• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

NeonZ

I meant more in terms of replenishing them and utilizing them properly. For example, how am I supposed to use Candle cards? I know they're supposed to be used in bush-covered areas, but there's a lot of those to cover and I can only use one once before it disappears.

Use a compass or go look for a guide - even one of the first Zelda works. In the first map, at least, Hyrule Warriors' additions are always very obvious, like blue butterflies for the harp and fire rings for ice arrows.

And placing Fi in the antagonistic role instead of Ghirahim may have even forced the writers to give her some personality.

lmao

I think their selected roles were fine, but boy was fi a terrible character or what

Use a compass or go look for a guide - even one of the first Zelda works. In the first map, at least, Hyrule Warriors' additions are always very obvious, like blue butterflies for the harp and fire rings for ice arrows.

Thank you.

Wait, can you uncover the hidden stuff without using a compass?

I think that was how I first tried to get through stuff, but it didn't work so I've been using compasses on everything . . .

Neo Dark

Also for item cards, using them doesn't save. If you only have one compass and won't be getting another one, you can just use it and then close out of the software using the home button and reopen it. Just make sure you don't exit the adventure map or it'll save. Also great if you're not quite sure which item to use. Just spam all of them and then whichever works, remember it and only use that one after you restart

Wait, can you uncover the hidden stuff without using a compass?

I think that was how I first tried to get through stuff, but it didn't work so I've been using compasses on everything . . .

Yeah you can just use the item on the spot if you know which spot it is. This is especially so if it's a really easy spot like butterflies and soft ground. Other times... you can consult an online guide but most of them only have details on the item use for character unlocks

Makonero

On the adventure square for (I think) Lana's level three weapon, there are two docks, one out in the middle of the water that sparkles after using the compass. Is that the ladder or a raft? If it isn't the ladder, when do you use that?

Camjo-Z

On the adventure square for (I think) Lana's level three weapon, there are two docks, one out in the middle of the water that sparkles after using the compass. Is that the ladder or a raft? If it isn't the ladder, when do you use that?

It's the ladder.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Man...Skyward Sword would have been sooooooo much better with Ghirahim as your companion instead of Fi.

And placing Fi in the antagonistic role instead of Ghirahim may have even forced the writers to give her some personality.

At least he has dance skills
tumblr_lvz59hQuQp1r2376p.gif

I meant more in terms of replenishing them and utilizing them properly. For example, how am I supposed to use Candle cards? I know they're supposed to be used in bush-covered areas, but there's a lot of those to cover and I can only use one once before it disappears.

The Japanese site is great. Don't have the link right now, thread search it.

cajunator

Banned
I just picked this game up yesterday and Im about to try it out. I have no idea what Im doing. Never played Dynasty Warriors before.

Makonero

I just picked this game up yesterday and Im about to try it out. I have no idea what Im doing. Never played Dynasty Warriors before.

It's a pretty easy learning curve. Don't try to kill everyone; follow the instructions and learn to take keeps. I did everything on hard my first time because I wanted a challenge; I recommend this as it makes the game more strategic. Also, check out the different modes! Adventure mode is pretty fun all by itself.

Neo Dark

Good choice. Just follow the on screen help prompts and in about 5 dungeons into adventure mode and things should start clicking. Come back with questions though and enjoy ^^

Neo Dark

Well it's only showing the first line of Amiibos there, Zelda's in the second line. She might still be compatible, like Luigi is in the second line but likely compatible with Mario Kart.

That's just the first batch they're showing there. Zelda's in the second batch :)

might still happen since Link should work for MK8 soon too

Oh true. Forgot about the batch separation. Weird how they chose the first batch though.

cajunator

Banned
It's a pretty easy learning curve. Don't try to kill everyone; follow the instructions and learn to take keeps. I did everything on hard my first time because I wanted a challenge; I recommend this as it makes the game more strategic. Also, check out the different modes! Adventure mode is pretty fun all by itself.

I finally beat the first level. Fighting the Dodongo was pretty epic. I like the game.

NeonZ

I've finally gotten Gold in the Boss Rush stage, without co-op. It's really satisfying to achieve that after so many tries. I was kind of lucky though because Dodongo for some reason got stuck fighting Zelda, leaving me free to forget about him until everything else was finished.

