• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Was not very interested but catching up with some videos and reviews I will get this sometime. The videos at gamersyde look very good.

Sify64

Amazon UK sent me an email about delayed stock and got a gift certificate to compensate. Anyone else had that problem?

im really surprised at how much fun im having with the game, guess that's what you get going in with low expectations.

Sheik is my favorite to use so far i like how depending on how you end each string gives you a different buff with her harp, eg if i do x, y i get a water shield that protects against damage pretty cool considering I thought these games where mash attack until things die

jonno394

Amazon UK sent me an email about delayed stock and got a gift certificate to compensate. Anyone else had that problem?

Delayed stock of what?

Amazon emailed me this morning stating it would be delivered today.....it better be there when I get home!

Sify64

Delayed stock of what?

Amazon emailed me this morning stating it would be delivered today.....it better be there when I get home!

Guess, it's just me then. This was the gist of the mail.

"Hello,

We wanted to let you know due to a late arrival of stock, your order for "Hyrule Warriors" will be delayed until September 23 2014 at the latest, although we'll make every effort to get it to you before then. We’re sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
As a gesture of goodwill, we'd like to give you a Gift Certificate of GBP 5.00."

jonno394

Guess, it's just me then. This was the gist of the mail.

"Hello,

We wanted to let you know due to a late arrival of stock, your order for "Hyrule Warriors" will be delayed until September 23 2014 at the latest, although we'll make every effort to get it to you before then. We’re sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
As a gesture of goodwill, we'd like to give you a Gift Certificate of GBP 5.00."

Oh shit, sorry to hear that mate, but it looks like either Nintendo undershipped or sales are good for Hyrule Warriors or both!

Noticed it's been in the top 10 over the past few days and seen it pipped from the top spot by just Destiny PS4 at times as well.

edit - Just got an email off amazon and assumed i'd be getting the same message, but thankfully it was just to say IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED :)

Sify64

Oh shit, sorry to hear that mate, but it looks like either Nintendo undershipped or sales are good for Hyrule Warriors or both!

Noticed it's been in the top 10 over the past few days and seen it pipped from the top spot by just Destiny PS4 at times as well.

edit - Just got an email off amazon and assumed i'd be getting the same message, but thankfully it was just to say IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED :)
it's no problem, I'm actually happy about the delay. I had another preorder from Game to get the TP costume pack, and I am currently playing through it.

Ansatz

Amazon UK confirmed dispatch through email and later sent a separate mail with just a code for the SS pack. The game itself is expected to arrive on Monday though :(

daxgame

okay GAF I just got the game and I'm stuck at the first screen hahahaha.

I've never played a Dynasty Warrior game so I don't know the difference between it or "Zelda style" controls. What do you suggest?
Can someone write a super short recap about the first method?

JoeM86

Enjoying this game a lot, but can be frustrated when things start to go wrong and you have 3 keeps about to die

Kouriozan

okay GAF I just got the game and I'm stuck at the first screen hahahaha.

I've never played a Dynasty Warrior game so I don't know the difference between it or "Zelda style" controls. What do you suggest?
Can someone write a super short recap about the first method?
I found Dynasty Warriors style better because you can quickly dodge/do weak attacks, but I guess that's because I'm used to Musou games.

Qurupeke

Awesome game. I can't really see this being entirely button mashing with all of these different combos.. It's somewhat more complex than what I expected but still simple. I love it.

Also, Gohma destroyed me like 7 times till I beat it... Not sure why...

Beated the second stage, playing in hard mode, this game is a blast to play, and its my first warriors game.
Dont know what I was doing when I started with link, but oh god when you start the second stage wth impa everything flows nicely, moving between keeps, keeping everything save, etc...

Im having lots of problems with the skulltulas though. So I do the mission (kill 1000 guys) and the skulltula appears, theres like a huge spider web in the map where the skulltula suppsedly appears so I go running to the middle of it. Start looking for it as you would do in a normal zelda (i can hear the sound properly so I try to move the camera all over). Nothing not a single one in sight, no walls, no ceilings, no nothing.
Are they hidden inside something? (rocks where I have to use bombs etc...)
Are they exactly in the middle of the spider web or in the surroundings?

