• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Dreavus

Hmmmmmmm, do you think it will just take one scan to unlock the spinner? I can't imagine us having to do it every time. I'm thinking of getting a few amiibo as Christmas gifts for others and Link will probably be one of them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hmmmmmmm, do you think it will just take one scan to unlock the spinner? I can't imagine us having to do it every time. I'm thinking of getting a few amiibo as Christmas gifts for others and Link will probably be one of them.

Yeah, I would think so. Maybe they will set a byte that says that Amiibo already gave the spinner though, so its possible you could get 1 games spinner per Link Amiibo.

I wonder how long it will take someone to make a Smart Phone App that can Emulate the Amiibo's NFC and just unlock the content in various Nintendo games.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At least is Cross Game DLC, which is nice. If Nintendo can get Amiibo support into a dozen or two games then it starts getting really attractive to own a bunch of them. Being able to get stuff in 3 games I have with the two I'm purchasing at the start is nice. I'm going to play it by ear before saying I love or hate the system though, Hyrule Warriors is the only game where you unlock significant content with the Amiibos, MK8 being some outfits and Smash being some silly AI mode.

NeonZ

Nah, the Nintendo Direct said everyone but Link will give random materials, items or weapons. It'll be weapon in the treasure sense, not in the new skillset sense.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update.html

Look at their site. Zelda is alongside Link, both having the same description about unlocking a weapon.

Mario and the others, with Ruppees, materials and weapons are bellow, listed separately. The Direct might have ignored Zelda because it's from the 2nd wave.
Edit: On the other hand, thinking about it, I guess both Amiibos could just unlock the same weapon too, rather than Zelda's unlocking an 2nd exclusive weapon.

Hyrule Warriors twitter just confirmed the TP DLC pack has a separate weapon from the amiibo. w00t w00t more content

by the way when are they adding the damn preorder skins to the eshop ermgh

Neo Dark

Hyrule Warriors twitter just confirmed the TP DLC pack has a separate weapon from the amiibo. w00t w00t more content

Called it. Made no sense for them to describe the amiibo then the Twilight Princess DLC the way they did in the direct if the item was included in the pack. They would have tipped us off.

Anyways... nice to hear Zelda's amiibo unlocks something too. Seems like Koei Tecmo likes the amiibo idea. Hope they support it even more and get Nintendo to bring us a Cia and Lana amiibo please

Kinsei

Banned

I didn't think it would be, but it's awesome to have confirmation.

Usually, I'd only go for all Keeps if there's a heart piece for your character listed in the stage otherwise, there's no reason to bother (I think all keeps with new weapons in Legend mode are part of obligatory objectives?). In Legend mode, the heart piece is always in keeps, while the full heart is hidden either under rocks or in places that can only be accessed with items. On the other hand, conquering keeps does help keeping your allies alive for longer in some missions.

In Adventure mode though, you'll pretty much need to go in keep conquering sprees either to gather KOs or find hearts.

Ah that's good to know! I've never encountered one...lol

I'm currently stuck at
Ganon's 3rd mission in Legend Mode. I can defeat Zelda/Link about two times each but they constantly get revived and succeed in conquering my HQ.
Any advice?

CBTech

Ah that's good to know! I've never encountered one...lol

I'm currently stuck at
Ganon's 3rd mission in Legend Mode. I can defeat Zelda/Link about two times each but they constantly get revived and succeed in conquering my HQ.
Any advice?

Bring one of them down to a sliver of health, then go and take out the other. Run back and finish off the first one. Link was closest to me and the first to get to the Allied Base so I brought him down to a couple of hits of health then took out Zelda who was nearby.

Bring one of them down to a sliver of health, then go and take out the other. Run back and finish off the first one. Link was closest to me and the first to get to the Allied Base so I brought him down to a couple of hits of health then took out Zelda who was nearby.

Ok I'll try that out next time. I'm currently playing Adventure mode and trying to level him up, unlock more skills etc.

QuarkMann

Neo Member
I almost finished Adventure Mode (rank A everywhere). Only the two
Agnetha
missions in the upper left corner are in my way. She's level 62 but I still have problems. Do you have any tips for these challenges?

CBTech

Agitha's YYYYX is also solid of you aren't surrounded. Just make sure you only hit X one since Agitha tends to buffer inputs longer than other characters.

llehuty

Sorry, my mistake. In Germany she is called Agnetha...