Sakura

Picked the game up yesterday. Just started playing today. Not sure how far I am in, but it can't be that long of a game based on other Musou games. Lana is cute. I thought about getting the DLC but the first pack doesn't really have anything that interests me. The Majora's Mask pack though I would be interested in...

One thing I'm not liking is the lack of voice acting. I know it's Zelda and characters don't talk and all that, but I don't think it works well for this kind of game. I often miss messages because I'm fighting and there is just text going on without me noticing or having time to read it. It's fine to keep Link silent (he doesn't talk in text anyway) but I wish the other characters would talk.

Picked the game up yesterday. Just started playing today. Not sure how far I am in, but it can't be that long of a game based on other Musou games. Lana is cute. I thought about getting the DLC but the first pack doesn't really have anything that interests me. The Majora's Mask pack though I would be interested in...

One thing I'm not liking is the lack of voice acting. I know it's Zelda and characters don't talk and all that, but I don't think it works well for this kind of game. I often miss messages because I'm fighting and there is just text going on without me noticing or having time to read it. It's fine to keep Link silent (he doesn't talk in text anyway) but I wish the other characters would talk.

Legends mode is long enough, but Adventure mode is where you'll get 40-100 more hours.

You can read all messages from the pause menu. All of them are saved there for the duration of the level.

Legends mode is long enough, but Adventure mode is where you'll get 40-100 more hours.

You can read all messages from the pause menu. All of them are saved there for the duration of the level.

Yeah, the adventure maps are the real 'meat' of the content, so the master quest DLC adds a lot more than you might expect considering it adds an entire, full-sized, extra adventure map :3

NeonZ

Master Quest does recycle some Adventure battles just changing the required character and adding a special condition though, but it also has quite a few new battle types. No new areas though.

bumpkin

Beat Legends mode last night for the first time. The last couple of chapters are pretty intense. I'm not too proud to admit I ended up looking up hints/tips for beating the last boss though; was getting my ass handed to me pretty hard. It's my own fault for simply not being willing to utilize secondary weapons freely, but they make them such a damn pain to switch/cycle in the heat of battle. They really should have provided some way to give a primary and secondary equip (to buttons) like we have in the mainline Zelda games.

NeonZ

If you're playing alone, you can use the touchscreen to switch weapons. It's somewhat troublesome in co-op though, since you can't move and switch weapons at the same time.

Beat Legends mode last night for the first time. The last couple of chapters are pretty intense.

I felt the same way. I was feeling pretty proud that I managed to beat it on my first try, until I looked at the chapter select screen and discovered that I somehow switched the difficulty from Hard to Easy for the last map only without realizing it. :/

CBTech

If you're playing alone, you can use the touchscreen to switch weapons. It's somewhat troublesome in co-op though, since you can't move and switch weapons at the same time.

I use my right hand and reach across to the d-pad. Isn't too inconvenient while still moving. Still wish there was a better way. Hell, even a pause menu selection would be fine.

Neo Dark

Just had to use Volga for the defeat all enemy mission on master quest. Man I hate him. Why the heck are you taking so much damage when you're wearing armor? Plus I hate any maps with an imprisoned with two mini imprisoned. The camera is just horrible in those small rooms

NeonZ

Just had to use Volga for the defeat all enemy mission on master quest. Man I hate him. Why the heck are you taking so much damage when you're wearing armor? Plus I hate any maps with an imprisoned with two mini imprisoned. The camera is just horrible in those small rooms

What? Volga is easily one of, if not the best, character in the game. He has tools for everything and can break officer's defense like it's nothing.

Anyway, considering how that's Master Quest, the stage certainly has elemental affinities, so you can just buy more defense badges for him.

TEJ

Bought hyrule warriors today, thought i'd only enjoy it for the zelda references.......but the game is actually a lot of fun....the music is great too. Not the most visually stunning game but it does feel very polished,

so, longtime musou fans, what is the best PS3 musou available in america? I'm thinking about buying another one

and i'd totally buy an avengers/star wars musou

Bought hyrule warriors today, thought i'd only enjoy it for the zelda references.......but the game is actually a lot of fun....the music is great too. Not the most visually stunning game but it does feel very polished,

so, longtime musou fans, what is the best PS3 musou available in america? I'm thinking about buying another one

and i'd totally buy an avengers/star wars musou

If you have any interest in One Piece, Pirate Warriors 2 is available on PS3 and it's goooooood. OP:pW2 and HW are my favourite musou; they both have their strengths and weaknesses. PW2 has the best characters of any mosou. Movesets are incredible.