Beated the second stage, playing in hard mode, this game is a blast to play, and its my first warriors game.
Dont know what I was doing when I started with link, but oh god when you start the second stage wth impa everything flows nicely, moving between keeps, keeping everything save, etc...

Im having lots of problems with the skulltulas though. So I do the mission (kill 1000 guys) and the skulltula appears, theres like a huge spider web in the map where the skulltula suppsedly appears so I go running to the middle of it. Start looking for it as you would do in a normal zelda (i can hear the sound properly so I try to move the camera all over). Nothing not a single one in sight, no walls, no ceilings, no nothing.
Are they hidden inside something? (rocks where I have to use bombs etc...)
Are they exactly in the middle of the spider web or in the surroundings?
I think it's anywhere within the range of the entire web so there can be a lot of ground to cover, some of them have been hidden under rocks that need to be bombed, others have simply been tucked on the floor or low levels of a wall out in the open.
Of course when you hear the sound and the music fades out you know that you're on the right track and it'll be somewhere in the immediate vicinity.

I think it's anywhere within the range of the entire web so there can be a lot of ground to cover, some of them have been hidden under rocks that need to be bombed, others have simply been tucked on the floor or low levels of a wall out in the open.
Of course when you hear the sound and the music fades out you know that you're on the right track and it'll be somewhere in the immediate vicinity.

Thanks, they are probably on bombs then.
Doesnt help either everything and their mother try to attack you while you are looking for them lol

Wow, the visuals are awful in co-op. Feels like the resolution goes down to like 480p.

Its a shame, as in single player its quite a nice looking game.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I only managed to play the first stage almost completely before leaving for airport, but I very much enjoyed it. I can't wait to play again on Sunday
and get rid of Link.

Thanks, they are probably on bombs then.
Doesnt help either everything and their mother try to attack you while you are looking for them lol
That and it's like the skulltullas always turn up at the moments where you should really be doing something else to prevent things all going pear shaped.
"yeah I hear your cries of terror allies but I've got to run across the other side of the map and hunt for this spider first, it takes priority over that giant dinosaur steamrolling over our bases".

Wow, the visuals are awful in co-op. Feels like the resolution goes down to like 480p.

Its a shame, as in single player its quite a nice looking game.

Of the various Musou games I've played this one does seem to take one of the bigger hits in multiplayer, it's a shame.
It didn't help the one time I tried it I had to use Remote and Nunchuck, waggle was light attack, I don't think they could have assigned a worse input to the motion control and I'm usually pretty cool with it.

daydream

Banned
Wow, the cut scenes are really good and fun to watch. Team Ninja and Omega Force did a nice job.

I think the whole game looks rather nice, the art direction that went into the character models and animations is great. In motion, it all comes together.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyone else pre-order from Best Buy? I've never pre-ordered a game from them, let alone one with a DLC pre-order bonus. Will they have slips with the game when you buy it?

In the past I have gotten an email from them with the codes for DLC. Usually pretty quickly.

It is also possible the code is printed on a paper slip in the game itself. That has also been the case for me on certain BB exclusive software pre-order DLC, but it varies on how the publisher(Nintendo) chooses to deliver.

McNum

Hm. So this is a Musou game? How stupid. How utterly entertaining. 1 vs. 2000 and the conservation of ninjitsu principle is in effect. They don't stand a chance.

I like it so far, but I'm only up to stage 3. It's one of those games you need a break from every hour or so, I think. The combo controls and such might be relatively simple, but there's a lot of visual information to process.

Still, having fun so far. And I can totally see me going a little nuts in the weapon collecting part.

69wpm

I finished stage 3 now. Started on normal, restarted on hard because it was too easy. I have to say that it's a lot more fun than I imagined. Keeping track of everything isn't as easy as you might think in the beginning. The cut scenes are pretty cool, but I like the narrated sequences between the missions a lot more.

Top Bottom