• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Fandangox

They will probably announce it beforehand on famitsu, although I don't know how KOEI deals with advertising their DLC for already released musou games.

Dizzy-4U

Why is Lana's level 3 book mission so easy and her level 2 summoning gate so hard? It doesn't make any sense.

I failed that mission 5 times already. Damn Cia can't hold the keep even if her life depend on it. I need to farm better weapons :/

CBTech

Why is Lana's level 3 book mission so easy and her level 2 summoning gate so hard? It doesn't make any sense.

I failed that mission 5 times already. Damn Cia can't hold the keep even if her life depend on it. I need to farm better weapons :/

Here's how I did it.

Spam Argorak throughout.
1. Take out the Rogue captain.
2. Go get the fairy from the north keep (you can swing by your base on the way there and do a little damage to the enemies).
3. Take out the Enemy captain.
This triggers the Rogue commander to head towards your base.
4. Defend your base and defeat the Rogue commander when he gets here.
This triggers Cia heading towards the Enemy Base.
5. Remove the barrier of fire and beat the Enemy Commander (go around and rack up kills if you are somehow below 1200)

Dizzy-4U

Here's how I did it.

Spam Argorak throughout.
1. Take out the Rogue captain.
2. Go get the fairy from the north keep (you can swing by your base on the way there and do a little damage to the enemies).
3. Take out the Enemy captain.
This triggers the Rogue commander to head towards your base.
4. Defend your base and defeat the Rogue commander when he gets here.
This triggers Cia heading towards the Enemy Base.
5. Remove the barrier of fire and beat the Enemy Commander (go around and rack up kills if you are somehow below 1200)
In the last few runs I was pretty much doing that. I was able to finish the mission but got a B in time (16:40 I think). That's why I think I need to farm better weapons, so I can kill those rogue commanders faster.

I'll give it a shot again tonight.

SoldnerKei

I know right?! finished the mission at 14:58 thou, close call

pretty much like Killrion said, thou I did some extra stuff and didn't catch the second skulltula thou, so I have to play that map again, at least I can relax now since I don't need rank A anymore

so I can kill those rogue commanders faster.

I use Lana's YYY>XX>X combo to deal the most damage also I leave the magic buff for the commanders, landing a critical hit in magic mode eated almost like 1/3 of the stalfos health

D-Pad

So is the TP DLC available?

Also I actually did the lana lv2 gate without knowing there was a lv 1 elsewhere... So I did it with the book. Eventually had my sister help me with it. Not as frustrating as this Lv 3 for Zant holy shit Ganondorf pls. get. it. to.get.her.

I unlocked all the weapons earlier today, still need to get a few heart containers - might give Skulltulas a miss. Now I'm getting stuck in on Master Quest.

I never thought I'd still be playing this this long. I knew I was going to pick this up since I love the Warriors series and everyone likes a bit of Zelda, but I'm still playing it, and I was expecting to bin it in favour of Smash 3DS once it'd been released.

The difficulty hasn't quite spiked up in MQ yet when playing as characters who are now lvl 50+ and have 420 atk weapons, but it's somewhat relaxing after replaying the Vanilla Adventure stages over and over to farm item cards or because I didn't know what to do at first and wasted all my item cards or had to replay difficult stages repeatedly for A ranks.

Excited to see what the Dlc brings.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So is the TP DLC available?

No. Japan release schedule specifically said Late November. And Koei would be dropping bombs in JP Magazines and site updates about it.

Realistic expectations for the DLC itself would have to be the 3rd week of November onward.

Keikaku

This game is ridiculously addicting. I've beaten the main story mode and I'm starting to work on the first Adventure map but, even then, I've only completed about 1.5 rows with full, complete A-Ranks.

Every time I think I'm starting to lose steam, something else just grabs me and I'm right back in. It's the most fun I've had with a Dynasty Warriors game in a long, long time!

They said on Twitter that the development of the TP pack goes really well, I think they might reveal the contents in this or next week's famitsu.

They said on Twitter that the development of the TP pack goes really well, I think they might reveal the contents in this or next week's famitus.

Ah cool. Finally some news :3
If they're still developing it and the timescale for revealing stuff is this or next week if 'development goes really well' tells me that we're definitely not getting it this week at least and probably not next week either, so no need to get excited over the 'available now' thingy :p

Why is the official site so vague on what the DLC packs include?

'a new character' 'a new weapon' 'a new costume'

Tell me what this shit IS so I can buy it! I'm thinking of putting some money down on the Hero of Hyrule pack tonight but I have no idea what I'm getting.

Neo Dark

Why is the official site so vague on what the DLC packs include?

'a new character' 'a new weapon' 'a new costume'

Tell me what this shit IS so I can buy it! I'm thinking of putting some money down on the Hero of Hyrule pack tonight but I have no idea what I'm getting.

The things are still work in progress and probably only a select few know what it is that's being developed until closer to the release.

El Odio

Banned
Man, all this dlc talk reminds me of how I haven't even touched the Master Quest map yet. I told myself I wouldn't start till I finished the first one and the upper rows are proving to be quite challenging.

Jinjo

Woah, just got this game yesterday. I was only able to play the first level, but these large scale battles are basicly what I imagined that would happen in Twilight Princess when the first reveal trailer of that released. I'm gonna love this stuff.

Neo Dark

Really hoping they announce the DLC stuff tomorrow and release right when the presentation ends.