TEJ

If you have any interest in One Piece, Pirate Warriors 2 is available on PS3 and it's goooooood. OP:pW2 and HW are my favourite musou; they both have their strengths and weaknesses. PW2 has the best characters of any mosou. Movesets are incredible.

I don't know much about one piece other than it's about pirates, but that sounds interesting.

The only gundam show I watched was G gundam, is DW gundam good for me?

and what about regular musou?

NZerker12

Likewise, PW2 is my favourite musou with this game as a close second. Even if your not a fan of One Piece, the game is worth it just for the combat alone.

NZerker12

I don't know much about one piece other than it's about pirates, but that sounds interesting.

For regular musou I recommend Warriors Orochi 3 very fun game which allows you to take control of 3 different characters, allowing you to claim together moves. If you don't mind digital, Samurai Warriors 4 is another I highly recommend.

I recommend asking this question in the official Musou-thread, or in one of the "recommend me a musou"-threads that have been around recently. Some people on GAF have played every single one; you'll get good feedback there.

Likewise, PW2 is my favourite musou with this game as a close second. Even if your not a fan of One Piece, the game is worth it just for the combat alone.

My man.

TEJ

I recommend asking this question in the official Musou-thread, or in one of the "recommend me a musou"-threads that have been around recently. Some people on GAF have played every single one; you'll get good feedback there.

will do so when my backlog is clear, so most likely january.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Gundam Musou 3, Warriors Orochi(go with 3 Ultimate), can't speak about SW4 but I plan on getting that too.

And of course this game if you don't have it.

daripad

Guys guys guys, I'll start playing when this game is dome updating. Any advice before I start?

Tbh this is my first musou game D:

Neo Dark

What? Volga is easily one of, if not the best, character in the game. He has tools for everything and can break officer's defense like it's nothing.

Anyway, considering how that's Master Quest, the stage certainly has elemental affinities, so you can just buy more defense badges for him.

Don't know if it was the mission or what but he was just really off-putting especially on the second keep where it took a long time to kill things even though constantly hitting weak points

Guys guys guys, I'll start playing when this game is dome updating. Any advice before I start?

Go into it with adventure mode. Follow the prompts and before you know it, you'll be a pro in no time

Neo Dark

No problem. If things get confusing or if things don't click, come back and then we'll give advice from there. Jumping into and just going through the first three dungeons definitely is the best way to start though.

Edit: you know.. I just realized I told you to jump into adventure mode. Meant to say legend mode (the story mode). Got the names backwards. My bad

daripad

No problem. If things get confusing or if things don't click, come back and then we'll give advice from there. Jumping into and just going through the first three dungeons definitely is the best way to start though.

Edit: you know.. I just realized I told you to jump into adventure mode. Meant to say legend mode (the story mode). Got the names backwards. My bad

Oh crap I already got there lol Gonna go back to the legend mode then :) The game is confusing but I guess I'll learn it with time.

Thread search, some users have given away very good advice to newcomers.

Go into it with adventure mode. Follow the prompts and before you know it, you'll be a pro in no time

Haha, I was like "what is he talking about, why is he recommending adventure mode first"?

Definitely play through all of it legends mode and then do adventure.

Neo Dark

Thread search, some users have given away very good advice to newcomers.

Haha, I was like "what is he talking about, why is he recommending adventure mode first"?

Definitely play through all of it legends mode and then do adventure.

Yup. My bad. And ugh cuccos are so badly implemented in this game. The idea was cute on paper until you realized that it took you a single screw up and a whole army will come after you where as the enemy can hit it 20-30 times and it'll just brush it off even though it's being turned into KFC

Shun

Oh man Summoning Gate is now my favorite weapon of all time. Holy shit, so much area of effect and the sound effects and everything are just to good.

It's sorta slow but it doesn't matter this thing is amazing.

Top Bottom