto is also nowhere near Agitha. Great crowd control and her fully charged C1 is safe and powerful.

Ghirahim I kinda understand, even though personally I like his moveset and do pretty well with him. He is good against officers and his C5 works well in the middle of crowds, but he tends to dance a bit too much to not get hit some times.

Overall, everyone is pretty viable, Zelda (Baton more than Rapier), Agitha, Deku Spear Lana and to some extend Zant need a bit more effort to do really well.

I wonder if December will have some free DLC, it's the only month not to feature in the season pass, and the last wii u Warriors game got free christmas dlc

I wonder if December will have some free DLC, it's the only month not to feature in the season pass, and the last wii u Warriors game got free christmas dlc

Give Link a beard and a christmas outfit. Should be easy enough; he already has the hat, just gotta add a little white puff to the end of it.

Got this game on Friday and I've been playing it a lot.

It's my first Warriors game and it is freaking addicting. Having a blast so far!

Do you go straight towards the mission goals during Legend mode (dunno the name in the English version) or do you try do secure every keep on the map?

Got this game on Friday and I've been playing it a lot.

It's my first Warriors game and it is freaking addicting. Having a blast so far!

Do you go straight towards the mission goals during Legend mode (dunno the name in the English version) or do you try do secure every keep on the map?

It's really down to your own judgement :3
Some missions need attention ASAP, some can wait. Whenever I get the time in legends, I'll go capture some keeps to see if I can find any heart containers and hopefully make things easier later, but in mission mode I tend to only bother with keeps that spawn buffed monsters or the like because time is always ticking :p

NeonZ

Usually, I'd only go for all Keeps if there's a heart piece for your character listed in the stage otherwise, there's no reason to bother (I think all keeps with new weapons in Legend mode are part of obligatory objectives?). In Legend mode, the heart piece is always in keeps, while the full heart is hidden either under rocks or in places that can only be accessed with items. On the other hand, conquering keeps does help keeping your allies alive for longer in some missions.

In Adventure mode though, you'll pretty much need to go in keep conquering sprees either to gather KOs or find hearts.

Any tips on getting Agitha's heart piece in the A-1 mission? Thankfully it's not A rank required but it seems like Koei was having a laugh when they assigned it to Agitha. She's fun but she isn't fast enough to kill 1000 enemies and avoid 4 Imprisoned. I was spamming C5, the beetle into the butterfly but wasnt doing it fast enough. I hate these missions...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

tumblr_ndz1rs0dm01qcdj9vo1_1280.jpg
For some reason im craving milk

daripad

I've played this game this weekend and it has been a blast. I love the music + beating 1000 tropes, it is way to fun to relax. The characters I've tried so far have been great, specially Impa, I really see myself playing this game for hours. I can't wait to play more next weekend.

Neo Dark

I've played this game this weekend and it has been a blast. I love the music + beating 1000 tropes, it is way to fun to relax. The characters I've tried so far have been great, specially Impa, I really see myself playing this game for hours. I can't wait to play more next weekend.

Great to here! Especially since I threw you off at the beginning and told you to go into the wrong mode first lol. Hope you're getting the hang of it.

So... still not really seeing the appeal of Volga. Not sure was it the missions I tried him on or that he's a bit underleveled to be doing Master Quest missions (since he's only like level 38 or something) or something else but just don't really like playing with him. But, I finally mustered it through and reached Cia's level 3 weapon and unlocked it. A bit of shame I pressed A on the message saying I unlocked it then realized that I probably should have screenshotted it for memories. Ended up screenshotting this instead
e3qq4isckh8on4x6g.jpg

Cia's can be so cute at times (link due to spoilers) https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2fe8/9yfd32iw90ys15d6g.jpg

Guessing we aren't getting her master level weapon until the set of DLC?

Neo Dark

I hope one is this week and one is next week, because the two weeks after that Smash Bros WiiU comes out in NA and then Europe

Imagine if the DLC for MK8 and Hyrule Warriors came out the same day as Smash Bros for each region. Choose your allegiance..

CBTech

Imagine if the DLC for MK8 and Hyrule Warriors came out the same day as Smash Bros for each region. Choose your allegiance..

Hyrule Warriors. I didn't pick up Smash for 3ds for this game I can pass on the WiiU version for it as well.

Also for volga I find the best way to use him is using C5 to clear keeps and mobs, use C2 against commanders, and C3 against giant bosses. His C4 also works well against mobs.

TDLink

Doing this instead of spacing the releases out is so stupid that it is exactly what I see happening. Nintendo has a tendency to pick one day in a month and release everything that day. Heck, ORAS is coming same day as Smash already. Hopefully the DLC for this game and MK are earlier but somehow I see it all happening at the same time.

Kinsei

Banned
Is this for America, Europe or Japan?

I thought NA wasnt getting it til December.

I'm almost certain that the dates on the NA eshop description of the season pass are wrong. It would make no sense to delay the DLC in one territory while everywhere else gets it on the same day.

I'm almost certain that the dates on the NA eshop description of the season pass are wrong. It would make no sense to delay the DLC in one territory while everywhere else gets it on the same day.

Makes sense, considering the elections tommorrow may be pretty depressing,I need this to be true.

Just got the master quest pack and dark link, its great.

NeonZ

They're not just going to release the DLC before even announcing its content.

The first DLC pack actually was released in Japan in the same day that it got its content detailed officially (although only for people who had bought the Hero pack with all four packs), so, it wouldn't be that out there. It sounds like this is just a mistake though, considering the lack of news.

The first DLC pack actually was released in Japan in the same day that it got its content detailed officially (although only for people who had bought the Hero pack with all four packs), so, it wouldn't be that out there. It sounds like this is just a mistake though, considering the lack of news.

You mean the Master Quest pack? We knew everything except for the 8-bit weapons and the costumes before it was released in Japan.

NeonZ

You mean the Master Quest pack? We knew everything except for the 8-bit weapons and the costumes before it was released in Japan.

We got Epona teased beforehand by Aonuma, but that's it. The information from Koei itself only came in the same day they got the 1.3 update, which also had the Master Quest pack for people with the Hero pack in Japan. That was before the official release date of the Master Quest pack even there though.

The uncertainty is killing me! I want to know what's going on with this 'available now' but aside from the change on the site, koei doesn't seem to have said a thing XD

Also, tangeant: I read the metro review on the op, curious about the 4/10 and I feel like I lost a few IQ points reading it :/
On the upside the comments section seems to mostly be people pointing out the review was flawed from the get-go.

We got Epona teased beforehand by Aonuma, but that's it. The information from Koei itself only came in the same day they got the 1.3 update, which also had the Master Quest pack for people with the Hero pack in Japan. That was before the official release date of the Master Quest pack even there though.

I suppose that's true, but the Master's Quest didn't have much particular outside of Epona. Twilight Princess has both a new weapon and a new character. I'd imagine them showing these before releasing the DLC.

Top Bottom