So excited for the Twilight Princess DLC pack that it's the first item on my bingo board
yf93a8u36689zkk6g.jpg

I wonder if Nintendo will be generous this christmas and give away a free character for the game, there's no christmas without a Christmas Groose

Neo Dark

Well fuck it, I got hammered and bought the Hero of Hyrule pack tonight.

Enjoying the extra scenarios in Legend mode.

Well glad you're enjoying it. It really is worth it if you enjoy doing the adventure mode stuff as well. Best part of the Master Quest adventure map... rack up KO counts lol. Love those maps

taizuke

Anyone having trouble getting the Granny's Boy (create every mixture) medal? My Bazzar is maxed out and I swear I had created each kind already. I've been playing the same Adventure mode stage checking them off one by one and I still got a couple to go but can't help but feel maybe is glitched for me.

Edit - Nevermind. Got it.

Qurupeke

I really need to catch up with the DLC. I've stopped playing near the Smash 3DS release and now it seems that the game has double the previous content... Just wow.

llehuty

Chances of Iwata pulling a "DLC content will be available for download at the end of this presentation"?

H Y P E

JoeM86

I really need to catch up with the DLC. I've stopped playing near the Smash 3DS release and now it seems that the game has double the previous content... Just wow.

Yeah. I'm about 80% through the original Adventure Map and 60% though the DLC one...now we're going to get another one, plus my time will be eaten by Smash, ORAS, Mario Kart 8 DLC etc.

I seriously expected the TP pack content to be revealed. Also, what the fuck, forcing you to buy an amiibo to get a weapon? Overpriced bullshit DLC. Not a fan of this.

y'know, I was just sitting there thinking that Link just DID. NOT. have enough weapons already. I'm glad Nintendo decided to fix that with the amiibo :p

What was the announcement? I missed most of the stream.
Link Amiibo unlocks the spinner from Twilight Princess as a weapon.
All other amiibos unlock a reward pack of materials/rupees.

so they cover the mario kart season pass straight after skipping over hyrule warriors season pass, WTF. It like insult to injury, they have a dedicated Hyrule Warriors section dont mention this months season pass content update and then go straight to the MK season pass. >.<

Neo Dark

What was the announcement? I missed most of the stream.

A new weapon if you use Link's amiibo. Also all other amiibo will give you materials or rupees

I guess that's the TP pack's weapon, then...

tumblr_m80f31jKrW1qfpewpo1_500.gif

Nope. They said the Link weapon was part of an amiibo update that will release at the same time as the Twilight Princess pack. The amiibo support doesn't require the DLC packs.

llehuty

I hope all those people that wanted substantive content locked behind Amiibos are happy now <.<

Yeah, not cool at all. As stupid as preorden bonuses IMO.

y'know, I was just sitting there thinking that Link just DID. NOT. have enough weapons already. I'm glad Nintendo decided to fix that with the amiibo :p

lol

Edit: Also, they are going to do the same with Zelda amiibo in the second wave, right? Sigh...

Poor Link need something to defend himself with.

What makes this even worse is that the spinner is obviously from Twilight Princess, so why not include it as another bonus to the TP pack for the people who paid for that pack?

Poor Link need something to defend himself with.

What makes this even worse is that the spinner is obviously from Twilight Princess, so why not include it as another bonus to the TP pack for the people who paid for that pack?

gotta move those shitty figures somehow

i just went from not caring about amiibos to actively hating them

Holy crap Spinner as an Amiibo exclusive moveset?! SELL ME ONE NOW!

We don't know if it is exclusive. The fact that spinner is a TP weapon to me suggests that its part of the TP DLC pack... which means that the new weapon is the spinner.

That would be kind of disappointing really I was hoping for another character to get the new weapon. Now if it wasn't, then that would be kind of exciting because that would mean more content is being made for the game... just for Amiibos instead of DLC packs.

Nope. They said the Link weapon was part of an amiibo update that will release at the same time as the Twilight Princess pack. The amiibo support doesn't require the DLC packs.

well but it could just mean that the Spinner is available separately without the DLC by getting the Amiibo.

I understand why some people would be complaining if the amiibo was the only way to get the spinner, but think about it for a moment. Assuming that the spinner is separate from the TP pack, this means the only reason the spinner was made was because of the amiibo. If there was no amiibo, no spinner, so why complain about extra content when no one is forcing you to buy it? It wouldn't exist otherwise without this price point, unless Nintendo were to suddenly add another weapon to the season pass DLC

Now if it is the same as the TP weapon pack, then the people who should be mad are the people who preordered amiibos and got the season pass. And to me that's just the price one pays for... preordering. If you're capable of being disappointed, you should hold off on putting money down until you see something.

I really hope its not the weapon from the pack.

NeonZ

We don't know if it is exclusive. The fact that spinner is a TP weapon to me suggests that its part of the TP DLC pack... which means that the new weapon is the spinner.

In Japan, the parts of the DLC packs can be bought separately though, so there'd be a much cheaper way to buy the spinner by itself, if it's really the TP pack weapon.

taizuke

Is loosing the 4 hearts accumulative or as long as I replenish the hearts the 2nd wilk appear? Talking adventure mode.

NeonZ

Is loosing the 4 hearts accumulative or as long as I replenish the hearts the 2nd wilk appear? Talking adventure mode.

4 hearts? I think it's closer to 8 if you're talking about Adventure mode's A Ranking. Anyway, they're accumulative.

Camjo-Z

At least the Direct finally confirms that the NA eShop dates for DLC are wrong and that we'll be getting them at the same time as everyone else.

I really can't see Nintendo trying to trick people into buying a $12 figure to get one part of a DLC pack that costs $8.

Top Bottom