Translation of Zelda characters is so dumb in Europe. I always struggle in zelda threads with the names.

In spanish she is called Maripola for some reason. Also, Fay is Fei (guess that this one is to keep the pronunciation)

CBTech

Agreed, but if you don't go into the cinematic it looks hella dumb. "Why did all of the enemies fly away? I just floated in the air for a second." Haha. Love it.

I just want to reiterate how much I hate the Imprisoned as a boss. It is the most annoying thing ever. Takes forever to kill, really easy to accidentally take damage from especially when it is below 50%, and just an overall not fun boss to fight. Sheik is the only character that I'm ok using to fight him as I can spam her musuo.

llehuty

B17zTz6CYAEs5A4.png:orig

Kind of hliarious that the weapon that comes from the amiibo involves having both feet stuck in a circular shape.

Ryce

Hacker/data miner crediar has found code tucked away on the disc suggesting a second Midna weapon (“hair”) and Tingle as a playable character.

Looking at code of #HyruleWarriors I found some disturbing text strings: action/model/C_TINGLE.bin.gz action/model/W_TINGLE_BALLOON.bin.gz

There is one more: "101_dark_tingle_00"
And also there seems to be a 2nd weapon for midna: action/model/W_MIDNA_HAIR.bin.gz
The Tweets are a few weeks old, but I don’t think anyone has posted this here.

El Odio

Banned
I swear anytime I pick a level to get materials even with the materials+ bonus all the characters will start dropping weapons instead. This is actually starting to aggravate me.

Bombless

I swear anytime I pick a level to get materials even with the materials+ bonus all the characters will start dropping weapons instead. This is actually starting to aggravate me.

Which is why you must buy the amiibos! Extra materials!
Actually I think that kind of interactivity is lame.

Kjellson

I'm watching a game show on TV right now and one of the contestants is a woman with the name Cia. Didn't know that was a real name.

TourianTourist

Neo Member

Let me guess, you're trying levels with only strong characters and giant bosses in them, right? There's a reason for that.

You will get three weapons per Adventure / Challenge Battle and the game tries to give them to you early. Which is why in missions with only six enemies, half of the time you get weapons.

Try "Rack up your KO count" missions. As soon as you got all three weapons, you will only receive materials. And thanks to the constant magic buffs even lots of rare ones.

Yousefb

Just finished the Legend mode. Had a blast with this game really didn't think I'd enjoy it this much! Still haven't really explored adventure mode so I'll be checking that out soon. I just had a question regarding DLC.

Is the master quest pack worth it? Thing is I know I'm gonna want to get the TP, Majoras, and Boss packs later. So it would make more sense to get the Hero pack with all of em instead spending money on then separately. But I don't really care for Cia and her new scenarios in the master quest pack. So should I wait or am I missing out?

Just finished the Legend mode. Had a blast with this game really didn't think I'd enjoy it this much! Still haven't really explored adventure mode so I'll be checking that out soon. I just had a question regarding DLC.

Is the master quest pack worth it? Thing is I know I'm gonna want to get the TP, Majoras, and Boss packs later. So it would make more sense to get the Hero pack with all of em instead spending money on then separately. But I don't really care for Cia and her new scenarios in the master quest pack. So should I wait or am I missing out?

Well, it's also content for Volga and Wizzro, plus a few extras for the rest of the cast like extra costumes, 8bit weapons and the like :3

Uh... talking of the twilight pack, do we actually have a date or new info on it yet aside from the datamining stuff about Midna's hair? :eek:

NeonZ

It really depends on how much you enjoy Adventure mode, since Master Quest Adventure is really the main attraction in that pack. Anyway, it also adds Epona for Link and has weapons and story stages for Wizzro and Volga too, not only Cia. Also, pallet swaps for every character (although you need to unlock those in Master Quest) and new costumes for Cia and Lana.

Well, it's also content for Volga and Wizzro, plus a few extras for the rest of the cast like extra costumes, 8bit weapons and the like :3

Uh... talking of the twilight pack, do we actually have a date or new info on it yet aside from the datamining stuff about Midna's hair? :eek:

Nope. Strange. Should be any day now.

So who from MM would make you not blow a gasket if Skull Kid is not included?

I don't know what blowing a gasket means, but there's no way they can mess up the MM pack. That game has way too many good characters they could pick. I'm fine with Happy Mask Salesman, Tingle, the UFO's or even the butler. Just not Deku Link. That would kind of suck.

CBTech

What if Tingle is the Majora's Mask new character? Would that make you guys mad? I don't know how much the Tingle hate is around here. I've never disliked the character so it wouldn't bother me too much, though I think Skull Kid or a number of other characters would be more interesting.

Dreavus

What if Tingle is the Majora's Mask new character? Would that make you guys mad? I don't know how much the Tingle hate is around here. I've never disliked the character so it wouldn't bother me too much, though I think Skull Kid or a number of other characters would be more interesting.

I think that's where most people stand on it. So many other choices available from that game.

What if Tingle is the Majora's Mask new character? Would that make you guys mad?
Aren't we getting 2 new characters in that pack? :p

That aside, Tingle's not a character I want to play. If he's in then... well... ~shrug~. If he's not then... well.. ~shrug~ :p
I just find it more conducive to focus on anyone I like who makes it in rather than worrying about who didn't make the cut :3

NeonZ

It'll be really short sighted form Koei if Tingle really makes it. He was basically phased out of the series due to the West, and that's where Hyrule Warriors has sold the most by far, so making him one of the few DLC characters just seems like a mistake. They should keep him for a HW 2, if there are any plans for it, since then he'd be just part of a larger second batch of characters.

Ryce

It'll be really short sighted form Koei if Tingle really makes it. He was basically phased out of the series due to the West, and that's where Hyrule Warriors has sold the most by far, so making him one of the few DLC characters just seems like a mistake. They should keep him for a HW 2, if there are any plans for it, since then he'd be just part of a larger second batch of characters.
I'm assuming the Majora's Mask characters will be based on their designs from Majora's Mask 3D, just as the OOT characters are based on OOT 3D. In that case, Tingle is still "relevant" in the West.

Tingle and Skull Kid are my bets for the Majora's Mask characters. No one else from that game strikes me as recognizable enough to be playable.

El Odio

Banned
Let me guess, you're trying levels with only strong characters and giant bosses in them, right? There's a reason for that.

You will get three weapons per Adventure / Challenge Battle and the game tries to give them to you early. Which is why in missions with only six enemies, half of the time you get weapons.

Try "Rack up your KO count" missions. As soon as you got all three weapons, you will only receive materials. And thanks to the constant magic buffs even lots of rare ones.
Wait really? Hm, guess I'll try this out later then.

Golnei

It's not short-sighted at all - he's not popular in the US, but Europe at least tolerates him and he's still liked in Japan. I don't see how it's irresponsible to choose him for a DLC character when he's already had a few spinoff games of his own - despite their lacklustre sales figures, it shows that he has a little more presence than most of the MM cast. And his recent appearances in the Smash Bros. games, WWHD and MM3D can't be discounted; the latter is probably the only reason why we're getting a Majora's Mask pack.

Tingle is kind of iconic for the Zelda-series. He's a unique, wacky character that could have a cool moveset. I'd imagine him being in.

Also again most of Skull Kid's potential moves are already in the game, but sure, they could come up with something cool still.

Tiu Neo

I hope Tingle is in. His moveset has a lot of potential. Also, there is another slot for MM characters, so the DLC will still be worth it for people who don't like Tingle.

shaowebb

Personally, I'm hoping for Happy Mask salesman using the masks to summon characters like Mikau to perform attacks for him. Sort of like Chen Gong's tactics scroll from DW8xl.

Golnei

The more I think about it, I'd actually prefer Majora itself to be playable, especially if it incorporated all three main forms.

tumblr_lilbqkbaxr1qziv5qo1_500.gif

Moonwalking armies to death would be a wonderful feeling.

Personally, I'm hoping for Happy Mask salesman using the masks to summon characters like Mikau to perform attacks for him. Sort of like Chen Gong's tactics scroll from DW8xl.

The Happy Mask Salesman has heaps of material to build on, but I'm not sure if the transformation masks would be the best use of his potential moveset seeing as they're more associated with Link, and we already have a playable Goron and Zora. Using all the other MM masks would probably be more interesting - something like putting on the bunny hood to dash, summoning characters with the Keaton, Captain's Hat and Garo masks, directly attacking groups of enemies with the Blast mask, paralysing enemies with the dance granted by Kamaro's mask and growing into a colossus with the Giant's mask. As well as a victory pose that has him conjure his piano from the void.

Top Bottom